Tuesday, November 27, 2012

"Who is Wonder Girls’ Sun marrying?" plus 19 more

"Who is Wonder Girls’ Sun marrying?" plus 19 more

Who is Wonder Girls’ Sun marrying?

Posted: 27 Nov 2012 08:55 AM PST

Wonder Girls fans already know Sun has been dating her boyfriend – now fiance – for over two years, but who exactly is she marrying?

She made her first announcement of the relationship on ‘Strong Heart‘, where she revealed, “It's someone I met a few months back. I would like to tell you more about him, but because he is in a different line of work from my own, I will refrain. He lives overseas and he has never been to Korea. He is a bit older than I am.

On a later episode of ‘Beatles Code‘, Sun revealed how she met him by saying, “I met my boyfriend in Haiti doing missionary work. He's still in Haiti right now.” On the show, she had even admitted that she may go live with her boyfriend in Haiti if they were to get married. So far, JYP Entertainment has confirmed that Sun will have her marriage in Korea, and that she will still be a part of the Wonder Girls.

Sun’s fiance is a missionary worker in Haiti, and is a Korean Canadian. He is also known to be a tall and handsome guy with a clean cut style. A photo of the pair along with a friend during a trip to Canada in January had been uploaded onto Twitter as well.

20121127_sun_fiance 20121127_sun_fiance2 20121127_sun_fiance3 20121127_sun_fiance4

Source: TV Daily via Nate

Girls’ Generation release second Japanese album ‘Girls’ Generation II: Girls & Peace’

Posted: 27 Nov 2012 08:19 AM PST

As November 28th hits Japan, the ladies of Girls’ Generation have released their second full length Japanese album ‘Girls’ Generation II: Girls & Peace‘.

The album contains 12 tracks in all including their singles “Paparazzi“, “Oh! / All My Love Is for You“, and “Flower Power“.

‘Girls’ Generation II: Girls & Peace’ comes in 3 different editions. The regular CD edition just containing the CD and costs approximately $37 USD, the First Press edition which includes the CD, a DVD with 4 PV’s and a 32 page photobook. costing approximately $48 USD. The Final edition is the Deluxe First Press which includes the CD, a DVD with 7 PV’s, a 40 page photobook, nine posters of each member, travel notebook, stickers, and a cosmetics case. The Deluxe First Press edition costs approximately $91 USD.

You can check out a few of the newer tracks from the album below and purchase it here.

Which is your favorite track?

“Animal”

“Not Alone”

“I’m A Diamond”

“T.O.P”

“Girls & Peace”

[Thanks to everyone who sent this in.]

Yenny and Jo Kwon congratulate Sun on her engagement

Posted: 27 Nov 2012 07:43 AM PST

Wonder Girls memeber Yenny and 2AM‘s Jo Kwon have congratulated Sun on her marriage announcement.

Yenny was the first to express herself on Twitter, writing, “Our Sun is finally officially taken!! Congratulations~~^^ Now we can just outright start preparing for her wedding!!! keke“.

Jo Kwon was a little more emotional because the pair have been close friends for 12 years. He wrote, “My best friend for 12 years, my lovely friend Sun is getting married!! It feels so different.. I still can’t believe it, but I think I’m going to cry my eyes out at the wedding.. Should I sing “Can’t Let You Go Even If I Die” at her wedding? hehe. Everyone, please congratulate Sun so she can be happy, and support her ^^“. A little later, he again wrote, “I spent half of my life with my friend and we comforted each other when we were feeling down, trusted each other and prayed for each other. We were young but we managed to win over the long, hard road and achieve our dreams, and I’m so thankful that we’re happy where we are, Sun. Since we’re still young, I’m going to become a friend you can help share your burden whether you’re happy or sad“, and uploaded a few photos showing their growth.

Once again, congratulations to Sun!

Source: Yenny’s Twitter, Jo Kwon’s Twitter

Eye Candy: Girl Group Main/Lead Vocals

Posted: 27 Nov 2012 06:38 AM PST

Following the last 'Eye Candy: Boy Band Main/Lead Vocals' edition courtesy of allkpop's staff, our 'Eye Candy' series continues with the main/lead vocals of girl groups!

