Saturday, May 5, 2012

"Girls’ Generation member Jessica’s love for the left side of her face has a scientific basis" plus 19 more

Posted: 05 May 2012 09:01 AM PDT

There may be a scientific explanation on why Girls’ Generation member Jessica is enamored with the left side of her face.

The results of an experiment on whether a person’s face looks better from the left or right side was revealed on the May 4th live broadcast of SBS‘s ‘100 Million Quiz Show‘.

For the second round, a 10 million won question (approximately $8808.00 USD) pertaining to the human face was asked. The question was, ‘Which side of a person’s face looks better?‘. According to brain research conducted by a major university in the U.S., the answer turned out to be none other than the left side.

Girls’ Generation‘s Jessica is well-known for her love of the left side of her face. She tends to take photos where her left side is more prominent and her fans are already well aware of her habit as they have even nicknamed it ‘Jessica’s love of the left side of her face’. Whether it’s on stage or a photoshoot, even cameras for KBS‘s ‘Wild Romance‘ have captured more scenes of her left side.

What are your thoughts? Do you prefer your left side or right side of your face?

Source & Image: Newsen via Nate

Lyn claims Victory, Ali transforms into 80′s high school student on ‘Immortal Song 2′

Posted: 05 May 2012 08:20 AM PDT

Singer Ali transformed into an innocent high school student.

On May 5th’s ‘Legendary Campus Band’ episode of KBS2Immortal Song 2‘, Ali put on a lavish performance of “After The Show“, a song that won the silver award at MBC‘s 4th annual ‘College Music Festival‘ in 1980.

With her side bangs and school uniform from the 80′s, Ali captured the attention of the audience members and stole their hearts using a Gyeongsang-do dialect to introduce her performance.

Ali began her performance with an exciting melody, and she and her back dancers put on an up beat, entertaining show that reminded the viewers of a rollerskating rink of the 80′s.

Hong Seo Bum who watched her performance remarked, “Your performance perfectly paired with the title, and I feel like I was watching a musical from back then.

Ultimately, the beautiful Lyn won on this day and she shed tears while receiving the trophy. Check out all the performances from this weeks episode below!

Lyn (Winner)

Ali

Ailee

Lim Tae Kyung

No Brain

Hong Kyung Min

Sung Hoon

Source & Image: TVDaily via Nate

Kang Min Kyung disapproves of the hot weather

Posted: 05 May 2012 07:34 AM PDT

Davichi‘s Kang Min Kyung expressed her frustration over the hot weather.

She tweeted in the afternoon on May 5th, “It’s hot, bboot!” The selca she posted made it evident that the star was not very happy with the heat as she pouted for the camera.

Fans seemed delighted by Kang Min Kyung’s post, however, as they thought her messy hair and annoyed expression were adorable. They responded, “You’re cute even when annoyed,” “Today is kind of hot,” “No matter what kind of expression you have on, you’re still loveable,” and “You look so pure and innocent with your hair all messed up.”

Source + Photo: Kang Min Kyung’s Twitter

HaHa: “I am a singer and an entertainer”

Posted: 05 May 2012 07:00 AM PDT

Entertainer HaHa has once again stressed that he is both an entertainer and a singer.

The April 4th broadcast of SBS‘s ‘Go Show‘ featured guests HaHa, Kim Jun Hyun, Kim Jun Ho, and Boom under the theme ‘Gentlemen’s Class’.

HaHa began by explaining how he became an entertainer. “About 12 years ago, I debuted under a group called Zikiri and in order to promote the group, I began to appear on variety shows. Before I knew it, I became a star in the entertainment industry. A lot of people tend to get confused about whether I’m a singer or an entertainer, however, I am both.

I dream of becoming a performing artist,” he said, revealing his ultimate goal as a musician. HaHa then expressed his passion of pursuing both stating, “I was able to begin singing again because of my appearance on variety shows.”

Source & Image: Star MT

Photos of IU waving goodbye to her fans after ‘Inkigayo’

Posted: 05 May 2012 06:28 AM PDT

Several photos of IU waving goodbye to her fans have proved once again why she’s so loved.

