Tuesday, July 3, 2012

"The Wonder Girls release teaser image and to collaborate with world renowned artist for “Like Money”" plus 19 more

Posted: 03 Jul 2012 08:53 AM PDT

After making their impressive comeback with “Like This” last month, the Wonder Girls have returned with even more goodies for their fans on allkpop with an exclusive teaser artwork release for their next digital single, Like Money“!

The teaser photo is definitely enough to raise anticipation for their new digital single, especially since J.Y. Park had previously teased fans with snippets of information on his Twitter back in March. On "Like Money", he had written, "There's a huge surprise on their 1st single so get ready for this summer!"

Representatives of JYP Entertainment revealed to allkpop, "Their upcoming release, 'Like Money', is the work of songwriter Cri$tyle, who has previously worked with artists like Rihanna, and JYP Entertainment producer Woo S. Rhee 'RAINSTONE'. There will be a special artist also collaborating with the girls on the song, and although the identity hasn't been revealed yet, rest assured that they're world famous in that they've already amassed over 40 million likes on Facebook."

They continued, "Anticipation amongst fans both domestic and international is also on the rise with news of the participation of Jonte Moaning, also known as Beyonce's choreographer as well as the man behind ‘Be My Baby‘ and ‘The DJ is Mine, alongside the director of the girls' American TV movie, 'The Wonder Girls'."

The Wonder Girls also recently partnered with Samsung's 'Global Contents Partnership', so fans can expect to see a variety of Wonder Girls content in the upcoming release of the brand's mobile, tablet, and PC products.

Check back for its surprise release at their Seoul concert on July 7th. The song and music video will be released digitally on the 10th.

Hello Venus release digital repackage album single, ‘Like a Wave’

Posted: 03 Jul 2012 08:38 AM PDT

The girls of Hello Venus are ready to move on from their adorable debut concept to a cooler look with their summer digital repackaged album, ‘Like a Wave‘.

Hello Venus successfuly captivated themselves a fanbase with their fun dance track, “Venus“, and they’re looking to keep up with the heat of the summer with a refreshing new song that harmonizes their vocals to their full potential.

The six lovely voices of Hello Venus will definitely blast away the heat, so take a listen below.

20120703_hellovenus_likeawave 20120703_hellovenus1 20120703_hellovenus2 20120703_hellovenus3 20120703_hellovenus4 20120703_hellovenus5 20120703_hellovenus6

Thunder releases “Don’t Go” for ‘The BLAQ% Tour‘

Posted: 03 Jul 2012 08:12 AM PDT

Thunder of MBLAQ has released his digital single “Don’t Go” for the group’s Asia tour, ‘The BLAQ% Tour‘.

Members G.O. and Mir previously released the track “Wild” as a duo. Though Thunder will not be promoting “Don’t Go” on broadcasts, he’ll be performing the track throughout ‘The BLAQ% Tour’.

Take a listen to “Don’t Go” below.

Tip: Naima Santos

2NE1 releases Park Bom’s teaser for “I LOVE YOU”

Posted: 03 Jul 2012 08:01 AM PDT

After revealing the "I LOVE YOU" teaser for Dara, and CL the teaser for 2NE1's Park Bom has been revealed.

Labeled 'electro-pop', "I LOVE YOU" has a mellower vibe than many of 2NE1′s previous title songs, though still retains the signature feel of a 2NE1 track.  With only a day until the July 5th (Korean Standard Time) release, we’re getting excited for the full track.

Check out Park Bom‘s teaser below.

B2ST shooting music video for comeback in New York

Posted: 03 Jul 2012 07:30 AM PDT

B2ST has traveled to New York to shoot the music video for their comeback song.

The group left for the States on July 1st and will be returning on July 7th after filming. It’s the first time B2ST has filmed a music video overseas after their debut, and they’re reported to be trying a completely different concept than what they’ve previously shown.

Though further details about the group’s comeback are being kept under wraps, it’s reported that B2ST is considering scheduling their comeback for sometime in late-July.

Source: Osen

ZE:A’s Kwanghee discusses his thoughts on this summer’s tough competition among idol groups

Posted: 03 Jul 2012 07:03 AM PDT

ZE:A‘s Kwanghee discussed his thoughts on the tough competition among idols due to all the upcoming comebacks.

On July 3rd at ZE:A’s ‘Spectacular‘ album showcase, the ZE:A members were asked, “Aren’t your preparations different this time around considering idol groups like Super Junior, 2NE1, and T-ara are making a comeback around the same time?”

ZE:A answered, “We think of it as a good-natured competition. We think it’s a good opportunity to spread awareness [of ZE:A], and we’re satisfied with the fact that our fans look for our songs.”

