Friday, October 19, 2012

"T-ara's Dani poses with their Gold award for "Jewelry Box"" plus 24 more

"T-ara's Dani poses with their Gold award for "Jewelry Box"" plus 24 more

T-ara's Dani poses with their Gold award for "Jewelry Box"

Posted: 19 Oct 2012 08:50 AM PDT

T-ara's Dani, who has yet to debut, posed with a Japan Golden Disk trophy that they received.

T-ara received the Gold award after their Japanese debut album "Jewelry Box" sold more than 100,000 copies since being released. Girls' Generation also received the same award at the same time.

T-ara's member's received the award and passed it on to the new maknae Dani. It will help give encouragement to Dani to prepare for her debut. Dani said, "Receiving the valuable gift and trophy from my unnies made me glad. I'd like to present a wonderful stage with my T-ara unnies in 2013."

T-ara departed for Okinawa on the 18th for a "K-POP Concert" and fashion show and will return through Incheon International Airport on the 21st at 11:20 AM. T-ara will focus on promoting "Sexy Love" in Japan beginning on November 10th until the end of November.

T-ara is the first Korean girl group to have their debut Japanese album "Bo Peep Bo Peep" rank #1 on the Oricon Daily and Oricon Weekly charts after being released.

Translated by: Nathaniel @ Diadem

How did Immortal Song make Shin Joonghyun feel Moved

Posted: 19 Oct 2012 08:20 AM PDT

Five top female singers appeared on the show including Sistar's Hyorin who received attention in her first appearance on Immortal Song, the mistress of the house, Ali, Davichi's Kang Minkyung, Lyn and Ailee. The line-up also included talented male singers such as 4men's Shin Yongjae, Brown Eyed Soul's Sunghoon, Kim Taewoo, Park Jaebum, Sweet Sorrow, No Brain and Super Junior's Ryeowook.

Park Jaebum and Ryeowook sang "The Woman in the rain" and "I You," respectively giving grand performances.

Ryeowook revealed that he came to have a new mindset as he was preparing for this performance. He made Shin Joonghyun feel pleased when he said, "I really learned a lot as I was preparing for it. Despite the fact that I've been singing as a singer for 8 years, I realized that I'm still lacking. I hope to grow more as a singer starting with this performance. Please watch me."

Source: OSEN
Translated by Minnie @ SUJUISM.BLOGSPOT.COM

10cm to hold concert for 2nd album release

Posted: 19 Oct 2012 07:50 AM PDT

Indie band 10cm will be holding a concert to commemorate the release of its second album.

According to their agency, Ten Music, 10cm will hold a solo concert titled 'Fine Thank You and You?' at the Olympic Park′s Gymnastics Stadium in Seoul on February 23, 2013, which seats 10,000 people. They added that the upcoming concert is to commemorate the release of 10cm's second effort "2.0".

Composed of vocalist Kwon Jung Yeol and guitarist Yoon Chul Jong, 10cm debuted in Hongdae in 2009 and has been rising in popularity with their signature acoustic sound.

Meanwhile, tickets to the concert will go on sale online starting on November 1.

Park Myung Soo and Jung Yeop to release duet track

Posted: 19 Oct 2012 07:30 AM PDT

Comedian Park Myung Soo and Brown Eyed Soul's Jung Yeob will be making a music together.

It has been announced that Park Myung Soo and Jung Yeop will be releasing a ballad duet together later this month. The two recently finished recording the track which was composed and written by Ecobridge and Jung Yeop.

Especially, Park Myung Soo's new track will be a high quality track, instead of some fun and comic track that singers and comedians usually release together, to further prove himself as a true musician.

Netizens commented, "Never expected them singing together", "I wonder how the song will sound like" and "I can't wait for it!"

Source: StarN News

2NE1’s Park Bom to join Epik High on ‘Inkigayo’

Posted: 19 Oct 2012 07:10 AM PDT

It has been revealed that 2NE1's Park Bom will be performing with Epik High for their comeback stage on the October 21st episode of 'Inkigayo'.

According to YG Entertainment, "We've decided to have Park Bom join Epik High's first comeback stage on 'Inkigayo'. Please look forward to Park Bom and Epik High's special stage this weekend."

Park Bom was featured in "Up", on of the Epik High's title tracks from their 7th album '99' which was released on October 19th. The song is a combination of Old school Hip Hop and Rock, and a unique 'power-combi' work done by the labelmates.

