Wednesday, June 6, 2012

"Core Contents Media reveals how T-ara’s Dani was discovered" plus 19 more

"Core Contents Media reveals how T-ara’s Dani was discovered" plus 19 more

Core Contents Media reveals how T-ara’s Dani was discovered

Posted: 06 Jun 2012 08:49 AM PDT

Ever since the news broke that popular girl group T-ara would be adding an eighth member, Dani, to their ranks, it has been a hot topic of discussion among both fans and the general public.

Core Contents Media, T-ara’s parent company, recently revealed how the young American became the newest member of the group. “Dani was cast on the street by Kim Kwang Soo,” said a representative for CCM. “It was his first streetside casting in his 30-year-long career in entertainment.”

Dani, who has lived in the United States since she was four years old, had been visiting Korea to meet her parents. After seeing her standing at a crosswalk, Kim Kwang Soo turned his car around when thoughts of her wouldn’t leave his head, CCM revealed.

Although having no prior experience in singing or acting  nor any desire to become a singer, CCM was confident that they had discovered an unpolished jewel. Street castings, although popular ten years ago, have fallen out of favor – with auditions being the preferred method of selecting new trainees.

Meanwhile, Dani, saying “I don’t want to be a burden to the T-ara unnies”, has pushed back her debut from July to December. She will have an acting role in the new music video for T-ara, slated to be released sometime in July.

Source: Newsen via Nate

Juniel releases debut album ‘My First June’ + “Illa Illa” MV

Posted: 06 Jun 2012 08:15 AM PDT

FNC Entertainment's first female solo singer Juniel has released her debut mini-album 'My First June' as well as the MV for her title track, "Illa Illa"!

The singer previously released the music video for "Stupid" with CNBLUE's Yonghwa who also co-composed and produced the track himself.

Juniel has co-composed 3 out of the 5 tracks on 'My First June', and she has previously garnered attention as a singer-songwriter ever since she won first place on the Japanese version of 'American Idol', 'Niji Iro Supernova', in 2010.

The singer has already released a mini-album called 'Ready Go' and single album 'Forever' in Japan.

Check out the MV for "Illa Illa" below!

[ Thanks to everyone who sent this in ]

2PM’s “Beautiful” debuts at #2 on Oricon Chart + photo with Ayumi Hamasaki

Posted: 06 Jun 2012 07:59 AM PDT

The boys of 2PM released their 4th Japanese single “Beautiful” on June 6th.

After first day sales, 2PM placed second on the Oricon Daily Singles Chart by selling 73,529 copies. First place went to Arashi who released their latest single “Your Eyes“.

Congratulations to 2PM, this is a very strong showing and their popularity in Japan is growing.

Additionally, the boys took a photo with famous J-pop star Ayumi Hamasaki.

Source(s) : Oricon & Ayumi’s Twitter

[Thanks to everyone who sent this in.]

Girls’ Generation’s Sooyoung and Yoon Do Hyun wrap up first broadcast as hosts of ‘One Night of TV Entertainment’

Posted: 06 Jun 2012 07:28 AM PDT

Girls’ Generation‘s Sooyoung and YB‘s Yoon Do Hyun wrapped up their first episode as the new hosts of SBS‘ ‘One Night of TV Entertainment‘.

The two have already commented on their thoughts about hosting before the program aired, and on the June 6th broadcast, they made their introductory messages to viewers.

Sooyoung stated, “I didn’t need to be asked twice to host the show. I’ll do my best to report accurate news,” while Yoon Do Hyun commented, “It was hard for me to decide. I couldn’t help but be careful because it involves listening to people’s stories. [I'll approach it with the thought that] when there’s good news, I’ll be there to be happy with you, and when there’s bad news, I’ll be sad with you.”

Both MCs are reported to have completed the broadcast smoothly.

Source + Photo: Sports Chosun via Nate

2NE1′s Dara doesn’t like the color pink?

Posted: 06 Jun 2012 06:55 AM PDT

2NE1‘s Dara made a joke about her love of the color pink.

She posted on me2day on June 5, “I don’t think I like the color pink very much. Pink hair, pink Nintendo 3DS, pink earphones,” along with the photo above.

Apparently, the 2NE1 member likes to wear a lot of pink from time to time.

Fans commented, “You look pretty playing games,” “I think pink suits you well,” and “Goddess Dara looks good with any color.”

Source + Photo: Dara’s me2day

Lee Seung Gi wants to do a fresher kind of variety show

Posted: 06 Jun 2012 06:20 AM PDT

Singer and actor Lee Seung Gi appeared on the June 6th broadcast of SBS‘ ‘One Night of TV Entertainment‘.

