- Gaon Chart releases Yearly Chart Ranking for 2012
- F.T. Island releases teaser for “The FNC”
- DMTN (Formerly Dalmatian) releases teaser featuring member Inati
- CNBLUE to make an appearance on ‘Gag Concert’
- JYJ’s Jaejoong releases promotional video for upcoming mini concert/fanmeeting ‘Your, My, & Mine’
- CODE-V to release their 3rd Japanese single + full PV for title track
- F.T. Island’s Jonghun gives Jewelry’s Yewon a kiss on the forehead
- Postmen’s new single album, ‘Can’t Go To Shinchon’ released!
- So Ji Sub releases intriguing MV teaser with Park Shin Hye for “Eraser”
- Son Dam Bi, Kahi, After School, Hello Venus, and NU’EST pose for Valentine’s Day edition of ‘Cosmopolitan’
- YG Entertainment reveals practice video for possible new girl group member, Jennie Kim
- Skull&HaHa release MV teaser for second collaboration single “Donam-dong Melody”
- C-CLOWN successfully completes promotions for “Because You Might Grow Distant”
- Davichi member Kang Min Kyung’s Gillette razor CF elicits mixed responses
- Shinhwa’s Andy releases “You & Me” digital single featuring Minwoo
- Rapper YDG reveals poignant new single “Father”
- MYNAME’s 2nd MV teaser for “Just That Little Thing” is out!
- Tiny-G reveals full MV for “MINIMANIMO” + “Come Out to Play”
- Electroboyz’s Chakun and K.Will collaborate for new single “Even If You Play” + release MV teaser
- Project group MFBTY with Tiger JK, Yoon Mi Rae, and Bizzy release MV for “Sweet Dream”
Posted: 21 Jan 2013 09:06 AM PST
Gaon has gone through the data and released their Yearly Chart Ranking for 2012.
The Gaon Chart is the national chart of South Korea and is intended to be the equivalent of Oricon in Japan and Billboard in the United States.
< Gaon Chart National Digital Singles Ranking 2012 >
< Gaon Chart National Physical Albums Ranking 2012 >
Super Junior‘s ‘Sexy, Free & Single‘ sold the most physical albums in 2012 by selling 356,431 albums!
1. Super Junior – ‘Sexy, Free & Single’ – 356,431 albums
2. Big Bang – ‘Alive’ – 266,848 albums
3. TVXQ – ‘Catch Me’ – 256,447 albums
4. G-Dragon – ‘One Of A Kind’ – 204,326 albums
5. SHINee – ‘Sherlock’ – 181,415 albums
6. Big Bang – ‘Special Edition Still ALIVE’ – 148,030 albums
7. EXO-K – ‘MAMA The 1st Mini Album’ – 145,925 albums
8. TaeTiSeo – ‘Twinkle’ – 144,222 albums
9. B2ST – ‘Midnight Sun’ – 144,175 albums
10. INFINITE – ‘Infinitize’ – 140,277 albums
11. Busker Busker – ‘Busker Busker’ – 136,234 albums
12. XIA Junsu – ‘Uncommitted’ – 127,620 albums
13. Super Junior – ‘SPY Repackage’ – 124,191 albums
14. CNBLUE – ‘Ear Fun’ – 122,515 albums
15. Psy – ‘Psy 6th album Part 1′ – 106,594 albums
16. EXO-M – ‘MAMA The 1st Mini Album’ – 87,553 albums
17. Shinhwa – ‘The Return’ – 83,058 albums
18. TVXQ – ‘Humanoids Repackage’ – 80,386 albums
19. Jay Park – ‘New Breed’ – 76,829 albums
20. T-ara – ‘Funky Town’ – 76,749 albums
21. f(x) – ‘Electric Shock’ – 74,694 albums
22. Kim Sunggyu – ‘Another Me’ – 70,552 albums
23. KARA – ‘Pandora’ – 70,425 albums
24. Jang Wooyoung – ’23, Male, Single’ – 68,462 albums
25. Teen Top – ‘It’s’ – 65,269 albums
26. B1A4 – ‘In The Wind – 63,664 albums
27. F.T. Island – ‘Grown-Up’ – 60,891 albums
28. XIA Junsu – ‘Tarantallegra’ – 60,000 albums
29. MBLAQ – ‘MBLAQ 100%Ver.’ – 58,175 albums
30. 4minute – ‘Volume Up’ – 56,174 albums
< Online Downloads For 2012 >
Psy topped the Online Downloads Chart with 3,842,109 downloads for “Gangnam Style“!
