Monday, October 29, 2012

"Super Junior’s Leeteuk models for one last photo shoot before his military enlistment + says “Goodbye”" plus 19 more

Posted: 29 Oct 2012 08:39 AM PDT

Super Junior‘s Leeteuk posed for a last photo shoot before his military enlistment.

Leeteuk participated in a photo shoot with ‘GEEK‘ for its December issue. It’s especially becoming a hot issue for containing the first shots of Leeteuk with his shaved hair.

During the photo shoot that took place on October 26th, Leeteuk brightened up the studio with his positive attitude. He playfully asked, “Can we do hair cutting a little slowly?” but once the hair styling started, he became serious and began his preparations.

Before the shoot, Leeteuk had also tweeted, “I’m shaving my hair now…and I’m thinking of this song.. a song I used to sing a lot when I was younger… ‘Shave Your Head’…… My look is made of hair… I’m ruined kkkkkkkk

Despite his worries, the staff on site complimented on his new hair style by saying, “It looks so good” and “I think you will look good doing promotions with a short hair style.

Leeteuk, also took to his Twitter to say “Goodbye“. He posted the photo below and wrote, “Making a promise for 21 months, Later..Good Bye..^^

Leeteuk will be enlisting in the army on October 30th as a serviceman on active duty. Although he was suffering from back disc problems since Super Junior’s big car accident in 2007, Leeteuk had a strong desire to serve on active duty and has been continuously receiving treatments to enlist in the military as planned.

Source: Leeteuk’s Twitter

AOA’s Seolhyun to play Jungshin’s girlfriend in ‘My Daughter Seoyoung’

Posted: 29 Oct 2012 08:05 AM PDT

AOA‘s Seolhyun has been cast in ‘My Daughter Seoyoung‘.

Seolhyun will be playing the role ofSeo Eun Soo, which will be the girlfriend of CNBLUE Jungshin.

On being cast for this role, she stated, “I’m really happy to be cast in ‘My Daughter Seoyoung’ because I watch it all the time. I worked really hard during the audition because I really wanted the role and I’m really happy because I got good results. I’m nervous because it’s my first drama, but I feel safe because I’ll be with Jungshin sunbaenim. He’s a big strength. I’m going to work hard and practice a lot.

On her character, she said, “She’s a fun and charming character. She’s got her own charming twist.

[Thanks to everyone who sent this in!]

Super Junior’s Siwon reveals what physical feature he looks for in a woman on ‘Section TV Entertainment Relay’

Posted: 29 Oct 2012 07:40 AM PDT

During his interview on the most recent episode of MBC‘s ‘Section TV Entertainment Relay‘, Super Junior‘s Siwon revealed what physical feature he looks for in a woman.

Choi Siwon stated, “My ideal type is a woman with big, pretty eyes. I’ve heard that people with big eyes that sparkle, have honest hearts.

In response to his statement the reporter said, “Your eyes sparkle too Siwon“, to which Siwon responded wittily, “It’s because I have an honest heart.

In addition during the interview, Choi Siwon was told that when ‘Section TV’ producers had asked about what kind of person Siwon was to the staff and others, the majority had replied, “He’s perfect.

Flattered, Choi Siwon replied, “As expected, I think MBC is the best. I love MBC too. It’s the culture television station,” cleverly using MBC’s signature jingle to respond to the praise.

Singer Fat Cat scores a shocking deal to debut in Japan

Posted: 29 Oct 2012 04:59 AM PDT

Singer Fat Cat has made an exceptionally good deal to debut in Japan, and will be carrying out her promotions in both Korea and Japan simultaneously.

On the 15th, Yoori Entertainment told allkpop, “Fat Cat has signed a 3 year contract with Japanese recording company JVC and management/production company Rainbow Entertainment for over 5 hundred million won (approximately $456,404)“.

Fat Cat made a powerful debut in September of 2011 with the song “Indifferent Love“, rising as a new star with her strong red hair and clock dance. She followed up with her second single, “Is Being Pretty Everything” and her third single, “Like a Dream“. However, due to a sudden onset of idiopathic edema, the singer stopped her promotions and focused on treatment.

