Thursday, November 29, 2012

"Columnist of Turkish Newspaper Hürriyet wrote about Korea and JYJ" plus 24 more

Columnist of Turkish Newspaper Hürriyet wrote about Korea and JYJ

Posted: 29 Nov 2012 07:55 AM PST

Note: Cengiz Semercioğlu is a columnist at one of the biggest Turkish newspaper Hürriyet and he has a television program at Turkish TV channel TV8. He made a special program about Korea and K-pop before and talked about JYJ.

Korean Culture

Korean music which has reached the top of its popularity with Gangnam Style, actually is a part of Korean culture that has been rising since 2003.

Those who don't like PSY's music say, "Atilla Taş and Ajdar are doing this kind of music" don't even know this rising culture. ( Atill Taş and Ajdar do not have much lovers in Turkey because of their simplicities in the market )

This rising wave of Korean culture called "Hallyu".

The ones who compare PSY with ours don't even know he had his music education at Berkeley and he is one of the headmen of a Korea's one of the biggest entertainment company.

The rising music of Korea in all over the world is called "K-Pop".

And they are saying that K-Pop is not all about Gangnam Style.

The groups like Beast, JYJ, Infinite, U-Kiss, Girls Generation, SS501 have a lot of fans here in our country.

A lot of Turkish young people are watching Korean dramas online.

Korean movies have already been rising for almost 10 years.

Recently I made a TV program about Korean culture.

Dong Woo Cho  who is counsellor of The Embassy of the Republic of Korea was my guest.

He said, "You are also giving your seat when you see older people at metro, just like us. Maybe because of the values like family, respect for older people are similar, these two countries love each other so much."

I decided to know about Korean culture more after this program.

And I started doing this by listening signed "In Heaven" album of JYJ.

Source: Cengiz Semercioğlu of Hürriyet
English Translation: Esra@jyjturkey.com

Secret releases "Talk That" teaser

Posted: 29 Nov 2012 07:31 AM PST

Secret releases the first video teaser of their upcoming hit song titled "Talk That",check out the teaser below.

The full MV is expected to be released on 4th December,do you anticipate their comeback?

Ailee, "Everyone do you need the 'Healing Energy'?"

Posted: 29 Nov 2012 07:30 AM PST

December, when we pack everything up from the past year and get ready for the next year, is a peak season for concert business. Among the various year-end concerts prepared for their audiences, one show is catching public's eye. 'Healing Concert L'

The show was projected to review the true meaning of the year-end and Christmas. Jo-han Kim, Dong-kyu Kim, Seul-gi Lee, Jung-Hoon Jin, Ha-Jun Kim, Heritage Mass Choir Habitat Childrens Choir to us will be on the stage. They are all gathered under the theme 'Full of LOVE'.

Especially, one musician is attracting our attention. It's Ailee, who had a meteoric rise to K-pop with a song 'Heaven', also having busier days with 'I Will Show You'. She's not just presenting her own show, she will be performing a 'true harmony' with other musicians.

"I'm not concerning to be a star in the show; I will melt into the whole concert with other singers. We are all for a good cause, I want everyone coming our show to get warm in their hearts."

Since she usually made her stages on a TV, we are looking forward to her concert stage. For her, meeting with her fans is always new and fresh experience. I could already see her heart fluttering.

"When the light gets up and I see the all crowd, I get excited. On the stages like concerts, I got to get enthusiastic to make my listeners enthusiastic. Thus, I can sing more freely at concert. I want to show that same things this time.

Ailee is presenting 'You are created to receive the greatest love' and 'Always LOVE' by Whitney Houston for us. And she will make a duet with Bo-ra Shin for 'When you believe' by Whitney Houston and Mariah Carey.

"As this concert's character, I chose songs that have a good meaning. I am so excited about the duet stage with Bo-ra as well as mine. There's also a medley carol of by the whole cast at the end of the concert, I want that many people can come and enjoy our party."

Ailee, practicing for the concert, has a confidence which is not normal for rookies. Many experiences on the stage that she had recently was the reason for it. Especially, 'Immortal Song 2' had really helped her to jump up. She competed with distinguished singers every week, and she became stronger.

"That stage, I really had to be perfect on everything. Song, dance, also how I look on the stage, everything had to be perfect to make a good stage. Actually, a week as a preparation for the stage was little bit short. I always had much to be desired."