He commented on his goals as a host, “There are a lot of programs I’d like to try out. Because I like doing variety shows so much, I would like to do variety that’s more fresh,” adding, “I think it’s good to stick with [a more humanistic approach] to variety for now.”

Lee Seung Gi received a lot of love for his variety show skills on KBS 2TV‘s ‘1 Night 2 Days‘ and SBS‘ ‘Strong Heart‘ until early this year.

He’ll be making a comeback as a host on the SBS program ‘Table for 100‘, which starts airing this September.

Source + Photo: Osen

Singer Younha attends Memorial Day event as citizen representative

Posted: 06 Jun 2012 05:46 AM PDT

Singer Younha attended South Korea’s 57th Memorial Day event, held at the National Cemetery in Seoul on June 6 KST, as an official citizen representative.

Younha, whose grandfather was one of the many honored, commented, “I participated in the Memorial Day event for the remembrance of the martyrs and fallen heroes [who have died for our country]. I want to dedicate this event with a thankful heart to those who have sacrificed and devoted themselves for our country.”

She added, “I’m grateful to have had the opportunity to be reminded once again of what Memorial Day stands for.”

In related news, Younha is currently preparing for her comeback with her fourth album.

Source + Photo: Osen

Jang Geun Suk posts a photo of himself drunk?

Posted: 06 Jun 2012 05:11 AM PDT

Actor Jang Geun Suk revealed a photo of himself apparently drunk, referring to himself as ‘Ggwalla-sama’ a.k.a ‘Mr. Drunk’.

On June 6, Jang Geun Suk posted the above picture on Twitter with the message, “Ggwallasama in Busan.”

In the revealed picture, Jang Geun Suk is hanging out with some acquaintances and enjoying a great time. In particular, his slightly stuck-out tongue, seductive expression, and red face revealed that the actor had probably been drinking during his night out.

Fans commented, “Just laugh,” “I think you were pretty drunk,” “You are a very interesting person. Bold,” and “I won’t say anything, I’ll just laugh.”

Source + Photo: Jang Geun Suk’s Twitter

Jewelry’s Yewon shares her technique for a thinner face

Posted: 06 Jun 2012 04:31 AM PDT

Jewelry‘s Yewon shared her adorable way of making her face look thinner.

Yewon tweeted on June 6, “Oh yeah!!! I’ve arrived first. When you take a picture, use the technique of sucking in your cheeks! One two three, snap.”

Fans commented, “Your aegyo-filled personality shines through,” “‘Technique to suck your cheeks in’, that’s funny,” and “You look younger and younger every day.”

In related news, Yewon is currently starring on MBC‘s ‘Standby‘ as ‘Kim Yewon’.

Source + Photo: Yewon’s Twitter

Big Bang holds release event for ‘Still Alive – Special Edition’

Posted: 06 Jun 2012 03:55 AM PDT

Big Bang has announced on their official Facebook that they’ll be holding a release event in celebration of their ‘Still Alive – Special Edition‘ album.

A post was made with the message: “[Special Edition 'Still Alive' Release Event] Participate NOW and Win a BIGBANG Prize!” The prizes available are a signed CD and Big Bang’s ’1st Photograph Collection’, Extraordinary 20′s.

The event will last from June 6 to June 22, and the winner will be announced on June 25.

To enter the contest, fans will have to: 1) Listen to Big Bang’s new album 2) Subscribe to Big Bang’s official YouTube channel 3) Watch the “Monstermusic video on YouTube 4) Leave a comment on the “Monster” music video.

Check out details for the release event here.

Source + Photo: YG Entertainment

KARA’s Hara thanks her fan club Miracle on its 3rd year anniversary

Posted: 06 Jun 2012 03:20 AM PDT

KARA member Hara showed appreciation for her fans in a recent tweet.

Hara posted on June 6, “‘Miracle’ 3rd year anniversary! It was yesterday, and all I had to do was make a post, but I fell asleep with [my phone] in my hand. Please forgive me, sniffle.”

She continued, “‘Miracle’ family members, it’s already been 3 years. Kya, though the path I’m on isn’t always smooth, thank you for trusting and following me! Thank you! Kamilia does not lose their nerve. I’ll work even harder in my life for [my] ‘miracle’ family members! I love you.”

“Miracle” refers to Hara’s official fan page, while “Kamilia” refers to KARA’s fan club.

Fans responded, “I can tell by your words that you really love your fans,” and “I’ll look forward to what you’ll do in the future.”