1. Psy – “Gangnam Style” – 3,842,109 Downloads
2. T-ara – “Lovey-Dovey” – 3,758,864 Downloads
3. Busker Busker – “Cherry Blossom Ending” – 3,399,202 Downloads
4. Big Bang – “BLUE” – 3,365,275 Downloads
5. Big Bang – “FANTASTIC BABY” – 3,339,871 Downloads
6. Ailee – “Heaven” – 3,227,917 Downloads
7. SISTAR – “Alone” – 3,203,685 Downloads
8. Lyn – “Back In Time” – 3,025,492 Downloads
9. SISTAR – “Loving U” – 3,017,035 Downloads
10. 10cm – “Sorrow” – 2,830,335 Downloads
11. 2NE1 – “I Love You” – 2,777,520 Downloads
12. miss A – “Touch” – 2,666,595 Downloads
13. Dynamic Duo – “Without You” – 2,587,845 Downloads
14. Busker Busker – “If You Really Love Me” – 2,552,704 Downloads
15. IU – “Every End Of The Day” – 2,527,530 Downloads
16. TaeTiSeo – “Twinkle” – 2,520,485 Downloads
17. Seo In Guk & Eunji – “All For You” – 2,499,273 Downloads
18. Busker Busker – “Yesou Night Sea” – 2,479,605 Downloads
19. Se7en – “When I Can’t Sing” – 2,394,257 Downloads
20. Big Bang – “MONSTER” – 2,363,148 Downloads
21. Busker Busker – “First Love” – 2,323,841 Downloads
22. Wonder Girls – “Like This” – 2,319,967 Downloads
23. 2AM – “I Wonder If You Hurt Like Me” – 2,306,398 Downloads
24. FT Island – “Severely” – 2,291,448 Downloads
25. Hyuna & Hyunseung (Trouble Maker) – “Trouble Maker” – 2,273,800 Downloads
26. Davichi – “Will Think Of You” – 2,269,557 Downloads
27. IU – “You & I” – 2,267,397 Downloads
28. Maroon 5 ft. Christina Aguilera – “Moves Like Jagger” – 2,229,057 Downloads
29. K.Will – “I Need You” – 2,217,313 Downloads
30. Big Bang – “BAD BOY” – 2,216,784 Downloads
Posted: 21 Jan 2013 08:24 AM PST
‘The FNC’ is a magazine that will feature the FNC Entertainment artists such as CNBLUE, F.T. Island, AOA, and Juniel. The magazine will contain interviews and photoshoots from all the FNC Entertainment celebrities. The magazine also comes with a special making-of DVD.
The teaser released earlier today shows snippets of the BTS of the photoshoot of the members, and also features the F.T. Island members pointing at the camera and repeatedly saying, ‘The FNC’.
Check out the teaser below!
Posted: 21 Jan 2013 07:49 AM PST
The group is expected to preview their new track at an upcoming show in Singapore with the official release in early February. While we wait to hear the song, watch the Inati’s teaser below to hear a snippet of what sounds like an emotional R&B song.
Posted: 21 Jan 2013 07:31 AM PST
On January 23rd, CNBLUE will be showing off their variety show skills by participating in the studio recording of the skit ‘Discoveries of Life‘ at the KBS Hall in Yeouido, Seoul.
According to a broadcast insider, only members Yonghwa, Minhyuk, and Jonghyun will be present. Jungshin will be absent due to his busy filming schedule for his drama ‘My Daughter Seoyoung‘.
Meanwhile, CNBLUE recently made their comeback with ‘Re:Blue‘ and are currently busy promoting their album.
Posted: 21 Jan 2013 12:58 AM PST
As with the mini-album, the promotional video has a very glam-rock vibe, even mentioning that the event will be a “collaboration for rock“. It looks like those lucky souls who were able to snag tickets are in for an extravagant concert.
Jaejoong's concert 'Your, My & Mine' will be held on January 26th and 27th.
Posted: 21 Jan 2013 12:32 AM PST
Vocal group CODE-V will be releasing their 3rd Japanese single, “Nando Sayonara wo Kurikaeshitara Bokura wa Tsuyoku Nareru no?“, on February 6th.
The album will be released in 3 different types: Limited Edition A, Limited Edition B, and Regular Edition. The Limited Edition A DVD will contain the music video and off-shot film (BTS footage) for the title track, while the Limited Edition B DVD will also contain live footage.
The title track has been picked up as the ending theme song for variety show ‘Down Town DX‘ for the months of February and March. The boys will also be holding a series of release events across Japan for their new single.
Below are the track list, event schedule, and full PV for “Nando Sayonara wo Kurikaeshitara Bokura wa Tsuyoku Nareru no?”.
01. Nando Sayonara wo Kurikaeshitara Bokura wa Tsuyoku Nareru no?
<Limited Edition A>
<Limited Edition B>
Wednesday, February 6th – Solaria Plaza Event Space Zepher
Source & Image: CODE-V’s Official Website
Posted: 21 Jan 2013 12:10 AM PST
In the episode, Jonghun made his feelings for Yewon clear by being honest and straightforward, confessing his feelings for her during their date. He told her, “I’ve almost never sat next to you. I always sat in front of you. I always sat in front of you so I’d be able to see you.”
