Sunday, October 28, 2012

"Netizen’s account of MC Yoo Jae Suk becomes a hot topic" plus 19 more

"Netizen’s account of MC Yoo Jae Suk becomes a hot topic" plus 19 more

Netizen’s account of MC Yoo Jae Suk becomes a hot topic

Posted: 28 Oct 2012 08:52 AM PDT

The ‘nation’s MC’ Yoo Jae Suk has once again touched the South Korean public with his kind act.

A user recently uploaded his account of when he met Yoo Jae Suk onto an online community board, revealing that he was deeply moved by his kindness.

His post reads:

I happened to see Yoo Jae Suk and Kim Jae Dong at a health club one day. I usually never start a conversation with others there, but after wandering around near them, I ended up asking Yoo Jae Suk if he could take a picture with me.

However, Kim Jae Dong, who was standing [beside Yoo Jae Suk], stopped me saying, ‘You shouldn’t do this‘, and tried to drive me away. That’s when Yoo Jae Suk said, ‘Jae Dong, you shouldn’t be like that‘.

Yoo Jae Suk then accepted my cell phone and asked Kim Jae Dong to take a picture of us. After seeing that I had blinked my eyes, he suggested that we take another photo so we did.

I noticed he kept leaning his face slightly towards the camera when we were taking the photo… It turned out that he wanted my face to come out looking smaller than his. I was deeply moved by his manners.

I think I now know why everybody calls Yoo Jae Suk [by his nickname], ‘God Yoo’.

The user then left an apology to the MC, writing, “I forgot that celebrities tend to avoid taking pictures when they aren’t wearing any makeup. But on top of that, Yoo Jae Suk was sweating… I would like to take this opportunity to apologize. National MC, fighting!

Source: Korean Ilbo via Nate, DC Inside

‘Running Man’ releases preview with Choi Min Soo and Park Bo Young

Posted: 28 Oct 2012 08:18 AM PDT

The infamous ‘hunter’, Choi Min Soo, is back for revenge on ‘Running Man‘, along with ‘Wolf Boy‘ actress Park Bo Young!

In a newly-released teaser showcasing next week’s episode, the ‘Running Man hunter’ seems to be back with a vengeance, after two prior appearances on the show where he terrorized both the cast and crew.

With the current score between the Running Men and Choi Min Soo standing at 1:1, it will definitely be an exciting conclusion to the long-standing match. Check out the preview below!

Kim Jong Kook releases MV teaser for “Men Are All Like That”

Posted: 28 Oct 2012 07:52 AM PDT

Following a pre-release of selected songs from his new album, artist Kim Jong Kook has released a music video teaser for yet another one of his new songs, “Men Are All Like That“!

Featuring the acting talents of flower boy actor and Kim Jong Kook’s close friend Song Joong Ki, this music video is not to be missed. Check out the beautiful teaser below, and stay tuned for the full release of his new album on November 1st!

Orange Caramel’s Lizzy shares her thoughts on the conclusion of the group’s promotions for “Lipstick”

Posted: 28 Oct 2012 07:31 AM PDT

Orange Caramel‘s Lizzy tweeted her thoughts on the conclusion of their successful promotions for “Lipstick” from their full-length album of the same title.

The singer updated her Twitter with the self-taken picture above and wrote, “We put on our last broadcast performance. Hehe. Bye ㅜㅜ. Thank you ♥♥♥…. I’m disappointed.”

After a little over a month of promotions, Orange Caramel concluded their final stage performance of “Lipstick” on the October 27th broadcast of MBC‘s ‘Music Core‘.

Lizzy will now be focusing on her acting as she has recently been confirmed to take on a role on the currently-airing MBC drama, ‘Rascal Sons‘.

YG Entertainment reveals countdown timer for Lee Hi’s debut

Posted: 28 Oct 2012 07:10 AM PDT

The countdown for ‘K-Pop Star‘ finalist Lee Hi‘s debut has begun!

Her agency YG Entertainment revealed a timer on their official blog that is counting down to October 29th, the release date of her debut track “1, 2, 3, 4“.

