Tuesday, October 30, 2012

"Park Go Eun reveals the hard work her young sister Park Bom put in to become a singer" plus 19 more

Posted: 30 Oct 2012 09:06 AM PDT

Park Bom‘s older sister Park Go Eun revealed the hard work put in by Park Bom on tvN‘s “Baek Ji Yeon’s People Inside“.

On the show, Park Go Eun stated, “When my sister said she was debuting as a member of 2NE1, I didn’t think much about it, but I know how much she cried. She put in so much work and became a singer after failing 5 auditions. When she stood on stage, she looked great. When I see her on stage, I realize how good she is more so than when she sings at home. I guess the reason for that is because she’s my sister.

Park Go Eun received attention in the past for being an excellent cellist, and she featured in Kim Nam Gil‘s new movie ‘Ensemble‘.

YoonA’s handwritten letters gain attention

Posted: 30 Oct 2012 08:36 AM PDT

Handwritten letters from Girls’ Generation‘s YoonA has become a hot issue.

Two letters, one directed to the staff of ‘Love Rain‘ and the other to her fans before Girl’s Generation’s first concert were uploaded online. Both letters feature her own handwriting and display her caring heart.

In the letter she wrote to the ‘Love Rain’ staff, she wrote,

Everyone worked so hard, and I’m thankful to each and every one of you. Thank you so much for helping Hana (YoonA) come out so nice on the screen. We should have gotten closer earlier so we could have talked more and spent more time together.. I’m sad. I was happy to meet such great people. Thank you for all your hard work and always take care of your health.

The second letter was to her fans before Girls’ Generation’s first concert, which read,

Right now it’s~ Girl’s Generation! Finally! Girls’ Generation’s first concert that we’ve dreamed about is tomorrow~!! I’ve been anticipating the pink waves since I was practicing, and I hope my heart doesn’t burst tomorrow…keke. I got all the choreography wrong while we were practicing because I was so nervous.. If I make a mistake, you have to just let it go!! ^^ Kyaa~ It’s already tomorrow. ♥ My lovely S♡NE, let’s meet in a bit~! To me, S♡NE is… the! best! person ♡ ^^

Fans commented on how caring she was, and how her beautiful handwriting seemed to match her beautiful heart.

Ga In reveals her mother’s reaction to 19+ “Bloom” MV on ‘Strong Heart’

Posted: 30 Oct 2012 08:07 AM PDT

It seems as though Ga In‘s mother wasn’t too happy after viewing the music video for “Bloom“.

Ga In was a guest on a recent episode of ‘Strong Heart‘ and on the show she revealed, “Up until now, we [Brown Eyed Girls] received so many 19+ ratings on things and we didn’t understand the reason why, so this time, we decided to just express as much as we wanted and aimed for a ’26+ rating’.

After I showed my mom our MV for ‘Abracadabra‘, which also received a high rating, she told me to become bolder. So I did, but after [showing her the MV for 'Bloom'], my mom was speechless. Her face gradually became stiffer and she just left the room.

Others who guested on this episode were Ji Sung, Kim So Yeon, Lee Yoon Ji, Song Jong Kook, Jewelry‘s Yewon, A Pink‘s Eunji, and more.

Past photos of Big Bang’s G-Dragon during school days become hot topic

Posted: 30 Oct 2012 07:30 AM PDT

Past photos of Big Bang‘s G-Dragon have become a hot topic online.

Recently, photos titled “G-Dragon, middle-high school days” surfaced online, and they’ve gathered a lot of attention from fans and netizens.

The Big Bang leader seems to have been popular even back then as he’s surrounded by friends and classmates in the photos. His trademark charisma and playful smile  as well as his different “uniform looks” were also noticed by fans.

Netizens commented, “He seems to have gotten along with male and female friends!”, “Young G-Dragon looks so innocent and mischievous”, “He seems completely different than the current G-Dragon”, and “Seems like he was a nice kid”.

Who Wore it Better: Bora vs. Hara

Posted: 30 Oct 2012 07:13 AM PDT

On August 5th’s ‘Inkigayo performance of “Loving U“, SISTAR‘s Bora wore fleamadonna‘s love unbalance shirt with pink hot pants and pastel, pink accessories.

In the PV for “Secret Love“, KARA‘s Hara wore the same shirt with pink capris, yellow rubber boots, and lots of costume jewelry. She also wore her hair up in loopy buns.

