Wednesday, June 20, 2012

"Donica Streling fulfills her wish to meet SHINee & Super Junior in Korea" plus 19 more

Donica Streling fulfills her wish to meet SHINee & Super Junior in Korea

Posted: 20 Jun 2012 09:20 AM PDT

The amazing 15 year old Donica Streling who found hope after listening to K-Pop has finally fulfilled her wish to meet her favorite K-Pop stars, SHINee and Super Junior.

Donica who recently traveled to Korea had an opportunity to receive gifts from the idol stars, and the young teen also confessed her love for them by speaking in Korean, something she has been practicing for the past year.

The SHINee members happily sang for Donica, and member Taemin remarked, “The fact that we now know we can be of some help to other people find their strength is quite meaningful.

Donica also expressed her excitement after meeting the stars, and remarked that she was glad to have created such valuable memories.

Check out the clips below:

20120620_donica_6 20120620_donica_4 20120620_donica_3 20120620_donica_1

Images : Kyunghang Newspaper via Nate, SportsChosun via Nate, Starin via Nate, Newsis via Nate, Yonhap via Nate
Tip : Sarah DK

Girls’ Generation’s Sooyoung shares her thoughts on Ji Hyun Woo’s public love confession

Posted: 20 Jun 2012 09:03 AM PDT

Girls’ Generation‘s Sooyoung expressed her consent for public love confessions.

On the June 20th broadcast of SBSOne Night Of TV Entertainment‘, Sooyoung spoke out about actor Ji Hyun Woo‘s public love confession for actress Yoo In Na.

I’m so jealous,” she remarked. “All that’s left is for her to receive lots of love.”

Fellow MC Yoon Do Hyun then asked what sorts of actions she would take if she herself received a public confession. He gave her a few different options which included ‘call the agency’, ‘call your parents’, and more.

I would just accept,” Sooyoung answered, displaying her genuine envy. A panel member then jokingly confessed his feelings for her, however Sooyoung then evoked laughter by saying, “But it also does depend on who it is.

Source & Image: TVDaily via Nate

Busker Busker releases the MV for “If You Really Love Me”

Posted: 20 Jun 2012 08:27 AM PDT

Busker Busker has released the MV for “If You Really Love Me“.

“If You Really Love Me” written by Jang Bum Joon and Bae Young Jun is the title track to Busker Busker’s first album, and it is a medium-tempo track that sings of two lovers who misunderstand one another’s genuine feelings for each other. Member Jang Bum Joon admitted that he found the inspiration for the song from a previous relationship, where he had decided he should more often express his feelings to his girlfriend. She, however, did not feel he was being genuine and the two inevitably went their separate ways.

The song that begins with Jang Bum Joon’s unique vocals whisper, “I guess I can’t love you with my words,” something many listeners will be able to relate to.

Check out the MV below!

Source & Image: Melon

JYJ’s Yoochun completes a picturesque photo shoot in Bali for ‘Elle’ Magazine

Posted: 20 Jun 2012 08:04 AM PDT

Pictorials from JYJ member Park Yoochun‘s Bali photo shoot have been revealed.

Yoochun who successfully wrapped up SBS drama series ‘Rooftop Prince‘ posed for the July publication of ‘Elle Korea‘ magazine.

The singer/actor was asked how he felt about building his acting career, starting with KBS2‘s ‘Sung Kyun Kwan Scandal‘, and moving on to MBC‘s ‘Miss Ripley‘ and most recently to ‘Rooftop Prince‘.

He responded that he went into ‘Rooftop Prince’ without any expectations, and decided that he would just enjoy the shoot. In turn, he said, that allowed for a better outcome in the end.

Whenever he had some free time during the photo shoot, Yoochun would place his earphones back in his ears. When asked which album he listened to the most these days, he answered, “These days, I listen a lot to JYJ member Junsu‘s album. I’m so proud to say I am a fellow member.

Yoochun also continued to praise his fellow members, talking about how exceptional it was of Junsu to release a solo album and make his musical debut, while also sending a message of encouragement to Jaejoong who is once again trying his hand at acting.

