Friday, July 6, 2012

"[NEWS] Park Si Hoo – Kim Jaejoong – Kim Junsu, Men who love cats~" plus 24 more

[NEWS] Park Si Hoo – Kim Jaejoong – Kim Junsu, Men who love cats~

Posted: 06 Jul 2012 08:57 AM PDT

Recently, there is an increasing number of people raising pets.

In particular, male celebrities who cherish their cats like a member of the family, also participated in the survey.

Previously, actor Park Si Hoo uploaded a photograph that showed his affection for his cat on his Twitter account. As he likes animals, he knows a lot about them. His cat likes to sleep a lot so he gave his cat a cute name called Jami (sleep).

He said that he spun around five times with delight when the cat that he has owned for seven years went back to his house. He gave a fatherly smile while looking at it.

JYJ's Kim Jaejoong is raising a Russian Blue cat by the name of Jiji. He became well known for his love for cats through his Twitter account. Fans have even made Twitter accounts for Jiji.

Currently, Super Junior's Kim Heechul is living with Heebum, a Russian Blue cat like Kim Jaejoong's Jiji.

JYJ's Kim Junsu is also raising cats. He is drawing attention for having six cats, namely Tigger, Leo, Leon, Bakira, Shadow and Casillas.

The photographs that he uploaded on his Twitter account showed his love for cats. He also tweeted short sentences like, "Rank first, Tigger", "This is the maknae Shadow" and "Hehe…kids".

Meanwhile, actor Yoo Hae Jin, singer Alex, Chansung and other male celebrities are also known for raising cats.

Source: WStarNews
Translated by: Shermin of JYJ3

[NEWS] Malaysian firms tap Into K-POP Power!

Posted: 06 Jul 2012 08:41 AM PDT

Korean pop culture is sweeping Asia by storm and its popularity in Malaysia is now becoming so mainstream that big business is taking note.

Malaysia's main ethnic groups - Malay, Chinese and Indian - tend to have different tastes in music and television, and many prefer to be entertained in their own language.

But Korean pop songs, movies and soap operas, collectively known as K-Pop, seem to be crossing the divide.

The music is regularly featured on Malaysian radio stations, alongside the latest Malay and English hit songs. The difference is that Korean is a foreign language in the former British colony.

"K-Pop has gone beyond the language barrier and connects well with different ethnic groups," says Lim Teck Kheng, marketing director for Universal Music Malaysia and Singapore.

Its widespread appeal was evident at their K-Pop fan event just outside Kuala Lumpur. Malay-Muslims wearing hijabs cheered alongside Chinese people, as well as Indian Christians and Hindus.

No Korean artists were present but home-grown K-Pop acts performed to their favourite music videos.

At times they struggled with the suggestive dance moves, but the crowd screamed and clapped as if they were watching the original K-Pop artist.
"I like K-Pop because the song is very catchy and very fresh and I like the outfits," said Laura Yap.
Her Malay friend, wearing a black and red hijab, nodded in agreement, saying she only listened to K-Pop now.

Nationwide frenzy

It is quite unusual to see people from all ethnic groups excited about the same artists.
Malaysia is a multi-ethnic country but politicians worry that young Malays, Chinese and Indians are increasingly living separate lives from each other.
They have their own schools, live in neighbourhoods dominated by their own ethnic community and have dedicated entertainment channels in their mother tongue.
This lack of shared culture has made it difficult for advertisers.
"If I bring in a local Malay artist he would be huge but much more with the local Malay fans than the Chinese or the Indian," says Pearly Lim, of mobile operator DiGi.
"Similarly if I bring in a Chinese artist then obviously it's only going to work for the Chinese base."

Ms Lim says at times they alienate certain ethnic groups with marketing campaigns targeted elsewhere.
K-Pop artists, however, draw in a mixed crowd with an almost even split between ethnic Malays and Chinese, she says.

That is why DiGi was one of the first companies to organise K-Pop events to boost its brand. The results were almost instantaneous. Within the first two months over 40,000 people joined their Facebook page to participate in their contests.

DiGi once ran a campaign where customers had to buy pre-paid phone credits in order to win a chance to meet a K-Pop star. One female student bought so many top-up cards she might as well have bought a brand new phone, says Ms Lim.

The crazy thing is that this contest did not guarantee that the winner would meet a K-Pop star, it was just a chance to see one, she says. "We've never had this type of response before."

