- miss A says "I Don't Need A Man" on Love Request
- Unique Characters Attract Attention in the Movie “Codename: Jackal”
- Jaejoong’s Press Conference for his Vietnam Fanmeet
- T-ara's Dani, "Excited to wear a school uniform for the first time"
- Park Bom cuts her hair
- Beyond 'Gangnam' True Wild Heart of K-pop" BigBang Performs at the Prudential Center - NY Times
- Victoria is too pretty drinking coffee!
- Hangeng's message on Super Junior's 7th anniversary!
- After School's Lizzy reveals an adorable selca
- D-Unit releases dance version Luv Me MV
- Byul celebrates her 10-year singing career with 'Nostalgia''
- EXID performs Every Night on Sketchbook
- 2PM releases Junho's poster for world tour 2012
- Artists confirmed for MAMA 2012
- Kim Hyun Joong becomes a 'winter man' for Hangten
- FIESTAR say "We Don't Stop" on Music Core
- Roh Ji Hoon debuts with "Punishment" on Music Core
- Boyfriend is back with "Janus" on Music Core
- Seulong's posters for '26 Years" released!
- Seung-Chan's Diary "Blizzard War"
- Jaejoong and Yoochun top the List of “Favorite Korean Actors” by Japanese Mpost.tv
- Sooyoung Leaves ‘Goodbye’ Messages for ‘The 3rd Hospital’
- SNSD share their stories in 'G-Star Raw' interview.
- 121110 Music Core Performers List
- Victoria is so sexy for "IPKN"
Posted: 10 Nov 2012 07:49 AM PST
Posted: 10 Nov 2012 07:00 AM PST
The legend of a killer, and the unique kidnapping encounters of the killer, unfolded in the theatre.
The episodes in the movie "Codename: Jackal" revolve around the last mission of the legendary killer Bong Min Jung, which happens to be the kidnapping of top star Choi Hyun.
All of the protagonists, each with a different intention in mind, all end up in one hotel, where the story begins in earnest.
Entering the hotel as guests with a plan to infiltrate and capture the Legendary killer Bong Min Jung while rescuing the top star Choi Hyun, a rural detective and a top special agent join forces and enter a unique and hilarious team situation.
What happens in the restrictive space of the hotel is an abduction of a top star played out with a breathtaking combination of characters and personalities.
In particular, Song JiHyo, who the killer Bong Min Jung, has the perfect mix of staunch yet clumsy character and Kim Jaejoong, who plays the top star Choi Hyun, is powerful and eye-catching even though it was his first time challenging a film role.
[Basic descriptions of the characters omitted]
The film is both a thriller and a comedy in genre and combines a kidnapping plot with unique sets, comic lines and a set of characters that mesh with each other very well in a way that is evident [to the audience].
However the hidden suspense that shows Jackal's true colors emerges in the latter part of the movie when a unexpected role reversal is revealed.
If you are looking forward to a simple romantic comedy between Song JiHyo and Kim Jaejoong you might be disappointed, but what you will find is an interesting, exciting story of a female killer and a top star that is fresh and fun.
Meanwhile, "Codename: Jackal" is set to be released to the public on November 15th.
Source: Star N News
Shared by: PrinceJJ
Please take out in accordance with our rules.
Posted: 10 Nov 2012 06:50 AM PST
Q1: This is your 2nd time in Vietnam, what do you feel [about the country]?
JJ: My previous trip to Vietnam was for a charity football game, but this time I got to come to meet fans. I could feel atmosphere and the fans' love more this 2nd time around. I am very please and happy with this/to be here.
Q2: Between love, family, friends, or work–which would you choose?
JJ: This is a hard question to answer. For me, I would choose work because every time I work, my family, friends, and lover can see me whenever I appear.
Q3: What is your impression of the Vietnamese fans when you arrived?
JJ: This is the first time I come to Vietnam for other purposes*, so I want to create a greater(/fresh) impression of Vietnamese fans. Hopefully I'll have a lot of memories when I return to Korea.
(*T/N: other than work-related like singing [a.k.a. he was able to come to freely = he doesn't think fanmeetings as work-related for him])
Q4: For this fan meeting, what is there special for Vietnamese fans who have been waiting for 7 years?
