Saturday, January 5, 2013

"Girls’ Generation holds ‘virtual concert’ with Naver Music" plus 19 more

"Girls’ Generation holds ‘virtual concert’ with Naver Music" plus 19 more

Girls’ Generation holds ‘virtual concert’ with Naver Music

Posted: 05 Jan 2013 08:11 AM PST

On January 5th at 8PM KST on the M-Stage at Seoul’s Gangnam Station, Girls’ Generation held their virtual concert through Naver Music.

The virtual concert titled ‘Girls’ Generation V Concert‘ featured the virtual avatars of Girls’ Generation performing through realistic holograms in front of a live audience.

The girls were actually nearby in a see-through recording studio and after the virtual concert performances they participated in a fun chat session.

Thousands of people tuned in to watch the stream but in case you missed it, you can check it out below.

20130105_girlsgeneration_virtualconcert5 20130105_girlsgeneration_virtualconcert4 20130105_girlsgeneration_virtualconcert3 20130105_girlsgeneration_virtualconcert2 20130105_girlsgeneration_virtualconcert1 20130105_girlsgeneration_virtualconcert6 20130105_girlsgeneration_virtualconcert7

[Images credited as tagged.]

Brown Eyed Girls’ JeA makes a deal with Narsha before ‘Immortal Song 2′

Posted: 05 Jan 2013 07:30 AM PST

Brown Eyed GirlsJeA made a deal with Narsha before she appeared on ‘Immortal Song 2‘.

JeA has had a string of bad luck on the show, and it seems she wanted to turn it around by having her fellow member feature alongside her in the performance. Before their performance of “On the Count of 3” on the Um Jung Hwa special, Narsha shared, “We’re part of the same group, but we don’t make each other do things that would cause [an inconvenience or loss to another member].”

She continued, “We made a deal. In exchange for helping [JeA], if she wins, she promised to buy me a 30-year-old bottle of alcohol. I have alcohol hanging on the line when it comes to this performance,” causing laughter.

In related news, JeA recently released her first solo album ‘Just JeA‘ and its title trackWhile You Were Asleep“.

[Breaking][Rumor]Video of Lee Jang Woo and Oh Yeon Seo on alleged date surfaces

Posted: 05 Jan 2013 06:59 AM PST

In the midst of statements by Oh Yeon Seo‘s agency denying rumors of an alleged romantic relationship between the actress and her ‘Oh Ja Ryong is Coming‘ co-star Lee Jang Woo, a video of the two on an alleged date has surfaced. Things have been especially messy considering Oh Yeon Seo is currently appearing alongside MBLAQ‘s Lee Joon on the reality show ‘We Got Married‘.

According to Sports Seoul, Lee Jang Woo drove Oh Yeon Seo home in his black Jeep Wrangler after a late-night winter date on December 20, 2012 KST. After getting out of the car, Oh Yeon Seo was captured kissing Lee Jang Woo’s hand to show her thanks.

Due to filming on the 25th, the alleged couple met at a restaurant on the 26th with acquaintances. The two then left the restaurant and took a walk, joking around like a normal couple in their 20s. Lee Jang Woo also tried his best to warm up Oh Yeon Seo, who appeared to be cold in the chilly weather.

Reports are saying that the two have been going on dates after filming their drama to eat dinner and discuss the project. It appears that they naturally became close after working together, and unfortunately for them, Sports Seoul’s cameras were present to capture their supposed secret moments.

One insider claimed, “Oh Yeon Seo and Lee Jang Woo are [dating]. [They meet often due to the drama series], and so I think they naturally got closer. I believe that the two became interested in each other because there’s not much of an age gap and they have similar interests.”

Take a look at the video below, and let us know if you think they’re just friends or something more.

Source: Sports Seoul via Daum

MBLAQ’s Mir becomes first idol to win on ‘Idol Star King’

Posted: 05 Jan 2013 06:14 AM PST

MLBAQ‘s Mir became the first idol to win on the ‘Idol Star King‘ segment of SBS‘ ‘Star King‘.

On the January 5th episode, MBLAQ went up against the Taekwondo demonstration unit K-Tigers. For the first round, member G.O suffered an unfortunate loss after being unable to break through one piece of pine board.

Though Seung Ho hesitated in the second round, he was able to break through with surprising speed. Thunder then lost a battle to see who could do the most roundhouse kicks in a given time.

Mir won the time battle of the fourth round, making the score an even 2:2 tie. He competed again for the tiebreaker, and with 10 seconds left, Mir won by 1 board.

Check out Mir’s hilarious reaction after winning the fourth round below!

E.via explains why she changed her stage name to Tymee + experienced similar situation as Block B

Posted: 05 Jan 2013 05:31 AM PST

E.via has officially changed her stage name to Tymee.

On the night of January 5th KST, the rapper tweeted a lengthy explanation to fans about issues surrounding her name change as well as alleged problems with her agency, dline Art Media. She stated that she’s been going through a similar situation as Block B.

Tymee posted:

“I’m sending this to my fans and my friends. About my name change as well as the circumstances I’ve been through until now…

Hello. This is female rapper Lee Ok Joo (Tymee, NAPPER) formerly known as e.via. Though there’s so much I want to say that my heart feels like it’s tearing, I’ll try to keep it short. First of all, I want to say that because the point of this letter is not to vilify anyone, I won’t be revealing any names. I want to let those who’ve been worried about my predicament and the fans who’ve been confused about my sudden name change about the situation I’m in, and I’ve decided to write this up in hopes that there won’t be more victims like myself. I’m in a similar situation as Block B, who has been in the news recently. I read the reports that the Block B members have not received payment for a year. I myself have not received an [accurate] breakdown of the revenue from my albums for the past 2 years. And though the settlement was completed after my contract expired, I’ve received $0 in payment for my albums for the past 2 years after it was reached.

