Monday, February 27, 2012

"John Park hopes to prove himself as a real musician with his album ‘Knock’" plus 19 more

John Park hopes to prove himself as a real musician with his album ‘Knock’

Posted: 27 Feb 2012 09:07 AM PST

Superstar K2‘ runner-up John Park revealed the story behind his debut album, ‘Knock,’ which was released on February 22nd. The title is a reference to John Park knocking on the door to Korea’s music world as a rookie singer, and it was revealed that he wrote and produced the title song himself.  Unlike his fellow ‘Superstar K2′ contestants Huh Gak and Jang Jae In who have already release multiple albums, John Park, who signed a contract with Music Farm last April, has finally released his debut album after a year of hard work.

He revealed, “I was always in love with music from the beginning so I would sing and go to auditions, but after I appeared on TV I encountered so many obstacles. All of a sudden I became a hot topic, I had to watch myself around other people, and deal with different interpretations of success. As I started thinking about all these things, I would sometimes lose sight of the reason why I started doing music in the first place, but I was able to realize with certainty that I would only be happy if I did music thanks to the help of Kim Dong Ryul sunbae.”

John Park also explained why his debut album was released later than expected. He stated that before he started working on his album, he had some time to think about what kind of mindset he needed to be a singer, his musical philosophy, and to genuinely think over whether he wanted to also participate in acting and appearing on variety shows. Because he had some time to soul-search, he said that he was satisfied with his album.

He explained, “I hope that through this album, people can see me as a rookie musician. It’s just the beginning, and the songs, rather than being flashy, are soft and full of feeling. The vocals are tender, resulting in a clear sound, and since it’s spring I tried to convey the cautious, anticipating feeling of the season.”

Perhaps it was because of his seriousness towards music and the effort he put into making his album, but his title song Falling,” along with “Why,” “This Isn’t It,” “Good Day,” and “That Song” all placed within the Top 10 songs on portal sites and real-time music charts. “Falling” was composed by Andy Platts of UK soul-funk band Mamas Gun, and John Park wrote the lyrics and produced the song himself. “Good Day” was composed by Kim Hyung Seok; “Why,” “This Isn’t It,” and “That Song” were all composed by Kim Dong Ryul.

John Park stated that his title song, “Falling,” was titled so to imply falling in love, and contains a straightforward love story. He mused, “When we love, sometimes we’re happy and sometimes it hurts, but we end up falling in love again. However, this song isn’t just about love; I also thought a lot about loneliness. Loneliness was good for me, and I needed it to plunge deeper into my music.”

John Park also confided that “That Song” was the song he cherishes the most, as he laughed, “I like ‘That Song’ the best. It’s a very Kim Dong Ryul-like ballad. Kim Dong Ryul sunbae complimented me and said that I sang it well, but he also joked around and said that he regretted giving the song to me.”

He also stated that his next album will contain more of his own songs, and that while he likes both composing and writing lyrics, the essence of a song is what is delivered, so he is more interested in being a lyricist.

When asked if he had any talent for appearing on variety shows, he confessed, “I am really shy so I don’t know if I would be any fun on variety shows, but I do possess a random, whimsical character. I think I could do really well if I appeared on ’1N2D’ because I don’t need a lot of sleep, but I think that would take up too much of my time.”

John Park also commented that he wants to be a musician that moves people and comforts them. He stated, “I would like it if people could listen to my music and feel their minds at ease if only for those 3 minutes. I want to be the kind of good person that improves society by continuously working on my music and volunteering.” Additionally, he revealed that he admires artists like Kim Jang Hoon, Lee Juk, Lady Gaga, and John Legend.

Source + Image: Money Herald via Naver

Alexander & Kibum celebrate 1 year anniversary since leaving U-KISS

Posted: 27 Feb 2012 08:36 AM PST

Around a year ago, NH Media released an official statement regarding the withdrawal of two U-KISS members, Alexander and Kim Kibum.

Earlier today, Alexander posted the above photo and wrote, “Long time no see~ Happy 1 year anniversary @90KKB~ :)

In the photo, Alexander can be seen smiling next by Kibum.

Although their departure was a very sad moment for many KISSme fans, both Alexander and Kibum have moved on. Good luck to both Alexander and Kibum on their future endeavours.

Source + Image: Alexander’s Twitter
Tip: Elizabeth

2AM reveals ‘Art Film’ teaser

Posted: 27 Feb 2012 08:06 AM PST

Last week, it was revealed that 2AM would be making their Korean comeback. Their website at 2am.ibighit.com was setup with the words, “A year and a half since we parted ways…" Now, new words have been added on the website along with a teaser video titled ‘Art Film‘.