Leaving this desire behind, she had grown up fast under a keen competition. Ailee said "I really had a huge development on my skills on the stage." with a smile.

She had been running without a rest and got popular. But she had never lost her fresh charm as a rookie.

"I'm not really realizing how popular I am except I'm having more stages that I can sing on. I didn't ever expect to be this successful. I'm always promising to myself that I should always be thankful for my fans."

In front of her music, and people, she thinks meanly of herself. She still has a great potential and she is ready to show it to us.

"I'm so happy that there are many people like me. After this album's activities I will, and should have busy days to show my different charms. I want to meet good songs quickly and sing them for people."

Including Ailee, Jo-han Kim, Dong-kyu Kim, Seul-gi Lee, Jung-Hoon Jin, Ha-Jun Kim, Heritage Mass Choir Habitat Childrens Choir will make our heart warm at the 'Healing Concert L', December 3rd.

Source: Asiae News

Translations by: Peanuts

JYJ's Jaejoong gained popularity and lost innocence after debut

Posted: 29 Nov 2012 07:00 AM PST

"To be honest, after debut, I've gained more than I've lost. I'm always thankful towards the fans who love me. However, since I've debuted at a very young age, I've quickly lost my innocence."

Member of Hallyu idol group JYJ and actor Kim Jaejoong (26) bared his heart, "I want to search again for the lost innocence."

"Now that I think back, I should have leaned more on others when I was younger but I couldn't. When I was 16 years old, I entered the company as a trainee. [At that time] I thought that I had to take care of accommodation or living expenses all by myself, without help from my parents or the company. So I solved the money problems by myself."

To the question of when he feels depressed the most, Kim Jaejoong said, "Everyone goes through the same periods of adolescent and critical changes. I think that I have also gone through diverse periods as a celebrity in my 20s." Although he's an artist that is not only recognized domestically but also internationally, the thing that scares him the most is none other than 'against himself'.

"After my debut in entertainment world, I became tired of its repetitive life and the self-created turmoil grew bigger. 'What am I doing now for a living?' that thought often came to my mind out of the blue. Now that I think back, it seems that I've lived well; so I could get rid of all the stress and think a lot about 'regaining the lost innocence'. Acting came to me as a new challenge, gave me an experience which made my heart beat like new. That's why I like acting. It's like my life."

"You asked what kind of role I want to try in the future? I have experienced comedy this time. Next time, I want to try melo or action. I also want to try something like animation narration. I'm able to modulate my voice and even play a triple role. Ah~ I feel excited just by thinking about it. (Laugh)"

Source: WE+ via Nate
Translated by: Hannah @ PrinceJJ

‘Iris 2’ kicks off filming in Hungary

Posted: 29 Nov 2012 06:45 AM PST

'Iris 2' kicks off its filming from foreign landmarks.

Recently, the filming crew flew to Hungary to shoot a large-scale scene at Budapes's Szechenyi Chain Bridge. The production temporarily blocked both lanes of the famed suspension bridge and curious bystanders gathered to take a look at the cast members.

The crew claim they are going to create an action scene even better and thrilling than the Incheon bridge scene in 'ATHENA Goddess of War'.

The main characters of the highly anticipated 'Iris 2' feature Jang Hyuk, Lee Da Hae, Lee Bum Soo, Oh Yeon Soo, B2ST's Yoon Doojoon and others.

Lee Seung Gi takes his first challenge in photography

Posted: 29 Nov 2012 06:20 AM PST

Lee Seung Gi has revealed unreleased cuts of a photo essay from his 5.5 mini album, 'Forest.'

On November 22, Lee Seung Gi released his comeback mini album 'Forest.' The album's title song "Return" immediately shot to the top of various online music charts.

The album is also very meaningful because Lee Seung Gi took his first challenge in photography for his first photo essay, included in the album. His photo essay is composed of 100 pages of photos that he took himself while traveling around Korea.

Lee Seung Gi stated, "I went to many places where I thought would be the best for listening to music and took some pictures of the places. It will be great if people could feel those places through my photos and music."

Cha Tae Hyun treats ‘Jeon Woo Chi’ staff to cosmetics

Posted: 29 Nov 2012 05:55 AM PST

In addition to giving winter coats, Cha Tae Hyun has once again displayed his big heart by treating 'Jeon Woo Chi' staff to a cosmetics gift set.