Through ‘K-Pop Star’, Lee Hi has proven to be a great singer by displaying her soulful and powerful vocals. Also, her teaser images, that showed a variety of different feelings, have made fans wonder how she might have changed through her training with YG.

YG’s CEO Yang Hyun Suk has been known for having artists such as Big Bang2NE1Psy, and Epik High who creates their own music that fits their unique styles. However, because Lee Hi is still a rookie, Yang Hyun Suk is personally leading all the decisions for her debut.

The music video director for 2NE1‘s “Lonely” and Big Bang’s “Blue” and “Monster“, Han Sa Min, will be directing Lee Hi’s music video and the investment made in her video is reportedly twice the amount of a generic music video!

Source: YG Official Blog

Shin Bong Sun promises to kiss Heo Kyung Hwan on ‘Happy Together’

Posted: 28 Oct 2012 01:32 AM PDT

Shin Bong Sun promised to kiss Heo Kyung Hwan on ‘Happy Together‘.

On the 25th, the ‘Happy Together’ panel asked guest Suzy what her most memorable kiss scene was. She chose her kiss scene with Kim Soo Hyun on ‘Dream High‘, confessing, “That was the last filming. That scene marked the end of all scenes. It was a sad scene, and the staff cried too.

To this, Shin Bong Sun replied, “I’ll kiss Heo Kyung Hwan on the last day of ‘Happy Together’.” Heo Kyung Hwan quickly replied, “I’ll quit a day before that“, causing everyone on set to laugh.

Source + Image: Newsen via Nate

Grab the Look: miss A’s “I Don’t Need A Man” on stage

Posted: 28 Oct 2012 12:45 AM PDT

Miss A has been garnering a lot of attention for their tough and mature look for their latest single, “I Don’t Need A Man“. Boasting a strong, yet very feminine image, miss A is taking the stage by storm with their confident styles. They donned one of these styles on the October 16th recording of their performance on MBC MUSIC’s Show Champion‘, which aired this past Tuesday, October 23. A ‘stage look’ that is adaptable for everyday wear, this bold skin-bearing ensemble is perfect for any casual occasion!

Here’s how we’ve re-created the look, so you can take it to the streets right off the stage:

1. Blazer, Forever21 $22.80 2. Crop Top, American Apparel $22 3. High-Waisted Shorts, American Apparel $40 4. Boots, zipia.net $38 5. Chain Necklace, Forever21 $6.80

Miss A flaunt their flat tummies in a fun, blue polka-dotted crop top paired with houndstooth-patterned high-waisted shorts. They finish the rather simple outfit with a blazer for an outer layer and buckled combat boots, while accessorizing with gold, chained jewelry.

On a tight budget? Try swapping the polka-dot and houndstooth patterns for solid colors! Instead of looking around for a taupe boyfriend blazer that’s harder to find in stores, sport a loose black blazer! You could even match the crop top and blazer with the pair of jeans or leggings you have laying around in your closet.

20121027_missAmin_gsconcert 20121025_missAsuzy_gsconcert 20121025_missAfei_gsconcert 20121025_missA_gsconcert 20121027_missA_gsconcert 20121027_missA_grabthelookcover

Tell us what you think! What do you think of miss A‘s latest look?

Sources: images as marked

Newlywed Kang Sung Yeon eagerly consumes frog legs on TV

Posted: 28 Oct 2012 12:02 AM PDT

Actress/MC Kang Sung Yeon has gained attention for eagerly eating frog legs for a program.

On the 28th at 11pm, Channel A’s ‘We are going to meet you‘ will air an episode featuring a North Korean defector who enjoys odd foods. Frog legs were prepared for the guest. MC Nam Hui Suk offered the fried frog legs to Kang Sung Yeon, however she refused by saying, “I’ve never eaten it before“.

However, giving into Nam Hui Suk’s persistent badgering, Kang Sung Yeon tasted the frog legs and was pleasantly surprised. She stated, “It’s very tasty and good“, showing a totally different attitude from before. Then even during the breaks she wouldn’t let go of the frog legs saying, “How did I not know about something this good?“.