The photo shoot also happened to fall on his birthday, but the singer very casually remarked that it was no big deal, and that he had never celebrated his birthday in Korea since his debut. That night, the Elle staff members prepared a small and comfortable BBQ party to celebrate, and the staff members reported that Yoochun came across as extremely down to earth and easy-going as he enjoyed his day.

20120620_yoochun_4 20120620_yoochun_3 20120620_yoochun_2 20120620_yoochun_1

Source & Image : StarIn via Nate, Edaily StarIn via Nate, Edaily StarIn via Nate, TVDaily via Nate

Wonder Girls’ Sohee reveals her secret to beautiful skin

Posted: 20 Jun 2012 07:30 AM PDT

Wonder GirlsSohee recently revealed her tips for flawless skin for the July issue of ‘Elle‘.

During her interview with the magazine on the 20th, Sohee revealed how she has previously done her own makeup during Wonder Girls’ American debut. As for keeping her skin beautiful, she explained, “I keep my skin light by only using mist, moisturizing cream, face masks, and sunscreen.

Sohee also revealed she wanted to try a short hairstyle after having to deal with long hair since her debut.

As for her unique sense of style, which she’s been receiving attention for, Sohee stated, “It is a bit embarrassing, but it feels good that people see what I love and enjoy doing as something beautiful.

Source + Image: Money Today via Nate

Brown Eyed Girls’ Narsha reveals the second dress made by her mom

Posted: 20 Jun 2012 07:00 AM PDT

It seems as though Brown Eyed Girls Narsha‘s mother has a knack for making dresses.

On June 19th, the singer-actress shared another photo (left) of a handmade dress she received from her mother. She posted on Twitter, “Madam Park’s second work of art. This time, it’s a red, one-piece dress. I wore it well, mother.”

A few minutes later, she tweeted again, “But the uncomfortable truth is that I don’t have many days left [I'll be able] to wear the outfits my mom makes for me.”

The revealed photo shows Narsha in a cute, crimson one-piece dress and a yellow belt to finish off the look. Narsha, who’s currently starring in MBC‘s ‘Light and Shadow‘ as Lee Hye Bin, has worn the dresses made by her mom for the drama’s filming.

Fans commented, “Wow, your mom is skilled,” “I love the dress,” “You look beautiful,” “I can’t believe the drama is coming to an end soon,” and more.

Source: Narsha’s Twitter

Comedian Kim Young Min reveals his surprising connection to SM Entertainment

Posted: 20 Jun 2012 06:30 AM PDT

On the June 19th episode of KBS 2TV‘s ‘1 vs 100‘, comedian Kim Young Min revealed a surprising connection between him and Girls’ Generation‘s Sunny, who appeared as a guest on the show.

Kim Young Min revealed, “Honestly, before I became a comedian, I worked in the music industry. I was a recording director for Super Junior‘s debut album then, and I frequently saw Girls’ Generation members at the SM Entertainment office.

“I once came across Sunny in the office corridor, and she greeted me with a 90-degree bow. I even [answered informally] whenever she greeted me. But now I cannot do that.” He jokingly added, “In fact, I am the one who greets her with a 90-degree bow these days.”

Source + Image: TVReport via Nate

Younha featured in ‘STUDIO24′ pictorial

Posted: 20 Jun 2012 06:00 AM PDT

Younha has been featured in a fashion spread for ‘Studio24‘.

The singer previously released her duet song with John Park, and she’s also appeared on the June 16th broadcast of KBS 2TV‘s ’Immortal Song 2‘, creating anticipation for her comeback.

Younha was featured on the cover as well as in a 10-page pictorial and interview for the monthly fashion magazine. Her fourth album ‘Supersonic‘ will be released on June 28th KST.

20120619_younha 20120620_younha_studio24_1 20120620_younha_studio24_2 20120620_younha_studio24_3 20120620_younha_studio24_4

Source & Photo: Star Today via Naver

Wonder Girls’ Yubin responds to Tiger JK’s wish to work with her

Posted: 20 Jun 2012 05:33 AM PDT

Wonder Girls‘ rapper Yubin responded to Tiger JK‘s wish to work with her.

In an exclusive interview with the Wonder Girls held in Seoul on the 19th, Yubin commented on Tiger JK’s request, “I was really happy to hear that he specifically chose me.”