A representative of the company stated, “During Fat Cat’s treatment, we were surprised to be contacted by Japanese representatives about signing a contract. After watching her promotions for her three albums and her treatment process, Japanese representatives continuously made love calls and proceeded with the contract process with confidence“.

Kurita Hide, the represenative of Rainbow Entertainment who will spear head Fat Cat’s Japanese debut, commented, “I saw not only the musical potential in Fat Cat, but also her potential as an actress and as a fashion leader. She showed the marks of being able to bloom into an amazing artist and of being loved by many people. I want to bring her up to become an amazing artist like BoA or YoonA. We will be preparing her not only for Japan but also for a global stage“.

Fat Cat will be leaving for Japan on the 31st to become oriented with Japanese culture.

Celebrities congratulate Actor Kang Dong Ho on making his MC debut

Posted: 29 Oct 2012 04:55 AM PDT

Song Joong Ki, Lee Yo Won, and many other top stars came out to cheer on actor Kang Dong Ho on his MC debut.

The stars sent congratulatory messages to the actor for becoming the solo MC of KT Olleh TV‘s ‘Movie Star Social Club‘.

‘Movie Star Social Club’ is a new type of movie program, where either the viewers send in a story and a movie is recommended, or a movie with a related story is introduced to the audience. The show promises to be a fresh movie program that places importance on the communication between the show and its viewers.

In related news, Kang Dong Ho is currently starring in KBS‘s ‘You Who Rolled in Unexpectedly‘. He is also starring in the musical ‘Finding Kim Jong Ook‘.

Super Junior’s Siwon & Psy snap photos with director Steven Spielberg

Posted: 29 Oct 2012 04:49 AM PDT

Super Junior‘s Siwon showed off his wide circle of celebrity friends with a photo snapped together with the world-famous film director, Steven Spielberg.

“With Steven Spielberg,” Siwon posted to his Twitter account. “Was a really great time.”

On the same day, Psy also posted a photo of himself taken with the legendary director:

Actress Lee Min Jung renews contract with MS Team Entertainment

Posted: 29 Oct 2012 04:22 AM PDT

After announcing that she’d be staying with her current agency in August, actress Lee Min Jung has finally renewed her contract with MS Team Entertainment.

The actress signed with the agency in 2008 and upon the nearing of the expiration date, Lee Min Jung went ahead and renewed her contract without any special discussions.

Lee Min Jung rose to fame in 2009 with her first drama project, ‘Boys Over Flowers‘, under MS Team Entertainment. She then starred in dramas like ‘Smile You‘, ‘Midas‘, ‘Big‘, and film ‘Cyrano Agency‘.

On the renewal of her contract, Lee Min Jung expressed, “MS Team Entertainment is an agency I’m grateful for and is also an agency that has helped me come to where I’m at now. Most importantly, the agency shows great affection for their actors and their management style allows them to focus on their works. Therefore, I have decided early on and have informed [MS Team Entertainment] my desire to continue to be with them.”

MS Team Entertainment also stated, “We are happy that she has decided to be with us again. We will continue to show support and help her so that she will be able to pursue a meaningful career as an actress.

G-Dragon singing in the rain in Malaysia?

Posted: 29 Oct 2012 03:45 AM PDT

Big Bang‘s G-Dragon pulled off a raincoat with swag.

On October 27th, G-Dragon tweeted, “Singing in the rain~~~let’s go Malaysia!” and shared the above picture.

The revealed picture shows G-Dragon looking fiercely at the camera wearing a raincoat, while standing in pouring rain.

After seeing the intense picture, fans commented, “Music video? Movie? What is this directed for?“, “A cheap rain coat that looked shabby when I wore it looks good when G-Dragon wears it“, and “Is there something going on in Malaysia? Anyways, so handsome, G-Dragon!

miss A’s Suzy slips and falls hard on ‘Gag Concert’!

Posted: 29 Oct 2012 03:17 AM PDT

On the most recent episode of KBS2Gag ConcertDiscoveries of Life‘, miss A‘s Suzy surprised the audience with her unexpected appearance on the show.

What surprised the audience even more however, was the singer’s huge fall while running excitedly on stage to make her appearance.

Everyone on stage including miss A and the comedians seemed shocked and caught off guard by the fall, as everyone rushed to help her up. Suzy got up smiling, shook it off and continued with her part on the show.