Are you excited for their joint stage?

2PM, 4minute, MBLAQ and more cast in ‘The Romantic & Idol’

Posted: 19 Oct 2012 06:50 AM PDT

A number of idol stars have been confirmed for tvN's upcoming dating show 'The Romantic & Idol'.

According to tvN, a total of eight idol stars will be going on dates including 2PM's Jun.K, 4minute's Jihyun, MBLAQ's Mir as well as ZE:A's Hyungsik, JJ Project's JB, Rainbow's Seung Ah, FIESTAR's Jei, and AOA's Hyejeong.

'The Romantic & Idol' is a spin-off of the dating show 'The Romantic' and will feature idol stars this time. This spin off will be directed by Lee Myung Han PD and 'Reply 1997' writer Lee Woo Jung.

The eight idols already finished recording on Jeju Island where they held a number of activities like romantic dates, going to the market and even cooked together.

Moon Geun Young appears in animal costume for ‘Cheongdamdong Alice’

Posted: 19 Oct 2012 06:34 AM PDT

Actress Moon Geun Young was recently spotted wearing animal costume.

On October 19, several pictures of the first shooting for SBS' upcoming series, 'Cheongdamdong Alice', have surfaced on an online community board. The pictures showed Moon Geun Young sitting on the ground while wearing a big, white animal costume.

Despite being exhausted due to the long-hour outdoor shooting, the actress still managed look beautiful as she brightly smiles at the camera. It is also said that as soon as Moon Geun Young took off the costume, the crowd flocked around her and she became a center of attention.

Moon Geun Young will be playing the role of Han Se Kyung in the new drama 'Cheongdamdong Alice'. This will mark her comeback in two years as she has been taking a long break from acting in the small screen after starring in 'Marry Me, Mary' in 2010.

miss A & f(x)'s Amber "Don't Need A Man"

Posted: 19 Oct 2012 06:12 AM PDT

miss A and f(x)'s Amber promote miss A's new song "I Don't Need A Man".

Suzy updated her Twitter on the 19th of October,she mentioned,"Music Bank coming soon!Amb, Tiff thank you for coming.We say"

miss A's members and Amber are seen wearing black and white t-shirts,the title of miss A's new song "Can Live Well Without Man (I Don't Need A Man)" is printed at the back of their t-shirts.

Fans commented,"Suzy is too cute","will stay in front of the TV for sure","miss A and Amber's friendship" and etc.

Meanwhile,Amber supported miss A's comeback on Twitter,she tweeted,"went to watch miss A's performance!Hwaiting!Can't Live Without miss A!Haha".

Photos Source: Suzy's Twitter

Lee Hwi Jae to become a father next year

Posted: 19 Oct 2012 06:10 AM PDT

Comedian Lee Hwi Jae will become a father early next year.

On October 19th, Lee Hwi Jae's agency announced, "Lee Hee Jae is becoming a father. His baby will come out early next year."

Lee Hwi Jae, who got married to Moon Jung Won in December 2010, revealed the news during the recent recording of MBC 'Quiz that Changes the World', which he is appearing as a MC. According to a staff member on set, the comedian couldn't hide his happiness and veryone sincerely congratulated him.

Meanwhile, Lee Hwi Jae is currently appearing on various TV show, including MBC 'Quiz that Changes the World' and SBS '1000 Songs'.

SHINee ranks #2 on Oricon’s weekly chart with “Dazzling Girl”

Posted: 19 Oct 2012 05:50 AM PDT

After rising to the number two spot on the Oricon's Daily Chart, SHINee's latest Japanese single "Dazzling Girl" maintained its success, ranking at #2 on the weekly chart.

According to the Oricon Chart's latest rankings for the week of October 8 through October 14, SHINee's "Dazzling Girl" has sold 97,111 copies for the week and ranked second on the chart. The group is just behind Fukuyama Masaharu and one spot ahead of Morning Musume.

Meanwhile, SHINee will hold a five-city tour event starting November 1 and will also hold fan meetings at the Osaka Castle Hall in Osaka and Makuhari Messe in Chiba in December.