“I’ve always wanted to do a collaboration with Tiger JK. If an opportunity presents itself, I would really like to work together,” showing her enthusiasm at the possibility of a collaboration with the hip hop legend.

During the June 18th episode of Mnet‘s ‘vol. TEN‘, Tiger JK selected Wonder Girls' Yubin as the rapper he’d like to work with, explaining, "If I work with Yubin, I believe we could make groundbreaking and sensational work together."

In related news, the Wonder Girls have been taking music charts by storm with the title track “Like This” from their new album, ‘Wonder Party‘.

Source + Image: TVDaily via Nate

Girls’ Generation’s Sunny charms with her aegyo on ’1 vs. 100′

Posted: 20 Jun 2012 05:01 AM PDT

Girls’ Generation member Sunny charmed viewers with her trademark aegyo on the June 19th broadcast of KBS‘ ‘1 vs. 100‘.

Sunny introduced herself on the show saying, “Right now it’s Girls’ Generation, today is Sunny['s] Day!” She added in a voice full of aegyo, ”Please give me the prize money.” The 100 male competitors could not hide their smiles at the sound of her cute request.

The program’s host Han Suk Joon mentioned, “I’ve heard that Sunny acts differently in front of guys.

Sunny giggled and replied with a quick, “Yes,” acknowledging her change in behavior. Later on in the show, she danced to the Girls’ Generation song “Kissing You” to the delight of her uncle fans.

In other news, singer Baek Ji Young also made an appearance on the same episode for an intense showdown against the 100 male participants.

Check out Sunny’s aegyo below!

Source: Sports Seoul via Nate

Billboard Korea interviews Hello Venus

Posted: 20 Jun 2012 04:34 AM PDT

Hello Venus participated in an interview with Billboard Korea.

The members commented on the tough competition among idol groups: “We’ll succeed by showing our own kind of confidence by trying out different genres.”

They also explained how they felt when sunbae group Shinhwa made a comeback with the track “Venus“.

“When Shinhwa sunbaes’ song was announced, we were filming for our ‘Venus‘ music video. When we heard the song, we thought, ‘They have the same title as us’, and found it interesting and fun. Because of their hard work promoting, we’ve benefited by being associated with the word ‘venus’. Now, all we have to do is spread Hello Venus’ ‘Venus’ to make it known.”

Leader Ara stated, “Including Nara and Yoonjo, we have a lot of ulzzangs in the group so I can’t include myself in the ‘goddess’ category. I think you can give my voice ten out of ten though… Maknae Yooyoung has a lot of interest in rap. The way she acts is really cute so I think she deserves the title of cutesy venus.”

Hello Venus also commented on comparisons to label mate After School: “We’ve been asked whether we’re a sister group of After School a lot. We think it’s an honor to be compared to the unnies. If After School’s [speciality] is a powerful performance, ours is our friendly image. We can’t really compare ourselves to them yet as we’re not as well-known. There’s no way to [change that] except to dance and sing on stage to the best of our ability.”

Watch the interview clip below.

Source: Billboard Korea
Tip: pledislovers

TVXQ’s “Android” PV making-of released

Posted: 20 Jun 2012 04:00 AM PDT

Making-of footage for TVXQ‘s ”Android” PV has been released!

“Android” is set for a July 11th release in Japan, and it's already claimed the #1 spot for pre-orders on charts like Tower RecordsAmazonTsutaya, and more. The single is the first dance song TVXQ will be releasing in Japan after "Superstar".

The 'Android' single will include two new tracks titled "Android" and "Blink", and will be sold in three versions: a CD-only version, a CD+DVD version, and a Bigeast (official fanclub) CD version with special footage from the group's 'Tone Live Tour 2012'.

Check out previously released PV previews here, and the making-of clip below.

Source: Jijipress YouTube
Tip: Tohoshinki-love

Actor Lee Ki Woo recalls the first time he met Kim Tae Hee

Posted: 20 Jun 2012 03:30 AM PDT

Actor Lee Ki Woo, who plays the role of Ryu Ki Woo on MBC‘s ‘Standby‘, recounted the time he first met actress Hallyu Kim Tae Hee.

