Sunday, November 18, 2012

"Fans Make Donations in Honor of Jessica’s Musical, ‘Legally Blonde’" plus 24 more

Fans Make Donations in Honor of Jessica’s Musical, ‘Legally Blonde’

Posted: 18 Nov 2012 07:30 AM PST

Fans in Taiwan and Japan made generous donations to commemorate Jessica's upcoming musical performances in "Legally Blonde".

Through charity organizations World Vision and Tree Planet, Taiwanese fans purchased and donated 100 mango saplings in Jessica's name in support of her musical. The mango saplings will be sent to Tonj, Sudan, located in Africa, to help fight hunger. It has been reported that every ten mango trees will prevent hunger in sixteen people.

From left to right, the wreaths read:

"Please become our lover. Sica Woods~ Do you wanna be my lover? Taiwanese SONE who cheer on Sica while eating Chia Te. Taiwanese SONE who cheer on Sica while eating mangos. We will [unreadable] Sica's lover. Taiwanese SONE who cheer on Sica while drinking bubble tea."

Japanese fans supported Jessica's musical by making a rice donation. They were able to gather 500 kilograms of rice.

The banner reads:

"The name that shines the most, more than anything in the world."

Jessica's first performance in "Legally Blonde" will take place on November 28th. Further information and future performance dates can be found on the musical's official Facebook page.

Sources: lovefromtaiwansone.blogspot.tw, Mixi_snsd@Twitter.com
Written by: taengsoshi@soshified
Edited by: bhost909@soshified
Contributor: ch0sshi@soshified

A class idols get paid 60 million won per event,40 million won difference depends on popularity

Posted: 18 Nov 2012 07:13 AM PST

KBS2's "Entertainment Weekly" broadcasted on November 17th revealed how much money top idols can earn from each event they participate.

It was revealed that A class idols can earn from 40 million won~60 million won per event participated. Other idols normally can make up to 20 million won per event.

On the other hand, it was also revealed that the money is splitted equally among the members who participated in the event, one member won't be able to receive it if he/she was absent from the event.

source:nate
written by: Clover @ DKPOPNEWS.NET

“I Miss You”, Park Yoochun & Yoon Eun Hye To Appear In Episode 5

Posted: 18 Nov 2012 07:00 AM PST

"I Miss You", which has been termed by netizens as the most heartbreaking Korean drama, has been making viewers tear even though Park Yoochun and Yoon Eun Hye have yet to make an appearance. Park Yoochun will be making his first appearance in the fifth episode of "I Miss You", and appeared briefly in the preview as a charismatic detective on the crime squad. The innocence of a 15-year-old was no longer to be seen, but he instead appears perfectly suited for his nickname "crazy rabbit", creating suspense and anticipation among the viewers towards upcoming developments in the plot. Park Yoochun, Yoon Eun Hye, and the other adult actors and actresses will be making their appearance in episode 5.

Meanwhile, many fans have also expressed that they are afraid to watch "I Miss You" because the plot is too tragic, and hence the ratings have not been outstanding. It remains a question as to whether the "tragic" storyline will take a turn following Park Yoochun and Yoon Eun Hye's appearance in episode 5.

On another note, in response to Park Yoochun's upcoming appearance, netizens have been posting, "Anxious, I can't wait any longer", "I'm even more excited after seeing the preview clip" and "Looking forward to Wednesday, just seeing the preview is making me die of anticipation. Speaking of which, the first three to four episodes were too tragic, I can't eat or sleep well after watching it, and I used up a bunch of tissues. Hopefully the plot will not continue to be as tragic."

Source : [Yule China]
Translated & Shared by : dongbangdata.net

Seungri enjoys breakfast with a very special person!

Posted: 18 Nov 2012 06:30 AM PST

(121118) Seungchan's diary:

Because of the long flight journey, i'm tired...
We've were decided to stay tonight at Los Angeles.
Today, i had breakfast with a really special person....

(insert selca of Seungchan with Ashton Kutcher)

This person is!!!????

OH MY GOD!!!!!!!!!

Ashton Kutcher!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Thank you...

For having breakfast at the table beside ours.