CNBLUE’s Jungshin cuts his hair for ‘Elle Girl’ pictorial

Posted: 19 Oct 2012 05:30 AM PDT

CNBLUE bassist Lee Jungshin had his hair cut to showe a newly transformed self in a recent pictorial for fashion magazine, 'Elle Girl'.

Having the concept of 'A picnic in the middle of the night', Jungshin pulled off a chic and refined look as he dressed up in oversized winter tops. His short hair and dream-like facial expression drew a lot of attention.

In an accompanying interview, Jungshin shared his thoughts on his acting debut. He shared, "I want to make an appeal to the public as a member of CNBLUE and as a new actor."

Jungshin also talked about dating. He said, "I hate immature person, such as the kind that does luxurious shopping, who speaks low class words. And I hope my partner speaks less, so I myself can entertain her. One who listens to my story well, who is nice, a 'matured kid'."

The full pictorial and interview will be available through the November issue of the magazine.

Nichkhun to join 2PM at Shanghai concert

Posted: 19 Oct 2012 05:00 AM PDT

It has been revealed that Nichkhun will finally be joining the rest of 2PM members after suspending all activities since his DUI accident in July.

Nickhun recently ended his hiatus through MBC's volunteer TV program "2012 KOICA's Dream", and he will now be rejoining his members for their upcoming 'Live Tour in Shanghai – What time is it' concert, which will take place on November 17 at the Shanghai Mercedes Benz Arena Center.

Many fans are anticipating all 6 members to perform on the same stage again.

Busker Busker & Two Months release a cover of SHINee’s “Juliet”

Posted: 19 Oct 2012 04:40 AM PDT

Mnet's 'Superstar K3' finalists Busker Busker and Two Months are back to impress the fans by releasing a cover of SHINee's hit track, "Juliet".

The cover single will be included on Superstar K3's 'NEXT ELEVEN: Superstar K Season 3 Top 11' project called "A gift for you". The project features the Top 11 finalists of 'Superstar K3' covering various hit tracks.

Check out the cover below.

Big Star celebrates 100th day with handwritten letters

Posted: 19 Oct 2012 04:23 AM PDT

Brave Entertainment's new boy group Big Star, who recenly made a comeback with first mini album 'Blossom', is celebrating their 100th day since debut.

On October 19th, Big Star members left their own handwritten messages on the group's official fan café titled, 'BIG STAR's 100th day since debut! A message for our ONLY ONE' to commemorate the event.

Big Star debuted with first single 'Big Start' and title song "Hot Boy" back in July. Produced by the hitmaker Brave Brothers, Big Star is comprised by members FeelDog, BaRam, RaeHwan, SungHak and Jude.

AA releases bonus audio teaser for comeback

Posted: 19 Oct 2012 04:00 AM PDT

AA (Double A) has just released a bonus audio teaser for their upcoming album.

Earlier this month, AA's official fan cafe announced that they will release a series of teasers until their comeback. These teasers will be the preview for each of the songs that will be included in their comeback album.

Also, AA recently released the music video for "AGEHA Dance". The song was co-produced by Aoora & Frankie A, who were inspired by "AGEHA", the biggest dance club in Japan.

Check out the teaser below.

f(x)'s Sulli is back with her long hair?

Posted: 19 Oct 2012 03:48 AM PDT

f(x)'s Sulli updated her Me2day on 19th October with a lovely selca.

She said,"transformed into long hair "Jinri" when i was having a photoshoot yesterday".

She is seen posing coolly in her latest photo,fans are glad to see her back with long hair,although it's just a wig.

Fans commented,"Sulli is so gorgeous","she suits long hair better","feminine Sulli" and etc.

*Jinri is Sulli's real name

121019 Psy wins on Music Bank’s ‘K-Chart’ + Other Performances

Posted: 19 Oct 2012 03:40 AM PDT

KBS "Music Bank" is back this week full of amazing performances!

The October 19th episode of the show features a handful of debuts and comebacks. Indie band TOXIC kicked off their debut while miss A, Seo In Young, Ailee, Block B, BTOB made their respective comebacks.

Other performers tonight included TVXQ, Brown Eyed Girls' Ga-In, K.Will, Jewelry, FT Island, Navi, Big Star, 100%, CHAOS, RaNia, MR.MR, AOA, Gavy NJ, OFFROAD, A.Cian, 84LY and EXID.

And for the highlight of the show, Psy snagged another win on this week's 'K-Chart' with his latest track "Gangnam Style".