The singer stated, “I came on the show because I honestly wanted to clarify something. Our lips really didn’t touch, but everyone seems to misunderstand and think that they did. I wish to reenact the scene exactly as it happened”, and explained the kiss incident that had happened between her and another comedian on a previous episode of Gag Concert.

Meanwhile, miss A is currently busy promoting their newest song, “I Don’t Need A Man“.

See the unexpected fall starting at around 4:55!

Choi Siwon’s father receives backlash for Super Junior’s statements about his wealth on TV

Posted: 29 Oct 2012 03:11 AM PDT

On the October 28th broadcast of MBC‘s ‘Section TV Entertainment Relay‘, Choi Siwon revealed his father’s response to the topic of his family’s wealth that comes up a lot during broadcast.

Not long ago during Super Junior‘s appearance on ‘Golden Fishery-Radio Star‘, the members of the boy group had boasted about Siwon’s financial power. Member Leeteuk had gone as far as jokingly saying, “[Siwon] can even buy out MBC.

Regarding the issue Siwon stated, “When my father woke up the next morning he asked me, ‘What did you say on broadcast? This is the first time I’ve received so many text messages beginning at the brink of dawn’.

In reply to his statement the reporter asked, “Even if you can’t buy out MBC, can you buy all the flowers here?“, pointing to all of the flowers in the flower shop, in which the interview took place.

Choi Siwon responded to the question saying, “Do you think it would be just the flowers?“, causing a breakout of laughter on set.

INFINITE reveal their charms on Lee Soo Geun and Kim Byung Man’s High Society

Posted: 29 Oct 2012 03:03 AM PDT

On the most recent episode of JTBC‘s ‘Lee Soo Geun and Kim Byung Man’s High Society‘, INFINITE revealed their down-to-earth charms, much different than their charismatic appearance on stage.

INFINITE, who moved into a roof-top house next door to Lee Soo Geun and Kim Byung Man, waged a cute war of nerves with the two comedians.

At one point, when seeing Lee Soo Geun and Kim Byung Man frying and eating yellow corvina fish, they stated, “Let’s exchange the refrigerator [we won earlier] with the fish.” After their two neighbors left the vicinity, the members of INFINITE went into the room to steal some fish and rice.

During another part of the episode, member Sungyeol revealed, “At home we have a home theater system, but no TV“, and expressed his hopes of winning the high-quality LCD TV prize. Meanwhile, member Woohyun expressed his desire to become a fixed cast member for the show saying, “I love the roof-top house. I want to stay here longer.

Who Wore it Better: HyunA vs. Lizzy

Posted: 29 Oct 2012 01:32 AM PDT

This dress by Lucky Chouette (~$270 USD) has appeared on allkpop before, and remains a hot item.  On September 16, 4minute‘s HyunA wore the dress to a fansign, along with a bag by Hazzy’s (~$279 USD).

Lizzy of Orange Caramel and After School, recently wore the same dress to film an episode of ‘Rascal Sons‘.

So, who wore it better? Vote in the poll, and be sure to tell us why you voted that way in the comments!

HaHa apologizes to Byul on ‘Running Man’

Posted: 29 Oct 2012 01:25 AM PDT

HaHa apologized to his new wife, Byul, on the latest episode of ‘Running Man‘.

The comedian has many times expressed his excitement over his marriage. However, HaHa became conflicted on the latest episode, when miss A‘s Suzy was revealed to be one of the guests. Finally, when he couldn’t take it any longer, he blurted out, “I wish time could stop forever like this”.

He soon regretted it, however, thinking of the repercussions he would receive from Byul. Speaking to the camera, HaHa whispered, “I’m sorry, Go Eun [Byul's given name]. Suzy is okay, right?”

LUNAFLY release footage from live performance at Sweet Cafe in Hongdae

Posted: 29 Oct 2012 01:23 AM PDT

The three members of LUNAFLY held a live performance at Sweet Cafe in Hongdae on October 28th to the pleasant surprise of fans and customers.

The clips, shared through the group’s official YouTube channel just now, show the group belting out their songs “You Got That Something I Need” as well as “Price Tag” and “Super Hero“, while showcasing their talented skills with guitars and drums.

Check out their performance clips below!