The series of photos were uploaded onto an online community board on May 4th under the title, ‘Lovely IU getting off work‘. While sitting in the passenger’s side of a van, IU rolled her window down to wave goodbye to waiting fans.

The photos were apparently taken by a fan after the April 22nd broadcast of SBS‘s ‘Inkigayo‘. Fans were especially touched by her fan service as she continued to wave at them and look back out the window, despite the car gradually moving farther and farther away.

IU is well-known for her friendly nature and amazing fan service. In order to communicate and become closer with her fans, she makes frequent visits to her official Daum Fan Cafe to leave messages as well as replies to her fans’ individual posts. IU had previously revealed that she treasures each of her fans after having experienced much heartache during the time of her debut.

Netizens were impressed by her appreciation commenting, “She’s so nice,” “I have become a new IU fan,” “Jieun noona, I love you,” “I found myself waving to IU through my computer screen,” “Her love for her fans is amazing,” and “Other celebrities need to learn from her.

IU released her new songPeach” from her new single album ‘Twenty Year Old Spring‘ on May 4th. Immediately upon release, the song achieved the #1 spot on various Korean music sites, proving her enormous popularity.

Source & Image: Sports Chosun via Nate

Comedian Lee Yoon Suk to replace Kim Gura on tvN’s ‘Martian Virus’?

Posted: 05 May 2012 05:57 AM PDT

Recently, there have been rumors floating around that comedian Lee Yoon Suk will be Kim Gura‘s successor on tvN‘s ‘Martian Virus‘.

Kim Gura suspended all of his activities last month after netizens uncovered a past video in which Kim Gura made insensitive remarks concerning Korean “comfort women”.

On May 4th, a representative of ‘Martian Virus’ had a phone interview with TV Daily. He revealed, “It is true that Lee Joon Suk is being considered to replace Kim Gura, but he is just one out of the many candidates we have. We haven’t confirmed anything yet.”

Up until now, the show has been hosted by Lee Kyung Gyu, Kim Gura, and Kim Sung Joo.

Source + Photos: TV Daily via Nate

Narsha’s hilarious return as guest on ‘Invincible Youth 2′ + Girls’ Generation Taeyeon’s appearance

Posted: 05 May 2012 05:30 AM PDT

Brown Eyed GirlsNarsha proved that her comedy skills have not died as she arrived on the set of ‘Invincible Youth 2‘ in a classy outfit that was not suitable for the weather or location.

The singer was a guest on the May 5th special episode of ‘Invincible Youth 2′ called ‘Children’s Sports Day‘ along with Girls’ Generation‘s Taeyeon.

The curiosity of the G6 members and two hosts were piqued as the first unknown guest stepped out of the black van wearing a one-piece dress and a classy purple hat while holding a hot pink umbrella. Hoping for the mysterious girl to be an idol member, some of cast members were embarrassed upon seeing the ‘adult-dol’ walk out.

Although Narsha explained the reason for the outfit, MC Kim Shin Young cringed as she remarked, “I just got 250,000 goosebumps on me. How embarrassing,” and began to outcast the original G7 member of season 1.

On the other hand, the cast members shouted with joy after meeting their second guest, Taeyeon.

Source: TV Daily via Nate

Super Junior’s Siwon dazzles fans with handsome photo + hints at comeback

Posted: 05 May 2012 04:55 AM PDT

Super Junior‘s visual representative Choi Siwon posted a selca that has fans “spazzing”.

On May 4th, the idol tweeted, “Off to record the 6th album, after finishing a schedule that surprised everyone and got them asking how do I do it ^^.  I think I finished my schedule in Korea with full force this time around ^^.”

Wearing just a plain black shirt, Siwon still managed to pull off the celebrity look, thanks to his well-defined face and flawless skin. His perfect hairdo and muscular build didn’t go unnoticed either.

Fans and followers commented, “A 6th album?? OMG I can’t wait,” “You look gorgeous,” and “Very nice pic *_*.

Are you anticipating Super Junior’s 6th album?

Source + Photos: Super Junior Siwon’s Twitter

JYJ and actress Gong Hyo Jin for Nintendo’s ‘Mario Kart 7′

Posted: 05 May 2012 04:20 AM PDT

Actress Gong Hyo Jin previously updated her me2day with a photo with the members of JYJ on the set of an advertisement.