Btw, isn't Ashton Kutcher's face is so small?? While my face....
Becoming likes Anpanman...
wwwwwwwwwww

Source: @seungriyacom//trans:@rurutic
Shared by Trisya@BIGBANGWORLD

Cast of 'Invincible Youth 2' take happy pictures together!

Posted: 18 Nov 2012 06:00 AM PST

Season 2 of 'Invincible Youth' ended yesterday, November 17, as they broadcasted their final episode.
Most of them cried but you can see the their happy faces for spending lots of time together during this season.

We will miss them right?

Source: Shinyoung and Jiyoung twitter

Celebrity Blackjack Aisha Tyler Shouts Out 2NE1 on ‘Rove LA’

Posted: 18 Nov 2012 05:30 AM PST

Another celebrity 2NE1 fangirl has made themselves known.  On a recent episode of 'RoveLA', actress and comedian Aisha Tyler outed herself as a 2NE1 fan.

After being asked by the host to do "Gangnam Style" dance (which she does), she totally gushes about 2NE1.  In the clip she says, "I'm obsessed with Korean pop, I wrote a book? and yes, I love it so much. People do you not know how awesome Korean pop is? Everybody only knows Psy, but K-pop is like the best music in the world. K-pop is the best, Big Bang, 2NE11111, I'am so into Korean pop, it's the best."

Check out the clip below it starts at about 1:32:

Aisha N. Tyler is an American actress, stand-up comedian, and author, known for her regular role as Andrea Marino in the first season of Ghost Whisperer and voicing Lana Kane in Archer, as well as her recurring roles in CSI: Crime Scene Investigation, Talk Soup, and on Friendsas Charlie Wheeler. She is currently a co-host of The Talk.

Rove LA is an Australian television comedy talk show which debuted on Fox8 on 19 September 2011. The show is hosted by Rove McManus and is set in Los Angeles. The show is presented in a similar fashion to McManus' previous talk show Rove, featuring comedy segments and interviews with celebrity guests.

Source:  RoveMcManusFan93@YT
Transcribed w/additional information by staff@ygladies.com

JYJ’s Jaejoong, Excitement In The Cinema During “Here Comes Jackal’s” Stage Greetings

Posted: 18 Nov 2012 05:00 AM PST

The cinema theatres were overflowing with excitement when JYJ's Kim Jaejoong and female actress Song Ji Hyo, who star in the move "Here Comes Jackal", appeared for the stage greetings.

According to C-Jes Entertainment on 17 Nov, Kim Jaejoong and Song Ji Hyo have begun the scheduled stage greetings for "Here Comes Jackal" since 16 Nov. The stage greetings are expected to be held all over Seoul, beginning with Gyeonggi-do.

"Here Comes Jackal" depicts a story which unfolds when a legendary assassin kidnaps a top Hallyu star, as her last mission before retirement. Song Ji Hyo plays the role of the assassin, Bong Min Jeong. Kim Jaejong shows of his quirky and lively charms through his role as the top star, Choi Hyun. He also showcased comical acting skills in his lonely battle in an attempt to escape from the assassin.

While greeting the audience after the movie had been screened, Kim Jaejoong sang the song "내안의 위로"*. He then passed the mike on to Song Ji Hyo, who sang as well, giving warm "fan-service" to the audience.

*(T/N: literally "The Comforts Of My Heart")

(irrelevant portions omitted)

Source: [K Star News]
Translated by: dongbangdata
Shared by: PrinceJJ

Find Boyfriend and they'll give you FREE HUGS!

Posted: 18 Nov 2012 04:35 AM PST

Boyfriend announces through their twitter account that they will give free hugs to fans.

On November 17, member Hyunseong tweeted,

[B.F Hyunseong] 11/18 Tomorrow at 7PM!!!! Find Boyfriend in Myeongdong! We'll be giving out warm hugs to chase away the cold~~ ^^ Come towards my broad shoulders!

Aren't you excited? Don't lose this chance!

TRANSLATIONS: makwangboi.tumblr.com
SOURCE: Boyfriend's Official Twitter (http://twitter.com/G_Boyfriend)

Another notice:

Hello

This is Boyfriend's Fanclub In-charge.

You saw the notice on twitter and in the Real-time Backstage post right?!!

There are people who have already received the news right?

2012.11.18 Sunday! It's tomorrow! 7PM!!!

Find Boyfriend in Myeongdong!