JJ: I have very carefully prepared before coming to Vietnam [about what to do]. There will be a lot of fun things planned and I'll sing for the fans. Because in Indonesia, due to me being sick, therein I had to use an iPad to communicate with my fans.
Q5: Have you tried eating Vietnamese food yet and what do you think of it?
JJ: I really liked eating Pho (Vietnamese noodle soup) in South Korea. Having come to Vietnam, I've eaten it 2 times already in one day; my face has swollen up from eating too much [of it].
Q6: Will JYJ hold a world tour after a new album CD release?
JJ: "Of course!"
Q7: Any future plans in your personal life? /
Can you share a little about what going on in your life right now?
(T/N: The question differs a little between the 2 articles)
JJ: I am preparing work for music, films, TV; I have a lot of plans [in progress]. /
I'm preparing for an upcoming new film release and new TV (drama). I also still intend to keep working on my music.
Q8: When do you plan to get married?
JJ: Since I was young, I thought I'll already be married but I'm not right now; I'm still young, I'm just 27 years old. I still have time to experience love more later. / I still have a lot to do, therefore [my] love story has to be for some time later.
After answering the marriage question, Jaejoong got shy~ ^///^
Afterwards, Jaejoong posed for pictures and left to head to SECC [to further prepare for his fan meeting]
one of the reporters who attended the press conference
Posted: 10 Nov 2012 06:20 AM PST
T-ara's Dani confessed that it was her first time wearing a school uniform when she started filming for the KBS drama "2013 School".
Her agency Core Contents Media said, "Dani was 14 years old and in elementary school in the United States and was on a vacation to Korea when she was cast. Since she's been here in Korea, the first time she's able to wear a school uniform is through the drama shooting."
Dani said, "It's amazing to wear a school uniform for the first time and shoot with my unnies and oppas. It's fun and feels like I'm really in school when we film."
Before debuting with T-ara, Dani was cast in "School 2013" which begins airing on December 3rd.
"School 2013" is written by Lee Hyunjoo and the PD is Lee Minhong who both worked for the original "School" and "Dream High". It stars Choi Daniel, Jang Nara, Lee Hanwi, Park Seyong, Kim Woobin and 5dolls Ryu Hyoyoung.
Translated by: Nathaniel @ Diadem
Posted: 10 Nov 2012 05:45 AM PST
2NE1 member Park Bom's new hair is a hot topic with the two gorgeous selca's she shared.
On the 3rd, Bom shared two stunningly gorgeous shots of herself along with "Hair is short now…ㅋㅋㅋ I cut off all my hair~^^ and "No more long hair~~…ㅋㅋㅋ" through her me2DAY and Twitter. Her head slightly tilted in one and in both she's staring at the camera.
She sported her usual trademark smoky-eyes but this time her long trademark hair is gone and instead she's sporting her "new" short hair. It's the first time she ever had her hair so short since debut and it suprised many. Ofcourse Bom did not fail to rock it as she showed her new "youthfull" cute side. Even though it's cute many dub it as a "mature" look aswell. She also dyed her hair to a brown/reddish color as it was near blonde previously.
Bom's facial features and lines caught the attention of many aswell as it seems like she lost a bit of weight and looks even more prettier according to many.
Many netizens who saw the pictures commented with "After Sandara Park's "bansak" shocking haircut, followed by Minzy's short haircut it's now Bom's turn to shock us" "She looks so stunning!" "Unnie is so pretty" "She looks even more like a doll" "Where can I buy a doll like her?" "She looks way younger now" "Unnie went back in time keke" "2NE1′s comeback is near" "Bom's bobbed hair transformation, so fresh!" "Pretty doll" and many more showing a variety of reactions.
Translated By: Yasmine@WeLoveBom
Posted: 10 Nov 2012 05:20 AM PST
NEWARK — What you have to understand is that "Gangnam Style," the goofy crossover hit that has given K-pop a global profile — it has even reached No. 2 on the Billboard Hot 100 — is still something of an outlier, a lightly ironic sendup of the genre's eccentricities. But it's very hard to parody something that gets more outrageous by the day.
If anything, the center of K-pop is far stranger. Take "Crayon," by G-Dragon, an electro-rave-meets-Southern-hip-hop thumper with a video that makes the excesses of, say, Missy Elliott and Nicki Minaj in that medium look like tiny incremental gains. It is kaleidoscopically weird, hilariously comic and sinisterly effective.