Source + Photo: Hara’s Twitter

JYJ’s Yoochun voted as the upperclassman most wanted by female college students

Posted: 06 Jun 2012 02:45 AM PDT

Community portal site DC Inside held a poll from May 29 to June 5 asking: “Who’s the male celebrity with the college sunbae image that female students dream of?”

JYJ‘s Yoochun claimed first as the male celebrity female college students want most as an upperclassman. He received 17,479 out of 51,002 votes (34.3%). Yoochun also previously won first as the male celebrity who most looks like he came out of a manhwa comic book on the portal site as well.

Actor and singer Lee Seung Gi got second place with 9,719 (19.1%) votes. He’s known to appeal to both younger as well as older women. Lee Seung Gi acted as class president during high school, and he’s also reported to have attended university as well as graduate school regularly despite his busy schedule.

In third is actor Lee Min Ho with 5,670 (11.1%) votes. The actor has captured the hearts of many fans with his roles on hit dramas like, ‘Boys Over Flowers‘, ‘Personal Taste‘, and ‘City Hunter‘.

Kim Hyun Joong and TVXQ‘s U-Know Yunho also made the list.

Source + Photo: Osen via Nate

2AM’s Changmin is patiently waiting for his diet to end

Posted: 06 Jun 2012 02:10 AM PDT

2AM‘s Changmin shared a shot of his “diet face”.

Changmin tweeted on June 6, “Sweet and sour pork, jjajjang, chicken, pizza, lamb skewers, indian curry, marinated chicken, steamed pork hock, mak noodles, hamburger, ramen, sushi, donburi, ack! Let’s be patient for one week, just one more week..! Please wait for me my love,” along with the photo above.

The 2AM member’s face definitely looks a bit more gaunt than usual. Apparently, his strict diet has had a major effect on him.

Fans commented, “Can you eat all that after a week,” “It seems like you’ve lost a lot of weight,” and “Something looks sharper and cooler about you.”

Source + Photo: Changmin’s Twitter

BoA confesses to getting away with a secret relationship

Posted: 06 Jun 2012 01:35 AM PDT

On the June 5th episode of KBS‘ ‘Win Win‘, BoA confessed that she was in a secret relationship in the past.

Surprised by the confession, the MCs asked her how she was able to keep it a secret without stirring up any rumors. She replied, “During my promotions, [there were times] I wasn’t allowed to go out, and I also had my cellphone confiscated. We just exchanged text messages. Since we never met outside, there was no chance for rumors to arise.”

When asked by MC Kikwang if her ex-boyfriend was a celebrity, she honestly replied, “Yes, he was. But I don’t know whether he was a boyfriend or simply a friend who I exchanged texts with.”

BoA continued that she had her first real relationship two years after her secret relationship.

Source + Photos: E-Today via Nate

Simon D enjoys dinner with ‘Standby’ castmates ZE:A’s Siwan and Go Kyung Pyo

Posted: 06 Jun 2012 01:00 AM PDT

Simon D recently shared photos of him on a night out with ‘Standby‘ castmates, ZE:A‘s Siwan and Go Kyung Pyo.

On the 5th, Simon D posted to his Twitter, “Each agency did rock-paper-scissors, and the winner would have to pay for the most expensive table. I won. Me 107,000 won (~$91), Siwan 88,000 won (~$74), and Kyung Pyo 86,000 won (~$73). Anyway, it was a happy dinner.”

The photos show the three castmates at a sushi restaurant enjoying their meals. What grabbed the attention of netizens were the large piles of dishes stacked in front of the ‘Standby’ actors.

Fans commented, “I guess you guys ate a lot,” and “The three of you are all so cute.”

Source + Image: Simon D‘s Twitter

JYJ’s Yoochun enjoys the weather in Bali

Posted: 06 Jun 2012 12:30 AM PDT

JYJ‘s Yoochun updated fans with hot selcas from his photo shoot in Bali.

On the 4th, Yoochun shared on his Twitter, “It’s summer^^ A lot of Tiger Balm,” along with several photos.

His sunglasses as well as simple t-shirt and shorts reveal a more laid back side to the star. He seems to be enjoying the weather and free time in Bali, which caused a bit of jealousy among fans.

Fans commented, “Yoochun seems to be enjoying himself,” “Have a good rest in Bali and return to Korea soon,” and “Korea is hot right now, how much hotter Bali must be.”