Leading budget carrier AirAsia also sponsored a K-Pop concert to promote its route from Kuala Lumpur to Seoul last year.

There are other music acts that can cut through racial barriers in Malaysia - Western artists, for example. After all, English is the second national language.

Yet advertisers say that K-Pop can appeal to the mass audience in Malaysia better than Western music.
That is partly because the English language still carries elitist connotations in this former British colony. It is spoken largely in major urban centres among the wealthier class.

In Malaysia, that usually means the ethnic Chinese.
American Idol finalist Adam Lambert is well known here but the kind of people who turned up for the concert DiGi sponsored were more urban Chinese than ethnic Malays, says Ms Lim.
"Whereas for K-Pop you see a good spread," she said.

'Shared values'

To understand the K-Pop phenomenon, one must look beyond the music to the TV dramas. The leading actress in Korean soap operas is usually the girl next door who lives at home to take care of her parents.
In other words, plots tend to be rooted in traditional Asian values - something that speaks to a Malaysian audience.

Companies like Maaduu.com are feeding this demand. The site is Malaysia's first legal video site dedicated to Korean dramas. It is funded by ads so that Malaysians can watch the latest show for free.
"Certain dramas that perform poorly in Korea, [it] makes no difference here," said co-founder Dennis Lee.
Any Korean drama made available to fans did well, which clearly showed the demand, he said.
It may seem like a risky option to base an entire business on K-Pop but Malaysians are immersing themselves in the culture.

At the Universal Music Malaysia event, K-Pop star Jay Park called in to speak to fans. Most seemed to understand him when he spoke in Korean.

Many fans told the BBC that they were teaching themselves the language using the internet or attending free classes at the Korean Tourism Organisation.

Siti Nuraviqah is one of them. She has been listening to K-Pop music for the last seven years.

"I'm learning Korean because I want to understand the songs more," said the 22-year-old.

Many advertisers in ethnically divided Malaysia hope that this is a sign that K-Pop is more than just a passing fad.

CR: Jennifer Pak BBC News, Kuala Lumpur

[NEWS] Kim Jae Joong is a close friend of Jin Yi Han!

Posted: 06 Jul 2012 08:26 AM PDT

Kim Jaejoong has been filming pleasantly building relationships with co-actors. As a notable example, it's Jin Yihan (as Hong YoungHwi) who plays KyungTak's dearest friend in Dr. Jin. Kim Jaejoong said "I was originally acquainted with him, but we became closer and attached because of filming the scenes where we appear together. He is 8 years older than me, but he treats me freely(=comfortably, easily) like a friend(=like the same age), and we often contact each other."

To the impish question "Who do you like more between Ji Seong and Yi Han?", Kim Jaejoong answered "Well.. I like both of them.." and also made people laugh saying "It's a tricky situation. Next question please?"

Translation Credit: @126×204

[INTERVIEW] Movies Recommended by Kyuhyun!

Posted: 06 Jul 2012 08:13 AM PDT

Movies that will have you absorbed recommended by Kyuhyun

It was unexpected.  An idol who's in charge of the vocal of the team and not in charge of appearing in variety shows, someone whose specialty is singing ballads became an MC on MBC's Golden Fishery which is called the jungle of variety shows.  Although he replaced his member Heechul, no one knew that Super Junior's maknae Kyuhyun would be sitting in the same table as Kim Gura.  People didn't know about this either—that Kyuhyun would unexpectedly put down his roots at Radio Star—Kyuhyun with the face of a rich boy and his innocent facial expression making biting remarks and pointing to a miniature figurine of Kim Gura who left the show while asking spiteful questions.

"Radio Star is taped on Wednesdays, so when Tuesday would come around, I couldn't go to sleep.  It was a program that I really wanted to do, so I felt excited and nervous at the same time.  When I would be done with the taping, I would only think of Radio Star until the next taping.  Because the program had loyal viewers, it was more burdensome for Kyuhyun.  However, he watched all episodes of Radio Star starting from the first episode, analyzed its characteristics, and studied talking which enabled him to get into the conversation and talk more.  Before a taping, he would visit each guest's waiting room and would say hello.  He formed an alliance with Yoo Sae Yoon who also joined the program as an MC midway like him.  He would work hard even making over the top jokes sometimes.  All this effort comes from Kyuhyun's desire to maintain Radio Star's unique color.