G-Dragon is a member of BigBang, the long-running K-pop boy band, which played its first show in the New York area at the Prudential Center here on Thursday night. He performed "Crayon" early in the night, wearing a jacket with the head of a white tiger attached to the back, a pair of black Air Yeezy 2s and bleached blond hair standing straight up like sheaves of pesticide-soaked wheat.
And that wasn't even the most energized part of this vibrant show, in which BigBang — G-Dragon, T.O.P., Seungri, Taeyang and Daesung — performed more than two dozen songs wearing almost as many outfits, and in unusual setups: before "How Gee," which could pass for an early Teddy Riley production, members of the group took to the stage on gilded Segways and lowrider bicycles.
Over the years G-Dragon has emerged as the flamboyant center of the group. He has a soft voice but a shrieking exterior. He's balanced out by T.O.P., who raps nimbly in a basso profundo voice and has a regal bearing, even walking around the stage wielding a scepter. Taeyang is the group's battery, a compact dancer and singer with a tender voice. Daesung has a totally credible R&B voice — during a solo song, dancers affixed wings to his back, and he soared over the crowd on a wire — and the baby-faced Seungri plays the straight man.
At one point Seungri called G-Dragon a genius and told him, "I love you." It can be a challenge to dig up subtext in K-pop, which gleams with outlandish visuals and candy-coated sentiments, but maybe this was penance of a sort for the recent romance scandals that have dogged Seungri in Asian tabloids.
K-pop can be so heavily referential as to be post-referential. The band wove an interpolation of the signature guitar crunch of Nirvana's "Smells Like Teen Spirit" into a song. Multiple members of the group beatbox, a technique that's hardly, if ever, used in mainstream American hip-hop, its birthplace, but is a routine part of the K-pop star arsenal. Late in the night Taeyang, heavily tattooed, with long braids and a bandanna worn just so, tore his tank top in two, Usher-style, and did a back flip, which is probably beyond Usher's skill set.
(Throughout, BigBang was backed by a cadre of dancers, the men emphasizing break dancing.)
BigBang's more recent material is bubblier and more frenetic, like "Fantastic Baby" (the chorus of which, to be fair, does bear a passing resemblance to the buzzing beat of "Gangnam Style"), but toward the end of the show, the group devoted time to more blatantly romantic fare like "Monster" and "Cafe."
This show was the first of two nights at the arena, part of a short but loud American tour for an act that, while it has a big following in this country, has not yet achieved American pop success. At the end of the night, during a long encore, Taeyang kept singing the hook from Alicia Keys and Jay-Z's "Empire State of Mind," as if he could single-handedly change that.
Note: This article will be run in the NY Times on November 10th.
Source: NY Times
Taken from vip4daesung via BBU
Posted: 10 Nov 2012 05:02 AM PST
1st Message: 喝杯咖啡提提神～
Translation : Drink a cup of coffee to boost up energy~
2nd Message: 托大家的福，第一次国内的综艺节目录制顺利地结束了～谢谢大家的支持～你们是我在中国坚实的后盾
Translation : With everyone's blessing, the first recording of domestic variety show was successfully concluded. Thanks everyone for the supports~ You are my solid backing in China.
Source: Victoria's Weibo
Translated by: Babitu @ ForSongQian
Posted: 10 Nov 2012 04:45 AM PST
Although he's now focusing on his solo career in China, Super Junior's former member Hangeng never forgets where he came from. Through his weibo account, he wrote a special message.
It's seven years, this process, it was all of you who gave me the best gift. On this journey there are many people who are better than me, there are many people who work harder than me, but I was the luckiest, I had you all, seven year debut anniversary, I love you all!
Source: Han Geng Weibo
Translated by: email@example.com
Posted: 10 Nov 2012 03:52 AM PST
After School's Lizzy updated her Twitter on 9th November.
She wrote,"My Sons filming~~Although i am not good enough but i will work hardㅠㅠ."
She is seen wearing a green top with cartoon print,garnering much attention with her sweet smile.
Fans commented,"She's prettier","So cute with the headphone","Hwaiting in filming","more feminine now" and etc.
Posted: 10 Nov 2012 03:15 AM PST
Posted: 10 Nov 2012 02:50 AM PST
Ballad queen Byul has just released her mini album 'Nostalgia' to celebrate her 10-year singing career.