Source + Images: Yoochun‘s Twitter

INFINITE’s Sunggyu reveals his hip injury was due to lying down too much

Posted: 06 Jun 2012 12:05 AM PDT

On the June 5th episode of SBS‘ ‘Strong Heart‘, INFINITESunggyu revealed that he’s had a lot of free time because of his recent hip injury.

Sunggyu shared, “To be honest, when my fellow members had very hectic schedules, I had a lot of free time. I went to the hospital to check out why my hips were hurting, and the doctors told me that it was because I was lying down too much.”

“When members Woohyun and Sungjong appeared on ‘Strong Heart’, I was at home watching the program. I was lying down improperly then too,” causing laughter on set with his confession.

Sunggyu also comforted SECRET‘s Sunhwa, who is concerned about her individual activities, by saying, “When there is a member who is getting the spotlight, there is also a member who is lying down at home,” giving his two cents on the topic.

Sunggyu also discussed the truth behind his “old man” image on TV progams.

Source + Image: TVDaily via Nate

miss A’s Suzy shows her drawing skills on the set of ‘Big’

Posted: 05 Jun 2012 11:40 PM PDT

miss A‘s Suzy, who is already known for her singing and acting skills, showcased her drawing ability on the set of KBS drama ‘Big‘. Photos of Suzy making sketches of the characters in the poster for ‘Big’ were recently revealed.

The photos show Suzy focusing intently on the facial features of actor Gong Yoo as she drew her portrait of the actor. Fans were surprised by how well her drawing turned out. Suzy also drew the faces of Lee Min Jung and Shin Won Ho. Although she had little time to spare, each character she drew was definitely recognizable. Her smile and positive energy on set despite her busy filming schedule also impressed fans.

Suzy plays the role of ‘Jang Mari’, the former girlfriend as well as longtime “stalker” of 18-year-old high school student 'Kang Kyung Joon'. After finally discovering that he's a student at a Korean high school, she immediately returns to the country to meet with a 30-year-old doctor named 'Seo Yoon Jae', a man who claims to hold the souls of 'Gil Daran' and 'Kang Kyung Joon'.

Check out the recap of the first episode of ‘Big’ here.

Source + Image: OSEN

Kangta worries he’ll end up unmarried like Shin Seung Hoon

Posted: 05 Jun 2012 11:16 PM PDT

On the June 4th episode of tvN‘s ‘Baek Ji Yeon’s People InsideKangta grabbed the attention of viewers by revealing that he’s worried about marriage.

Kangta confessed, “Because of my busy schedule, I have no time to date. I don’t even have time to properly sleep.” When asked, “Wouldn’t singer Shin Seung Hoon who is also single be of encouragement to you?” Kangta replied, “By observing Shin Seung Hoon, rather than feeling encouraged, I get scared.”

He continued, “Looking at hyung (Shin Seung Hoon), I always think, ‘I can’t become like him.’ I am closer [to the age I should be worried about marriage] now. We drank together, and I told him that I didn’t want to become like him. He replied that I should say [something like that] after I try setting him up with someone.”

“Shin Seung Hoon, Kim Min Jong, and I all have the same concern. We usually hang together like three brothers. I think Kim Ming Jong is secretly dating behind our backs lately, but I have no confirmation of this yet. Shin Seung Hoon hyung is someone who really doesn’t have a life outside of his work. Even his home is right above his office.”

In related news, Kangta recently appeared as a coach for the popular audition program, ‘Voice Korea‘.

Source + Image: Newsen via Nate

Kwon Sang Woo attends the wake of a longtime fan who passed away

Posted: 05 Jun 2012 10:49 PM PDT

Upon hearing unfortunate news of his fan passing away, actor Kwon Sang Woo recently made a condolence call immediately upon arriving from his attendance at the 65th Cannes Film Festival.

In April, Kwon Sang Woo had paid a visit to the hospital after finding out that a longtime fan of his was battling stomach cancer. His representatives at the time had stated, “While staying in China for his drama, he received a letter from a female fan saying that she was in the hospital due to an unfortunate condition. She wanted to meet him so badly that Kwon Sang Woo returned to Korea to visit her.” The fan’s friends had actually sent the letter on her behalf, and Kwon Sang Woo came back to Korea to meet his fan in the hospital.

Hearing that the same fan had passed away, the actor attended the wake of the fan recently.

On June 6th, representatives revealed, “We did not know that Kwon Sang Woo had attended her wake alone. We think that he had rushed to her after hearing the unfortunate news upon arriving from the Cannes Film Festival. He was very upset since she was a longtime fan of his whom he had even visited back in April.”

Kwon Sang Woo offered his condolences to the fan’s family during his stay.

Source + Photos: Newsen via Nate