Monday, November 26, 2012

"JYJ, Is there anything you can’t do?" plus 24 more

"JYJ, Is there anything you can’t do?" plus 24 more

JYJ, Is there anything you can’t do?

Posted: 26 Nov 2012 07:55 AM PST

The group JYJ is drawing public attention with omnidirectional activities including not only films and dramas but also world tour concerts.

The members of JYJ – Jaejoong Kim Yuchun Park and Junsu Kim are showing off their talents as each of them is doing film, drama and world tour at the same time. Not like other groups who normally start members' individual activities after group activities finished, all of JYJ members are standing out in each own field at the same time.

The most noticeable member is Jaejoong Kim. Currently he is meeting audience with his screen debut film 'Code Name: Jackal' and played a comic role which he has not done before, as a topstar who is kidnapped in the film. It seems that he became more familiar to the public after breaking from former serious characters he played in 'Dr. Jin' and 'Protect the Boss'.

Yuchun Park is challenging melodramatic performance in 'I Miss You', MBC WED/THU primetime drama currently being aired. He has been appearing since NOV 21 after the youth parts finished and showed performance as a  police detective who has wounds of the first love in youth. 'I Miss You is his first serious melodrama as he used to work for romantic comedies in the past. His new challenge is highly expected as he has been recognised well among actors from background of singers.

While Jaejoong Kim and Yuchun Park are leaving music career at the moment, Junsu Kim is taking over the role of a singer instead. The award winning star is due to have a solo concert in Oberhausen, Germany on Nov 30. He is the first Asian singer performing in Oberhausen

He released a solo album 'Tarantallegra' in May and toured successfully in Thailand, Taiwan, China, U.S.A. and Mexico. The tour in Germany is his final stage of the world tours of 8 months.

Source: Donga via Nate
Translated by: dedicatee.wordpress.com

Shining SHINee for SPUR Magazine Interview

Posted: 26 Nov 2012 07:30 AM PST

SHINING 'SHINee'
presented by KEITA MARUYAMA

Mr. Keita Maruyama who designed the costumes for SHINee's song, 'Dazzling Girl' that was released last month, collaborated with us to produce SHINee's styles exclusively for SPUR. The styling theme is 'Tokyo MIX style' where he used Tokyo men fashion brands to create Tokyo looks. The sparkling SHINee has arrived!

KEITA - I chose a style of clothes that they usually wear, an image of their real clothes. Not that I know how it is like in real life (laugh).

[Key] I worked with Keita during 'Dazzling Girl' before, so I'm glad to work with him again since we already know each other. I even tried styles that I don't usually wear so it's quite refreshing.
[Minho] Since it's the second time for us to work together, I could relax a little. I think I might have been troublesome the first time we worked together but he accepted everything well so I'm thankful to him.
[Taemin] We first met when he came to Korea for our Dazzling Girl costume fitting. I remember him as a passionate person.
[Jonghyun] I'm so happy to meet him again after working with him for our music video and jacket shooting. The styles he chose were great so I enjoyed the photoshoot.
[Onew] Just like before, Keita is someone who is delicate and meticulous. I think it's great how he always pays attention to details.

KEITA - I took tweed items from various Tokyo men's fashion brands for this season as the main and styled them in an autumn look.

KEITA's comments
→ Key is a fashionista himself. No matter what you let him wear, he'll pull it off well.
→ Minho has a perfect style and his figure is like a model. If I were to choose, I'd say he is the type that looks better in a conservative style, so I tried not to break too much of that image.
→ Taemin is very gorgeous. He fits any look, so I tried giving him something with strong characteristics.
→ Jonghyun looks cool with his firm body. He suits both formal and sporty looks.
→ Onew has a strong character. No matter what he wears, he makes it look like it's Onew's style.