Kwanghee responded with his trademark candor and humor: “To be honest, we’ve thought a lot about that aspect. However, the agency already confirmed [our comeback], and we wanted to see our fans as well. And if we don’t compete like this, when will we. We need to promote and be active when we can, there’s no need to avoid it because we’re us. I have that much confidence.”

ZE:A will be returning after one year with their second album ‘Spectacular’ on July 4th KST. ‘Spectacular’ holds 11 tracks in all, and their title track “Aftermath” was produced by Brave Brothers.

Source: Osen

Se7en comments on ‘Two Moons’ starring girlfriend Park Han Byul

Posted: 03 Jul 2012 06:35 AM PDT

Singer Se7en had a few words to say about girlfriend Park Han Byul‘s new flick ‘Two Moons‘.

Se7en tweeted on July 3rd, “I’ve come back from the sneak preview of the film ‘Two Moons’! This is the first time [I've seen] a scary movie like this. Releasing July 12! Fighting.”

Park Han Byul plays the lead role, author Sohee, in the mystery-horror movie.

Fans commented, “It seems the movie’s really fun,” and “It’s nice to see the both of you supporting each other.”

In related news, ‘Two Moons’ is the first film in eight years to be directed by Kim Dong Bin. The movie’s plot centers around three people who awake with no memory during a time when morning never comes and in a house where the dead live.

Source: Se7en’s Twitter

Super Junior members reveal they made plans to take turns serving military duty

Posted: 03 Jul 2012 06:05 AM PDT

At the press conference for the release of their 6th album ‘Sexy, Free & Single‘ on July 3rd KST, the Super Junior members revealed that they’ve decided to take turns enlisting for their mandatory military service.

Shindong stated, “Once, all the members discussed our plans for military enlistment all day. Should we all enlist at once, one at a time, half and half, we considered a lot of options and decided that it’s best to go one at a time in order to maintain Super Junior.”

Yesung“I’m curious about what will happen after Leeteuk hyung goes, but it’s a relief that no matter who leaves for the military, we’ll maintain our team. I think it’s good that the other members can still be active despite one or two enlisting.”

Eunhyuk“I’d like for Super Junior to exist for a long time. No matter what individual members do, they’ll still be part of Super Junior.”

Finally, Leeteuk, who’s enlisting after promotions for ‘Sexy, Free & Single’ are over, commented, “I think [military service] will be my biggest homework assignment and longest ‘schedule’, but it’s not important when I go to the army, it’s important that I go and finish so I can return and be part of the next album. I’ll return and show a splendid side of myself.”

Source: Osen

What has Alex been up to?

Posted: 03 Jul 2012 05:31 AM PDT

Alex is trending on search sites after a photo of the singer at his pasta restaurant was posted on July 3rd.

Though ‘We Got Married‘ as well as other programs have already revealed Alex’s interest in cooking, this is the first time that a picture of him at his own restaurant has been shared online.

He’s reported to have personally had a hand in the recipes as well as the interior design of the restaurant, and many are visiting to check out the place.

Netizens commented, “The pose of a handsome boss,” “I must go,” and “It’s a pasta place that probably has a [nice scent].”

Source: My Daily via Naver

YG Family and Kiehl’s collaborate for ‘Meet Mr. Bones’ Project

Posted: 03 Jul 2012 04:59 AM PDT

YG Entertainment and American cosmetics brand Kiehl’s are coming together for the ‘Meet Mr. Bones‘ project.

Kiehl’s official website details that the original “Mr. Bones”: “is the actual human skeleton used by founding family member, Aaron Morse during consultations to educate patrons on various ailments and how Kiehl's remedies would address them. Today, “Mr. Bones” represents Kiehl's pharmacy heritage, commitment to customer service, education and science.”

The ‘Meet Mr. Bones’ project brings together 13 iconic artists and celebrities, including Alicia Keys, Zach Galifianakis, and Kenny Scharf, as well as members of the YG Family, to design and build their own “Mr. Bones”. The customized skeletons will go on display at Kiehl’s New York metro area stores from June 2nd to July 14th.

A total of $200,000 will be donated on behalf of the participants by Kiehl’s to organizations supporting HIV/AIDS research, environmental issues, and children’s causes worldwide.

Kiehl’s brand manager for Korea commented, “I think this ‘Meet Mr. Bones’ project is more meaningful than the average donation campaign as it will have artists donating their talents so that everyone can have fun participating in a good cause. Through this project, we hope to keep children’s dreams alive by giving a small sum to a rehabilitation hospital.”