On the June 19th episode of SBS‘ ‘Strong Heart‘, the actor stated, “There were a lot of ulzzangs around me when I was in high school. At that time, the popular ulzzangs in my neighborhood were Jun Ji Hyun, Seo Ji Young, Lee Min Jung, Lee Jin, and Song Hye Gyo.

I was active as a member of a ski team in university. There was a time when we all gathered with the other college ski teams at a ski resort, and there was this one beautiful girl who stood out among the crowd. That was Kim Tae Hee,” he said. Kim Tae Hee is known to have been a member of Seoul National University’s ski team.

Lee Ki Woo continued, “Wherever Kim Tae Hee would go, all of the male students would follow her. She was the dream girl of all the male students.”

This prompted MC Shin Dong Yup to ask the actor, “If you had to choose between SISTAR‘s Bora and Kim Tae Hee, who would it be?” Lee Ki Woo revealed earlier that he was a huge fan of Bora, who made a surprise appearance on the program. Without hesitation, the actor selected Bora, causing the others to laugh out loud.

Source & Image: Star News via Nate

Past photos of Daniel Choi and So Ji Sub receive attention

Posted: 20 Jun 2012 03:02 AM PDT

Thanks to recent broadcasts of SBSGood Morning, past photos of actors Daniel Choi (top) and So Ji Sub (bottom) have become a hot topic online.

The June 11th episode of ‘Good Morning’ revealed details of Daniel Choi’s school days. His third year middle school homeroom teacher Oh Sae Chang remarked, “[Daniel] was a very quiet, well-behaved student. At the end of the day, no matter what I said, he would just smile.

The actor’s past photos showed that he’s been blessed with his handsome look, distinct facial features, and tall height since his middle school days.

On June 18th, the crew of SBS’ ‘Good Morning’ visited So Ji Sub’s middle school and revealed his graduation picture. As was the case with Daniel Choi, So Ji Sub is once again gathering attention as he looked just as charismatic and handsome in his youth as he is now.

Both actors are starring in the drama Phantom, and viewers couldn’t help but compare the two.

They commented, “Both So Ji Sub and Daniel Choi’s past photos look cool,” “The battle between the fans of So Gan Ji (So Ji Sub’s nickname) and Daniel Choi begins,” and “As expected, the two handsome men are just different.

Which actor would you rather have gone to school with?

2012_06_18_danielchoi_sojisub_goodmorning 20120620_danielchoi 20120620_sojisub

Source: TVDaily via Nate

Actress Kim Bin Woo confesses to getting a bit of work done on ‘Strong Heart’

Posted: 20 Jun 2012 02:31 AM PDT

On the June 19th episode of SBS‘ ‘Strong Heart‘, actress Kim Bin Woo revealed she’s had a bit of work done since her supermodel days.

A clip of South Korea’s 2001 supermodel competition, featuring Kim Bin Woo, Han Ye Seul, Gong Hyun Joo, Han Ji Hye, and Soh Yi Hyun, was played on the show.

Kim Bin Woo seemed a bit embarrassed by the footage of her younger years as she confessed, “That is how I looked in the past, and I had a tiny bit done since then,” revealing that she’s undergone cosmetic surgery.

Source + Image: Star News via Nate

Son Eun Seo and Choi Jin Hyuk revealed to be in a relationship?

Posted: 20 Jun 2012 02:02 AM PDT

It’s been reported that Son Eun Seo and Choi Jin Hyuk are currently in a romantic relationship.

The actors met on the set of the SBS drama ‘My Daughter the Flower‘, which they filmed for seven months before it ended in mid-May.

A representative in the entertainment industry stated, “The two started to become interested in each other while filming for the drama, and their relationship naturally progressed into a romantic one. Choi Jin Hyuk fell in love with Son Eun Seo’s casual and good-tempered nature, and they’re currently dating.”

The couple was previously spotted on a date on the streets of Seoul. The representative went on, “Like any other lovely couple, Son Eun Seo was in Choi Jin Hyuk’s arms as they walked through Garosugil on a date. Though they both wore casual clothing and baseball caps, [people still noticed them immediately].”