[Key] Thing that I want most right now is a firm and steady bag that can last long.
[Minho] I've been busy with drama shooting so I didn't have time to shop. Things that I want the most would be... I want to order a suit. Since it's my first one, I'd order a black one.
[Taemin] Last year while in France, I bought dark blue BALMAIN pants. It was expensive so I was really nervous when buying it, so much that my hands were shivering (laugh). But I felt good after I bought it.
[Jonghyun] Something I bought recently is a grey long coat. Both the material and figure is beautiful. I want to coordinate it with my other clothes. The first time I bought clothes on my own was... I think it was during junior high. But I don't remember what it was (laugh).
[Onew] I like this coordination the most, especially the shoes. I like footwear that gives off an autumn look. This autumn, I'm fond of shoes so I bought a lot of them. The one I recently bought was a pair of simple sneakers in grey.

KEITA - I want to dress them up in a more mature style, a perfect image in nice suiting. But at the same time, I want to add a little playful mood to it.

The boys who are natural by heart, but professional in their efforts and well trained expressions.
When I was in charge of costume design for 'Dazzling Girl', I was with them for two whole days. They're really good boys with good manners. During the music video filming, despite having to dance the same choreography for ten takes, they maintained their excitement and perfection without any strained look at all. I thought then that they're great, just like athletes. Also, they're really, really close with each other. Really. It's to the point you start to think they must have been together all the time to be that close. Their pureness and decency yet with a hint of playfulness and mischievousness made me think that they really suit the image of men's fashion that I created. Since they're still young and fresh, I tried something that doesn't resemble their image and added something that may not fit them that much. They each have quite a distinguished character so I tried to emphasize it and add a difference to their characters at the same time. That's what I thought when I did the styling.

[Key] My recently bought outfit is my Halloween costume. It's a Joker costume. I'm going to wear that, along with having my hair and makeup done for a party. (Other members cut in, saying that they didn't get the invitation) The other members don't know about the party (laugh).
[Minho] First thing I bought myself ever since I was born? Before then, I always went shopping with my mother. But when I was in my 6th year of elementary school, I bought a pair of Nike sneakers for the first time on my own through Internet using money that I've been saving. It was the Air Max 95.
[Taemin] Since it's my second time working with Keita, I was able to interact with him comfortably. He chose items that suit us for this time as well. I like this coordination the most.
[Jonghyun] The first expensive thing that I bought was a Givenchy T-shirt. That was when I was 20. Among the styling that we donned this time, I like the one I'm wearing right now the most. Even the size is perfect with me.
[Onew] About two years ago, when I was buying myself clothes for the first time, Key brought me to various high end shops in Seoul. I bought a lot of clothes so I can't recall what they were.

Source: SPUR magazine
Translated by: red @ shineee.net

Kim Jaejoong – Allow this delightful man a TV variety show

Posted: 26 Nov 2012 07:00 AM PST

Hallyu star JYJ Kim Jaejoong. Kim Jaejoong in real life is more vivacious than I expected. At the photo shooting set for the interview, he kept talking with the PR staffs and the agency officials. There is only one topic. He want to promote even just a little more his debut movie , and to have more chance, even just a little more, to express himself in front of his fans.

Kim Jaejoong plays an arrogant Hallyu star in . He nags at his manager, ignores his fans. It's a thoughtless bastard character.

"Because I have appeared in traditional dramas, I really wanted to do something different. I wanted to show a more relaxed and free image. Actually, since has many comical scenes, many things were exaggerated. However, in such process, my honest image can be seen. I want to show everyone that Kim Jaejoong also has this aspect; that Kim Jaejoong can also act like that."

is Kim Jaejoong's debut movie. Although it was burdensome, he could comfortably approach [the movie] because its genre is comedy. "I still don't have enough experience to take the lead role." Kim Jaejoong humbly said.

"In case of drama, the episodes are airing while the drama is shooting, so we can know the reaction from time to time. But movies are not like that. We had the press premiere and I was really nervous. It was like I was waiting for my score after completing all my homework. Would you believe me if I say that I was so horrified that I got goosebumps?"

"Now that I think about it, there are some scenes where I should have overacted more. At the filming set I thought that it was OK but after watching the movie, I think differently. Rather than one flow, it should have had some up-and-down emotions. It's regrettable."