Cha Tae Hyun surprised the staff by presenting them with cosmetics from the brand 'UL.OS' which he is currently an endorsement model for. The actor's representatives stated, "He just wanted to say thanks to all who are working so hard despite the chilly weather."

A source from the production company also revealed, "Cha Tae Hyun is someone who is always humble and partaking in a joke or two with staff members during takes."

Gaon Chart releases rankings for November 18th – November 24th

Posted: 29 Nov 2012 05:35 AM PST

Gaon Chart is the national record chart of South Korea. It is complied by the Korea Music Content Industry Association with an aim to create a national chart for Korea similar to the Billboard charts and Oricon charts.

[Rankings for Week November 18 – November 24, 2012]

Weekly Singles Chart

1. Lee Seung Gi : "Return"

2. Roy Kim : "October Rain"

3. Lee Hi : "Scarecrow"

4. Juniel : "Bad Man"

5. Lee Hi : "1,2,3,4"

6. Noel - "Things That I Couldn't Say"

7. C-CLOWN : "Far Away… Young Love"

8. Geeks ft. SISTAR's Soyou : "Officially Missing You, Too"

9. Zia : "Tears Falling Down"

10. Ailee : "I'll Show You"

----

8. Psy : "Psy 6 Part 1" [6th Album]

9. TVXQ : "Catch Me" [6th Album]

10. Block B : "Blockbuster" [1st Album]

< Last week's rankings.

Seo Taiji reveals his drawing skills at 20th anniversary poster

Posted: 29 Nov 2012 05:10 AM PST

Legendary singer Seo Taiji recently showed off his drawing skills through a poster in commemoration of his 20th year since his debut.

On November 27th, the chronological timeline of Seo Taeji's career was uploaded on his official website. The illustration shows significant achievements in the singer's career, and a number of pictures that Seo Taeji drew were placed beside them.

Seo Taiji also signed the poster by writing, "I drew all of this~", confirming that he indeed drew all of the animations shown.

Meanwhile, a special event will be held on the website, and 20 participants will be randomly selected and get invited to Seo Taeji's next concert.

Suzy wows fans with her voluptuous figure

Posted: 29 Nov 2012 04:46 AM PST

miss A's Suzy recently grabbed immediate attention with her sexy figure.

Recently, several pictures of Suzy performing and promoting in Taipei, Taiwan were uploaded on the girls' fan cafe. In the pictures, the miss A member can be seen performing on stage in splendid and bold costume. Fans marveled over her goddess-like beauty and surprisingly voluptuous figure.

Netizens commented, "Suzy surprises me," "She even has a great figure," "Her daring outfit suits her well" and more.

Samsung reveals making of EXO-K’s “Create Your Smart Style”

Posted: 29 Nov 2012 04:25 AM PST

Samsung has recently teamed up with SM Entertainment's latest idol group, EXO-K, to promote its newest product ATIV Smart PC and released a promotional video titled "Create Your Smart Style".

On November 29th, Samsung released the making-of footage at the filming of the "Create Your Smart Style" video featuring the members of EXO-K. Check out the clip below.

Humming Urban Stereo releases “Love Jam” (feat. Bebop) MV

Posted: 29 Nov 2012 04:00 AM PST

Humming Urban Stereo (Lee Ji Rin) is returning to the music scene with 4th full-length album titled 'Sparkle' along with the full music video for title song, "Love Jam".

"Love Jam" features vocalist Bebop. The song tells the story about a girl who wants to be the perfect girlfriend for her boyfriend.

'Sparkle' is scheduled to release on November 29th and the offline version will be on shelf on December 6th. The album features mostly female guest vocalists like Wax, Sugar Flow, Shina-E, JC Jieun and Yoari.

Check out the MV below!

Son Ye Jin explains her “picking-nose” picture

Posted: 29 Nov 2012 03:43 AM PST

Actress Son Ye Jin made clarifications on the "picking-nose" picture of herself which is all the buzz online.

On the recent episode of SBS's 'One Night TV Entertainment' that aired on November 28, an interview was conducted with the main casts of film 'Tower' Son Ye Jin, Seol Kyung Gu, and Kim Sang Kyung.