Son Eun Seo is known for her roles in the dramas ‘Princess has Returned‘, ‘Flames of Desire‘, ‘Spy Myung Wol‘, and ‘Love Rain‘, as well as the films ‘Humming‘, ‘If You Were Me 4‘, and ‘Whispering Corridors 5‘. Choi Jin Hyuk previously starred in the dramas ‘Pasta‘, ‘It’s Okay, Daddy’s Girl‘, and ‘I Need Romance‘.

Neither Son Eun Seo or Choi Jin Hyuk have commented on this news as of yet.

Source+Photo: Oh My News via Daum

Busker Busker’s Jang Bum Joon looks shy next to actress Kim Gyuri

Posted: 20 Jun 2012 01:31 AM PDT

Busker Busker‘s main vocalist Jang Bum Joon took a couple of friendly photos with actress Kim Gyuri.

Kim Gyuri tweeted on the 19th, “I’m bored so I guess I’ll post some photos? After I went to Lee Hyori‘s ‘Golden 12‘ concert, I met Busker Busker’s charming Jang Bum Joon,” along with the photos above.

Netizens commented that the Busker Busker member looks a little shy standing next to the actress.

Followers on Twitter responded, “Jang Bum Joon must like Kim Gyuri a lot,” “Jang Bum Joon and Kim Gyuri’s smiles melt my heart,” and “Jang Bum Joon is such a cutie.

Source & Photo: TV Report via Nate

Singer Baek Ji Young meets an ‘ahjusshi’ fan of 9 years

Posted: 20 Jun 2012 01:00 AM PDT

Singer Baek Ji Young met a long-time ahjusshi fan on the June 19th broadcast of KBS2‘s ’1 vs. 100‘.

All 100 contestants who participated were men, but one in particular stood out among the rest. He was an older fan who revealed, “I’ve been a part of [Baek Ji Young's] fan club since 2003.

He then added, “During one of her concerts, me and [my eldest child] took a picture with Baek Ji Young, but it came out looking like a family portrait so I can’t really show it to anyone.

MC Han Suk Joon then asked the fan, “[Did it look like] she was your daughter?” The ahjusshi fan evoked laughter by responding, “It looked more like she was my wife.

Source & Photo: TVDaily via Nate

Part 2 of Caribbean Bay CFs featuring 2PM & Suzy released

Posted: 20 Jun 2012 12:30 AM PDT

Water park Caribbean Bay has released part two of the CFs featuring 2PM and miss A‘s Suzy!

The newly released CFs definitely focus more on the JYP Entertainment idols so fans should look forward to it.

Check out the previously released CFs here, making-of footage here, and watch the new ads below.

15-second version

30-second version

Source: official Everland YouTube

Girls’ Generation’s Yuri discusses life after ‘Fashion King’ with @star1

Posted: 20 Jun 2012 12:02 AM PDT

Members YuriJessicaSooyoung, and Seohyun of Girls’ Generation met up with @star1 for a paparazzi-themed photo shoot.

The shoot for the July issue was held in the “fashion mecca” Chungdamdong, where flagship stores of top clothing brands like Tory Burch are located.

Each member’s individual looks were highlighted, and the girls were dressed in styles that they themselves preferred to wear.

Yuri, who recently made a successful acting debut on the recently concluded SBS drama ‘Fashion King‘, captivated viewers in Chungdamdong wearing a simple top and shorts. She commented that the biggest difference she’s noticed after the drama is that she has more “ahjumma” fans.

Yuri stated, “I tried acting for the first time in my life, and it was a lot harder than I thought it would be. Truthfully, it was difficult, but I also found it fun.”

She continued, “If there’s one thing that’s changed after ‘Fashion King’, I now have more ahjussi and ahjumma fans who recognize meThey recognize ‘Yuri from Fashion King’ when I go to restaurants or walk the streets. It’s fascinating. I realized the power of dramas.

I would like to have more opportunities to act in the future,” Yuri added. “I would like to continue acting.”

20120619_yuri_atstar1_1 20120619_yuri_atstar1_6 20120619_yuri_atstar1_5 20120619_yuri_atstar1_4 20120619_yuri_atstar1_3 20120619_yuri_atstar1_2

Source & Image : Newsen via Nate