‘We are going to meet you’ is a show featuring North Korean defectors and discussing the cultural differences between the North and South, trying to bring better understanding between the two countries.

Julien Kang snaps a friendly photo with a woman other than ‘We Got Married’ wife, Yoon Se Ah?

Posted: 27 Oct 2012 11:29 PM PDT

Julien Kang of MBC‘s ‘We Got Married‘ recently revealed a photo taken of himself and a woman other than his ‘wife’, Yoon Se Ah.

The mystery woman was revealed to be none other than actress Oh Seung Eun.

On the 25th, Julien Kang posted on his twitter saying, “After our management dinner with Seung Eun. Wishin all the best 2 her.“ In the photo, the two stars could be seen striking a friendly pose together.

Netizens responded to the photo with comments such as, “I’d believe it if they said they were a real couple“, “Aren’t they being a little too friendly?“, and “Yoon Se Ah might get jealous if she sees this photo“, showing their concern for the ‘We Got Married’ couple.

Meanwhile, actress Oh Seung Eun who had taken a break from the entertainment industry for her marriage and pregnancy, will resume her activities with the play ‘Scent of a Chrysanthemum‘ as her first project in three years.

Source + Image: OSEN via Nate, Julien Kang’s Twitter

John Park thinks perverted thoughts when he’s lonely?

Posted: 27 Oct 2012 10:57 PM PDT

John Park confessed that he thinks perverted thoughts when he’s lonely.

He was a guest on ‘Yoo Hee Yeol’s Sketchbook‘ on the 26th. During the interview, he revealed, “When I’m lonely, I think a lot of perverted thoughts.

MC Yoo Hee Yeol asked, “In detail, what do you think of?” John Park answered, “I think of women. Are you asking me which part of their body in detail?” and caused the audience to laugh.

YB Band & Leessang to hold joint concert, ‘DAKGONG’, in December

Posted: 27 Oct 2012 10:16 PM PDT

Rock group YB Band and hip hop duo Leessang have announced that they will be holding a joint concert entitled ‘DAKGONG‘ (‘Shut Up Performance’) in December.

Both groups are currently amidst preparations for the concert, which is scheduled to take place on December 23rd and 24th at Kyunghee University’s Peace Hall in Seoul.

Previous joint concerts, such as Kim Jang Hoon & Psy‘s ‘One Touch‘ and Song Dae Kwan & Tae Jin Ah‘s joint concert, have received much love from fans as it was a meeting between two artists who shared a similar style of music. However, the joint concert between YB Band and Leessang will be one that will have a combination of two different genres, rock and hip hop, emerging together.

Tickets for the concert will begin going on sale on October 29th.

Comedian Noh Hong Chul sheds tears opening up about his character on ‘Infinity Challenge’

Posted: 27 Oct 2012 09:39 PM PDT

On the most recent broadcast of part 2 of the 300th episode of ‘Infinity Challenge‘ , the members of the show took the time to open up about their inner feelings.

During his turn, Noh Hong Chul talked about the times he felt thanks towards his members. He began by saying, “I don’t know if it’s because I exerted so much energy in my 20′s, but recently I’ve been having a hard time with my health physically. Jae Suk hyung gifted me with good medicines for my deteriorating health. I really don’t like bitter things, but thinking about how all of the members are worrying about me, I ate them.

He stated, “I respect Myung Soo hyung because he tries to portray his [on-screen character] even in real life. He advised me, You have to practice during everyday life for your character to come out like an animal instinct’.” He continued, “Before, I would express my thanks to the members for their support by getting them gifts on special days. However, now I feel that I can’t even give gifts freely because I feel that the ‘character’ everyone expects of me will not live. I feel like those actions will throw off the other members and disrupt the show because it seems like I’m just being fake [on the show]. And I begin to think I wish I were just a swindler in real life.

It’s a pathetic thought. These are the people I’m most comfortable around. I can give gifts to other teams, but not this team. To the camera directors, the writers, Tae Ho hyung…“, and began tearing up while expressing his true feelings.