Boyfriend is having a surprise FREE HUG!!!

Find your Boyfriend!

Find Boyfriend who will give everyone warm hugs during a cold winter!

To those who find Boyfriend will receive heart-warming love from them

The hint that everyone is curious about..

It's blue coloured Exit 6!

Please come join us and spend a warm winter together with Boyfriend's FREE HUG!!^^

—————

TRANSLATIONS: makwangboi.tumblr.com
SOURCE: Boyfriend's Official Fancafe (http://cafe.daum.net/BOYFRIEND)

A Pink performs on Dungeon & Fighter Festival

Posted: 18 Nov 2012 03:30 AM PST

A Pink performs their hit songs such as I Don't Know,Hush,My My and Bubibu on Dungeon and Fighter Festival,enjoy their performance below

Choi Soo Jung will appear in S4's debut song

Posted: 18 Nov 2012 03:00 AM PST

S4 - a group Indonesian-Korean collaboration group will make its debut soon. Recently, the lead girl for MV "She is my girl" has been revealed.

It has been reported that Choi Soo Jung of girl group "Lotte Girls" will take part in the music video. She used to known as Goo Hara look alike.

Since it is the debut song of S4Choi Soo Jung tried her best to show her most natural acting and also instructed the group. Though the recording time was long, the atmosphere was still happy.

Choi Soo Jung used to appear in Ram's MV with Park Tae Joon, she also appeared in Phantom's MV "Burning".

Choi Soo Jung is now under WA Entertainment established by composer Kim Do Hoon, the same house with Phantom.

Source: bnt news
Written by Jenny@dkpopnews

Ailee covers Gdragon's Crayon

Posted: 18 Nov 2012 02:30 AM PST

Guesting on Yoo Hee Yeol's Sketchbook on November 16, Ailee surprised Kpop fans when she covered the latest hit song of G-Dragon - Crayon with a totally new style.

Besides, Ailee also covered Alicia Keys' Girl on fire and promoted her songs: Heaven and I will show you.

Check out her performance below:

Son Dambi impresses with her live singing ability

Posted: 18 Nov 2012 02:00 AM PST

Son Dambi is back recently with new song "Dripping Tears".

The MR removed clip of her live performance has become the main topic of discussion among fans,she impressed with her amazing live singing ability and cool dance moves,check out her mr removed clip below.

How many points out of 10 does she deserve?

f(x)'s Victoria,Amber and Go Ara attend TVXQ's concert

Posted: 18 Nov 2012 01:30 AM PST

f(x)'s Victoria and Amber as well as Go Ara attended TVXQ's concert together.

Victoria updated her Me2day on 18th November,she wrote,"TVXQ's concert hwaiting ~We are T! ^.^."

Fans commented,"TVXQ daebak","Victoria unnie is so cute","Amber has her own style","Go Ara noona is still pretty" and etc.

Meanwhile,TVXQ hold "TVXQ! LIVE WORLD TOUR 'Catch Me' in SEOUL" concert at Olympics stadium on 17th and 18th November.

Kahi supports Son Dambi's comeback

Posted: 18 Nov 2012 01:00 AM PST

Kahi shows Son Dambi some love.

Kahi updated her Twitter on 18th November with a new message,she wrote,"Hwaiting to Son Dambi who will make her comeback with Dripping Tears later,woah,have not been to Inkigayo in a while."

The girls are seen posing cheerfully in the photo above,showing off their beauty and stylish fashion.

Fans commented,"best friend came","will watch Inkigayo till the end","Son Dambi's new song is great" and etc.

Dal Shabet says "Have,Don't Have" on Inkigayo

Posted: 18 Nov 2012 12:30 AM PST

The adorable girls of Dal Shabet made their comeback on Inkigayo with their cute hit song "Have,Don't Have".

Check out their cute choreography and catchy performance below

C-Clown says "Far Away,Young Love" on Inkigayo

Posted: 18 Nov 2012 12:28 AM PST

Rookie group C-Clown is back with new song "Far Way,Young Love" on Inkigayo,enjoy their comeback performance below.

B1A4 is back with "Tried To Walk" on Inkigayo

Posted: 18 Nov 2012 12:26 AM PST

B1A4 is back on Inkigayo with new song "Tried To Walk".