On this day, the show revealed the picture posted online under the title, "Son Ye Jin caught picking her nose, but till lovely." Then, Son Ye Jin laughed at the picture and explained, "I was just kidding. If you look closely, my finger is not in the nostril."

Meanwhile, 'Tower' will make its premiere on December 19.

f(x) Victoria’s pre-debut photos gain attention

Posted: 29 Nov 2012 03:18 AM PST

Pre-debut photos of f(x) leader Victoria are creating buzz online.

On November 29th, some photos have been shared on a Chinese online community board titled, "f(x)'s leader Victoria's photo before her debut."

The photos were screen shots from her CFs with Lee Jun Ki and Rain as well as music videos with labelmates Kangta, SHINee and Super Junior. Even before her debut, Victoria displayed her natural and refreshing beauty.

Netizens commented, "Victoria is really a natural beauty", "She's so pretty," "She really is a goddess" and more.

KARA to receive a Best Dresser Award in Japan

Posted: 29 Nov 2012 02:53 AM PST

Hallyu group KARA is being recognized for its style and fashion in Japan.

The secretariat of International Jewellery Tokyo(IJT), the organizer of IJT 2013, the largest jewelry exhibition in Japan, announced on November 27 that Korean girl group KARA had been selected as the recipients of the 24th Japanese Best Jewellery Wearer Awards female category.

The awards ceremony will be held on the second day of the 24th IJT, which will be held for three days from January 23 next year at Big Sight in Tokyo Odaiba.

This year's prize winner in the male category is Japanese gymnast Kohei Uchimura, a London Olympics gold medalist.

KARA joins the list of other Korean stars who have been the recipient of the award in the past including Lee Byung Hun, Won Bin and Girls' Generation.

ZE:A’s Siwan is dating someone with the initials “JH”?

Posted: 29 Nov 2012 02:50 AM PST

ZE:A's Siwan is stirring much interest for his mysterious message on Twitter.

On November 29th, Siwan tweeted, "When I see you why do I feel like this… JH", piquing the curiosity of his fans. Some even speculated that the idol may be dating someone with the initials of JH.

However, some are thinking that this might be a marketing tactic as ZE:A was reported to be releasing a ballad by the end of the month. Former After School member Kahi had also drawn attention by writing, "Come back you bad person", which came out to be the title of a solo song.

Netizens commented, "It's probably part of the lyrics for their newest song," "I'm curious who JH is," and more.

Update: Siwan just confirmed that the message is actually the lyrics for their upcoming track. He tweeted, "Were you very surprised? 'Why's my heart like this again when I see you… JH' are ZE:A's new song lyrics! JH is [our] boss Shin Juhak! I just wanted to thank him for giving us the opportunity to release a new album so soon. 'Please move us to a warm dorm..JH'"

MV for CNBLUE’s Japanese single “Robot” revealed

Posted: 29 Nov 2012 02:08 AM PST

After the release of a teaser clip earlier, the full music video for CNBLUE's upcoming 4th Japanese single's title track "Robot" has been aired in Japan.

CNBLUE's 4th Japanese single 'Robot' will feature five tracks including the lead track of the same title, "Ring", "Starlit Night" and an instrumental for its title song. The single, which will be available in three different versions, will be released on December 19th.

Check out the MV below!

f(x)'s Sulli,"See you in Hong Kong"

Posted: 29 Nov 2012 01:00 AM PST

f(x)'s Sulli shared a new photo on her Me2day on 29th November.

She said,"see you in Hong Kong".

She is seen posing hilariously with leader Victoria in her latest photo,the girls are on their way to Hong Kong to participate in the 2012 MAMA held in Hong Kong on 30th November.

Fans commented,"Sulli's new hairstyle is amazing","hope that f(x) will win awards" and etc.

Son Dambi garners attention with her slim figure

Posted: 29 Nov 2012 12:31 AM PST

One of the hottest K-pop solo singers Son Dam Bi has returned with her 4th mini album. Along with her new song, sexy performance, her fashion on stage is also attracting fans' attention.

Son Dam Bi showed off her beautiful legs with short pants during her live performances

In the photo, she is wearing high-top sneakers from Suecommabonie.

People often compare her body to a mannequin to praise her flawless body line. Are you jealous of her flawless figure?