Byul debuted in 2002 with 'December 32nd' and in the same year she was honored as the best rookie. After that she released a lot of hits such as 'Tear Glands', 'Safety',... Till now she is one of the solo singers who has a lot of hits like 'Before touching two cheeks', 'Words engraved in my heart', 'I think I' which were assessed as the all-time best OSTs.
In particular, Byul shows her own style in music industry. This time, through mini album 'Nostalgia', Byul brought to audiences a new mature and professional image after 10 years of singing.
In addition, in this mini album, Byul not only majored in singing but also composing. She joined composing the music and writing the lyric with a new name 'Kim Go Eun' which made fan interested.
Byul shared, "For 10 years I have never thought about anything except bringing good music to everyone. Till now it's still the same, I want to try a lot of music styles and bring my sincerity into my own music".
Source: bnt news
Written by Jenny@dkpopnews
Posted: 10 Nov 2012 02:25 AM PST
Posted: 10 Nov 2012 01:50 AM PST
Posted: 10 Nov 2012 01:23 AM PST
The biggest Asian music festival MAMA 2012 will be held in the afternoon of November 30 at Hong Kong convention and exhibition centre (HKCEC). A lot of top stars from Korea, China such as Psy, Super Junior, Big Bang, Jackie Chan, Wang Lee Hom... will attend the award.
MAMA 2012 will be an unforgettable award for kpop fans as many popular idols will attend the show. Both Psy and Super Junior confirmed to join MAMA this year in Hong Kong. Recently, Big Bang, Sistar and Taiwan singer Wang Lee Hom have also confirmed to appear on MAMA stage.
With their slogan "Music makes One", MAMA 2012 is expected to connect and help music lovers all around the world become One.
Jung Il Woo and Song Seung Hun will also appear at MAMA as guests
Mnet's president, Ham Dong Chul shared: "MAMA is the music award represent Asia, and this year's award - 4th award - is the most important one. Within the past 2 years, MAMA has implemented as a music award for Asian area. The previous awards were held in Macau and Singapore. This year, the event once again shows the strength of Asian culture, with Kpop is in the centre".
and Yoon Eun Hye will also appear at MAMA 2012.
Are you ready to welcome them, Hong Kong ?
Posted: 10 Nov 2012 12:50 AM PST
Hangten has just released their new fashion photoshoot for winter featuring hot model Kim Hyun Joong.
Kim Hyun Joong shows off a well-harmonized style with wool and many kinds of jackets, seems active and classic.
In the photoshoot, he attracts attention with his deep look and and impressive poses. He is really a 'winter man' who freezes every female's hearts.
Posted: 10 Nov 2012 12:20 AM PST
Posted: 10 Nov 2012 12:16 AM PST
Posted: 10 Nov 2012 12:14 AM PST
Posted: 09 Nov 2012 11:30 PM PST
Posted: 09 Nov 2012 11:00 PM PST
We had to travel to New York after finishing schedules in Los Angeles, for a Live on Thursday.
But there was news that it would be hard because of a blizzard hurricane in New York this morning. So we were worried with cancelled flights.. We could not help taking a flight that was the only choice.. 5 hours and a half to New York JFK airport. It's so far even though we flew from US to the US.. We had nothing to worry about at the time we departed.. But we arrived in Buffalo, not in New York.
Pilots said JFK airport in New York was discharged because of snowing. We have been boarding planes several times... but it was the first accident so no one knew what to do.. it took more that 10 hours to go to New York from Buffalo... But searching for a bus for 30 people was also a problem... we might be late..
At that moment, the pilot said he would challenge to go to New York.. I thought "is it ok?" but believed in his confidence! We approached New York, and the blizzard was so.. terrible. I was worried about the landing.. But the pilot's confidence was right. Safe~~ we arrived in New York safely.
Here is still suffering from hurricane Sandy, but blizzard again... Everyone has been hit so hard i think.. Please calm down, Sky/God.
We came here to keep fan's promise. There's no "Cancel" with Bigbang.. Tomorrow's Live, fighting Seungchan!
Source and Translation: @Shrimpljy
Posted: 09 Nov 2012 10:30 PM PST
Posted: 09 Nov 2012 10:00 PM PST
Updated with Sooyoung's message on Girls' Generation's official website:
"Everyone ^ㅡ^ How have you been?!