The “Mr. Bones” created by Big Bang‘s Daesung, Sean, and actress Yoo In Na will be on display from July 29th to mid-August at Kiehl’s stores nationwide in South Korea as well as in Kiehl’s boutique in Samchungdong.

Check out photos and a clip promoting YG Family and Kiehl’s collaboration below!

2010703_ygfamily_kiehl1 2010703_ygfamily_kiehl2 2010703_ygfamily_kiehl3 2010703_ygfamily_kiehl4

Wonder Girls’ Yenny reveals split with boyfriend

Posted: 03 Jul 2012 04:21 AM PDT

Yenny of the Wonder Girls revealed that she and her recent boyfriend have called it quits.

According to one insider, Yenny met her ex-boyfriend while the group was active in New York, and apparently, the two broke up in November of 2011.

Yenny is reported to have shared the news on the recent recording of SBS‘ ‘Strong Heart‘. The insider stated, “I know that Yenny has revealed the truth on the show.”

It seems she decided to take a different route than fellow Wonder Girls member Sun, who publicly announced her still-ongoing relationship last year.

In other news, Wonder Girls will be opening their first solo concert in three years, ‘Wonder World Tour‘, at Jamsil Gymnastics Stadium on July 7th at 7PM KST.

Source: Osen

[Update] ZE:A’s comeback showcase live!

Posted: 03 Jul 2012 03:47 AM PDT

ZE:A‘s special comeback showcase broadcast is now live! Fans from all over the world can now watch the boys in action.

Stay tuned to allkpop for updates on ZE:A’s comeback with their second album ‘Spectacular‘.

Check out the set list and watch the live stream below. [Note: Live stream has ended.]

<Set List>
>Opening Video
1. Aftermath (title song)
2. Body to body
>Members Introduction and greetings
3. Never End
4. Bridge Video
>Album introduction
05. Daily Daily
> Closing
6. Someday…
>[ENCORE] Aftermath MV
7. Heart for 2
8. Mazeltov

Krystal of f(x) doesn’t think her face stands out?

Posted: 03 Jul 2012 03:20 AM PDT

f(x)‘s Krystal revealed that she has a humble opinion of her own physical appearance.

On the July 2nd broadcast of Mnet‘s ‘Beatles Code 2‘, MC Tak Jae Hoon compared Krystal and her older sister Jessica of Girls’ Generation asking, “Who do you think is prettier?”

Krystal responded without hesitation: “Unni,” referring to Jessica. Tak Jae Hoon then jokingly remarked, “We think she’s prettier too,” only to later add, “I personally think Krystal’s more pretty.”

The f(x) member wasn’t falling for it as she pointed out, “You just said that Jessica unni’s prettier,” and the MC explained, “That’s just the popular opinion, I think you’re prettier.”

Krystal then surprised the MC panel revealing, “I won’t acknowledge that. To be honest, I have a very common face. People have said, ‘Krystal has the kind of face that you can see at any random middle school or high school’.”

Sohee of the Wonder Girls, who also featured as a guest on the episode, commented, “I don’t have a common face, but I think I have an ordinary face.” However, she also mentioned that she feels she’s the best looking out of her group, saying, “I love and am very dear to myself.”

Source + Photo: My Daily via Naver

After School releases google+ fan meeting footage

Posted: 03 Jul 2012 02:45 AM PDT

Footage of After School‘s google+Hangouts on Air‘ fan meeting has been released!

After School personally chose a handful of fans who got to chat and interact with the group during the live stream event on June 24th, 7:00PM KST.

If you missed it, you can catch the whole fan meeting below.

After School is currently promoting their hot new dance track “Flashback“.

Source: After School’s google+; Pledis Entertainment YouTube

Dara announces 2NE1′s ‘me2day Star Chatting’ event!

Posted: 03 Jul 2012 02:11 AM PDT

Dara has announced 2NE1‘s ’me2day Star Chatting‘ event!

The 2NE1 member posted to me2day on July 2nd KST, “What’s up?!? Everyone~ Shall we talk? July 11th evening!!! me2day star chatting with 2NE1!!! Are there things you’ve been curious about or wanted to tell us?!? I’m curious! For those who want to participate~ Right now! Register~ ^_^ It’s real chatting~! Wow~ My heart’s fluttering! What should we talk about…?”

Registration for a chance to participate in the chatting event will be open from July 2nd until the 9th at midnight KST. The ten lucky Blackjacks who’ve won the opportunity to chat with the 2NE1 members will be revealed on July 10 KST, and the actual chat event will take place on the evening of the 11th.

Fans must download me2day’s official smartphone application, click on the “People are” button, click on “Events”, and finally choose “me2day Star Chatting 2NE1 version” to enter.