Posted: 20 Jan 2013 11:29 PM PST
Vocal male duo Postmen has made their comeback with a new album.
The duo recently released their single album titled ‘Can’t Go To Shinchon‘, which also serves as the title for their title track.
“Can’t Go To Shinchon” is a sentimental ballad that expresses the pain and frustration of being unable to revisit the street that’s full of memories of an ex-lover. The song was produced by famous composer Min Myung Ki, who also produced Gavy NJ and Postmen’s collaboration track “Cleaning“, released last year.
A representative of Postmen’s agency revealed, “‘Can’t Go To Shinchon’ was actually produced a long time ago by Min Myung Ki. Up until now, the song had been saved just for Postmen.”
Check out “Can’t Go To Shinchon” below!
Posted: 20 Jan 2013 11:12 PM PST
After per-releasing "Field Trip" off of his new album '6 PM… Ground', actor So Ji Sub has now revealed a music video teaser for the title track, “Eraser” featuring female soloist Mellow!
The teaser doesn’t give away much of the song, but from what we can tell, the love interest, played by actress Park Shin Hye, is living a pretty content life. However, So Ji Sub calls, but the call goes to voice mail, so he leaves a message that completely stuns her to the point that she breaks into tears.
The surprising fact is that the message isn’t mean or scary at all. So Ji Sub says, “Honey, it’s me. What are you doing? Are you busy? I’ll be waiting for your call so call me back, I’m in front of your house.,” then he hangs up. Talk about a tease, fans are desperate to know why such simple words can shock Park Shin Hye’s character so much.
Watch the heart wrenching clip below. What do you think is the reason she gets so upset?
Posted: 20 Jan 2013 10:44 PM PST
The singers sported party-look outfits that matched the Valentine’s Day air, posing freely and smiling happily for the camera.
Son Dam Bi, who is just finishing up her own promotions, wore a simple black mini dress, looking glamorous as ever. NU’EST members Baekho and JR posed with Kahi, making sexy and cute facial expressions and flaunting her flawless body line in various styles.
NU’EST member Minhyun and After School’s UEE both showcased innocent, yet fierce gazes into the camera. The After School and Hello Venus members created several different units for various cuts in the photo shoot.
The Valentine’s Day party photo shoot will be featured in the February edition of ‘Cosmopolitan’ so don’t forget to check it out!
Posted: 20 Jan 2013 10:24 PM PST
YG Entertainment has teased once again this time with a video clip! Though not much is revealed, we at least get to check out some of the rapping talents of potential girl group member Jennie Kim.
Posted under the title “JENNIE KIM – YG New Artists” on YG-Life, Jennie Kim covers Wale‘s ” Lotus Flower Bomb“.
As mentioned previously, it is presumed that Jennie and Jisoo are a part of the upcoming new girl group that the agency has been keeping under wraps.
Watch her cover below, are you impressed?
Posted: 20 Jan 2013 09:45 PM PST
Donam-dong is small neighborhood in Seoul, no information was provided about how the why the song was named for the neighborhood. The song in the teaser has no traces of reggae a trademark genre for both HaHa and Skull so fans are curious as to exactly what kind of song the pair will release.
Having found success as a duo it looks like Skull&HaHa are back to strike gold once more.
Watch the teaser below and stay tuned to allkpop for more news on this team.
Posted: 20 Jan 2013 09:13 PM PST
After the broadcast, the boys held a mini fan meeting for their fans from all over the country. They prepared hot packs and warm drinks to fight the cold weather, stating, “Thank you for sticking out the especially cold weather today and coming to support us, even from far away. We promise to return, looking even better, for our next album and performances,” saying their goodbyes for the time being, even dancing Psy‘s “horse dance” for the occasion.
“Because You Might Grow Distant”, released on November 15th, had been gaining much love and support for the emotional melody and strong rhythm. C-CLOWN will be working on individual promotions, as well as working on their new album.
Posted: 20 Jan 2013 08:42 PM PST
The video was filmed with the concept of “a shave that calls for a kiss“, and is taken from the perspective of a man who appears to be facing Kang Min Kyung. She says into the camera, “You look neater? It looks good” while smiling, and then the man’s hand rests on her shoulder as the camera closes in for a “kiss,” closing up on the singer’s lips with a kissing sound effect.
Another video titled ”Close your eyes when putting on headphones or earphones” surfaced online, featuring Kang Min Kyung’s voice-over during a scene in which she shaves the man’s face. Netizens commented on how the sounds of her breathing bothered them because they sounded sensual.