However, as a member who joined Super Junior last, he is a singer who dances when he's with his group but when he' standing on stage alone, he is a singer who can sing a sad ballad like "Etude of Memories" or "7 Years of Love" with rich voice.  Also, in the musical , he is D'artagnanand and on Radio Star, he is the maknae who is gradually solidifying his position.  Kyuhyun still puts independence first before desire.  So Kyuhyun who believes that if he works hard at what he is given, other opportunities will come, recommended movies that absorbed him when he was watching them.

Kyuhyun's first recommendation: Titanic
Kyuhyun: When I heard that the movie was re-released in 3D recently, I really wanted to watch it again.  So I went to the movie theater at night.  Since the movie was not originally made as a 3D movie, my eyes hurt, but it was still good re-watching it.  After the movie ended, "My heart will go" played and the people in the theater would not leave.  I thought, "why aren't they leaving" and then I realized how touching it was and it made me feel Goosebumps.  I think, like me, the other people had lingering emotions that they just couldn't leave the theater.

Kyuhyun's second recommendation: The Big Swindle
Kyuhyun: it's a movie that I really like.  I watched it over 20 times already that I think I can memorize the lines.  The storyline was fun and all the characters are appealing.  But Park Shin Yang's acting is especially amazing.  He's good at playing smart and cool characters, but watching him master that lowlife swindler character in the movie made me respect him.

Kyuhyun's third recommendation: The Legend of Ip Man
Kyuhyun: out of the all the movies that Donnie Yen appeared in, my favorite movie of his is The Legend of Ip Man.  It's a movie that depicts dynamic feeling from Chinese action movies well.  Live action and the depiction of the life of a real life character, martial arts master Ip Man and the historical background work to convey satisfying feeling and are also moving.  I especially think that Donnie Yen's facial expression is cool which looks like he's always maintaining his composure.  I think a real master does not look scattered even when he's fighting.

Kyuhyun's fourth recommendation: The Scent of Love
Kyuhyun: I liked Jang Jin Young who plays the lead female in the movie, so I felt excited when I was watching it.  Park Hae Il played a man who loves so unconditionally.  It could be a little unrealistic, but it's a romantic movie that makes people recall their first love.  I still watch it sometimes and think how beautiful it is.  So it makes me feel sad.

Kyuhyun's fifth recommendation: The Greatest Game Ever Played
Kyuhyun: I like movies that are based on true stories.  The Greatest Game Ever Played is a story about an amateur golfer who after some mishaps competes in a big tournament and wins.  The story is similar to mine, so I resonated with it.  My father operates an academy, so when I first told him that I wanted to become a singer, he said, "if you are not going to study and fail to go to college because you want to be a singer, people are going to tell me to teach my son first."  He really scolded me a lot and opposed to me becoming a singer.  But now, he comes to watch all my musical shows and concerts overseas.  In the movie, there is a scene where the main character's father who disapproves of his son becoming a golfer cheers among the crowd when his son wins at the end.  When I was watching that scene, it reminded me of the past that I cried without realizing it.

Kyuhyun who has come to know the taste of growth through hard work
Since he debuted at the age 19 to now at 25 years old, despite his age and his position in the team as the maknae, he's cool and mature.  He also looks wise beyond his years on Radio Star.  The moment Kyuhyun shows his happiness the most is when he gets a confirmation that he matured as much as he put hard work into it.  "The malicious comments that I would get when I would try in a new field have turned into comments that I'm okay.  I feel ecstatic about that.  When I monitor my performance and fix things that are wrong, people recognize that.  I'm nothing compared to the sunbaenims, but I feel so happy when I get a response that I'm doing well."  I did not realize that there was this side to Radio Star's young malicious commentator.

Source: Naver
Translated by Minnie @ SUJUISM.BLOGSPOT.COM

[NEWS] Singer So Hyang Joins “I’m A Singer”

Posted: 06 Jul 2012 07:53 AM PDT

The second singer to appear on the hit survival competition show "I'm A Singer" for July was revealed: The Mariah Carey of Korea, CCM diva singer So Hyang!

So Hyang's already achieved notable recognition in the Korean music world as a shockingly talented vocalist. She recently participated on an album titled "Diva Project", along with other "I'm A Singer" familiar faces, Park Jung Hyun and Lee Young Hyun. She also featured
on songs for SG Wannabe's Lee Suk Hoon and Yang Dong Geun.