Sure, these girls landed their spot in the group with their melodious voices, but that doesn't mean they can't look good while stealing your hearts with their voices. Check out the photos below and see just how they can take you away with their faces as well!

(Not in any particular order)

Girls’ Generation‘s Taeyeon
f(x)‘s Luna
SISTAR‘s Hyorin

2NE1‘s Bom
miss A‘s Min

After School/Orange Caramel‘s Raina

KARA‘s Gyuri

SECRET‘s Jieun
Girl’s Day‘s Minah

Brown Eyed Girls‘ JeA
A Pink‘s Eunji

Wonder Girls‘ Sun
T-ara‘s Soyeon
4minute‘s Gayoon
Did we miss out on your favorite main/lead singer? Do you have any other main/lead singers that you like? Sound off in the comments!

Kim Bum successfully finishes off his ‘KIM BUMM JAPAN LIVE 2012’ concert in front of 2,000 fans

Posted: 27 Nov 2012 06:26 AM PST

Kim Bum recently finished off his first concert in Japan, 'KIM BUM JAPAN LIVE 2012', in front of over 2,000 fans.

Kim Bum held his concert on the 21st and 22nd at the Stellar Ball in Tokyo’s Shinagawa Prince Hotel. The actor who recently celebrated his 8th anniversary since his debut, specially prepared his own stage alongside a band and performed in front of over 2,000 fans.

Last June during the promotions for his first Japanese album ‘Home Town‘,  Kim Bum promised his Japanese fans that the next time he returns to Japan, he will perform a live concert and he delivered on that promise. Kim Bum sang a total of 11 songs during the concert, including many of his hit songs.

Kim Bum shared, “Because this is my first concert, I was nervous and excited but I think this will stay as a fun and precious memory. I am thankful to all the Japanese fans who came out to support me even though I am lacking. I’ve always wanted to do a band performance, so I am joyful and happy that I was able to perform like this.”

In other news, Kim Bum will be starring in the upcoming SBS drama, That Winter, The Wind Blows, which will premiere this February. Kim Bum will also be starring alongside actor Kim Kang Woo in the movie, Miracle, which will premiere at the start of 2013.

Solbi reveals her sexy abs

Posted: 27 Nov 2012 05:40 AM PST

Solbi revealed her well-toned body just in time for the release of her book ‘Body Secret’.

She posted the photos on her me2day with, “After my morning work-out in Busan.. After I finished my book ‘Body Secret’ and received the printing fee.. I realized gaining weight is not an option.. So i’m exercising while traveling keke. Lets be careful of our increasing appetites during winter ^^Read ‘Body Secret’ if you want to know about my diet ^^!

Netizens commented with, “So pretty“, “I’m jealous“, and “I want to have her body.

Source + image via Solbi’s me2day

‘Superstar K4′ winner Roy Kim spotted attending school

Posted: 27 Nov 2012 04:11 AM PST

Superstar K4‘ winner Roy Kim was recently spotted by fans attending school and is receiving attention online.

The photos were uploaded online by a fan on the 26th and showed Roy Kim busily working on an exam in school. The singer looks chic while wearing a white t-shirt and black slacks, and showed off his ‘boy next door’ image by politely posing for the fan’s secret camera shot.

Netizens commented, “He looks clever” and “He has broad shoulders.”

Congrats on winning ‘Superstar K4′, Roy Kim!