It’s now been revealed that Gong Hyo Jin and JYJ are the endorsement models for Nintendo‘s ‘Mario Kart 7‘. Photos of the actress and idols on set for the upcoming commercial have appeared on various online communities. During their off time, the JYJ members were captured teaching Gong Hyo Jin how to play the game.

Netizens commented, “JYJ and Gong Hyo Jin, all the popular stars have gathered,” “JYJ and Gong Hyo Jin, something about that combination is cute,” and “I’m curious about what kind of game it is.”

Before the release of the official advertisement, photos and making-of footage will be posted on Nintendo’s official Korean homepage.

20120505_jyj_gonghyojin_mariokart_ 20120505_jyj_gonghyojin_mariokart1 20120505_jyj_gonghyojin_mariokart2

Source + Images: TV Report
Tip: S. Lee

Boom opens up about his family for the first time on ‘GO Show’

Posted: 05 May 2012 03:45 AM PDT

Boom recently opened up about his family for the first time on television.

On the May 4th episode of SBS‘ ‘GO Show‘, Boom shared, “I’ve never talked about my home life in public before.”

He went on to reveal, “I’ve never spoken of my parents either. Right after my father graduated, he was admitted into a company, and has been working there for the past 30 years. Meanwhile, my mom has been a housewife.”

Boom trailed off towards the end of his sentence, “I was raised in a normal middle class household, but was also pretty wealthy in that…”

After hearing this, all of the MCs were impressed at the dedication of Boom’s father.

Other guests featured on this episode were comedians HaHaKim Jun Ho, and Kim Jun Hyun.

Source + Image: Newsen via Nate

After School’s Jooyeon looks beautiful on the streets of Japan

Posted: 05 May 2012 03:10 AM PDT

After School‘s Jooyeon updated fans with photos from Japan.

Jooyeon tweeted on the 4th, “Up till today, I had a lot of fun^^ My 8th week on the streets of Japan. I will work hard starting tomorrow,” along with the two photos above.

In the photo, Jooyeon is seen holding a shopping bag and seems to be enjoying her time away from home. Her chic fashion sense along with her pretty face against the backdrop of her night on the street gave the pictures a photo shoot quality.

Fans replied, “Your beauty outshines the streets of Japan,” and “You are definitely the visual of After School.”

In other news, After School successfully finished their first live concerts in Tokyo, Nagoya, and Osaka.

Source + images: TVdaily via Nate, Jooyeon’s Twitter

Brave Brothers shows his merciless side on ‘Big Star Show’

Posted: 05 May 2012 02:35 AM PDT

Brave Brothers brewed up an abusive storm on ‘Big Star Show‘ with his rated R anger. He’s been creating a stir for being a spiteful producer.

On the preview aired on May 4th on SBS E!, the ‘Big Star Show’ showed footage of Brave Brothers (real name Kang Dong Cheol) throwing harsh words at the Brave Entertainment trainees.

Known as one of the most malicious of producers, a hit song maker, and the producer with the Midas touch, Brave Brothers is preparing to debut his new boy group Big Star. Viewers are looking forward to see what he has to say to his trainees as well as to get a glimpse of his Spartan style of training.

On another note, ‘Brave Brothers’ Big Star Show’ is a real documentary-style program about the idol trainees that Brave Brothers personally selected. The program will also show what it’s like behind the scenes at Brave Entertainment.

The first episode of ’Brave Brothers’ Big Star Show’ will air on May 11th through SBS E! and SBS Plus.

The specifics can be found on the official home page and Big Star’s fan cafe.

Check out the official trailers below:

Wooyoung reveals his birthday present from Chansung

Posted: 05 May 2012 02:00 AM PDT

Wooyoung, who celebrated his 23rd birthday earlier this week on April 30th, revealed the birthday present he received from 2PM‘s youngest member Chansung.

On May 5th, Wooyoung tweeted, “I received my birthday present from Chansung today. I was seriously so scared of it at first, but it is so lovable now. Thanks Chansung!