The new words are: “As for me, I’ve been trying to comfort myself and pull myself together… This is how I look these days… What do you think?

Additionally, the website shows that future teasers include a “Fashion Film“, “Artist Interview“, “Trailer 1: Her Story“, and “Trailer 2: Prequel“.

Check out the ‘Art Film’ teaser below!

MBLAQ to visit their mentor Rain in the military

Posted: 27 Feb 2012 07:40 AM PST

Idol group MBLAQ announced that they’re going to visit singer Rain in the military.

On the February 25th airing of SBS RadioJung Sun Hee’s ‘A Night Like Tonight”, the members talked about their ideal types of women and displayed their passion for music.

The boys also shared that when times were extremely difficult, they got over their ‘slump’ by listening to the songs of their senior and mentor Rain.

They confessed that even after Rain enlisted into the Korean military, he continues to be the members’ pillar of mental strength and stability.

It’s already been a few months since he enlisted, but we have been unable to visit him due to our busy schedule,” MBLAQ remarked. “We give him a call every time we miss him.”

No matter how much other people encourage us, we are most strengthened by Rain’s two words, ‘Have strength’,” they continued.

The boys then sent Rain a short message saying, “We’re going to visit you in March when our promotions come to an end. Wait for us!”

Source & Image: TVDaily via Nate

Big Bang reveals teaser for “Wings (Daesung Solo)”

Posted: 27 Feb 2012 07:03 AM PST

As previously reported, the boys of Big Bang are doing it big for their 5th mini album by promoting six tracks at once.

Big Bang’s 5th mini-album, ‘Alive‘, is scheduled to hit shelves on February 29th, but the boys will release previews from each track every day prior to the release date.

Fans were treated ”Blue” first, ”Love Dust” next, and Bad Boy third, “Ain’t No Fun” fourth, “Fantastic Baby” fifth, now the final teaser, “Wings (Daesung Solo)” is here!

The lyrics were written by G-Dragon and Daesung. The track was produced by G-Dragon, and Choi Pil Kang.

Check out the preview for “Wings (Daesung Solo)” below:

Lee Seung Gi brings laughs with his crazy swinging for last broadcast of ’1N2D’

Posted: 27 Feb 2012 05:45 AM PST

On February 26th, KBS2 TV aired its last broadcast of ‘1N2D,’ which documented the second part of the cast’s last trip.

On this broadcast, when Lee Soo Geun showed off his swinging skills on a large swing at the base camp, Lee Seung Gi confidently stated that he could swing just as well as Lee Soo Geun and challenged his swinging skills.

However, once Lee Seung Gi got on the swing, he showed that he couldn’t swing due to his inability to find the right rhythm, and showered his castmates with questions on how to time his reactions and how to find the rhythm with a quizzical look on his face.

After Lee Seung Gi’s attempt at swinging, Eun Ji Won showed that he could swing well too, which caused Na Young Suk PD to comment that “It’s just Lee Seung Gi who can’t swing.” Lee Seung Gi, who then became embarrassed, asked if it was really that weird when he was trying to swing.

Despite his first failed attempt, Lee Seung Gi continued to try to swing; although Eun Ji Won tried to help by pushing Lee Seung Gi from behind, Lee Seung Gi still could not find the right rhythm and continued to swing around in one spot, which brought laughs from everyone  because of his horrible swinging.

Although ’1N2D’ is over, there will be a “Season 2″ of ’1N2D,’ which is scheduled to air in March, with both old and new cast members: Um Tae Woong, Kim Jong Min, Kim Seung Woo, Lee Soo Geun, Cha Tae Hyun, Sung Shi Kyung and Joo Won.

Source + Image: Financial News via Naver

Boohwals’s Jung Dong Ha goes back to school

Posted: 27 Feb 2012 05:17 AM PST

Rock band Boohwal’s singer Jung Dong Ha has been admitted into Korea Art College.

On February 27th a staff member of Boohwal revealed this information to OSEN via phone call.

Also Park Wan Kyu, a former singer of Boohwal, was admitted into the college with Jung Dong Ha. Their professor is none other than Boohwal’s leader/guitarist Kim Tae Won.

Jung Dong Ha commented, “Regardless of age and other circumstances, I wanted to learn practical music genres thoroughly.

Source and Picture: Osen

C-Real to release second mini-album “Love Diary”

Posted: 27 Feb 2012 03:45 AM PST

The girls of C-Real are planning to make a comeback very soon.

C-Real’s management, N.A.P Entertainment posted to their Facebook and Twitter properties, the album jacket for their second mini-album titled, “Love Diary.”