Both girls look super cute, but who wore it better? Cast your vote in the poll, and let us know in the comments why you voted that way!

Soul Star to hold free concert for “Baby You” release

Posted: 30 Oct 2012 06:56 AM PDT

Soul Star have announced announced that they will be holding a free concert for the release of their newest digital single, “Baby You” (feat. C-Real's Ann J.).

As previously reported, “Baby You” is a companion single to last month's release, "Gangnam Station Exit 10“. The R&B vocal group plans to release a new digital single every month.

The upcoming concert, ‘Soul Star Concert in the City‘, will be held on the 31st at 7PM KST at Platoon Kunsthalle in Seoul.

Agency NAP Entertainment commented, “At the ‘Soul Star Concert in the City’, Soul Star plan to perform ‘Baby You’ live for the first time. With emotional songs that match the fall weather as well as various surprise events, it’ll be a chance for them to get closer to the public.”

2PM’s Taecyeon transforms into ‘The King of Fighters’ character?

Posted: 30 Oct 2012 06:36 AM PDT

2PM‘s Taecyeon has made another transformation!

The idol joked that his new hairstyle reminds him of Iori from the fighting game ‘The King of Fighters‘. Taecyeon tweeted on the 30th, “This time, Ok Taecyeon is Iori from ‘King of Fighters’. Kekeke. Which character will my next hairstyle remind you of?? Kekeke.”

The 2PM member also posted a photo with the character, making it apparent that his new, red hairstyle does make him bear a resemblance to the video game character.

It seems fans weren’t too fond of the change, however. They commented, “Burn your hair. Haha”, “I don’t like your new hair T.T”, and “‘King of Fighters’ flashback. Where are your flaming chains?”. 2AM‘s Seulong also responded, “This looks kind of good Keke.”

How do you like Taecyeon’s new look?

Tip: Paula

Heenain releases “You’re a Jerk” MV + orchestra version

Posted: 30 Oct 2012 06:11 AM PDT

Neuron Music solo artist Heenain has returned with “You’re a Jerk“.

After showing her talent in “1, 2, 3“, “Loving You“, and “I’m OK“, Heenain has returned with “You’re a Jerk” (“Bad Man”, “Bad”), a message about a romantic relationship that ended in betrayal.

The hybrid R&B song is composed by Donnie J, while Heenain herself and 1sagain wrote the lyrics. She also participated in the cover design for her album as well as the music video for the song.

Check out the MV as well as a newly released ‘orchestra version’ below!

Orchestra version:

Park Jung Min denies dating designer Song Hye Myung

Posted: 30 Oct 2012 05:44 AM PDT

Park Jung Min of SS501 has denied dating designer Song Hye Myung, who made Facebook posts about their alleged breakup.

A representative stated on the 30th, “Though the two do know each other, the rumor that they’ve dated is 100% false.” According to Park Jung Min’s agency, Song Hye Myung participated in the clothing concept for SS501′s ‘Destination‘ album as well as Park Jung Min’s music video for his Japanese project, ‘ROMEO‘.

The agency stated, “Though it’s possible that they had chances to be alone together for business reasons like staff meetings, outings, and clothing fittings, they’ve never met for personal reasons… Park Jung Min said, ‘I’m okay. Let’s not worry about it, and prepare for my comeback in November. I didn’t think what she said was that important, and I didn’t know things would get this out of hand.’”

Park Jung Min stated in a phone call with his agency, “There’s no reason to disappoint my fans. I believe they’ll cheer me on. The fans are extremely well informed, and if I had done something to create a misunderstanding, they would know first. I’m fine, so I’ll stay quiet about the issue.”

Source: Star In
Tip: only501

Ram reveals sister T-ara Boram’s feelings on D-UNIT comeback

Posted: 30 Oct 2012 05:17 AM PDT

D-UNIT‘s Ram revealed that her older sister, T-ara‘s Boram, is worried about her comeback.

In an interview with OSEN on the 30th, Ram stated, “[D-UNIT] is making a comeback in November, and Boram unni is always telling me [things because she's worried]. Because unni thinks that the T-ara situation that occurred around my debut caused harm to me, she’s always feeling sorry about it.”

Ram went on, “Unni and I are only a year apart in age, so we fought growing up. However, because we now have the same profession and meet a lot, I’ve realized how important she is to me. These days, unni calls me first, and when practice gets difficult, she visits me even at the crack of dawn.”