So Hyang boasts a vocal range of four octaves. She also trained with the same vocal coach for the international likes of Michael Jackson and Stevie Wonder, Seth Riggs. She's been contacted and approached by renowned industry members, like the producer for Boys 2 Men, giving her quite the boasting rights.

She'll be joining the current cast of Han Young Ae, Park Sang Min, Kim Gun Mo, Kim Yeon Woo, and Jung Yeop, starting on July 8th's episode.

Source: KBS World

[NEWS] Ki Tae Young to play doctor in ‘To the Beautiful You’

Posted: 06 Jul 2012 07:40 AM PDT

Actor Ki Tae Young will be joining f(x)'s Sulli and SHINee's Minho in the upcoming SBS TV series, 'To the Beautiful You'.

Ki Tae Young has landed himself the role of Jang Min Woo, a mysterious doctor in the Physical Education high school medical room where Kang Tae Joon (played by Minho) and Goo Jae Hee (played by Sulli) attends. He becomes the first person to discover that Goo Jae Hee, who disguises herself as a boy, is actually a girl.

However, Jang Min Woo doesn't reveal this truth and takes care of Goo Jae Hee and Kang Tae Joon (Minho) like their guardian angel. He is an important character that gives the two help every time they need it.

The producers from the show explained that Ki Tae Young has the charisma and smooth image which will help him well depict Jang's character.

'To the Beautiful You' is the Korean adaptation drama of the popular Japanese comic "Hanazakari no Kimitachi e" also known as "Hana Kimi" which will begin running in August.

Source: Newsen

[NEWS] Kim Kang Woo writes about trip to Thailand

Posted: 06 Jul 2012 07:27 AM PDT

Actor Kim Kang Woo published a travel book of his trip to Thailand.

According to Kim's agency Namoo Actors, on July 5, Kim recorded his Thailand experience in a book titled "Two Men's Unstoppable Thailand Trip" with his close friend and filmmaker, Lee Jung-sub.

"In the book, Kim included anecdotes of his experience meeting actor Thanayong, taking part in the Songkran Festival, and his hopeless sense of direction," the agency said.

"Although the writing process took longer than we thought, we were surprised and captivated by his writing. Readers will be able to see the honest, fun parts of Kim," said a spokesperson from PaperBook, the publisher of Kim's book.

Meanwhile, Kim will begin filming on July 5 at Busan for the KBS drama "Haeundae Lovers," superseding the current show "Big."

Source: JoongAng Daily

[VIDEO] Bobby Kim releases MV for “Love is Awful”

Posted: 06 Jul 2012 07:16 AM PDT

After pre-releasing six of his tracks, Bobby Kim has released his special edition album, "Old & New" along the music video for title track, "Love is Awful".

"Old & New" includes the early-released remakes, as well as five new tracks including "Love of My Life", "Maria", "Thank You" and "My Love". The new album has been recorded and produced in the United States and fans are expecting big things from the album.

Check out the MV for "Love is Awful" below!

[NEWS] Jung Il Woo is Asia’s actor of the year

Posted: 06 Jul 2012 07:14 AM PDT

Jung Il Woo won the Asia's Male Actor award at the 2012 Huading Awards on Wednesday.

The annual awards show in Beijing recognizes the Chinese public's favorite entertainers. Jung became the first non-Chinese entertainer to be nominated and win an award since the awards started seven years ago.

Accepting the award, Jung thanked his Chinese fans in Mandarin and said it was an honor to take home the coveted award.

After the show, Jung also was named Most Popular Entertainer at the show in a poll by the search engine Sina.com.

The awards show had previously focused only on the Chinese entertainment scene, but this year decided to include all of Asia. Award winners were chosen through phone and online surveys as well as by a panel of entertainment insiders and experts.

His agency said Jung was invited following the popularity of last year's "Flower Boy Ramen Shop." The tvN production was No. 1 among dramas streamed in China.

Source: JoongAng Daily

[NEWS] SMTown Live World Tour III to be Held in Seoul Next Month

Posted: 06 Jul 2012 07:01 AM PDT

A joint performance by artists that are a part of SM Entertainment will be held in Seoul next month under the title SM Town Live World Tour III. The concert will be held on August 18th at Jamsil Olympic Stadium and will include popular SM stars like Kangta, BoA, TVXQ, Super Junior, Girls Generation, SHINee, f(x), EXO etc.