The scheduled release date is March, 6th 2012, so they should be appearing on music programs shortly after.

N.A.P Entertainment stated, “The revealing of C-Real’s second mini-album jacket!!! Please show a lot of interest for C-Real, who have become even more cuter and lovable!!!

C-Real debuted in October of 2011 with their title track “No No No No No” and received much attention as they were labeled the “5 IU mini-me’s.”

Grab the Look: miss A “Touch”

Posted: 27 Feb 2012 03:23 AM PST

miss A is back with their new song “Touch“. Their comeback concept is dark and romantic with rich colors mixed with black, feathers, lace and floral patterns. These girls are always looking hot and on the mark with the latest trends. This week’s edition of “Grab the Look” is about bringing one of those hot trends to your wardrobe.

Lace is a hot trend for this season, and with so many options out there it’s hard to know where to begin. A lace dress is a perfect way to start; find something that suits the occasion. Wearing darker colored lace is dressier and is great for dinner at a nice restaurant, work or family functions. White or pastel colored lace is more versatile and perfect for school, shopping with friends or day dates.

When looking for the perfect lace dress, take a good look at the quality of the lace and make sure it’s soft against the skin, not scratchy or itchy. Comfort is key. Also find a dress that fits your body type. When unsure which shape is right, a great place to start is by defining waist and an appropriate hemline.

Check out below for great lace dress tips and bring some of Miss A‘s comeback concept to your closet, and be sure to check out miss A‘s new MV “Touch“.

IU, “Lee Hyori is scary, Uhm Jung Hwa is approachable”

Posted: 27 Feb 2012 02:45 AM PST

IU has compared sunbae solo singers, Lee Hyori and Uhm Jung Hwa.

On the February 26th episode of “Jung Jae Hyung and Lee Hyori’s You and I“, IU appeared as the featured guest. As IU entered the studio, Lee Hyori revealed a signed CD that she received from IU during her debut days. In the CD, IU wrote “Lee Hyori sunbaenim, I am new singer IU. I am happy to have seen your performance. I will do my best from now on.

Lee Hyori said, “At the time I was in the midst of my ‘Chitty Chitty Bang Bang‘ activities. As you all know, I wore really heavy makeup for that promotion, and so when I met younger hoobae singers, they all shook in fright.”

To IU, Lee asked, “What is my image like among hoobae girl groups?“, to which IU replied, “You are a really really senior singer.

IU continued, “I met Uhm Jung Hwa sunbae a few times, and everytime I went to greet her, she received me with a warm smile“. When Lee Hyori jokingly protested her scary image in comparison to Uhm Jung Hwa, IU hurriedly added, “I think it is because Hyori sunbae’s songs are all really charismatic songs while Uhm Jung Hwa sunbae’s representative song is the light-hearted ‘Festival“.

Lee Hyori sighed and said, “I can’t even say anything because IU is too cute. I will try to be a more approachable sunbae from now on.”

Source & Image: Daum

Se7en reveals Boom was as popular as Rain during high school

Posted: 27 Feb 2012 01:52 AM PST

Singer Se7en drew much attention when he confirmed MC Boom‘s claim of being as popular with the ladies as singer Rain when they were in high school.

On February 24th, Se7en guested on SBS‘s Power FMBoom’s Young Street‘, where he drew memories from his high school days.

During the broadcast, Boom requested, “Please truthfully tell how popular I was at the time,” to which Se7en replied, “There were just two people who were popular amongst my freshman classmates and my female friends. Those two were Lee Min Ho (Boom) and Jung Ji Hoon (Rain). Their popularity was split exactly down the middle, it was neck and neck.”

Boom happened to be two years senior to Se7en during high school and was participating through the idol group ‘Nuclear‘ at the time. Se7en then added, “However, Boom’s popularity lasted only throughout my first year until ‘Nuclear’ disbanded,” drawing much laughter in the studio.

Source: Star News via Naver

First single off Taw & Haha’s collaboration album to be released Feb. 28th

Posted: 27 Feb 2012 01:28 AM PST

Haha, of ‘Infinity Challenge‘ and ‘Running Man‘ fame, is returning to his musical roots by collaborating with rapper/ballad artist Taw, to release a new album.

Although the new album is slated to be released in March, the first single, titled “Love,” is scheduled to be released at midnight on February 28th.

The single showcases not only the musical talents of Haha and Taw, but also features the musical talents of Gary, one half of Leessang and Haha’s fellow ‘Running Man’ castmate, and Kim Greem of ‘Superstar K2‘ fame.