INFINITE’s Sunggyu discusses his solo debut + interview with 10asia

Posted: 27 Nov 2012 04:09 AM PST

On November 26th, online magazine 10asia recently conducted an interview with INFINITE‘s Sunggyu in commemoration of his solo debut. Here’s the interview from 10asia below:

INFINITE is a group that moves as one body, and not just in their well-synchronized choreography onstage. From before their debut, they have been used to working together as a team, which has become a natural aspect of their lives; for this reason, they put INFINITE as a team before themselves individually. Sunggyu is the leader of INFINITE. In between his busy schedule of going back and forth between Korea and Japan for performances and being “bullied” by the other members on funny variety programs, Sunggyu released his first solo album, ‘Another Me‘ on November 19th. He is the first in INFINITE to debut as a solo act and worked with his childhood idol Nell, commenting “I was lucky.” While he wanted to talk about himself for a while, he eventually began talking about the other members. An early morning interview. Still half-asleep and rubbing his eyes, Sunggyu shared his thoughts on his first solo album, as well as being the leader of a team.

Q: You had your debut performance last Friday – it must have felt different from recording the album.
A: “I was extremely nervous. The day before the start of my solo promotions on KBS‘s ‘Music Bank‘, I was in Japan for our arena tour, and so my throat and voice were not in good condition. So when I grabbed the stand mic, I just focused on the song and tried to think about being comfortable. Given my bad condition at the time, I was disappointed about the performance.”

Q: It must feel so new being the first in INFINITE to debut as a solo artist. And take cool album jacket photos by yourself. (Laughs)
A: “I picked the jacket photo myself. While I’m not particularly good looking, it’s a kind of charm and unique character, so I think it’s about time I was more confident about my looks. (Laughs) In fact, our CEO gave me a call the day after the album was released and asked, ‘Your album is out; how do you feel?’ But I still couldn’t believe it really happened, so I told him that it felt the same. Something that was different was listening to the opinions of each member. Normally we all discuss our album together, but lately I’ve been hearing phrases that start like ‘Hyung, your album…’ which makes me think and feel, ‘Ah, so this is my album.’ I think solo promotions will be lonely. I didn’t feel lonely because all of the members came to visit during the shooting of the music video for ‘60 Seconds‘ but when I came back to Korea after the arena tour, it started to hit me.

Q: The album consists of rock and acoustic tracks. What’s it like to sing in a different style than in INFINITE songs?
A: “It wasn’t unfamiliar. I’ve loved rock since I was little, and I was in a school band in high school. More than anything, I wanted to become a singer because of Nell. So I had a lot more fun than I’ve had in a while. In songs like ‘I Need You’ and ‘Shine‘, which Nell gave me, I really like their style, so I even tried to add my own color to the songs. On the other hand, while recording ‘Only Tears‘, I was more emotional, and I feel like the color I’ve developed from listening to Nell’s music came out then. When I listened to the recording, I noticed nuances similar to Nell’s Kim Jong Wan hyung and I thought to myself, ‘Oh, I see now.’ (Laughs)

Q: More than anything, it must have been different to sing alone than when you’re a part of a team, having to carry a song all alone?
A: “When I sing in INFINITE, I take on more of the higher parts of the song, but now that I have to sing the entire song alone, I took on it more with the emotional aspects than the technical aspects. I needed to make a story to bring the whole song along. Although life is short, I took the experiences and memories closest to the song to express how I feel. Technically, I am working on tone and breathing, and I’m still not used to it. When I was recording this album, I worried the most about my personal input, emotionally.

Q: While “60 Seconds” is enough time to fall in love, isn’t 60 seconds also enough time to go through a break up?
A: “’60 Seconds’ is definitely enough time for a person to end up liking someone. At the same time, I thought, ‘Isn’t 60 seconds enough time for someone to disappear from another person’s like?’. I’d been through a similar experience. In school, I really liked this girl, but she ended up quitting school for personal reasons. I never saw her again, I couldn’t get in contact with her, and I don’t know what she’s doing now. She vanished from my life in the blink of an eye. It surprised me how quickly she became someone who I couldn’t even contact. I don’t know what my fans will say after hearing this, but I mean it was one-sided, and she was a friend from school. (Laughs)

Q: Did you have to think a lot about performing live with a band onstage?
A: “I got very close to the band members who perform with me, but being the youngest in the group took getting used to. I even avoid the band members sometimes, so that I don’t completely understand how Sungjong feels. (Laughs) When I sing, rather than trying to plan something out, I focus more on what I am trying to express. I sing like I usually do, but I try new styles as well. I work hard, so I don’t want to be embarrassed by myself.