In related news, D-UNIT is making a comeback on November 7 with their new single album, ‘Luv Me‘.

Source: Osen

Girl’s Day’s Sojin shocks fans with her ‘ant waist’

Posted: 30 Oct 2012 04:50 AM PDT

Girl’s Day‘s Sojin has captured the attention of her fans with her extremely small waist.

On October 30, the group’s manager updated Girl’s Day’s official Twitter page with the photo above and the message: “Sojin unnie’s waist size, which you all have been curious to know, is…. 22 inches… Isn’t she very thin? ㅠㅠ Ah… So jealous!!!!!!!! ㅠㅠㅠ.”

Sojin later responded, “Hello. This is Girl’s Day’s Park Ant :) Kekeke.” The photo has evoked comments like, “I’m so jealous~ [Her waist size] is smaller than my head“, “Unnie, you should gain some weight“, and more.

A representative of Dream Tea Entertainment stated, “Many fans have been curious to know Sojin’s weight and waist size, so they seem to have asked the group’s manager. We have heard that Sojin is the type who doesn’t gain weight easily.”

Girl’s Day is currently busy promoting their latest title track “Don’t Forget Me off of their 5th single album, 'Girl's Day Party #5′.

In related news, other female idol members who have been revealed to have similar waist sizes are KARA‘s Hara4minute‘s HyunA, and Girls’ Generation‘s Yuri.

TEEN TOP’s Niel prefers After School’s UEE over Lizzy?

Posted: 30 Oct 2012 04:26 AM PDT

TEEN TOP‘s Niel, who is known as a huge fan of Orange Caramel‘s Lizzy, revealed he prefers After School‘s UEE.

Orange Caramel appeared as guests for the October 31st episode of MBC Every1‘s ‘Weekly Idol‘, where they participated in a ‘hanwoo beef’ segment. Depending on the missions they completed, the members of Orange Caramel were treated to a piece of premium Korean beef.

The show called Niel of TEEN TOP, who stated over the phone, “Among the After School members, I like Lizzy nuna and her cute dialect the most.” However, when hosts Defconn and Jung Hyung Don asked how she ranked in terms of appearance, he answered, “Honestly, she’s third place in terms of looks.”

Niel then added that After School’s UEE is the best looking member of the group.

This episode of ‘Weekly Idol’ will broadcast on the 31st at 6PM KST.

Tip: S.Lee

A Pink’s Eunji reveals her CEO was angry after ‘Reply 1997′ kiss scene with Seo In Guk

Posted: 30 Oct 2012 04:01 AM PDT

A Pink‘s Eunji revealed her CEO’s reaction to her kiss scene with ‘Reply 1997‘ co-star Seo In Guk.

During filming for the October 30th episode of ‘Strong Heart’, Eunji stated, “A lot of people were in shock after my kiss scene with Seo In Guk.

Eunji’s parents, who were overseas, and her CEO called her as soon as the scene was aired. She stated, “The agency’s head was angry about the fact that the kiss didn’t seem like my first one. To be honest, it wasn’t my first kiss.

Other stars who appeared as guests include Yoo Ha Joon, Ji Sung, Kim So Yeon, Lee Yoon Ji, Ga In, Jewelry‘s Yewon, and more.

Big Bang Taeyang’s brother Dong Hyun Bae to make theater debut in ‘The Scent of Love’

Posted: 30 Oct 2012 03:35 AM PDT

Big Bang Taeyang‘s older brother, actor Dong Hyun Bae, will be making his theater debut in ‘The Scent of Love‘.

Dong Hyun Bae has been cast as the “multi-man”, who appears as 9 different characters, including a radio DJ, doctor, husband, producer, audition contestant, and grandfather. ‘The Scent of Love’ is a play about love and loss based on the novel of the same name. The film of the same title was also based on the same book.

The actor commented, “I’ve had good experiences on the screen and television until now, and I’m happy to meet the audience in a new genre, theater. There’s less than a week until the play starts, but I’m happy to feel pressure to work hard and focus. I’m already getting nervous thinking about meeting the audience.”

‘The Scent of Love’ will be held at NH Art Hall in Seodaemoon, Seoul on November 3 until December 30 KST.

‘The Romantic & Idol’ reveals first teaser video

Posted: 30 Oct 2012 03:10 AM PDT

tvN‘s upcoming ‘love variety’ show ‘The Romantic & Idol‘ has released its first teaser video!