Source: bnt news

KARA's Gyuri receives praises with her cameo appearance in "What Is Mom"

Posted: 29 Nov 2012 12:00 AM PST

KARA's goddess Park Gyu Ri has just made a cameo apperance in sitcom What is Mom

Although she only appeared for a few seconds, her appearance garnered much attention

Gyu Ri  took the role of a gorgeous, stylish lady, who's the new renter of Moon Hee's grandma. With her beautiful look and fashionable style, she attracted every men around.

Gyuri's cameo received so many possitive comments. One of the staff shared, "Although her appearance was short, Gyuri still checked everything carefully, from her outfits, hair style and sentences".

Currently, 'What is mom' is broadcasted every monday and tuesday.

Written by Jenny@dkpopnews

G-Dragon's airport fashion impresses fans

Posted: 28 Nov 2012 11:30 PM PST

Big Bang was on their way to Hong Kong to attend Mnet Asian Music Awards (MAMA 2012).  G-Dragon impressed fans with his fashionable airport style.
G-Dragon spotted wearing a yellow feather jacket, simple white T-shirt and jeans, together with a sunglasses and black cap .He looks gentle and fashionable.
Many superstars will be attending MAMA 2012, such as Adam Lambert, B.O.B, Jin Baek Rim, Jackie Chan, Wang Lee Hom…and the program will be aired live on November 30.

Written by Jenny@dkpopnews

Girls’ Generation, FT Island & Boyfriend rank in the top 3 of Oricon

Posted: 28 Nov 2012 11:00 PM PST

Hallyu groups Girls' Generation, FT Island and Boyfriend all charted in the top three of the Oricon charts.

According to Oricon's latest ranking released on November 29, Girls' Generation's second Japanese album 'GIRLS' Generation II Girls&Peace', which was released on the 28th, ranked #2 on the Oricon's Daily Albums chart with 46,031 copies sold.

Furthermore, FT Island's "Polar Star" and Boyfriend's "Kimito Dance Dance Dance/My Lady-Winter Lovers" came in at #2 and #3 respectively of the Oricon's Daily Singles chart, evidencing the groups' popularity in Japan.

Wonder Girls Sunye’s fiance and his family revealed

Posted: 28 Nov 2012 10:40 PM PST

Wonder Girls member Sunye's future husband and family were recently revealed.

On the episode of SBS's 'One Night of TV Entertainment' that aired on November 28, the production team visited Sunye's soon-to-be husband, James Park's house in Canada, where they were greeted warmly by his father.

Sunye's future father-in-law, Park Wan, revealed his affection towards her saying, "When I first saw Sunye, my wife and I felt that she will surely become one of our family members."

He also revealed more handsome photos of James Park, and added that his son is very athletic and likes to play football and hockey. The future father-in-law also drew the eyes by revealing, "They will live in Canada for a while after their marriage. I accept you just the way you are."

BEG’s Narsha, Joo Won and Kim Won Hyo to dub for animation movie ‘Niko’

Posted: 28 Nov 2012 10:15 PM PST

Brown Eyed Girls' Narsha, actor Joo Won and comedian Kim Won Hyo have participated in dubbing the upcoming animation movie, 'Niko: Santa Air Wing's Adventure.'

Joo Won, Narsha and Kim Won Hyo will voice the main characters of the upcoming children's animation movie. Joo Won plays the adventurous Niko who is the rookie member of Santa's Air Wing, while Kim Won Hyo voices his loyal friend Julius. Narsha will play the evil White Wolf.

'Niko: Santa Air Wing's Adventure' is about a reindeer named Niko who must save his little brother Johnny after being kidnapped by the White Wolf. The movie will make its premieres on Christmas Day.

Juniel receives New Artist Award at Korea Entertainment Arts Awards

Posted: 28 Nov 2012 09:50 PM PST

Juniel recently received the New Artist Award at the 19th Korea Entertainment Arts Awards.

On November 28th, the 19th Korea Entertainment Arts Awards took place at Sungnam Art Center, and Juniel along with idol group EXO-K garnered New Artist Award.

After receiving the award, Juniel said, "I'm really happy and thankful to receive this award. I want to give better performances for you." She also wrote on her Twitter, "I'll keep doing my best thinking that this is all thanks to many fans' great support. Thank you again, and I love you."

Juniel, who debuted June with "Illa Illa", received the award only 5 month after, and showed her great power as a female soloist.