Q: What’s your standard for embarrassing yourself?
A: “Onstage, I do my best to enjoy myself. It’s selfish, so I hope a lot of people love me. (Laughs) I am going to work hard to earn a lot of love, and I’m confident because I’m going to show everything I’ve got onstage. But when it comes to albums and numbers and sales, I’m not as confident. I feel like I’ll get hurt if I focus too much on numbers. (Laughs) More than anything, the meaning this album gives to me is more important than being disappointed in things like that. Even if people don’t recognize it, I’m really happy that I have a new challenge. Just like having shoes that people don’t necessarily say are nice, but I’m happy just looking at.

Q: What’s the responsibility like? Did you ever think that if your solo promotions don’t do well, it could hurt INFINITE, or did you think it was alright because you’re just using your name alone?
A: “The former was much bigger to me. The members like to joke around and they gave me a lot of pressure. For example, they would focus on album sales and rankings. My roommate Woohyun does it the most. Hoya, who will be part of INFINITE H, gave me pressure by saying, ‘Hyung, you have to show them all something’, and Sungyeol and L gave me encouragement. So when I’m with them, it gets a little hectic. (Laughs) Someone will be encouraging, someone will be objective. They joke, ‘Hyung, if there are bad results here…’ but they always tell me that they are proud of me. I hope that I won’t be embarrassed in front of my dongsengs.

Q: What do you have to say about appearing on variety programs alone?
A: “I was always afraid when filming television programs with INFINITE because the pressure of being the team leader. I would think, ‘What if I mess up? I need to promote INFINITE.’ I tried hard not to just be like wallpaper in programs that many people watch. To be honest, in the past, Sungyeol, Sungjong, and L would go on shows and get edited out, so I would tell them, ‘Don’t you want to promote the team? There are people who risk their lives for shows and we should be apologetic if we don’t try our hardest. We should work harder to promote our team, just like with music or onstage.’ (Laughs) Even so, this time, there won’t be anyone to scold me, right? Anyways, I feel much less pressure now than I used to.

Q: What is the most important aspect of juggling your busy schedule of team and solo promotions, and television shows?
A: “There’s something I would always say when members had individual activities: ‘While they’d be tired without a doubt, and while it can get difficult to take on both INFINITE’s schedules and individual schedules, a true professional doesn’t show that they’re tired. We should all think about it together. There are so many people who want to have promotions but can’t, and people who can’t debut, and people who can’t find their own goals. So let’s look back. If we think about our old selves, we really, truly wanted all of this.’ I feel the same way. Even though it’s a tight, busy schedule, it’s what I had always dreamed of, and I think it’s funny to get frustrated at people over it. I can handle it when I think optimistically.

Q: You seem to have a strong sense of responsibility as a leader.
A: “I tend to get very nervous when I’m with the members, but I’ve gotten better now. When we debuted, I would have really exaggerated reactions, but now the members do everything well on their own. I used to purposefully make time to talk, but now, even without that time, they all think one more time about what I’ve said. Since I’ve been looser on them lately, I’ve been making small mistakes here and there. That’s when they say, ‘Hyung, what are you doing. That’s not it’ and I say, ‘Oh, sorry.’ (Laughs) Having solo promotions is my chance to let go of any pressures I have as a leader, because I only need to take care of myself. But I think being with the members is good too, so I said, ‘When you don’t have a schedule, come to me, I welcome you all.’ The general atmosphere was that they just wanted to rest. (Laughs)

Q: Even with individual activities, INFINITE’s teamwork is still strong. What’s your secret?
A: “It’s simple. I can really say this confidently: the kids are all nice. They’re all thoughtful and considerate, which maintains our teamwork. Just being among guys makes us fight a lot, but it’s never enough for anyone to harbor bad feelings. We’re at the point where you fight and then make up naturally, just like you never fought in the first place. We’re friends, we’re family, and we’re advisors to each other.