Congratulations Psy!

AOA

Gavy NJ

OFFROAD

A.Cian

84LY

EXID

Watch tonight's comeback and debut performance below:

TOXIC - "Lonely"
BTOB - "I Know Nothing But Love"
Block B - "NILLILI Mambo"
Ailee - "I Will Show You"
Seo In Young - "Let's Dance"
miss A - "I Don't Need A Man"

miss A is back with “I Don’t Need A Man” on ‘Music Bank’

Posted: 19 Oct 2012 03:43 AM PDT

miss A finally made its comeback with fifth project, 'Independent Women Pt 3' featuring the title track, "I Don't Need A Man". In a complete 180 transformation from their image in "Touch" from last February, the girls are back with a whole new attitude.

'Independent Women Pt 3' brings the flavor of Destiny's Child hit single 'Independent Women'. The title track "I Don't Need a Man" is a southern hip-hop song composed and written by Park Jin Young, and is dedicated to strong and independent women.

Though strongly inspired by Destiny Child's track, miss A's "I Don't Need A Man" proved to have a brighter and bubbly melody while managing to deliver the same message.

Check out their performance below.

Seo In Young discos with “Let’s Dance” on ‘Music Bank’

Posted: 19 Oct 2012 03:20 AM PDT

After the short promotions for "Anymore", Seo In Young brings back unrelenting intensity to the stage with her second solo single "Let's Dance".

"Let's Dance" is a cross-genre mixed with electronic and disco, and exudes the feeling of alternative music style of the 1980s. The song, which was released online on October 18th, was created by DJ Soulscape.

Seo In Young previously ranked first places on the music charts with first digital single "Anymore". The singer is currently aiming for another success with her new single, "Let's Dance".

Watch her comeback performance on 'Music Bank'.

BTOB follows up with “I Know Nothing But Love” on ‘Music Bank’

Posted: 19 Oct 2012 03:15 AM PDT

Rookie group BTOB, who displayed powerful performances with their New Jack Swing sound, wrapped up their promotions for "WOW", and will continue to impress the fans with follow-up track, "I Know Nothing But Love".

"I Know Nothing But Love" is included on the group's latest album, 'Press Play'. The song features a retro vibe and has a different vibe from "WOW" which will show a new side of BTOB.

Check out their performance below!

Block B dances to “NILLILI Mambo” on ‘Music Bank’

Posted: 19 Oct 2012 03:04 AM PDT

Hip hop group Block B is back, armed with the most attitude and confidence we've seen from them yet.

On October 17th, Block B has finally released their comeback first full-length album 'Blockbuster' and the full music video for comeback title track, "NILILI Mambo". Known for their unique and stylish concepts since debut, the group is back with a pirate concept this time.

The leader Zico is said to have wrote the lyrics and composed the addictive Hip-Hop style title song "Nilili Mambo".

Returning onto broadcasts after 8 months, Block B hit the stage on the October 19th episode of KBS 'Music Bank'. Check out their performance below.

Ailee returns with “I Will Show You” on ‘Music Bank’

Posted: 19 Oct 2012 03:02 AM PDT

After being on a musical hiatus for awhile, rookie singer Ailee is finally back with first mini album 'Invitation' and title track, "I Will Show You".

"I Will Show You" was composed by the best combination songwriters Kim Do Hoon and Lee Hyun Seung (ITOMY) and written by Kang Eun Kyung. It attracts the listeners with an easy, addictive melody and powerful, emotional voice of Ailee.

Ailee is one of the promising singers in the music scene known for her strong pipe. She even gained the nickname "Korea's Beyonce" through her strong performance skills unlike a rookie star that just stepped into the limelight.

Watch her comeback performance below.

TOXIC debuts with “Lonely” on ‘Music Bank’

Posted: 19 Oct 2012 03:01 AM PDT

Indie band TOXIC, who is the winner of KBS audition program 'Top Band', is finally making its official debut with first mini album, 'First Bridge'.

Released online on October 12th, 'First Bridge' consists of six tracks including the title song, "Lonely", as well as "Get Out", "tired!!", "No More", a remix version of "Get Out" and an instrumental version of the title song.

Showcasing the band's unique charms and talents, TOXIC hit the stage of this week's 'Music Bank' and delivered an amazing performance for the fans.