The performance will also include a fan tour program for international fans who want to see the concert. The tour program is geared towards SM fans living in 20 countries across Asia, the Americas and Europe and will include the Seoul concert, and tickets to the SM Art Exhibition, a fan meeting, welcome party and souvenirs. Tickets will be available starting July 6th at SM C&C.

SM Live World Tour III began in the U.S. in May and visited Taiwan in June and will come to Korea in August. The Japanese leg of the tour will be held from August 4th through 5th at the Tokyo Dome.

Source: KBS World

[NEWS] Gaon Chart releases rankings for June 24‒30, 2012

Posted: 06 Jul 2012 06:48 AM PDT

Gaon Chart is the national record chart of South Korea. It is complied by the Korea Music Content Industry Association with an aim to create a national chart for Korea similar to the Billboard charts and Oricon charts.

[Rankings for Week June 24 - June 30, 2012]

Weekly Singles Chart

1. Busker Busker : "If You Really Love Me"

2. Huh Gak : "One Person"

3. Busker Busker : "It's Hard to Face You"

4. SISTAR : "Loving U"

5. 8eight's Lee Hyun : "My Heart Hurts"

6. Verbal Jint : "Pretty Enough"

7. Busker Busker : "Showers"

8. f(x) : "Electric Shock"

9. Wonder Girls : "Like This"

10. Busker Busker : "Neon Sign"

----

Weekly Album Chart

1. Jo Kwon : "I'm Da One" [1st Album]

2. Baek Chung Kang : "All Night" [EP]

3. Busker Busker : "Busker Busker" [1st Album]

4. f(x) : "Electric Shock" [2nd Mini Album]

5. Teen Top : "It's" [EP]

6. Busker Busker : "Busker Busker Finale" [Special Album]

7. Kim Bo Kyung, Shayne : "707" [EP]

8. Verbal Jint : "10 Years of Misinterpretation" [Special Album]

9. EXO-K : "MAMA" [1st Mini Album]

10. She'z : "SHE'Z HOLIC" [Single]

[PICTURE] Jeon Ji Hyun is all stylish for ‘1st Look’

Posted: 06 Jul 2012 06:35 AM PDT

Newly-wed actress Jeon Ji Hyun glamorously graced the latest edition of '1st Look' magazine. Dressed in different stylish outfits, the actress appeared chic and trendy, showing off her alluring charms.

In the interview with the magazine, the 31-year-old movie actress talked about her upcoming movie 'The Thieves'. She said, "I was very aggressive and I said that I would take the role. It's the first time that I called a director because I thought director Choi Dong Hoon is the best PD who's great in vitalize character so well."

She continued, "Recently, acting has become really fun. Acting is job that you get better and better at. That's why it's important whether or not you have fun doing it. My goal isn't to be better but to enjoy it more and pursue acting for a long time. If one movie fails, another chance would come."

[NEWS] SECRET to release first Japanese album ‘Welcome to SECRET Time’

Posted: 06 Jul 2012 06:22 AM PDT

Girl group SECRET, who has been taking Japan by storm with several single releases, will be releasing their very first full-length album 'Welcome to SECRET Time' in the country this coming August.

'Welcome to SECRET Time' is slated for release on August 22nd. It will include their Korean releases "Madonna" and "Shy Boy", Japanese versions of "Ai wa Move" and "Starlight Moonlight", and their Japanese original singles "Korekurai no Sayonara" and "TWINKLE TWINKLE".

SECRET also updated their official Japanese website (http://secret-jpn.com/) with a short video teaser announcing the release of their first full length Japanese album.

[NEWS] Park Shin Hye unveils still cuts from her new drama

Posted: 06 Jul 2012 06:09 AM PDT

Actress Park Shin Hye treated the fans with a sneak peek for her new KBS drama, "Don't Worry, Because I'm a Ghost".

On July 6th, Park Shin Hye's agency, 4HIM Entertainment unveiled still cuts of the actress, who will play a lovely ghost in the series. In the revealed photos, she is seen focusing on reading the drama script at the shooting scene.

In another cut, Park Shin Hye can be seen sitting behind Bong Tae Gyu on a motorcycle and posing playfully as a ghost.