Q: Do you feel bad that you won’t be able to act as the leader as much during your solo promotions?
A: “I think the kids will like it if they hear less of the leader’s nagging. They might even feel like they have a little more freedom. (Laughs) I didn’t know, but apparently I really do scold a lot. They always say, ‘Ahh, okay, okay’ but later they’ll text me, ‘Hyung, thanks for the advice.’ We all have this kind of relationship so even if I might neglect them a little, they won’t be sad.

Q: On the other hand, do you think you’ll feel bad if you see the other members getting by without you?
A: “There’s no way. There’s no way they’d be fine without me. (Laughs) It’s like losing a pillar. I’ve always been the ‘average’ o the team. Aside from looks. For example, when it comes to variety show skills, vocal abilities, dancing, etc. I bring up the members who aren’t so great, and I pull down the members who are. (Laughs) I bring together the structure, so it won’t exactly look good without me. And a team without a leader always has a few gaps somewhere. The members know this, and although there have been opinions expressed on having a separate leader, I’m going to stop this. I don’t want to think of a team without me. I felt this when L was shooting a drama, but it feels extremely empty even with one member missing. I say all of this, but what if they don’t even know I’m gone? What if they say, ‘It’s different from when L was gone. I don’t feel empty at all?’ What do I do. (Laughs)

Source: 10asia

Tip: Ren

[Review] B1A4 “Try to Walk”

Posted: 27 Nov 2012 04:04 AM PST

Whenever an act makes their name with an aegyo concept, you have to wonder how they’re going to go about shedding that image as they get too old to pull it off. I thought IU‘s “Peach” earlier this year was a great step towards the singer-songwriter stuff she’s been interested in since she started out, but which fell by the wayside when songs like “Boo” and “Marshmallow” took off. Recently, Boyfriend has taken a successful turn towards adulthood with “Janus“, which is their best release to date.

Out of everyone, though, I’ve had my eye on B1A4‘s transformation. They seemed to be on the right track with the brilliant “Baby I’m Sorry“, which tested the waters of maturity by shedding the silly gimmicks and sound effects of the past for a slick dance track, a more grown-up look, and a less childish performance (compare the way they interact with their female co-star to their interactions in older videos like “Beautiful Target” and “Only Learned the Bad Things“), while still retaining the kind of off-beat charm we’ve come to expect from B1A4. Unfortunately, their follow-up single, “Baby Goodnight“, was a corny mess.  ”Baby Goodnight” brought back a lot of the goofiness, but the charm was lost amidst a happy-go-lucky story about cheating and lying to their girlfriends. To make matters worse, for a group that earned the nickname “live-dols” for their great live vocals, many of them struggled with the falsetto in live performances of “Baby Goodnight”, which was certainly a disappointment.

In the time since then, B1A4 debuted in Japan with “Beautiful Target” and “Baby Goodnight”, and then released the saccharine “Hey Girl” as an OST track- was B1A4 stuck in the past for good, or could their third mini album, ‘In the Wind‘, pick up where “Baby, I’m Sorry” left off?

The title song “Try to Walk“, written by B1A4′s leader Jinyoung, sets the theme for the album, as every song mentions walking toward, away from, or with someone. The intro, the verses, the rap breaks, and the outro are great- they have the kind of open, bright sound you’d expect from an album called ‘In the Wind’, the instrumental is really cool and different for the group, but still sounds like something they’d do. Their vocals sound better than ever- even Baro got to sing a little, and was pretty impressive. Actually, Baro totally blew me away on this album. While low-voice rappers are nothing new to K-Pop, he brings a unique sensitivity and expression to his verses that gets better and better with each release. He took part in writing all of his raps on this album, and I think that really helped him connect to the songs and bring his rapping to the next level.

Going back to “Try to Walk”, however, there is one massive problem- the chorus. The melody is fine, the vocals are fine, but there is so much sound packed into such a small space that it’s overwhelming, staticky and kind of hard to listen to. This song could’ve gotten four or five stars from me with a better chorus, but as it stands, it’s my least favorite song on the album. At least the video is gorgeous, right?  Thankfully, the rest of the album is really, really good.