Sooyoung has been spending each day busily due to the upcoming Japanese album release♥
The album.. you really won't regret looking forward to it! It's simply daebak..^^
From our album to our tour next year.. I'm getting nervous already^^
Today is 'The 3rd Hospital"s last broadcastㅠㅠ
From the time I received the script, around this time last year, up to today's last broadcast,
I'm really happy I was able to be Euijin^^! How was it for you all?^^
If you all.. were happy, laughing, and crying with Euijin each day,
Then that alone… makes me not regret! My first acting attempt.^^
Because it was a preproduction while preparing and filming, as if I were showing my mom my report card,
I was half excited and nervous.. Also as to how you all would think of it..
But now that I'm done with it, aside from the results of whether I did well or not, the moments I was Euijin,
and all the hard working people who looked in the same direction for one work, I just miss it all.. ^^
While it's important to do your all in focusing on your role..
The current times that won't come again, the precious times with all the people in that one spot,
makes me think.. I should have relaxed and enjoyed it some more^^ ㅎㅎ
During my next work.. I should be able to become a more relaxed Sooyoung, right??^^
ㅎㅎ SONE will pat Ddooyoung's bottom then, right?!?? +_+ (Translator's note: pat her bottom as if saying "good job")
Our SONE and all 'The 3rd Hospital' viewers who watched the original broadcast, thank you!^^
Lastly, to all the Euijins..Minjuns.. and also friends who are currently somewhere fighting, hoping for tomorrow..
I hope that our story was of some help, and I will always pray for you.
I love you♥"
Updated with Sooyoung's gift to the staff.
Since the last episode of "The 3rd Hospital" will air on November 8th, Sooyoung left a "goodbye" video message to thank the viewers for watching.
In addition to the video, Sooyoung delivered makeup sets along with handwritten letters and autographed Girls' Generation CDs to the entire 100-member staff, who she has shared ups and downs with together from late winter (last year) to this summer while filming. It was said the message carried in the letter read, "I had fun and was happy living as Euijin. Thank you."
"The 3rd Hospital" is Sooyoung's first drama where she takes a lead role. In the drama, Sooyoung plays the role of Lee Euijin, a viola player who has a crush on Kim Seunghyun, played by Oh Jiho. Through Lee Euijin, viewers can see the many sides of Sooyoung's acting, from a happy-go-lucky aegyo girl to a mature young woman dealing with her illness. Not only did Sooyoung receive praise for her acting skills from the viewers, but she also received praise from her co-star, Oh Jiho.
Sources: CJENMDRAMA@YouTube.com, Osen, Girls' Generation's official website
Written by: dandan87@soshified
Edited by: SeraphKY@soshified, MoonSoshi9@soshified, taengsoshi@soshified
Posted: 09 Nov 2012 09:30 PM PST
It's a day filled with SNSD's gorgeousness and their goodies from Japan's 'G-Star Raw', following their behind-the-scene videos and their pictures from the brand, here comes their interview as the brand's first Asian endorsers.
1. What kind of image do you have of G-STAR RAW?
2. What do you think of Japanese female fashion?
3. What part of yourself do you think is your "strength?" Also, what part do you think is SNSD's "strength?"
4. Please leave a message for your Japanese fans.
1. No matter where you take a picture, it feels as if you're a celebrity.
2. That each of their own fashionable style leaves an impression.
3. Maybe my strong point is my bright mood? ^^
Girls' Generation's "strength" is our teamwork! The word "companion" fits perfectly! After that...our bright mood? (laughs)
4. I'm really happy that our fans are with us! Let's continue to create a lot of fun memories together!
1. During the Japanese Gee promotions, we often wore [G-star], so I remember that time.
2. They don't fear taking on challenges and I think they express their personal unique style well.
3. SNSD's specialty is having teamwork. When we are all together, we really become one entity. When that happens, I think the energy that we give off is enormous.
And, personally, I think, like G-star, I have a part where I'm strong while being gentle, but... (laughs)
4. Everyone, I really thank everyone who always support us! Please look forward to our collaboration with G-star.
1. I want to try wearing a non-skinny silhouette style jean next time!
2. I think it's great that they're able to clearly express their individuality, their confident fashion is very fresh, and overflowing with energy.