The picture attached to Wooyoung’s tweet revealed that Chansung gave Wooyoung a gigantic white tiger doll for his birthday. He also added a photo of himself growling next to his new tiger companion.

One follower commented, “What would you use that for?” to which Wooyoung replied, “Hmm… sometimes as a watchdog for my room, a chair, a table, etc…oh right, a doll!

Source & Image:  Wooyoung’s Twitter

KARA member Hara’s natural look gets mixed responses

Posted: 05 May 2012 01:28 AM PDT

KARA member Hara updated fans with a “bare-faced” selca on May 4th.

Hara tweeted, “Here it is! I’m feeling good. The weather today is amazing.” HaHa, a follower of Hara’s Twitter, jokingly responded to her more natural look, “Are you feeling okay? Not sick or anything?”

Fans had mixed feelings commenting, “Where is your eyeliner,” “I’m Hara’s fan… but I wish she would wear makeup,” “Your beauty shines even without eyeliner,” and “Cute Hara! When will you resume your activities in Korea?”

Do you think Hara needs her eyeliner or is she just fine without it?

Source + Image: Hara’s Twitter + HaHa’s Twitter

B2ST’s Hyunseung to make his acting debut in ‘Mozart!’ musical

Posted: 05 May 2012 12:55 AM PDT

It has come to light that B2ST‘s Hyunseung will be making his acting debut in an upcoming musical this summer!

Cube Entertainment confirmed earlier today that B2ST’s lead vocalist has been finalized for the role of Mozart in the upcoming musical of the same title, ‘Mozart!

While already having earned numerous music awards with B2ST, and gaining much attention with Trouble Maker, Hyunseung still had expressed his hopes to try his hand at acting. Through ‘Mozart!’, it seems his wish will be fulfilled.

“I’m very happy that my first musical debut will be through the best project. To convey the role of ‘Mozart’ well, I’m currently working hard to get into character,” Hyunseung stated. “[JYJ's] Junsu hyung already showed such a perfect performance, and Eun Tae hyung, whom I’ll be working with, is so talented, that I’m a bit burdened by my first musical challenge. However, as this is an acting opportunity, which I have been yearning for, I will do by best. Please keep an eye on me, and cheer me on.”

‘Mozart!’ is a musical that has gained fame globally as well as domestically. It was first opened in Korea in 2010 (starring JYJ’s Junsu), and achieved a good amount of success. ‘Mozart!’ will continue in 2012 starting from July 10th through the 28th.

Performances from May 5th’s ‘A New Life for the Children’ concert!

Posted: 05 May 2012 12:23 AM PDT

Every year, various idol stars perform at ‘A New Life for the Children‘ concert, a special concert which benefits children and broadcasted annually on MBC. This year's broadcast was on May 5th (Children's Day), with a variety of performers in attendance.

Today's show was guided by none other than Girls’ Generation's Tiffany, Taeyeon, and Seohyun, who displayed their fun and dorky aegyo alongside the boys of Shinhwa, who also helped to MC today’s special for the portion at the Yeouido Gonge Hall while the girls hosted from the Ilsan Dream Center.

Aside from the usual performances on tonight's episode, Taetiseo, Girls’ Generation’s first sub-unit, made their debut with “Twinkle” and “Love Sick“.

The handsome men of Shinhwa also held their goodbye stage with “Venus“.

Check out the adorable MC cuts below!

===

===

Performances from today's show includes Shinhwa, 4minute, SISTAR, U-KISS, EXO-K, B.A.P, Ivy, Noel, Baek Chung Kang, Supernova, Electroboyz, Andamiro, Norazo, Mi, December, and Rhythm Power!

Check them out below, and be sure to check out the debut/comeback stages for today by clicking the artist/song name above!

===

< EXO-K >

< Noel >

< Supernova >

< Ivy >

< 4minute >

===

Taetiseo shines with “Twinkle” and “Love Sick” on ‘Music Core’!

Posted: 05 May 2012 12:13 AM PDT

The anticipation and interest in Girls' Generation's first-ever sub-unit Taetiseo has been explosive to say the least, so it's no surprise that fans will be pouring over the trio's long-awaited live performances, beginning with their debut on today's episode of 'Music Core'!