To the question about what satisfies him the most, Kim Jaejoong praised himself, "I think I'm good at kissing scenes. It was hard but I could do it without NG." He playfully revealed, "I really feel sorry toward my co-actresses but up to now there hasn't been any kiss scene that made my heart flutter. Jihyo noona or Kim Sungryung sunbaenim, even Wang Jihye who was my partner in drama are the same. Strangely, my fans weren't jealous. Instead, they were jealous of the actors? (Laugh)" After a few seconds, he waved his hand and said, "It's because I concentrated on the acting."

In , Choi Hyun played by Kim Jaejoong is tenaciously chased around by sasaeng fans. In reality, Kim Jaejoong also had hard time because of sasaeng fans.

"Actually, yesterday when I was coming back home from the mart, those people (T/N: sasaeng fans) were in front of my house. 'They are still like that', that thought came to my mind. It's just really sad. If my daughter becomes sasaeng fan of someone, I'll shave her head."

"If you get caught by fans on the street, what will you do?" "I won't answer till the end.   Even if they look at me with suspicion, I will absolutely not turn my head. At the moment, I should be a person who is not me. (Laugh)"

We asked him where we can accidentally encounter Kim Jaejoong. He chose his favorite restaurant (T/N: originally 백반집 (baekban-jib), where they serve meal with a bowl of rice, soup, and side dishes) and the large bookstore located in Kangnam.  It turns out that Kim Jaejoong is a bookworm. "Strangely, most of the eyewitness accounts are about me being at the bar, I think nobody has seen me at the bookstore. It's because I am there quietly and unguardedly. Haha"

Source: BNT News via Nate
Translated by: Hannah @ PrinceJJ

A-JAX holds successful fan sign event for “2MYX”

Posted: 26 Nov 2012 06:30 AM PST

Rookie idol group A-JAX recently held various fan signings to celebrate the release of their first mini album, "2MYX".

On November 25th, A-JAX held fan sign events at book stores located in Seoul and Ilsan area. The first 150 fans who were able to purchase their new mini album were able to participate in the fan signing, which was attended not only by their local fans but their overseas fans as well.

During the event, the members gave surprise hugs and photo session with some lucky fans. And since majority of their fans were females, they made a standing ovation when a male fan appeared.

A-JAX members expressed, "It was great to meet up with so many fans, and we will do our best to hold more of such events."

Source: StarN News

Kim Tae Woo secretly turned down 6 billion KRW contract

Posted: 26 Nov 2012 06:05 AM PST

Singer Kim Tae Woo recently confessed to secretly turned down a 6 billion won contract offer during his days as a member of g.o.d.

On the November 23rd episode of SBS 'GO Show', Kim Tae Woo revealed, "When moving on from the 5th album to the 6th in g.o.d, all of the members' management contracts were about to expire. Thus, all of the members were deeply thinking about whether they were going to stay with Park Jin Young or not."

At that time, Kim Tae Woo revealed that he received an incredible offer through his father. He continued, "I was going to tell it to the other members, but Danny and Kye Sang already signed the management contract with the original agency, and Jun Hyung and Ho Young signed with Park Jin Young. Thus, I couldn't even mention about it."

He also revealed that he recently met with the members and confessed for the first time that he had received such an offer. When he was asked who showed the most anger, Kim Tae Woo replied, "It was Ho Young." He added, "He yelled at me for not telling it to him, and Kye Sang said that he will kill me."

‘Wolf Boy’ breaks 6 million viewers in 26 days

Posted: 26 Nov 2012 05:45 AM PST

'Wolf Boy' has proven to be quite the hit!

Starring Park Bo Young and Song Joong Ki, the movie 'Wolf Boy' passed the 6 million movier-goer mark in less than 26 days after its premiere.

At this rate, insiders say that the film may beat the record set by Hollywood blockbuster 'The Dark Knight Rises', which brought in 6,396,528 people in the same amount of time and domestic film 'The Good, The Bad, And The Ugly' with its 6,685,904 people. Currently 'Wolf Boy' is at third place at the box office.