While crying, Noh Hong Chul continued, “It gave me the chills. It’s so cruel… I’m not this kind of person, and I can see the members thinking the same thing in their eyes. I couldn’t even tell my family about it because I thought it would disrupt my immersion into my character. I’m not one to do this [program] out of a sense of duty like the other members, I do it for fun, to enjoy the moment. The fact that I have these thoughts [when I do it for fun], scares me,” expressing his fear of drifting further from his true self.

Yoo Jae Suk empathized with his fellow member saying, “Hong Chul doesn’t have to say it out loud for all of us to know how hard he works for the show.

The touching moment begins at about 0:44:10

TEEN TOP spotted showing their support for designer Kwak Hyun Joo during ‘Seoul Fashion Week’

Posted: 27 Oct 2012 09:09 PM PDT

TEEN TOP were recently spotted attending fashion shows during the '2012 S/S Seoul Fashion Week' at the Yongsandong War Memorial.

TEEN TOP attended designer Kwak Hyun Joo‘s fashion show held on the 27th to show their support for the designer.

The photos show TEEN TOP sitting in the VIP guest area alongside KARA‘s Gyuri and actor Lee Jong Suk, and viewing Kwak Hyun Joo’s 2013 S/S collection. TEEN TOP also took a friendly snapshot with the designer backstage to show their support.

W Korea‘ fashion magazine also tweeted during the show, “The Teen Top members who are here for the Kwak Hyun Joo collection♥ The show venue becomes warm all of a sudden! A tweet for my selfish interest~”, revealing the positive response the group received during the show.

The '2012 S/S Seoul Fashion Week' started on October 22 and will conclude on the 28th.

Check out photos of TEEN TOP from the event below!

20121027_TEENTOP&Gyuri_SeoulFashionWeek1 teentopp1 teentopp teentopp2

Source: Newsen

Tip: badvolkan

K.Will thinks he may die on stage?

Posted: 27 Oct 2012 08:39 PM PDT

On the 27th, K.Will was a guest on ‘Yoo Hee Yeol’s Sketchbook‘. On the show, he confessed, “It’s so hard to do the high notes. It’s hard for me to sing my own songs.

He joked, “Rookies say that they want to end their life on stage, but I don’t think that’s very hard to do” and caused the audience to laugh. K.Will’s newest song “Please Don’t” as well as all of his past song include high notes that are impossible for regular singers to hit.

K.Will confessed, “The song that burdens me the most when I sing is my debut song “Left Heart“. The ad-lib in the bridge part reaches E on the 3rd octave.”

Check out his performances below! What do you think of his high notes?

miss A’s Suzy shows off her poppin’ dance moves on ‘Guerrilla Date’

Posted: 27 Oct 2012 08:07 PM PDT

miss A‘s Suzy showed off some of her dance moves on the October 27th edition of ‘Guerrilla Date‘ on KBS‘ ‘Entertainment Relay‘.

During the interview, reporter Kim Tae Jin played old clips of Fei‘s dancesport and Min‘s poppin’ dance which were aired in the past.

When asked whether she could also bust some moves, Suzy seemed hesitant at first, but then confidently replied, “Yes, I can. I’ll just give it a try.”

Check out their full interview below! (Suzy’s dance begins at around the 6:45 mark.)

Block B ranks #10 on the ‘Billboard World Albums Chart’

Posted: 27 Oct 2012 07:31 PM PDT

Block B has continued their impressive ‘NILLILI MAMBO‘ comeback by charting on the Billboard World Albums Chart.

On the recently revealed chart, Block B's album, 'BLOCKBUSTER', ranked tenth place on the chart. This is following the news of the boys ranking high on Korean charts.

This is the very first time Block B has ranked on the chart.  It also must be gratifying to the group after their recent hiatus and reflection period. The group joins a short list of popular Korean artists including, B.A.P, Jay Park, Taetiseo, 2NE1, etc who have also ranked on this chart.

Congratulations to Block B!

[Thanks to everyone who sent this in.]

‘Birth of A Great Star 3′ contestant Ahn Jae Man looks like SHINee’s Onew?

Posted: 27 Oct 2012 06:52 PM PDT

MBC‘s ‘Birth of A Great Star 3‘ contestant Ahn Jae Man recently captivated viewers with not only his talent, but also his visual similarities to SHINee‘s Onew.