'The Romantic', which featured non-celebrity bachelors and bachelorettes previously, has decided to air a spin-off, 'The Romantic & Idol', for its third season. The eight idols to feature on the show- 2PM's Jun.K, 4minute's Jihyun, MBLAQ's MirZE:A's HyungsikJJ Project's JBRainbow's Seung AhFIESTAR's Jei, and AOA's Hyejeong - wrapped up filming earlier this month on Jeju Island.

The premiere of 'The Romantic & Idol' will air on November 11 at 10PM KST.

Watch the first teaser video below!

Tip: Paula

miss A’s Suzy dresses in leather for ‘Canon’

Posted: 30 Oct 2012 02:45 AM PDT

Suzy flaunted her sexy side for Canon cameras. The miss A member was recently chosen as the brand’s newest endorsement model.

Though the idol has shown plenty of her cute, innocent charms in previous photo shoots and commercials, this time around, Suzy dressed in tight black leather, showing off her long legs and pulling a sensual face for the camera.

Suzy’s long, wavy hair was let down naturally, and she wore a loose, white button-up on top of black leather pants. She had foregone her usual happy, bright image for a more mature one, introducing fans to a different side of her.

How does Suzy look in leather?

Kahi promises to visit Mighty Mouth’s Sangchu during his army service

Posted: 30 Oct 2012 02:21 AM PDT

Kahi promised that she would visit her good friend, Mighty Mouth‘s Sangchu, in the army.

The singer tweeted on the 30th, “Goodbye Sangchu! You’ll do fine in the army. Fighting! I’ll take kimbap and go visit you. Be healthy. Haha,” along with a photo of the two friends.

Sangchu’s short hair also attracted attention as it was cut short for his enlistment.

Netizens who came across the photo commented, “The two look so friendly“, “Kahi’s the noona… But Sangchu looks like the oppa“, “I hope Kahi comes back soon and Sangchu has a good army service~“, and “Sangchu looks good even with short hair“.

Super Junior‘s Leeteuk and Sangchu enlisted on the same day at the same location.

Goo Hye Sun shares she ate ground-up rocks as a child on ‘Come to Play’

Posted: 30 Oct 2012 01:55 AM PDT

Goo Hye Sun shared with viewers of ‘Come to Play‘ that she was taken to the hospital as a child after eating ground-up rocks.

During the October 29th episode, Goo Hye Sun’s childhood friends made a special appearance and shared some interesting stories about the actress.

Her close friend Kim Mi Yeon stated, “Hye Sun was very much a tomboy back in the day. Because her last name is Goo, we called her ‘Goodaegi’ (‘Maggot’).

She continued, “Maybe it was because of that [boyish] nickname, but Goo Hye Sun had a lot of bizarre qualities.

Goo Hye Sun explained, “I was very curious at the time, so I tried eating different things. One time, I was touching ground-up rocks and decided to chew on them. I remember being taken to the hospital  afterwards.

KARA’s Jiyoung and sister go on shopping date

Posted: 30 Oct 2012 01:30 AM PDT

KARA‘s Jiyoung went on a shopping date with her sister.

On October 29, Jiyoung tweeted, “I think she’s pretty, but she keeps on asking to be covered. My stubborn sister shopping-ping-ping.”

Along with the tweet, the KARA member shared a photo that has fans commenting about her as well as her sister’s beauty.

Netizens responded, “A beautiful face is the same for Jiyoung and her sister“, “Jiyoung’s big eyes are shaking the heart of an uncle fan“, and “Please share more selcas with your sister“.

Lee Seon Kyun reveals his true thoughts on ‘Golden Time’ drama

Posted: 30 Oct 2012 01:04 AM PDT

Actor Lee Seon Kyun revealed his true thoughts on the drama ‘Golden Time‘.

On October 28th’s airing of ‘Section TV‘, Lee Seon Kyun stated, “My manager’s clever strategy of getting this drama around the time I renewed an advertisement contract has been a huge strength.

The ‘Golden Time’ drama cast the actor in a different role than his usual romantic characters.

When asked what ‘Golden Time’ means to him, he answered, “‘Golden Time’ is blood and sweat.” He continued, “It is something I want to forget about soon, but as much as I want to forget about it, I don’t want to forget about it. It is an unforgettable drama.