“Love” blends a warm sound with an orchestral arrangement, and was mastered by Tom Coyne, one of America’s top sound engineers, who has mastered songs for top artists such as Britney Spears, Backstreet Boys, Destiny’s Child, and Jay-Z.

Lee Hyori’s belly fat surprises netizens

Posted: 27 Feb 2012 12:43 AM PST

Korea’s sexy queen Lee Hyori and her belly fat has become a hot topic among netizens.

On February 26th, Lee Hyori and friend Jung Jae Hyung made their debut on new SBS program, ‘Jung Jae Hyung and Lee Hyori’s You and I‘. After the broadcast, the above captures surfaced on an online community board.

In the broadcast, Lee Hyori is seen wearing a black and white patterned sleeveless dress. As usual, she radiated with confidence and beauty. However, as she sat down to host, viewers were drawn to her exposed back and lower belly.

As everyone knows, even the skinniest person seems to have a bigger midsection when they are hunched over and sitting down. However, since Lee Hyori has been known for her tight abs through her past album and CF activities, some netizens voiced their disappointment.

Viewers wrote, “I guess even Lee Hyori is human“, “I don’t really care about her back but I miss her pretty abs“, “It is because she is wearing tight clothing and is sitting down“, “That kind of fold is natural on anyone” and, “I am sure when she releases her new album she will be back with her perfect abs“.

In related news, Lee Hyori and Jung Jae Hyung drew praise for their natural hosting abilities as they sat down with group UV and singer IU, to talk about various topics.

Source & Image: Daum

Who wants to play basketball with Huh Gak?

Posted: 27 Feb 2012 12:11 AM PST

It seems like singer Huh Gak is relaxing these days by frequently shooting some hoops.

On February 27th, Huh Gak shared a photo on his Twitter along with a post, “At Yeouido Park in the middle of the night. I came to play basketball, but nobody’s here. If anybody lives nearbly, please do come.

The photo shows Huh Gak staring off into an empty basketball court, wishing for someone to play with him.

Netizens responded, “No matter how close Yeouido is to where I live, going out in the middle of the night on a Saturday is…“, “You should practice dribbling by yourself“, and “Is John Park or Kim Ji Soo not around?

Source: Huh Gak’s Official Twitter

miss A’s chic transformation continues to impress

Posted: 27 Feb 2012 12:05 AM PST

miss A‘s long awaited comeback is heating up the small screen and the online communities.

The popular 4-member group, who released their fourth project album “Touch“, has experienced great success as they swept numerous online music charts. The lead single ‘Touch‘, written by Asia’s top producer Park Jin Young, not only dominated the real time charts, but also notched a million clicks on Youtube on its release date.

This comeback has gained mass attention because it represented a departure from miss A’s trademark powerful performance, in favor of a feminine, chic choreography.

Additionally, the group’s outfit has been at the center of attention as their use of the nude-tone elastic bands, dubbed “bandage outfit”, climbed the real time trending search lists. Furthermore, the group’s pure yet sexy white laced dresses, as well as their captivating black laced dresses managed to add to the dramatic transformation. Even their makeup drew heavy interest as their teary, cubic makeup gained attention among fans and netizens alike.

miss A’s company AQ Entertainment released a statement saying, “Thank you for the love that you have given for miss A’s comeback. The members and staff have worked tirelessly on the album in order to meet the high level of interest that was shown. We will do our best for the promotions. We ask for your unending support for miss A, who will continue to upgrade their visuals and performance to become a more mature group.”

2PM wraps up successful concert in Nanjing!

Posted: 26 Feb 2012 11:54 PM PST

2PM has wrapped up a successful concert in Nanjing.

On February 25th, 2PM put on an electrifying show at the Nanjing leg of their first Asian tour. Dubbed the ‘Hands Up Asia Tour‘, this long anticipated tour has seen the group perform in Taiwan, Jakarta, Singapore, Bangkok, Nanjing and Hong Kong. It has received explosive response from their fans as all seats for each performance sold out for a total of 52,000 tickets sold.

At the Nanjing show, a total of 9,000 fans flocked to see the boys perform. The concert promoter was quoted as saying, “The local fans have eagerly awaited 2PM’s performance. Everyone was able to feel the energy of the Chinese fans.” As a result of the high level of interest, the group reached #2 on Chinese search engine Weibo‘s real-time trending list. Furthermore, fans used every opportunity to see 2PM by following them from the airport and waiting outside the members’ hotel.

2PM, who recently donated some of the proceeds from their Thai concert towards "Red Cross Thailand", decided to donate a part of the Nanjing concert proceeds to China’s "Change the Tables and Chairs for the Children" event.

"Change the Tables and Chairs for the Children" allowed 2PM to donate proceeds so that underfunded schools in China could update worn out school furniture for over 200 students.