In the meantime, check out the teaser for 2NE1′s ‘New Evolution‘ tour here, and watch out for the release of their upcoming single “I Love You” on July 5th.

Source: Dara’s me2day
Tip: Erica

Wonder Girls’ Sun is willing to move to Haiti for her boyfriend upon marriage?

Posted: 03 Jul 2012 01:35 AM PDT

It must be love because Wonder GirlsSun is apparently willing to consider moving across the world if her current boyfriend becomes her husband.

On the July 2nd broadcast of Mnet‘s ‘ Beatles Code 2‘, Sun revealed, “I met my boyfriend in Haiti doing missionary work. He’s still in Haiti right now.”

As Wonder Girls’ fans and allkpop readers may already know, Sun is currently in a relationship, which she publicly revealed last year.

The Wonder Girls member also shared details on how she met the lucky suitor: “I approached him first. I’m the type who can’t hide things. I found out that Haiti wasn’t the first time I’ve met him. I greeted him, ‘It’s nice to meet you,’ and he replied, ‘It’s not our first time meeting.’ We met twice before, but I couldn’t remember. I think he probably remembered me because of my profession.”

When MC Yoo Sang Moo asked her, “Are you going to live in Haiti if you two get married?” Sun’s answer definitely got the attention of viewers, as she replied nonchalantly, “I think it’s a possibility.”

Source + Photo: Sports Donga

Hyorin reveals her first impressions of SISTAR members

Posted: 03 Jul 2012 01:00 AM PDT

On July 2nd’s broadcast of KBS‘ ‘Hello‘, SISTAR‘s Hyorin caught fellow member Bora off-guard by revealing the first impression she had of her.

The girls were asked to describe their first impressions of one another on the program, and Hyorin replied, “I thought Soyu looked feminine and pretty, and that Dasom was really, really pretty. Bora unni looked like someone from the countryside.” Bora playfully feigned her shock upon hearing Hyorin’s first impression of her.

Dasom then revealed her first thoughts on Hyorin: “She was really cute. She had big pupils so I thought she looked like a sparrow.”

Source + Photos: Mydaily via Naver

Younha thanks her ‘Starry Night’ fans for their support

Posted: 03 Jul 2012 12:25 AM PDT

After officially releasing her fourth album ‘SUPERSONIC’ via MBC‘s radio show ‘Starry Night’, Younha has revealed her thoughts on her comeback.

On July 3rd, Younha wrote to her fans via Twitter, saying, “‘Starry Night’ family and fans, I wanted you to be the very first to hear [my song]. I forgot to say this most important thing during broadcast: Thank you so so much for letting me be able to sing.

As Younha herself has said, it seems that the solo artist was keen on making sure her ‘Starry Night’ coworkers and fans would be given the privilege to hear her new batch of songs first. She she released her album via the radio show at midnight on July 3rd. Prior to broadcast, her company even hinted on their official blog about the event so that Younha fans could take a listen.

In other news, Younha is holding a concert on July 28th to celebrate her comeback after a year and six months. Check out her new music video for “Runhere.

Source: Younha’s Twitter

A Pink celebrates Police Women’s Day in Korea

Posted: 02 Jul 2012 11:52 PM PDT

The thoughtful ladies of A Pink celebrated Police Women’s Day in Korea by dressing in uniform.

On July 3rd, Na-Eun shared on her Waggle, “Yesterday was Police Women’s Day. Everyone’s working so hard despite the hot weather. Please find strength. We’ll support you.”

With Eunji and Na-Eun acting as police women and the other girls playing the roles of elementary school students, the girls not only raised awareness about the important day, but also promoted and reminded fans of the importance of safe driving, while also giving credit to police women for protecting the streets.

Netizens commented, “They match the outfits well,” “I’d want to be caught if the police women were this cute,” and “Where did they get the outfits from?”

A Pink will be making their return this month with “Bubibu“.

Source + Photos: Newsen via Nate

B2ST’s Hyuseung releases “I am I am Music” MV

Posted: 02 Jul 2012 11:22 PM PDT

B2ST's Hyunseung has just released the music video for "I am I am Music" to help promote the upcoming performances of his first musical, ‘Mozart!

The music video shows never-before-seen footage of Hyunseung practicing, recording, and shooting for his role in the musical and features his song “I am I am Music”, which is one of the main songs of  the musical that expresses Mozart's wish for his father's love.

With the release of the music video, an event has also been launched in which fans in Korea can enter for a chance to win tickets to 'Mozart!'. The event will be held from July 3rd to July 10th.

The musical 'Mozart' will be performed from July 10th through August 4th.

Check out the video below!

Tip: geohmo