Leader Jinyoung composed the title track "Tried To Walk",enjoy B1A4's highly anticipated performance below.

Roh JiHoon, “I Will Show You A Different Dimension of a Bad Guy”

Posted: 18 Nov 2012 12:00 AM PST

'Bad Guy' Roh JiHoon has launched his attack in the entertainment industry.

Received hard training for a year and 6 months, although Roh JiHoon brings along a rookie confidence, passion and ambition, has made an unlike-rookie debut. Indeed a 'Birth Star'.

"Of course I'm excited that I made my debut. But it seems shameless to call it excited, (because) in fact, it is the same (laughs). Predebut life was exactly the same too. It's (actually) easier than going on stage. As I've debut, I am able to show my music, that's the thing I like about it."

Speaking calmly about his thoughts of 'exactly the same' debut, Roh JiHoon confessed that he actually trembled a lot before performing on his very first stage. "If I said I wasn't nervous at all, that would be a lie", shyly letting out a smile. He continued, "I wasn't nervous on my first showcase stage, but I really trembled on my first broadcast the next day", and "My legs were trembling very bad."

In fact, 'Bad Guy' was a concept that he wanted to try out as a male soloist. Perhaps to some, it may seem to be unsurprising, but it was a concept that brings out Roh JiHoon's very own charms as a Homme Fatale character.

"Usually, I would listen to words saying that I have a poker face. I want to show a calm yet strong, another different type of bad guy. I don't know either, but to me, it seems like it's within me. Please do look forward to my bad guy's look that I have never realized either."

When he smiles modestly, as compared to his bad guy look, his half-moon eye smile shows an good guy instead. However, towards the question, "when was the last relationship?", Eoh JiHoon replied, "When was I in a relationship?", he hesitate, "It's fine if I give a shameless answer too? What is a (love) relationship?", Roh JiHoon who asked instead, showing his pride as a 'Bad Guy'.

Although he is a bad guy, Roh JiHoon has expectations to show a sweet transformation.

"When I first received a concept as a bad guy, I thought to myself hopelessly, 'Ah, What to do…' (laughs). I only know how to be a sweet guy. As I look at my image now… I am thankful to my company. But until now, I still want to show a lovable look (laughs). When I do a 'Hug' on stage, wasn't the reaction great?"

During the showcase, Roh JiHoon who commented in hopes to 'exceed Rain-senior regardless how many years it will take', has received attention for showing such 'confidence'. It seems taht his overflowing confidence will allow him to overcome difficulties in the future.

"Roh JiHoon is a person who has high confidence level, passion, ambition as well as an optimistic person. Although having good looks, if you look deeper, my charms are there too (laughs), the more you see it, the more charms will show. Also, my tall height, thanks to my parents for, and shamelessness? (laughs). I manage myself well too. I'm maintaning my body fat percentage within 10% too. Since I love sports, I worked out and played badminton everyday too."

Ever since Rain and Se7en, the entertainment industry which is lacking of male dance soloist, will have to pay attention to a new wave, Roh JiHoon.

"I want to be an artist who can be recognized for his performance and singing skills. On the other hand, anticipation towards myself brings burden. What more should I say? I will show you through my stages."

If you think  he is a good guy through sis innocent eyesmile, then you're wrong. Within those cute smiles, Roh JiHoon is a bad guy who hides a deathly charm. We have prepared a OX interview with Roh JiHoon. From his head to toes, his overflowing dangerous charms of '100% Bad Guy' Roh JiHoon, would you want to know more about him? This OX interview would be the answers.

I'm a Casanova? (X)

I'm not. Just in the mockumentary.

I've seen a girl cried before? (O)

I did….did..

I went out from the dorm before? (O)

Isn't it something that everyone want to do? Before the debut decision was made, I practiced repeatedly. I was tired, so I went out once. After that, I rarely did it again. I will return after a few hours (laughs). So, I was almost thrown out by the company. In fact, I was prepared to leave. At that time, my only time was for practicing. More than one year of practice, I've became worried of me just practicing… It seems harder in every way.