JYP Entertainment released a statement saying, “We earnestly give thanks to the fans around Asia who have shown great interest and support for 2PM’s first Asian tour. 2PM members are still touched at the love from the fans at the Nanjing performance. We will do out best as we prepare for the last performance in Hong Kong.”

2PM returned to Korea on the 26th after the completion of their Nanjing performance.

Park Bom reveals a fresh-faced selca

Posted: 26 Feb 2012 11:47 PM PST

Park Bom revealed a fresh selca photo after her hot collaboration performance with label-mate Se7en,

On February 26th, the popular 2NE1 member posted the above photo with a caption that read, “I just got home. What did you think of my performance today? I worked very hard with Se7en to prepare for it.

The photo, which shows Bom’s natural look with minimal makeup, comes as some netizens have expressed concern for the condition of her face during Sunday’s Inkigayo performance. It seems however, that all is well as she wrote, “Soon I will be heading off for member CL‘s birthday party. I can’t wait. I finally get to try cutie Chae Rin’s cooking!

Netizens who viewed the post responded, “Your performance today was great!“, “A beautiful voice and envious body“, “I hope 2NE1 also makes a comeback soon!

In related news, Park Bom drew much attention for her collaboration performance with Se7en for his new single, “When I Can’t Sing“.

Source & Image: OSEN

Big Bang to appear on ‘Infinity Challenge’!

Posted: 26 Feb 2012 11:10 PM PST

Ahead of their comeback, Big Bang has agreed to guest on MBC TV‘s ‘Infinity Challenge‘ for the second time!

On February 27th, a representative of YG Entertainment held a phone conversation with TVReport saying, “We recently ended a meeting with the PD of Infinity Challenge, discussing Big Bang’s second appearance on the show. Because Big Bang enjoys watching Infinity Challenge, they agreed to make a guest appearance once again.”

Unfortunately, they were not able to set a date for the recording due to the continuous labor strike going on at MBC. The newest episode of ‘Infinity Challenge’ aired back on January 30th and has consisted of re-runs for the past four weeks.

Big Bang appeared for the first time on ‘Infinity Challenge’ back in May for a ‘Gangs of Seoul‘ special. Now, about one year has passed and the two teams will face-off again for the upcoming episode.

Source & Image: TVReport via Naver

Big Bang’s ‘Blue’ MV draws 8 million views, wins 2 Youtube gold medals

Posted: 26 Feb 2012 11:07 PM PST

Big Bang‘s ‘Blue‘ music video has received two Youtube gold medals, testament to the explosive response from fans around the world.

Youtube has a medal system in which they award gold, silver, and bronze medals to popular videos. The categories for medals include “All Time Most Popular”, “Recently Most Popular” and, “Trending”.

‘Blue’ has received numerous views as well as “Likes”, which has led Youtube to award the music video with a gold medal for “Recently Most Popular”, as well as “Trending”.

The music video, which was revealed on February 22nd, has drawn over 8 million views in 5 days, which means that it has drawn more than a million views per day since its release.

Of course, the single has achieved explosive popularity on the download charts as well.

After the track’s release on the 22nd, it has hit number 1 on charts such as Melon, Cyworld, Soribada, Olleh Music, and Mnet. In the days when number 1′s change frequently, Blue’s dominance on the charts are an indicator of Big Bang’s power on the singles charts.

On the 29th, the long awaited mini album will be released. With each day leading up to the release, Big Bang has released a teaser for each track, which has caused many netizens to praise the quality of each track even though they are all short samples.

In related news, Big Bang will be kicking off their “Big Bang Alive Tour 2012” on March 2-4th. This tour will be produced by staff who have worked on world famous artists such as Lady Gaga and Madonna.

SM Entertainment to start a travel agency business

Posted: 26 Feb 2012 11:02 PM PST

Korea’s leading entertainment agency SM Entertainment will start a travel and tourism business.

On February 27th, SM Entertainment released a statement saying, “SM Entertainment has acquired a travel agency specializing in Hawaii called, “Happy Hawaii” through a capital increase. We have changed the name to “SM Town Travel” through which we will be running a travel and tourism business.”

Furthermore, they stated, “SM Town Travel will combine SM Entertainment’s renowned brand with the global popularity of K-pop and Hallyu in order to invent various travel packages. It will also strive to become a cultural exchange business through education and culture exchange.”

President of SM Town Travel Kim Jung Hyun said, “We will present services and products that differ from the standard travel agencies and will continue to work to create a synergy so that SM can become a global entertainment and lifestyle agency.”

Source & Image: OSEN via Naver