HyunA reveals additional photos from ‘Melting’

Posted: 29 Oct 2012 01:19 AM PDT

HyunA has just unveiled additional photos!

HyunA's new mini-album is titled 'Melting' and she looks quite hot in these photos. To match her title track, "Ice Cream", you can see her actually enjoying ice cream. The catchy tune's music video has already garnered over 16 millions views in just under a week, and continues to rank high in charts everywhere.

Check out more photos of HyunA below!

20121029_hyuna_2 20121029_hyuna_3 20121029_hyuna_4 20121029_hyuna_5 201210129_hyuna_1

Super Junior’s Leeteuk struggles with sasaeng fans a day before his enlistment

Posted: 29 Oct 2012 01:16 AM PDT

It seems as though Super Junior‘s Leeteuk is struggling with his sasaeng fans even until the day prior to his enlistment on October 30th.

On October 29th, the singer left two posts on his Twitter, writing, “Fans riding in sasaeng taxis continue to follow me up until the day before my enlistment… What should I do? They should’ve just left me alone for today…” and “I have nowhere to go.. ㅠㅠ I’ll be going home to move my belongings.”

Leeteuk will be enlisting on October 30th at the 306 reserve unit in Gyeonggi-do. The singer will take part in basic training for five weeks and will then serve the remaining 21 months as an active duty soldier.

Girls’ Generation’s Tiffany, YoonA, and Jessica’s ‘golden proportions’ amaze netizens

Posted: 29 Oct 2012 12:22 AM PDT

Girls’ Generation members Tiffany, YoonA, and Jessica amazed fans and netizens with their ‘golden proportions’ when a recent photo surfaced in an online community, titled, “Tiffany, YoonA, and Jessica’s unedited photo.”

The girls were featured in a photo shoot for the 2013 S/S collection of  ’G-STAR RAW Japan‘. The trio wore white shirts and black jeans, showcasing their amazing figures and evoking praise like, “Of course, it’s Girls’ Generation.”

Upon seeing the unedited photo, netizens commented, “Psh, editing! Girls’ Generation takes pictures and looks like that naturally“, “A skinny S-line and golden proportions, I’m jealous.”

In related news, Girls’ Generation will be releasing their sixth Japanese single, “Flower Power” on November 21st.

Big Bang releases encore footage at ‘Alive GALAXY Tour 2012′ concert in Malaysia

Posted: 28 Oct 2012 11:42 PM PDT

Big Bang have released footage from their encore performance in Malaysia for ‘Alive GALAXY Tour 2012‘.

According to Big Bang’s official YouTube, member Seungri shot the footage of themselves on stage with a Samsung Galaxy S III.

Check out the clip below!

The group also posted official photos from the concert as seen below. It looks like everyone had a great time despite the rain.
121028_bigbang_malaysia1 121028_bigbang_malaysia2 121028_bigbang_malaysia3 121028_bigbang_malaysia12 121028_bigbang_malaysia13 121028_bigbang_malaysia14 121028_bigbang_malaysia15 121028_bigbang_malaysia16 121028_bigbang_malaysia17 121028_bigbang_malaysia18 121028_bigbang_malaysia19

Orange Caramel releases ‘Let’s Dance’ tutorial video for “Lipstick”

Posted: 28 Oct 2012 11:16 PM PDT

After School sub-unit Orange Caramel recently concluded promotions for their first full length album 'Lipstick'. However, it seems the girls are not ready to put the album away just yet.

Earlier, the girls released ‘Let’s Dance‘ a tutorial video that explains the main choreography steps for their hit, “Lipstick“. Each move is described in detail to make it easy for anyone to learn the dance.

Learn the dance directly from Orange Caramel below, click the close-caption button for English subtitles:

Who Wore it Better: Lee Hyori vs. Sohee

Posted: 28 Oct 2012 11:06 PM PDT

It’s not often you see adult women wearing high pigtails, but these two lovely ladies are both rocking the look for fall magazines!

Wonder GirlsSohee wore hers for the November ‘CeCi Magazine

For the November issue of ‘Vogue Girl‘, Lee Hyori did her own take on high pigtails:

So, who wore their high pigtails better? Cast your vote in our poll, and be sure to tell us why you voted that way in the comments!