Jinyoung’s take on a solo track, the R&B tinged ballad “BE MY GIRL” featuring JeA of Brown Eyed Girls. While the lyrics are probably the most suggestive that B1A4 has ever attempted, with Jinyoung repeatedly inviting his girlfriend to stay the night with him, it steers clear of anything too intense or scandalous. He breaks out the falsetto once again and shows a lot of improvement in that department. JeA is perfect on this song, but what else would you expect from a Brown Eyed Girl?

‘In The Wind’ has a total of three guest stars- aside from the aforementioned JeA, we have Suzy of miss A showing off her acting in the narration on “I Won’t Do Bad Things” and Shina-E‘s expert vocals on “What Do You Want to Do?”  I’m not normally a big fan of people talking in the middle of songs, but I think they did a pretty good job of incorporating the talking in both songs, so it didn’t bother me. What does bother me is the random knocking sound throughout the background of “I Won’t Do Bad Things”, which takes away from an otherwise nice song with great harmonies. “What Do You Want to Do?” takes on a chill, disco sound that really suits the band well- I’d like to see them explore this genre further in the future.

If…” puts B1A4′s vocals front-and-center with an understated instrumental. While some groups would take this opportunity to fill the song from beginning to end with runs vocal tricks, B1A4 makes a smart choice to scale back and let their clear tones and great vocal blend speak for themselves. We end with a bright dance track, “IN THE AIR“. I actually wish this song was the single, as it’s a lot more fun and is solid from start to end, unlike “Try to Walk”. However, there are a lot of vocal effects in this song, and I imagine that could hurt B1A4′s “live-dol” image in performances.

All in all, this album gives us a very clear look at the ways in which B1A4 has grown as a group. While their music is less aggressively commercial than before, it’s better crafted (save for the chorus of of “Try to Walk”). They’re moving away from gimmicks and toward real musicianship, which is exactly what you want to see as a group matures if they plan on having any staying power. While I would caution that they need to figure out how to bring back some of the charm and commercial appeal of their previous singles, ‘In the Wind’ is, overall, a step in the right direction.

2AM’s Changmin and Jinwoon’s fan clubs donate more than 1 ton of rice to charity

Posted: 27 Nov 2012 03:16 AM PST

2AM‘s Changmin and Jinwoon‘s fan clubs recently congratulated them on their recent ‘The Way of Love‘ concert held in Seoul’s Olympic Hall by gifting them with rice totaling over 1 ton.

Changmin’s Korean fan club gifted him with a 550 kg (~1213 lbs.) rice wreath while Jinwoon’s fan club donated 520 kg (~1146 lbs.) rice wreath to add up to about 1,070 kg of rice that could potentially feed up to 8,500 children. It has been revealed that the rice will be donated to the charity organizations chosen by Changmin and Jinwoon.

In related news, 2AM recently successfully concluded their ‘The Way of Love’ concert in front of over 3,000 fans.

Source + image(s): Newsen via Nate

SM☆SH’s Hyunjoon revealed to have continued with promotions despite suffering injury from car accident

Posted: 27 Nov 2012 02:25 AM PST

Fans have unfortunately discovered that SM☆SH‘s leader Hyunjoon has been soldiering through album promotions while hiding an injury.

According to his agency, Hyunjoon suffered a car accident while walking home from rehearsal last month due to a car that did not abide by traffic rules. Although he made it home that night without any injuries, a hospital visit the next day showed that surgery was necessary as he had torn a ligament.

Hyunjoon, however, did not want to delay their music video filming and album promotions and decided to take painkillers in place of treatment, and has been doing so up until now.

At a fan signing on the 25th, he had said, “I’m sorry for worrying so many of our fans. I’ve been getting physical therapy at the hospital every chance I get when we don’t have schedules so please don’t worry about me.”

A representative of his agency added, “The hospital had said that he needed two months to recover so we were thinking of delaying their comeback to next year, but Hyunjoon was adamant about continuing on as it was their first album in four years.”