The fantasy movie is about an outsider, wild wolf boy who meets and connects with a young girl who's ill and also closed off from society.

Source: KBS

HyunA poses for ‘The Bling’

Posted: 26 Nov 2012 05:20 AM PST

4minute's HyunA showed a different side of herself on her latest pictorial for the popular culture magazine, 'The Bling'.

In contrast to her provocative image on stage, HyunA showcased her adorable charm and lovely personality on the shoot. She exuded casual looks donning knitted clothes, back pack, scarf and cap to complete a winter concept.

An representative stated, "HyunA, who usually looks sexy on stage, was featured in the pictorial as an innocent and lovely girl."

Boom reveals jacket photo for “She Was Pretty”

Posted: 26 Nov 2012 04:55 AM PST

Singer and comedian Boom, who making a return into the music scene, has just released the album jacket photo for upcoming new single, "She Was Pretty".

Just a day before its official release, Boom unveiled the jacket photo for "She Was Pretty", showcasing his 180-degree transformation. Unlike his previous dance track "Let Me Play", Boom exudes a quiet charisma in the photo, hinting for some slower, serious beats.

"She Was Pretty" as composed by hit maker Kim Kun Woo. Unlike Boom's past tracks that consisted of a powerful hip-hop rhythm, it is said that the new single will feature Boom's emotional rap and will speak about a break-up.

f(x)'s Sulli is a pink lady for Instyle

Posted: 26 Nov 2012 04:34 AM PST

f(x)'s Sulli appears in the December issue of Instyle Magazine. She definitely rocks the mysterious lady look.She mentioned during the interview,"if you have beautiful thoughts you will become beautiful as well." Meanwhile,Sulli is currently working hard to get her driver license.

Yoon Sang Hyun releases “Run & Run” for ‘Tone-Deaf Clinic’ OST

Posted: 26 Nov 2012 04:32 AM PST

Singer and actor Yoon Sang Hyun has participated in the official soundtrack of his latest film, 'Tone-Deaf Clinic'.

On November 26th, Yoon Sang Hyun released his single "Run & Run" which will serve as the main theme song for the lead couple's romance. The song features a bright and cheerful melody, perfectly fitting with the film's comedy genre.

'Tone-Deaf Clinic' unfolds a story about a girl Dong Joo (Park Ha Sun) who is tone deaf but is determined to be a singer to be next to her crush. Shing Heung (Yoon Sang Hyun) a star instructor at tone deaf clinic helps Dong Joo by chance and begins to like her.

Check out the track below!

Suzy is envious of Lee Hyori’s figure

Posted: 26 Nov 2012 04:05 AM PST

miss A's Suzy recently expressed her admiration for Lee Hyori's figure.

On the November 25th installment of MBC's 'Entertainment Relay', Suzy appeared in the segment 'Rising Star' and openly shared her secret to a successful diet.

The reporter asked Suzy, "Is there a secret to the diet for the girl groups?" and Suzy honestly answered, "I just eat everything I want, but I try to skip dinner." However she added, "But I always crave for ramen for nigh snacks."

The reporter then asked which part of her body she's most confident in and Suzy chose her shoulders. When asked which female celebrity with a slim figure she's most envious of, she immediately selected Lee Hyori.

2AM transforms into femme fatals in Seoul concert

Posted: 26 Nov 2012 03:43 AM PST

2AM has excited their fans with surprising performances.

On November 24, 2AM held their 'The Way of Love concert' concert and entertained the 3,000 fans gathered at the Olympic Hall in Seoul with its string of over 20 group and solo performances.

In their exclusive concert, the four balladeers covered SISTAR's "Alone" while appearing perfectly transformed themselves into seductive girl group members. The members showed their sultry looks in red-hot costumes and heels.

2AM also drew interest by performing Taetiseo's "Twinkle", SECRET's "Poison", 2NE1's "I Love You" and Big Bang's "Fantastic Baby" with an acoustic band.