3. When I can inspire myself by myself. Everyday I feel that everything can change depending on my own feelings and I learn from that. No matter what hardship, there has to be a part that I can learn from, so I think my strengths are looking on the good side and boldly taking action.
SNSD's strength is that all 9 of us love each other deeply and we feel the same passion towards our work.
Actually, since we have lived with each other for over 10 years like a family, we depend on each other. Also, no matter what we always happily cheer up and because we can be natural around each other, even during hard times we always don't naturally give up and I think that becomes the driving force to do our best.
4. To the fans who always cheer us on! We will try hard to respond to everyone with even more good music! I'm really impressed and happy that there are Japanese fans who imitate our outfits. Please look forward to our new appearance this time with G-Star! Please love SNSD a lot from now on ^^
1. It gives an impression of being mannish and cool, but surprisingly there are a lot of feminine clothes and it's cute!
2. Sometimes it's free, sometimes its showing one's own charm boldy; there are many ways to express it and I also want to learn by observing that confidence and good sense.
3. Hmm, when I assert that my part is right and also when I can meet and understand other people's parts and praise them for that. I think this is both my strength and gentle part.
I think SNSD's strength is teamwork.
4. Everyone, thank you for giving us a lot of love. Please continue to support us! I love you! ^^
1. Even though the pants were tight fitting during filming or work, it was still very easy to move in.
2. It's good that they have their own style. They have confidence and I think their forms of expressing their personality is cool.
3. I think my strong point is the fact that I'm not afraid of challenges and able accept new changes.
I think Girls' Generation's "strength" is that even though we're so different, we get stronger together through our bonds.
4. We'll continue to become the kind of Girls' Generation that can show everyone a good appearance while challenging new things. So please look forward to it, and love it. Thank you.
1. I think it has just the right kind of cool styling image.
2. The biggest characteristic is just how strong their individual styles are.
3. I think my "strength" is that regardless of where I am, I don't come off as too strong or too weak, but just balanced. Maybe? ^^
Girls' Generation's "strength" is "the last time" (laugh). For example, if filming goes on for a long time, once we think it's the last shot, we'll all mutually have fun and be able to concentrate even more because of that. ^^
4. Thank you so much for always giving us your love. ^^
Please give Girls' Generation and G-Star lots of love~
1. I remember seeing [G-star] in a shop on Rodeo Drive when I went to LA for work.
2. Japanese female fashion is lovely+sexy+cute+cool+tough! It's cool how they can express all kinds of charms at the same time! It's appealing! Personally, I love Japanese fashion!
3. My strength is... I think my eyes! I always have strength within my smiling eyes... (laughs)
And SNSD's "strength" is no matter how painful it is, we will always win with our teamwork!
4. I'm really happy to be able to collab with G-star and to be able to meet everyone! Thanks to all our fans who always give their love, I think we are able to do a great activity like this! Please give us a lot of love from now as well!
1. I heard it is a popular brand in Europe!
2. I think a lot of them follow their own style rather than fashion trends. To really know your own charms and expressing them is wonderful.
3. Personally, I think it's my smiling face. Even when I'm very tired, when I smile there are times when I feel I can be strong. However, I'm still lacking in many areas. (laughs) As for SNSD, the core of our teamwork is like family. Within that includes compromise, unity, and many other aspects (laughs)
4. Thank you very much for always giving us love!! From now on together and forever with SNSD, and please love G-Star~
1. The items are rich, so I didn't know in the beginning that it was a denim brand!
2. They know their own charms really well and I think there are a lot of girls who can produce [outfits] really well, so I'm envious.
3. Our strength is the power of unity when all 9 of us gather together more than as individuals and when there is a balance, I think that is our strength more than anything else. And personally... I feel like my strength is no matter what kind of situation it is I think positively and I can always prepare my body and mind to put out positive energy.
4. Everyone~ Let's do our best everyday! Please support SNSD, fighting!
Posted: 09 Nov 2012 09:11 PM PST
Posted: 09 Nov 2012 09:00 PM PST
|You are subscribed to email updates from Latest K-pop News - K-pop News | Daily K Pop News |
To stop receiving these emails, you may unsubscribe now.
|Email delivery powered by Google|
|Google Inc., 20 West Kinzie, Chicago IL USA 60610|