The group is currently promoting their second mini-album, “I Will Protect You“, and is scheduled for a nationwide Japanese tour next month.

AOA’s Seolhyun gains attention with her acting skills on ‘My Daughter Seoyoung’

Posted: 27 Nov 2012 01:35 AM PST

AOA‘s Seolhyun is earning praise for her ability to portray her character.

Seolhyun currently plays an acting teacher for CNBLUE‘s Jungshin on the drama ‘My Daughter Seoyoung‘, and has been gaining much interest for playing a difficult role. Her role requires her to act out a character who acts well (the irony).

Viewers commented, “I was surprised by her acting skills since she is a rookie“, “She got completely into her role“, and “I’m watching this show for her character“.

Hearing this, Seolhyun responded, “I’m so happy that I was able to make an acting debut with a charming character like Seo Eun Soo in ‘My Daughter Seoyoung’. It’s my first time acting, but I’m working hard to be good. Even on site, everyone encourages me and tells me I’m doing well, so I work even harder. I want to show people that I’m improving even more.

Shin Bora and Ahn Young Mi transform into cat women for ‘Allure’

Posted: 27 Nov 2012 12:57 AM PST

This is probably a first for fans of comedians Shin Bora and Ahn Young Mi as the hilarious ladies have shed all the comedy to don a feisty new look for ‘Allure‘ magazine.

The pictorial was released on November 27th, featuring the women in cat-like get ups for the ‘Cat, Woman’ theme of the shoot. As leading ladies of KBS‘s ‘Gag Concert‘ and tvN‘s ‘Comedy Big League‘, they all had an image to play up to to express a catwoman look completely all their own.

Shin Bora accentuated her legs with leather plants while Ahn Young Mi went for a daring look with thick eyeliner. As expected of their profession, the ladies made sure the set was filled with energy and laughter.

Son Dam Bi reveals her father suffered from an illness prior to her debut

Posted: 27 Nov 2012 12:55 AM PST

During the recent recording of SBS‘ ‘Strong Heart‘, singer Son Dam Bi opened up about the hard times she and her family experienced before her debut.

Son Dam Bi shared, “7 years ago during my trainee period, my father suddenly collapsed due to a brain hemorrhage. It took him a long time to regain consciousness and even after he woke up, he was unable to use half of his body”, revealing the pain her family endured. The singer then went on to reveal how her father miraculously changed for the better after she became a singer.

Tune in to hear Son Dam Bi’s heartwarming story on 27th’s episode of ‘Strong Heart’ airing at 11:15PM KST.

Other guests featuring on this episode include Song Ji Hyo, Park Kwang Hyun, So Yi Hyun, Oh Seung Eun, Shinsadong Tiger, Young Ji, Baek Boram, ZE:A‘s Kwanghee, and Rainbow‘s Jisook.

Source + image: TV Daily via Nate

K.Will and SISTAR’s Soyu team up for an upcoming duet, “White Love”

Posted: 27 Nov 2012 12:23 AM PST

Label mates K.Will and SISTAR‘s Soyu recently shared a couple shot dressed up for the upcoming holidays as they hinted about a new collaborative project!

Starship Entertainment shared on their official Twitter on the 26th, “2012 Starship Planet attack! Healing love song ‘White Love‘ will be released on November 29th at 12PM noon~! We ask for your love and support for K.Will and SISTAR’s Soyu’s duet song ‘White Love’ ^^!”, along with the photo above.

Fans commented, “It’s a surprise Christmas present”, “Starship Planet is daebak”, and “I can’t wait for K.Will and Soyu’s duet.”

Stay tuned for the release of this new exciting project!

Cha Tae Hyun gifts ‘Jeon Woo Chi’ staff with cosmetics sets

Posted: 27 Nov 2012 12:01 AM PST

Actor Cha Tae Hyun recently gifted the staff members of his drama, ‘Jeon Woo Chi‘, with cosmetics sets.