Watch the fancam below!

Psy pays for manager’s wedding

Posted: 26 Nov 2012 03:15 AM PST

The now international star Psy has displayed his close relations with his manager of 12 years by paying for the manager's entire wedding costs. The ceremony took place at a hotel in Seoul.

Following a common tradition in Korea to send a flower bouquet stand to the wedding, Psy added a message "To my brother Gyu-wan with love. Congratulations on your marriage."

The manager had been working with Psy since the singer's debut in 2000, for 12 years. Psy decided to pay for everything. Their bond completely exceeds the normal artist-manager bond. Singer Kim Jang Hoon sang the congratulatory song for the couple.

Source: KBS

Big Bang kicks off Japanese Dome concerts

Posted: 26 Nov 2012 02:53 AM PST

After traveling all around the world, Big Bang kicked off their Japan 3-Dome Tour by successfully finishing two days of show at Kyocera Dome in Osaka.

Big Bang attracted a total audience of 100,000 to their concerts, which were held at the Osaka Kyocera Dome on November 23 and 24 as part of the world tour 'Alive Galaxy Tour 2012'. Japanese fans filled up the entire dome, and as the members appeared on the stage, they roared out explosive cheers, shaking their light sticks.

The group held a concert tour in Japan last May and June, which attracted over 150,000 fans. Their upcoming Japanese tour stops which will see them perform at Tokyo Dome and Fukuoka Dome in addition to Osaka Dome is expected to draw more than 305,000 fans in attendance.

Having their concerts at domes are not easy even for Japanese domestic singers. However, Big Bang showed significant growth only three years since their Japan debut in July, 2009. It was revealed that the concert tour was organized for fans who were unable to participate in the concerts 6 months ago. Competition to get tickets were revealed to be really fierce and it was the same situation 6 months later.

Big Bang's world tour is currently heading for the end, and the quality of their performances are being highly graded from all over the world.

Boom to return as a singer with new single “Beautiful”

Posted: 26 Nov 2012 02:23 AM PST

Singer and comedian Boom is making a return into the music scene with his brand new single, "Beautiful".

Boom introduced his upcoming fourth digital single album via Loen TV's C.S.I (Coming Soon Interview). The video provides the fans some behind-the-scenes footage, interview as well as a snippet of the song.

"Beautiful" was composed by hit maker Kim Kun Woo. Unlike Boom's past tracks that consisted of a powerful hip-hop rhythm, the single will feature Boom's emotional rap and will speak about a break-up.

The single will be released on November 27th.

Check out the video below!

SHINee releases MV for “1000 Years, Always By Your Side”

Posted: 26 Nov 2012 02:07 AM PST

The boys of SHINee have just released the full music video for new Japanese single, "1000 Years, Always By Your Side"!

"1000 Years, Always By Your Side" is a combination of the various members' amazing vocals and harmonized voices. The song is about the 1000 years of feelings that SHINee had always wanted to express and is expected to have the ability to surpass classic narrative songs.

Check out the MV below!

TVXQ releases "Humanoids" MV

Posted: 26 Nov 2012 01:38 AM PST

TVXQ releases the full MV of their follow up song "Humanoids",check out the full MV below

Go Soo & Han Hyo Joo spotted filming "Running Man"

Posted: 26 Nov 2012 01:30 AM PST

Go Soo and Han Hyo Joo's photo at the filming set of Running Man is revealed.

On 26th November,a photo with the title "Running Man" 's latest episode filming is shared online,Go Soo and Han Hyojoo are seen wearing their name tags in the photo.

Do you anticipate this episode?

Real 2PM airs LIVE TOUR in Shanghai "What Time Is It?" episode

Posted: 26 Nov 2012 12:57 AM PST

Real 2PM airs its latest episode featuring the boys in Shanghai for their concert.