On the October 26th broadcast of ‘Birth of A Great Star 3′, Ahn Jae Man sang an acoustic version of Michael Jackson‘s “Billie Jean” which swooned the hearts of both the judges and viewers with his soulful voice. The contestant also displayed his adorable ‘eye smile’ which had everyone on set shocked at how much he looks like Onew.

Ahn Jae Man introduced himself and shared, “I came up to live in Seoul by myself. I can’t afford the expensive tuition to learn music so I am currently working to earn money. I want to sing comfortably like others do, but working with my own strength to pursue music is satisfying.”

Ahn Jae Man was able to win the votes of judges Kim Yeon Woo and Kim So Hyun to advance to the next round. Judge Kim Tae Won also complimented the contestant on his talent stating, “You sound like you’re singing on behalf of Michael Jackson’s regretful heart.”

Check out Ahn Jae Man’s performance of “Billie Jean” below!

Source + image(s): Newsen via Nate

John Park discusses his struggle with adjusting to Korean culture differences

Posted: 27 Oct 2012 06:15 PM PDT

On the most recent episode of KBS 2TV‘s ‘Talk Show Do Dream‘, Superstar K2 runner-up John Park talked about his struggle with adjusting to Korean culture.

The singer who recently made a comeback with his digital single ‘Childlike‘ revealed on the show, “In the United States, everyone does ‘cheers’ only for the first round of drinks and continues to drink individually. But because the drinking culture is different in Korea, at one point I was misunderstood for having bad manners.

He continued, “When I would get a bit more touchy as I would do so naturally with my female friends back in the U.S., people would misunderstand me as a player. After being taken in the wrong way, I would second guess myself when I wanted to give someone a friendly hug and think ‘should I or should I not’, and as a result the atmosphere would just get awkward.

Another aspect of Korean culture that John Park struggled with was the language. The singer explained, “Whether I’m on broadcast or meeting up with people, I can’t fully express my inner thoughts and feelings.

Because of the language barrier and the misunderstandings with his actions, the singer’s vibrant personality he once had while living in the U.S. is slowly becoming more quiet and closed-off and consequently, he has become somewhat fearful of developing relationships with people.

What do you think about the struggle of stars who come to Korea to pursue their dreams, but face severe culture shock?

Source + Image: TVDaily via Nate

Lee Hi releases fourth teaser photo

Posted: 27 Oct 2012 05:41 PM PDT

With only one day to go until the release of her debut single, Lee Hi is continuing the countdown to her debut with the release of a fourth teaser photo.

As mentioned earlier, the singer's debut single is titled "1,2,3,4", and will be released as planned on October 29th.

"1,2,3,4″, produced by CHOICE37 and Lydia and written with the help of Masta Wu, will be a song that takes Lee Hi completely out of the musical style and image that we have come to expect from her, and will be one that brings out her undiscovered charms.

Now that all four image teasers have been released, which is your favorite?

Stay tuned for the release of her next teaser!

Eun Ji Won helps travel agency KRT gain a 300% increase in sales

Posted: 27 Oct 2012 05:22 PM PDT

Eun Ji Won is currently active as an endorsement model for the travel agency, KRT, and it has been reported that he has helped the travel agency to gain an impressive 300% growth rate in annual revenue.

KRT confirmed on the 26th, “Eun Ji Won endorsed the marketing of our latest vacation travel goods and the results are definitely noticeable.  Since Eun Ji Won began modeling for our vacation advertisements in August, sales increased by 300% and the staff count increased from 9 to 25 employees, increasing almost 3 times [the original].”

Thanks to the ‘Eun Ji Won Effect’, the agency’s annual revenue recently spiked up to $91 million USD. Through '1 Night 2 Days‘, Eun Ji Won had developed an image centered around all things travel-related, which boosted the agency’s brand value especially among consumers in their 20s and 30s who travel abroad.

Eun Ji Won is currently starring in tvN‘s new variety show, ‘Three Idiots‘, alongside Kim Jong Min and Lee Soo Geun.