I'm a Bad Guy? (O)

If I were to say it now, then it's an 'O'. Prior to the release of my album, then it would be 'X'. I will be a 'Bad Guy' as long as I'm promoting my 'Bad Guy' (concept). Actually, I think about my act when I'm on stage. I've watched Rain-senior, Se7en-senior's videos and research about it. Practicing my expressions on the mirror is my secret.
I have thought about 'Being Punished' in a relationship? (O)

It happens before. Who wouldn't? But I'm a better bad guy when I'm in a relationship.

I broke up with girls more than receiving break ups from them? (O)

The difference between guys is that they see it as an etiquette to girls. (And then) Wait (laughs) But that isn't me.

I attract elder females? (O)

Age is just a number. It doesn't matter if her age is much more than me. Especially if she's pretty? (laughs). That's a joke. I don't look at looks. I look at her heart. I like a sweet and innocent person. I like it when she manages herself well, and does well in her job. I'm attracted to people whom I can learn from.

I like shorter girls? (△)

It doesn't matter with height.

I like long-haired girls? (△)

This is a triangle too (laughs). I like those whose hairstyle suits herself.

I look at blood types when I date? (O)

Personally, I like AB blood types. I like all though (laughs) but AB-blood typed are the best suit for me. I'm an AB too, so I can understand it. Not because AB types are special.

I'm Special? (O)

I'm different from everyone else. It seems like my thoughts are different too. Since young, as I wanted to know how hot it is, I touched the boiling stew with my fingers. I've even tried to open the doors in a moving car.
I have many fans in their 10s? (X)

I have more 30-40 fans. They really treat me like their sons, and gave good care of me, so I'm grateful to them. Lately when I see fans in their 10s coming to meet me at my events, I really felt happy.

I'm a bad guy when I'm in a relationship? (X)

Never. I'm a good guy when I'm in a relationship. Caring, nice and remembers every anniversary dates (laughs). Previously, when I date, I had candle event and even held 100 roses waiting in front of the school. If I were to date in the future, I would hold a bear, sing and dance for her.

I look forward to Christmas? (O)

What type of schedule will I have? LuLuLaLa (laughs).

I'm good in observing? (◎)

When I was young, as I exercise, I had to be observant. I've learnt my observant skills from sports. The life of a group of men….
I think I can exceed Rain? (☆)

I said I hope to exceed him. I love Rain-senior (laughs).

I feel burdensome with my sexy charms? (X)

I don't feel burdensome. I don't have other charms that I can show. It seems that my sexiness is my main charm.

I look alike like K.Will? (O)

It was asked previously, only then I knew about it. Especially when I meet K.Will senior on broadcast programs, then we were laughing with each other. Although I do think that we looked the same last time too, but I didn't know it would to this extent. I was shocked looking at the real person.

I have my secret weapon? (O)

My confidence. And I think my superior genes my parents gave to me too. Personality, and height? (laughs). I don't give up easily. I'm like weeds, the more you step, the more I grow. I love to challenge.

Trans: MrsDooB2uty @ loveindacube.wordpress.com
Source: Joy News

SISTAR performs "Alone" without Bora on OBS Stage Hanmaum Concert

Posted: 17 Nov 2012 11:30 PM PST

SISTAR performed without Bora on the OBS Stage Hanmaum Concert.

Fans were slightly disappointed with Bora's absence but the girls performed really well to impress the audiences,check out their performance below

f(x)'s Victoria uploads gorgeous photo

Posted: 17 Nov 2012 11:00 PM PST

f(x)'s leader Victoria updated her Weibo with a gorgeous photo.

She said,"i am pretty busy lately,tomorrow is TVXQ's concert,will cheer on them!Let us meet in Changsha...after a few days?^ ^"

She is seen posing cutely in er latest photo,garnering much attention with her bare face.

Like this new photo of Victoria?

Pretty Jessica and Eunji's BTS photoshoot for Legally Blonde

Posted: 17 Nov 2012 10:30 PM PST

Idols Jessica and Eunji's photoshoot for musical 'Legally Blonde" has been released.
For Eunji,who earned positive comments from her role in Reply 1997, this is her first musical.

Watch the BTS for their photoshoot below:

Source: cupqt@YT

Sunhwa shares WGM group photo in costume!

Posted: 17 Nov 2012 10:00 PM PST

Sunhwa shares a lovely photo of WGM couples wearing costume for Halloween.
The group photo shows each couple wearing their own costume while striking a pose.