In the upcoming one-act drama special "Don't Worry, I'm a Ghost", Park Shin Hye takes on the role of the cheerful ghost Yeon Hwa and Bong Tae Gyu as Moon Gi. This drama is about a man who wakes up in a hospital with no recollection and a lovely ghost appears next to him.

"Don't Worry, I'm a Ghost" will be aired on the 15th of July at 11:45PM.

[NEWS] CNBLUE’s Lee Jonghyun to release OST for ‘A Gentleman’s Dignity’

Posted: 06 Jul 2012 05:56 AM PDT

CNBLUE's Lee Jonghyun, who is widely loved by his role Colin in the popular TV drama 'A Gentleman's Dignity', will lend his voice for the OST of the series.

Jonghyun will release "My Love" as the fifth part of the OST albums. This modern pop song is about missing the loved one with the calm melody that folk guitar plays. This beautiful song reminds you of old memories.

"My Love" will be released at midnight of July 8th.

[NEWS] 2NE1 to release “I Love You” MV on July 7th

Posted: 06 Jul 2012 05:43 AM PDT

Having already released their latest track "I Love You" on July 5th, 2NE1 has now announced the release date of the highly anticipated music video for the single.

YG Entertainment's official blog YG-Life posted a new teaser photo, announcing that 2NE1's "I Love You" music video will have its world premiere on Saturday, July 7th KST.

"I Love You" combines electronic and trot to come up with a completely new genre, yet still has the characteristic 2NE1 style. The track has dominated various music charts since its release, giving 2NE1 an instant all-kill.

[NEWS] Girls′ Generation′s Sunny bids farewell to ‘Invincible Youth 2′

Posted: 06 Jul 2012 05:30 AM PDT

Girls′ Generation′s Sunny will be leaving KBS 2TV's 'Invincible Youth Season 2′.

Through a telephone conversation, a representative of SM Entertainment told TV Report on July 6th, "The July 7th episode of 'Invincible Youth 2′ will be the final episode that features Sunny (as one of the regular casts of the show)".

About the possibility of a member filling the void left by Sunny on the show, the representative replied, "At the moment, there's no such plan to do so. Hyoyeon who appears along with Sunny will still be on the program".

In addition to that, regarding Sunny's future activities, the representative explained, "For the time being, Sunny will only be focusing on Girls' Generation's activities. Her involvements on individual activities cannot be confirmed at this point of time".

Source: tvreport.co.kr
Translation: fanwonder.com

[NEWS] Hyoyeon Talks About Happiness, Outfits and Her Members in Interview for ‘Dancing with the Stars II’

Posted: 06 Jul 2012 05:17 AM PDT

While doing performances overseas, completing schedules in Korea, and practicing all at the same time, Girls' Generation's Hyoyeon only gets three to four hours of sleep. Even though she has a tight schedule, Hyoyeon said, "I'm happiest right now."

"As soon as I started this program, I began to enjoy doing dance sports. Even though I have lots of schedules, I'll go to the practice room whenever I have time, even late at night or at dawn. Even though my partner (Kim Hyungsuk) gets tired (laugh), if we don't practice, we feel a lot of anxiety."

This week, the contestants in the competition will show a mixture of the jive and the quickstep. Hyoyeon said, "I was boasting that I have confidence in the quickstep, which has lots of running movements, but it wasn't easy matching my foot movements with my partner." She added, "There's nothing else to do but practice."

"When it's nine people, if you make a small mistake but have a good facial expression, even fans won't notice it. However, when making a mistake in dance sports with two people on stage, you can instantly notice it. Last week, I was shocked at making a mistake I didn't ever expect would happen (editor's note: Hyoyeon is referring to when she fell during her performance). It was fascinating that my next motion was unaffected by it."

At the beginning, Hyoyeon wasn't skilled at dance sports. She had the basic skills of dance for group activities, but while doing dances for a man and a woman for dance sports, there were many awkward points. At some point, the skinship is unavoidable, and in the first episode, Hyoyeon was shy with Kim Hyungsuk and asked him, "Where are you touching?"

"Even though I'm still shy, when I'm awkward, Hyungsuk also becomes awkward. I'm a person who acts like I'm not awkward. Different couples next to us sticking together when they dance made some of my shyness go away. I've gotten used to making eye contact. Right now, if I just look at his eyes, we understand each other to the point where I know which move I should do."