Check out the BTS video below

miss A holds successful fan meeting in Taiwan

Posted: 25 Nov 2012 10:55 PM PST

miss A is officially kicking off its Chinese career. The group, which has two Chinese members, visited Taiwan and took part in interviews with various media outlets as well as successful fan meeting.

The fan meeting was followed by an autograph session and showcase at the Neo Studio located in downtown Taipei. Despite the rainy weather, approximately 1,000 Taiwanese fans gathered to see the girls, and 1,000 tickets were all sold out.

In addition, Fahrenheit's Calvin Chen was also present at the event, highlighting the great influence and popularity of miss A.

JYP Entertainment said, "miss A members had a very precious time in Taiwan. Please show a lot of support so that they can continue their promotion in the Chinese region more smoothly."

Girls’ Generation’s Yuri sneaks into a crowd of fans

Posted: 25 Nov 2012 10:35 PM PST

Girls' Generation's Yuri managed to sneak into a crowd of fans to watch the rehearsals.

SM Entertainment recently tweeted, "Yuri is watching the rehearsal with the Singapore fans. We're wondering who will make a surprise appearance in Bangkok", and uploaded a photo of Yuri.

In the photo, Yuri is wearing black sunglasses and hides her face around with a denim jacket. Yuri poses cutely at the camera as she hid among the crowd watching other SM Entertainment stars rehearse for Singapore concert.

IU shows sexy side for Japanese calendar

Posted: 25 Nov 2012 10:23 PM PST

Singer IU has revealed her mature and sexy charms for her upcoming Japanese calendar.

Recently on an online community board, a picture has been uploaded under the title 'IU 2013 Japanese calendar cover'. The picture was taken from IU's 2013 Japanese calendar which will be included on her special holiday release, 'IU♥ONE~New Year's Gift from IU'.

In the picture, IU stunned netizens with her mature transformation. With her bright red lips, wavy hair and black fur coat, the singer is exposing her bare shoulder and giving a provocative look to the camera.

After School’s Lizzy states that she has a better body than UEE

Posted: 25 Nov 2012 09:55 PM PST

After School's Lizzy believes she has a better body than fellow member UEE.

On the November 24 episode of MBC TV's 'Quiz To Change The World', Lizzy made a guest appearance and impressed the viewers with her acting skills speaking in dialect.

When asked whether UEE gave her any advice on acting, Lizzy answered, "I told her I'd be acting in dialect and just she told me to do whatever makes me comfortable." Upon hearing her answer, the MCs suspected that UEE and Lizzy weren't really close to which Lizzy responded, "We're close…," evoking laughter.

Lizzy then confidently stated the she has the best body among After School members. She explained, "I have seen UEE without any clothing on, so I can guarantee that I have a better figure than hers. She has lost a lot of weight recently, so in terms of volume, I have all three levels."

Yang Hyun Suk dislikes Maroon 5?

Posted: 25 Nov 2012 09:30 PM PST

YG Entertainment's head Yang Hyun Suk jokingly expressed his grudge for talented American band Maroon 5.

On the recent episode of SBS 'K-Pop Star: Season 2', a young contestant named Bang Ye Dam performed a medley of Psy's "Gangnam Style" and Maroon 5's "Moves Like Jagger" with his harmonica.

Yang Hyun Suk jokingly commented, "You seemed to have chosen a wrong song. I don't really like Maroon 5." He then explained, "They're currently blocking Psy to get the #1 spot of the Billboard charts", giving laughter to everyone.

KARA shows individual charms for ‘Dazed & Confused’

Posted: 25 Nov 2012 09:10 PM PST

In addition to Goo Hara's pictorial, other KARA members graced the cover of 'Dazed & Confused' magazine, displaying each member's individual charms.

Park Gyuri showed her own distinctive charisma and transformed into goddess queen. Nicole portrayed a fierce yet lovely devil girl and Han Seungyeon is a bold femme fatale. The maknae Kang Jiyoung transformed into mature, sophisticated woman and Goo Hara is a beautiful winter princess.

Staff on set commented that despite their busy schedules, the members successfully and accurately portrayed their pictorial's concept.