JUNO mentioned Junsu in his interview

Posted: 19 Oct 2012 03:00 AM PDT

My twin brother Junsu is manlier than me.

Q. You have said that your twin brother gave you many kinds of advice when you just debuted but what about recently?
Recently, we have a lot of personal talks so he doesn't give me much advice as a singer. It might be because I have debuted as a singer for a while and I think my younger brother also trusts me so he doesn't give me advice anymore.

However, lately when I returned to Korea, he gave me some advice for the first time in a long while after watching the PVs of 'SEDUCTION' and 'That hair, that finger, that lips…'

On top of that, since the atmosphere of the PVs is very different from what I've done before so he told me that he really liked both of them. Because Junsu is very attentive in details when it comes to singer's activities, he rarely gives compliments so that was enough to make me happy (laugh).

Q. I've heard that you and Junsu-ssi talk over the phone everyday, is it true?
I call Junsu but he doesn't like to chat over the phone that much. On the contrary, whenever we do the same thing, or if we do something we both enjoy together, he always calls me (laugh). He calls me more often than I call him. That is one of Junsu's personalities. These days, we often play games together so although he is busy, he calls me every day (laugh). He calls to tell me I should play like this, like that.

Q. What about the similarities and differences between you and your twin brother?
The similarity between us is that… we enjoy our hobby altogether so it's really fun. We both really like sports and games, we get on very well. I think there are many kinds of difference between us (laugh). Junsu's Japanese is better than mine, he is also manlier than me. If he thinks "This is unusual (This is wrong)", he will certainly say "No" right away. For me, I would think I might affect other people if I talk too straightforwardly so I usually talk in a roundabout manner.

Moreover, I am a type of person that can be close to anyone right away but Junsu is selective in making friends (laugh). If he thinks "We are too different", it will be a pass for him. However, he is a type who will do everything for the people he likes.

Q. What do you gain and loss for being twins?
There are not many privileges for being twins. As fraternal twins, our faces are different and I have always been taller than Junsu by 5~10 cm ever since we were young so naturally, we don't feel like we are twins very much. Since early times, our mother also told my younger brother to call me 'Hyung' (T/N: Older brother) so I was called like that ever since.
On the contrary, other people never believe us when we say "We are twins". A grandpa who doesn't know us once responded "Children shouldn't lie". Although we told him we were telling the truth, he didn't believe us.

All 4 people in our family are chatterboxes

Q. JUNO-ssi, how do you behave when you are with your friends?
I will become a chatterbox. I don't like oppressive atmosphere so I just want to have fun with my friends when I meet them. Therefore, when I meet someone for the first time, if it is a quiet person, I will start a conversation first. I really don't build any wall around myself.

Q. So are you talkative when you are with your family?
Our family does talk a lot (laugh). Our father and my younger brother are the ones who talk the most in our family, especially when there are just 4 of us together. However, what my father and my younger brother take interest in is very different from mine and our mother's. When my father and my brother talk, my mother and I don't feel interested at all and our reaction is just like "―Yeah". After they have talked for such a long while and finally we get to talk a bit, they would be like "Hey, it's time to sleep" so we would react "Huh―, how come?" (laugh).

In conclusion, because we are all so talkative, I don't get to talk that much at home (bitter smile).

Source: DC Gall
Translated by: XIAworld

Epik High releases ’99’ album + “UP” & “Don’t Hate Me” MV

Posted: 19 Oct 2012 02:55 AM PDT

Epik High finally made their highly-awaited comeback to the music scene!

On October 19th, Epik High released 7th album, '99' as well as the full music videos for two title tracks, "UP" and "Don't Hate Me".

"UP" is a combination of Old school Hip Hop and Rock, and a unique 'power-combi' work done by the collaboration of Epik High and Park Bom from 2NE1. While "Don't Hate Me" is a song that represents brave outsiders through Alternative Rock, as well as is the double title song promoting 'Anti-Hate' campaign.

Epik High named the album '99' because the members madly love number '9', the album includes 9 songs with various styles (plus one short tune), the title embraces the meaning of the music of "99% people, not upper 1%" and Epik High is celebrating their 9th year anniversary since debut.

The album also marks Epik High's new start with YG Entertainment, and the members collaborated with YG producers Choice 37, Choi Pil Kang and DEE.P.

Check out the MVs below!