Some of the comments included, “I thought this was an adult video. This is embarrassing“, “This is a video for shaving?“, “This is too obvious. What kind of promotional video is this lewd?“, and “As soon as I saw it, I was surprised. What is this“, while other netizens commented, “It’s nice and sexy, I don’t see any problem“, and “I wish I had a girlfriend like that who would shave my face for me.”
What do you think about the videos? Are they overly provocative or adequate for a razor commercial?
Posted: 20 Jan 2013 08:27 PM PST
Although it has been almost three years since his last solo release, Shinhwa‘s maknae Andy has not lost his touch for singing sweet love songs. His latest solo single “You & Me“, featuring fellow member Minwoo, has the same delightful earnestness we have come to love from Andy.
“You & Me” is a soft medium-tempo ballad, perfect for the cold winter season. It combines Andy’s restrained rap style with the emotional vocals of Minwoo, creating a great harmony.
Listen to the track below, did the song surprise you?
Posted: 20 Jan 2013 08:04 PM PST
Rapper and actor YDG aka Yang Dong Gun has just released another amazing single, “Father“.
The song is a prelude to YDG’s upcoming fifth album, which he is still being recorded. “Father” is discusses the love people feel for their parents after they’ve become adults. It also addresses the rising divorce rates and declining family values.
If this is just a precursor to YDG’s 5th album, we really can’t wait for the other songs.
Listen to the song below and let us know what you think.
Posted: 20 Jan 2013 07:32 PM PST
MYNAME has released another exciting teaser for their comeback track "Just That Little Thing"!
The new track is scheduled to be unveiled on January 25th!
This new teaser gives fans additional solo shots of the members as well as snippets of the choreography.
Check it out below and stay tuned!
Posted: 20 Jan 2013 07:20 PM PST
Although Tiny-G has already begun promoting their latest single on music shows, it wasn’t until today that the full music video for comeback track , "MINIMANIMO", was revealed!
The song is the story of a girl who is breaking up in a rather cool manner, but actually is very sad in the inside. It talks about how she thinks even the phone battery is not worthy for him, but she still loves him too much to forget about him.
The girls show off more of their cute and adorable charms this time around. The music video is bright and spunky befitting the energetic song.
The couple song to their digital single “Come Out to Play” is a bit more funky but keeps the fun groove that the girls enjoy.
Check out the full MV below and tell us whether you like Tiny-G’s new direction.
Come to Play
Posted: 20 Jan 2013 07:12 PM PST
The new single will be released on January 22nd, and the idea of the collaboration has already received much media and online attention.
Chakun stated on January 19th through the Electroboyz’s official homepage, “In our new single “Even If You Play”, K.Will sunbaenim’s strong vocals are a given!! Chakun is participating as a rapper!!! Aren’t you surprised?” along with the image for the single.
Upon seeing the chic image, netizens commented, “K.Will and Chakun?? An unexpected collaboration!!!“, “I’m curious about the music this time“, “Chadonam (chic city man) concept??“, “The title song is ‘Even If You Play?’ Play with me~ hahaha“, “I think their voices will go well together“, and “Chakun rapped for Ma Boy 2! I’m so excited ^^“.
Posted: 20 Jan 2013 07:02 PM PST
Tiger JK, Yoon Mi Rae, and Bizzy have come together to form the project group MFBTY. MFBTY stands for ‘My Fans Better Than Yours‘ and they have just released the full music video to their debut single, “Sweet Dream.
The team will officially debut at the B2B showcase ‘2013 K-Pop Night Out MIDEM 2013‘ on the 27th that is hosted by the Ministry of Culture, Sports, and Tourism along with KOCCA.
The album consists of 3 songs, including the title song "Sweet Dream". The song is a unique song that has the DJ-and-producer SMELLS' unique club sound, and combines various genres such as hip hop, electro, and progressive. The mini album also includes an electro-house-club tune version of "Sweet Dream" titled "Sweet Dream (SMELLS Like Money Mix)", and the hardcore hip hop beat "BizzyTigerYoonmirae (MFBTY)". "BizzyTigerYoonmirae (MFBTY)" especially is a song by the hip hop producer illmind, who has worked with big names such as Kanye West, Eminem, and 50cent.
The MV is wild, in a good way. It goes without saying that the rapping is on point, but the visuals and themes explored in the music video are unexpectedly vivid and engaging. The members change from head to toe in every scene, showing a new side of Tiger JK, Yoon Mi Rae, and Bizzy that makes viewers forget their original image.
Though fans will have to wait until the group’s showcase on the 23rd for a live performance, the wait will be much easier now that you have this great music video to tide you over.
What’s the best part of this MV? What about the song itself, did it meet your expectations?
"Sweet Dream (SMELLS Like Money Mix)"
|You are subscribed to email updates from allkpop |
To stop receiving these emails, you may unsubscribe now.
|Email delivery powered by Google|
|Google Inc., 20 West Kinzie, Chicago IL USA 60610|