Tiffany, Seohyun, and Taeyeon took the stage today to perform their catchy title track "Twinkle", along with yet another song from their mini-album titled “Love Sick“.

Check out their debut stage below, featuring their adorable choreography and fine-tuned vocals, and be sure to view the rest of today's performances here.

SISTAR’s Dasom and Bora snap a photo on their way to ‘Music Bank’

Posted: 04 May 2012 11:50 PM PDT

SISTAR‘s Dasom took to SISTAR’s official Twitter page to upload the following photo with fellow member Bora.

On May 4th, the idol tweeted, “The weather looks good, and I’m in a good mood too! Dasom is excited!!! Keke. You guys have to watch today’s ‘Music Bank’~ <3.”

The posted photo was taken while the girls were headed to yesterday’s ‘Music Bank’. Though in casual outfits, Bora and Dasom’s star appeal was still evident.

SISTAR’s newest single, “Alone“, gave the girls one of the highlights of their career, as they won 1st place on Mnet‘s ‘MCountdown‘, KBS‘s ‘Music Bank‘, and SBS‘s ‘Inkigayo‘ on April 26th, 27th, and 29th, respectively. This week was no different. Despite the hot competition, SISTAR was still able to win first place on Music Bank.

Check out their performance from ‘ Music Bank’ below!

Source + Photos: SISTAR’s Twitter

Baek Ji Young would choose to work with Jang Jae Ho from ‘Voice Korea’

Posted: 04 May 2012 11:21 PM PDT

Singer Baek Ji Young disclosed which MnetThe Voice of Korea‘ contestant she would like to have featured in her album.

On April 4th at 4pm, the judges of ‘Voice Korea’, Shin Seung Hun, Baek Ji Young, Gil, and Kangta, got together for an interview. When asked which contestant she would like featured in her album, Baek Ji Young replied, “I would want to collaborate with Jang Jae Ho. Jang Jae Ho has told me before that he would like to sing Na Yoon Kwon‘s song with me.”

She went on, “Jae Ho is like clear water you put in a cup. In my case, I’m a singer with my own specific color so I think it’d be good to work with a person who’s very clear, pure, and innocent.”

In related news, the May 4th broadcast of ‘Voice Korea’ went into rounds for semifinals with the top 8 female contestants. Two contestants were paired off in a team with each coach. The winners of the semifinals were chosen after calculating previous votes (5%), live broadcast text message votes (45%), and scores from the coaches (50%).

Contestants Woo Hye MiYoo Sung EunJee Sae Hee, and Son Seung Yeon advanced to the Top 4. The finale of ‘Voice Korea’ will be broadcast on the 11th at 11 PM KST.

Watch a performance by Jang Jae Ho below if you aren’t familiar with his singing:

Source + Photo: Osen

Minwoo wants to open a Shinhwa museum in 10 years

Posted: 04 May 2012 10:51 PM PDT

Idol group Shinhwa‘s Minwoo confessed that he would like to open a Shinhwa Museum.

On the upcoming broadcast of Mnet‘s ‘Yoon Do Hyun's Must‘, Yoon Do Hyun asked Shinhwa “Where do you see yourself in ten years?” to which Minwoo replied, “It is my dream to open a Shinhwa museum.”

Minwoo further explained his dream and said, “The museum will display everything related to Shinhwa and my hope is that our fans will be able to reminisce the days when we promoted. There will also be a stage inside the museum where Shinhwa will hold concerts even ten years from now.”

In addition, Minwoo humorously told Yoon Do Hyun, “We will save space next to the Shinhwa museum so you can build a YB museum“, to which Hyesung added “I’m going to build a cafe next to the museum“, prompting Junjin to jokingly continue “I’m going to build a sauna next to the museum“, drawing laughter from the audience.

Fans commented, “Minwoo, a Shinhwa museum would be cool“, “Minwoo, the Shinhwa museum idea is daebak“, “Minwoo you’re incredible! Shinhwa museum? How do you even think of that?“, and “Minwoo daebak! Please make a Shinhwa museum! I really want to go“.

Source & Image: TVReport via Nate