As the program goes on, Hyoyeon has begun to wear lots of daring clothes, such as what appeared to be a tank top with shiny decorations on it. The majority of the outfits were chosen by Hyoyeon herself.

"At first, I wondered if it was okay to be dressed like this. I searched up a lot of dance sport photos, and there were barely any dancers who covered themselves up. Because I was exposed, it was awkward at first, but after being on stage continuously, the fancyness of the outfits looked pretty. My greed to wear more fancy clothes is coming out a bit."

When asked about personal thoughts that she particularly remembered, Hyoyeon answered that when she's on stage, she thought a lot about what her members would think. Hyoyeon revealed that when she thinks that her group mates are watching, she tries even harder. "When I do well, I want to show my members first. When I stand on stage, I think to myself, 'The members are probably watching.' When I got first place, the members sent a message saying, 'Congratulations. Looking forward to next week,' and I wanted to do even better because I wanted to satisfy their expectations."

While it seemed like only praises were given, sharp advice was also exchanged. Hyoyeon said, "I was anxious about dealing with Tiffany's eyes. She would point out that it would be better if I pointed my toes. Maknae Seohyun, like a mother, would say, 'Make sure you eat well' and would encourage me."

The host, Lee Dukhwa, would always praise Hyoyeon at the end of her performances, saying, "Wow I liked it," and, "It was really good." However, Hyoyeon said, "In the beginning, I was shy to the point that I would shrivel up, but now if he doesn't praise me, it's to the point where I'm hurt." She added that one of the most memorable things that one of the judges, Song Seunghwan, said was: "You're like a sleeping princess in a forest."

When asked who her strongest rival was, Hyoyeon chose Choi Yeojin. Hyoyeon said that because of ballet, Choi Yeojin's specialty, her basic skills are firm and form the basis of dance sports. In addition, because Choi Yeojin is tall, her movements are pretty. Hyoyeon also said she was jealous of "practice bug" Choi Yeojin's energy.

Every week, one-by-one someone gets eliminated in "Dancing with the Stars II" , with the team in first place for the week exempted from elimination. This brought up the topic of winning. When Hyoyeon was asked, "What is the likelihood that you'll get first place?", she laughed and answered, "It's really nervewracking, but it should be around 60%."

Source: Sports Khan, Sports Seoul,
Translated by: jyhwang@soshified
Edited by: bhost909@soshified

[NEWS] KARA wins a lawsuit against an advertisement company

Posted: 06 Jul 2012 05:04 AM PDT

KARA won the lawsuit against an advertisement company.

Eastern Seoul 11th civil case division went through a lawsuit when a clothing company sued Kara's entertainment company DSP media for the damage made due to KARA's separation issues on July 5th.

The court favored with KARA's side saying that "Because celebrities had conflicts with their company and contracts, it doesn't confirm that it affected the celebrity's image" and "It is hard to judge that the clothing company and its reputation was harmed because of KARA."

Before, clothing company brand ASK had a modeling contract with KARA last year from Feburary to July, which was worth 2 million dollars. But after a while, member Han Seungyeon as well as 4 others claimed they wanted issues with their entertainment company resolved and told the clothing company they wanted to end the contract.

With that news, the clothing company sued DSP media, saying that they lost about 4 million dollars that included filming fees.

Source: Nate
Translation: sysbittersweet @ karaholic

[NEWS] Kim Hyun Joong sets new record as a foreign artist in Japan

Posted: 06 Jul 2012 04:51 AM PDT

Hallyu singer Kim Hyun-joong has not only topped the Oricon daily chart with his new EP "Heat," but he also managed to set a new record for the most albums sold on the first day of release by a foreign artist in Japan.

As well as dominating the Oricon singles chart on July 4, the EP was No. 1 on various other Japanese charts as well. Kim's second Japanese EP sold more than 138,000 copies in just 24 hours, beating the record set by TVXQ last year with "Why," which sold 133,000 copies on its first day.

Ahead of the album release, "Heat" garnered much attention as Japanese musician B'z took part in the writing process. The title track also managed to take first place on the mobile phone ringtone chart tabulated by Recochoku.com.

"Kim's popularity is just insurmountable in Japan at the moment. His collaboration with B'z has resulted in the production of a top-notch album," Kim's agency said.

Source: JoongAng Daily

[NEWS] A Pink fans treat staff of ‘Respond 1997’

Posted: 06 Jul 2012 04:38 AM PDT

A Pink's fan club bought meals for Eunji and her fellow actors on the set of the girl group member's new drama.