She wrote, "We are invincible". What a friendly atmosphere they have!

Source: Sunhwa's twitter

Girls’ Generation Mentioned by UK Newspaper, The Guardian

Posted: 17 Nov 2012 09:30 PM PST

Among news of Girls' Generation's upcoming Japanese album, a British newspaper, The Guardian, has published an article on Girls' Generation and K-Pop. The article talks about Girls' Generation releasing an all-English album in the future, as well as the possibility of a successful entry into the Western music market.

Excerpts from the article are shown below and the full article can be viewed here.
"Girls' Generation, a nine-member Korean girl group who had racked up millions of sales throughout east Asia long before Psy made "air" horseriding socially acceptable, are poised to release their first album recorded entirely in English."

"Tentatively due for release next year by Lady Gaga's label, Interscope, the album will mark the group's first serious effort to court English-speaking music fans."
"Industry experts say the group's brand of electropop and brilliantly produced videos will ease them into unfamiliar markets outside Asia. "Girls' Generation totally fit the bill," said Mio Scobie, overseas editor of US Weekly Magazine. "They produce feelgood beats, instantly memorable choruses and, as I'm sure people have already noticed, they're stunning."

Source: www.guardian.co.uk
Written by: letaengbutt@Soshified
Edited by: SeraphKY@Soshified

Hey, Sexy Lady: Hyuna, K-POP’s Gangnam Girl

Posted: 17 Nov 2012 09:00 PM PST

[INTERVIEW] HEY, SEXY LADY: HYUNA, K POP'S GANGNAM GIRL

It's only fitting that Korea's attitudinal pop princess was the subject of PSY's seduction in "Gangnam Style." Rapper-dancer Kim Hyun-a stands out from the super-clean K-Pop crowd, having controversially left one group (Wonder Girls) and then joining another, electro-pop unit 4Minute, and setting the tone for the more edgy side of K-Pop with songs like "Muzik" and "Hot Issue." Her solo singles have been even more incendiary—the music video for "Change" was flagged for 19+ viewers for her pelvic thrusting dance moves. "Bubble Pop!," meanwhile, placed an impressive #9 on SPIN Magazine's "Best 20 songs of 2011."

Even wrapped up for winter, 20-year-old HyunA commands attention. At Cube Café in Gangnam, a coffeehouse for K-Pop fans directly under her music studio, HyunA waltzes in with a thick blue woolen bob-hat, self-styled fur-lined jacket,the tiniest of black hot pants and sunglasses wrapped around her fingers.

An icon of the Korean fashion and pop culture wave that has already swamped Asia, HyunA's performance in "Gangnam Style" only reinforced her reputation as K-Pop's leading female provocateur—able to step out alone from the ranks of girl groups with confidence and power to represent a model of a new, modern Korean femininity.

We spoke with the young lady at the forefront of a generation in Korea now dominating their powerhouse neighbors of China and Japan in fashion and in music . . . and who could be the real K-Pop breakout star in the West, too.

ROBERT MICHAEL POOLE: Can you tell us about the concept behind the song "Ice Cream?"

KIM HYUN-A: Just like the lyrics of "Ice Cream"—"ice cream with 31 flavors"—it is a song where the audience can experience different sides of HyunA. [The] producer, Brave Brothers, management, and myself added bright and fun vibe to the hip-hop based song, so people can enjoy it. When it comes to song creation, I throw in my ideas and have it discussed with the producer. The song gets its own characteristic as new ideas are incorporated. Moreover, there is this cute goal of mine to melt all the listeners, just like sweet ice cream.

POOLE: You played a large part in "Gangnam Style." Why did you decide to mock your own industry?

HYUN-A: It has been watched by 700 million people, and that is amazing. PSY has told the media several times how I got the part in the video—I've heard that from the video's initial production stage, Psy has chosen me to take the female role of the video. I was flattered to hear that. He contacted the CEO of my management company, Cube Entertainment, for the video, and that's how I became the part of the video. The song does not mock the industry—the song and video of "Gangnam Style" has its focus on the people rather than the industry itself. The song's success proves that people in Gangnam are confident enough to accept and enjoy the song. All in all, I am happy that PSY's song is being loved by people all around the world, and I am lucky I am a part of it.