Cha Tae Hyun surprised the staff by presenting them with cosmetics from the brand ‘UL.OS‘ which he is currently an endorsement model for.

The actor’s representatives stated, “Cha Tae Hyun wanted to show his grateful heart for the staff who suffers under outside filming with the weather getting colder by presenting them with gifts.”

The drama’s representative also shared, “Cha Tae Hyun actively takes care of the cast and staff and creates a lively atmosphere.”

J.Y. Park reveals a teaser photo to explain why his upcoming concert has a rating of 19+

Posted: 26 Nov 2012 11:43 PM PST

J.Y. Park recently unveiled a teaser image for his upcoming concert, ’2012 J.Y.PARK Live Concert – BAD JAZZ BAR’, to be held this December.

J.Y. Park shared on his me2day on the 26th, “Why is my concert ‘Bad Jazz Bar’ a 19+ [age] restriction? These type of videos and performances will be shown… Alright adults are you ready?^^”, along with a teaser image of his steamy kiss scene.

Netizens commented, “So there is a reason for the 19+ age restriction!”, “Who is that girl?”, and “The concert seems like it will be fun.”

The dates for the upcoming ’2012 J.Y.PARK Live Concert – BAD JAZZ BAR’ are listed below:

December 15th (Sat) 7PM / Korea Trade Exhibition Center, Daejeon
December 21st (Fri) 8PM, 22nd (Sat) 7PM / KBS Hall, Busan
December 24th (Mon) 8PM / Exhibition & Convention Center (1st Floor), Daegu
December 25th (Tue) 7PM / Samsan World Arena, Incheon
December 28th (Fri) 8PM, 29th (Sat) 6PM, 30th (Sun) 6PM, 31th (Mon) 8PM / SK Handball Stadium (Former Olympic Fencing Gymnasium) in Olympic Park, Seoul

Ailee reveals when she had her first kiss on ‘Beatles Code 2′

Posted: 26 Nov 2012 11:22 PM PST

Soloist Ailee opened up about her first kiss.

On the November 28th episode of Mnet‘s ‘Beatles Code 2‘, the singer was asked about her first kiss, and she honestly replied, “I had my first kiss when I was in my 2nd year of middle school.”

He wasn’t Korean,” she revealed, and when asked whether he was her boyfriend, she answered, “I was too young at that time to consider him as one.”

Ailee explained, “I had my first kiss on the slide at the playground in front of my house. He asked me whether I’ve ever kissed someone before and I told him ‘no’. He then suddenly planted a kiss on me.

Park Han Byul is a tango goddess for ‘Bodyguard’

Posted: 26 Nov 2012 11:00 PM PST

Actress Park Han Byul has transformed into a fiery lady of the red for her latest photoshoot with fashion underwear brand ‘Bodyguard‘.

The pictorial called for a sexy mix of tango and lingerie, accomplished well by the combination of props like a form fitting skirt, fan, and headpiece, and finally the star of the show, the bra.

Park Han Byul’s completely departed from the clean, innocent image she’s normally had to pull off this charismatic look, and there’s nothing but awe for her tight stomach and sexy legs.

What better candidate to pull off such a spicy tango look than Park Han Byul herself, yeah?

Still cuts from Joo Won’s first recording for ‘My Girlfriend Is an Agent’ revealed

Posted: 26 Nov 2012 10:38 PM PST

Recently, Joo Won and castmate Ha Shi Eun completed their first filming for their upcoming MBC drama, ‘My Girlfriend Is an Agent‘, at a cafe in Changchundong.

Playing the role of ‘Han Gil Ro’, Joo Won perfected his transition into the cranky but smooth character and proved to staff the extent of his potential. PD Kim Sang Hyub spared no words when it came to advising the actors’ poses and expressions and made sure that each prop had a place on the set.

After concluding his scene, Joo Won stated, “The first recording is always exciting, but I felt comfortable and had a fun time today. The atmosphere is great which makes my heart feel at ease so I have a feeling this will be a fun project to work on.”

The drama will begin airing in January of 2013.