The fans visited the set of the tvN show "Respond 1997" on July 4 to support the singer, who is taking on her first acting role. Buffet meals were offered courtesy of the fan club for the entire day.

In the past, the same fans treated the film crew to ginseng chicken soup.

"Thank you so much to the fans who came to the set not just once but twice," Eunji said. "I was touched by their generosity, and I hope that I can return the favor with my hard work as a singer and an actress."

Meanwhile, A Pink will return to the stage on July 7 with its next song "Bubibu" during an appearance on MBC's "Show! Music Core."

Source: JoongAng Daily

[NEWS] 2PM’s Taecyeon chosen for best abs

Posted: 06 Jul 2012 04:25 AM PDT

On the July 3 episode of MBC Music's "Show Champion," the best abs in K-pop was selected.

The program surveyed athletic trainers to pick the singer with the finest abs. Taecyeon of 2PM was picked as the winner. Mighty Mouse's Sangchu came close as the runner-up.

The trainers voted from nine singers of the K-pop stage who known for their athletic physiques, including Big Bang's Taeyang, Beast's Gikwang, 2AM's Changmin, Seulong, and MBlaq's Lee Joon.

The athletic professionals described Taecyeon's ab muscles as "defined and balanced," praising the singer's fit body.

Meanwhile, Taecyeon's band 2PM released its fourth EP "Beautiful" in Korea on June 20.

Source: JoongAng Daily

120706 Performances from ‘Music Bank in Hong Kong’

Posted: 06 Jul 2012 05:02 AM PDT

On July 6th, KBS "Music Bank" aired a special episode featuring the recent "Music Bank in Hong Kong" concert.

"Music Bank in Hong Kong" was held on June 23, 2012, storming the stage of AsiaWorld Arena in Hong Kong. Bringing an exceptional show in the country for the first time, "Music Bank in Hong Kong" presented a top quality show with performances from top K-Pop artists including TVXQ, Wonder Girls, B2ST, CNBLUE, f(x), MBLAQ, IU and INFINITE.

Opening:

Performances:

MBLAQ - "It's War" + "Oh Yeah"

f(x) - "Hot Summer" + "Danger" + "Electric Shock"

B2ST - "Paradise"

IU - "You and I" + "Hey" + "Good Day"

CNBLUE - "I'm a Loner" + "LOVE" + "Hey You"

MBLAQ & IU - "Rainism"

INFINITE - "Before The Dawn" + "Be Mine" + "The Chaser"

CNBLUE's Yonghwa (Special Stage)

f(x) (Special Stage)

Wonder Girls - "Nobody" + "Tell Me" + "Like This"

B2ST - "Shock" + "Beautiful"

TVXQ - "Keep Your Head Down" + "Mirotic" + "Maximum"

Ending

[VIDEO] LG Releases New ‘Cinema 3D TV’ Ads Featuring Girls’ Generation

Posted: 06 Jul 2012 04:12 AM PDT

LG recently released new promotional photo and CF for its "Cinema 3D TV" featuring Girls' Generation!

In addition to the photo showing all nine members of Girls' Generation in pink and white cheerleading outfits, standing behind one of the TVs that LG is promoting, LG also released a few new CFs for its "Cinema 3D TV" all centered around the upcoming London Olympics.

The first CF includes footage of a sparring match, and the girls don 3D glasses so the fighters seem to pop out of the screen. The second video features Yuri as she nervously watches an Olympic archer fire an arrow directly at her face. Yoona, meanwhile, enjoys a graceful performance of rhythmic gymnastics as the gymnast's ribbon twirls outside the boundaries of the television screen.

Written By: moonrise31@soshified
Edited By: bhost909@soshified, michaelroni@soshified

[VIDEO] MYNAME releases MV for “Summer Party”

Posted: 06 Jul 2012 03:58 AM PDT

MYNAME recently became the first K-pop artist to sign with Yoshimoto Creative Agency, a major Japan entertainment agency. The group plans to make their official Japanese debut with the single "Message", to be released on July 25th.

Ahead of their debut, MYNAME released the music video for the title track, "Message". This time, the boys also unveiled the full music video for coupling track "Summer Party". The song is a happy upbeat summer song, while the video features the members in a very fitting setting.

Check out the MV below!