POOLE: "K-Pop" is a catch-all term. How would you truly describe your music overall?

HYUN-A: Currently, K-Pop is represented by music of girl groups and boy bands. Thanks to PSY, now people are starting to realize that K-Pop is not limited to just one genre. In my case, I take part in performance-oriented music and believe it is my call to show the audience something that both their eyes and ears can enjoy. There are many K-Pop artists who are performance-oriented, and I'd like to make a distinctive boundary of mine among them.

POOLE: How would you describe life in the K-Pop world?

HYUN-A: I've been doing my best to achieve my dream, and I am still in a process of getting where I want to be. It is very dynamic life—photo shoots with different concepts, flying in and out of Korea for concerts and TV appearances—no single day is the same. I get to experience different things every day. Even though there are times I feel physically tired due to the tight schedule, I enjoy it every minute of it. It is a very attractive industry, in that sense; it makes me challenge myself.

POOLE: How do American and Korean music differ?

HYUN-A: A few years back, I felt that there were many differences, but now I feel like PSY has broken many of those walls. When I see the audience sing along to our songs in other countries, I feel there are no walls or boundaries exist for good songs to be loved. However I still believe there is basic cultural difference exists between Korean and American music. Also there is a difference in languages exists when it comes to expressing emotion. Compared to English lyrics tend to express their feelings directly, Korean lyrics are more poetic and indirect.

POOLE: Who, and what, inspires you?

HYUN-A: [Everything] from ordinary things in everyday life, people's attention, the life that I had until now, to family, friends, fans... they all are my inspiration, and of course, the stage and the practicing room. The practicing room is where I spend most of [my] time, especially before the single release. When it comes to making choreography for the song, I look at myself in the mirror and give variations to the original choreography until I find the [right] choreography—choreography that fits me perfectly and that can project the performer HyunA in the right way. Since I constantly check the mirror to find the perfect moves, I could say that it is my inspiration.

POOLE: Your image is very confident, sexual, and independent. How close is that to the real you?

HYUN-A: I've been hearing that I am very different person on and off the stage. With all honesty, I hear the word "cute" more than "sexy" off the stage, and I get teased by that. When it comes to stage, I try my best to appeal and convey my ideas... incorporate what I want and I am good at on the stage. Since I know what I am doing on the stage, my confidence boosts up and that makes me to feel more liberated on the stage.

POOLE: How do you stay ahead as a fashion and music leader? Do you ever feel pressure?

HYUN-A: I do not feel much pressure, since it is a field that I have much interest in. Nowadays, I love hearing, "Whatever it is, when HyunA does it, it's different."

POOLE: What does the word Gangnam mean to you?

HYUN-A: The place where everything exists to enhance [one]self.

POOLE: What is your goal?

HYUN-A: As a professional singer, I want to be remembered as a singer with her own distinctive color, both by the public and the people in the industry, during and at the end of my career. To achieve such a goal, I will give my all to all the projects that I'm involved to produce the best result. Personally, I'd like to become a person who never loses her passion and always has a dream to follow.

Source: interviewmagazine

4minute JiHyun Reveals Story of Panicking and Waited for Police on the Highway

Posted: 17 Nov 2012 08:30 PM PST

Group 4minute's member Nam JiHyun has confessed to have waited for polices on the highway.

On MBC Live, 'She and Her Car' which is to be aired on the 16th, MC Nam JiHyun has revealed her story of being panicked after entering the fast lane.

'She and Her Car' is a car program for women. In this program, common senses (on the road) will be introduced, as well as providing answers to drivers' questions.

On this day, Nam JiHyun who has started driving 3 months ago has revealed her complaint. It wasn't a fast-speed car, but Nam JiHyun accidentally went into the fast lane.

She continued, as signal lights were constantly flashed, JiHyun who is alarmed stopped the car by the side, and waited for the police to come, causing laughter on the recording set.

Towards JiHyun's experience, Kim SeA who appeared as guests said she still needs to learn more and gain more experience, giving advises to JiHyun.

On this day too, some insights were provided to those who are about to drive on the road. They have given advises such as safe distance between cars, penalties and more to them. In particular, beginner Nam JiHyun was seen nodding throughout.

Trans: MrsDooB2uty  @Loveindacube.wordpress.com