Just one month ago at a meeting with [business acquaintances], the agency representative showed his intent to re-sign me… After discussing in depth with my family, I received a consultation about the future of the music I’ll be doing. Due to financial as well as other realistic difficulties, I’ve decided to take back the music that’s been changed due to my company’s opinions and promote on my own. [Because of the unspeakable difficulties and unbearable exhaustion I've gone through], I came to this conclusion to save myself from falling apart.

Then a few weeks ago at a small meeting, I carefully told the people at my agency about my decision. However, the 7 million won (~$6,582 USD) they mentioned to me previously vanished, and they told me, ‘[We only owe you 2.7 million won (~$2538 USD)].’ Though it was difficult to accept that the work I’ve done for the past 2 years only amounted to that much, I restrained myself thinking of the music I’ll be able to do freely in the future.

As they wanted an answer about renewing my contract, I once again told them that I’d like to find my [own] path in music. That day, the person [I met with] threw the cigarette he had in his mouth at me, and when I [objected to] his actions, [he threw cigarette packs from the floor at me and insulted my character].”

Tymee went on to explain that she went to the agency to settle her account a few days later only to find that the paperwork given to her by the CEO stated an even lesser amount. Despite the fact that she was shocked by the amount stated, she was willing to comply as she knew the agency was going through financial trouble.

According to the rapper, she was then ordered to cease using the stage name “e.via” in any of her future promotions or on social networking sites. Furthermore, when her parents went to the agency to discuss the cancellation of her contract and receive payment, they found that her contract had been “automatically extended.”

Apologizing to her fans and loved ones for worrying them, Tymee concluded that if the agency continued to cause her mental harm or act unlawfully, she plans to respond more firmly. She ended, “Again, I’m sorry for worrying all of you. Please look forward to Tymee and NAPPER’s music, and I ask that you give it a lot of interest and love.”

Source: Tymee’s Twitter post

A-PRINCE releases story version of “Hello” MV

Posted: 05 Jan 2013 04:52 AM PST

New Planet Entertainment's A-PRINCE have released the story version of their music video for “Hello“.

Including two instrumentals, their debut mini-album of the same name contains five tracks, "Hello", "I Think Only About You", and "Oh-Girl". "Hello" blends the group's fresh vocals with bouncing melodies that complement the love song.

Check out the dance version of the MV if you missed it and the story version of “Hello” below!

Super Junior’s Siwon becomes the first Korean celebrity to surpass 3 million followers on Twitter

Posted: 05 Jan 2013 04:12 AM PST

Super Junior‘s Siwon is officially the first Korean celebrity to surpass 3 million followers on Twitter!

As of January 5th midnight, Siwon’s Twitter is being followed by an audience of 3,002,170 users, making him the Korean celebrity with the most followers in the world. The global idol also became the first to reach 1 million in December of 2011, and apparently, his popularity has only been growing.

Aside from Super Junior’s loyal fans, part of the reason why he has gained so many followers may be due to his constant communication with his fans through the social networking site. He’s known to thank his fan club for sending food and other gifts to his drama sets as well as posting behind-the-scene photos.

Siwon has posted photos of himself with notable people such as director Steven Spielberg and designer Karl Lagerfeld as well as Korean sports stars working abroad.

In anticipation of reaching the 3 million mark, Siwon tweeted:

Super Junior’s Donghae and Leeteuk are following Siwon in second and third place, respectively, in terms of Twitter followers among Korean celebrities.

Tip: aviatorcap

SPICA to end promotions for “Lonely”

Posted: 05 Jan 2013 03:31 AM PST

SPICA will be ending their promotions for their latest songLonely” soon.

“Lonely” is the title track of the group’s second mini-album of the same name. The song was produced by Sweetune, and the members themselves included their own work in the album as well.

The five-member group’s last performance of “Lonely” will be on the upcoming broadcast of ‘Inkigayo‘.

Check out SPICA’s goodbye message to their fans below!

Dakota Fanning requested to meet Big Bang’s G-Dragon?

Posted: 05 Jan 2013 02:52 AM PST

There have been rumors floating around that Dakota Fanning requested to meet with Big Bang‘s G-Dragon.

A couple of Korean media portals reported that the 18-year-old American actress, who arrived in Korea on January 5th with her sister Elle Fanning for an endorsement deal with fashion brand J.estina, expressed that she wanted to meet with G-Dragon upon her visit to Korea. It was said that she even personally put in the call herself.

YG Entertainment then confirmed the news about the two having plans to meet up, but revealed that Dakota did not call herself. “Dakota Fanning said she’s always been a fan of G-Dragon, and it’s true that she contacted us through a Korean agency. Though G-Dragon, who is also a fan of Dakota Fanning, tried to adjust his schedule to meet with her, in the end, they’ve decided to meet at a later time due to conflicting schedules. Reports are making it seem as if Dakota Fanning called [G-Dragon herself], but that’s different from the truth. It was communicated by the Korean agency.”

However, a contradicting statement was released by Dakota’s representatives, who stated, “Dakota Fanning never called G-Dragon, and they never promised to meet in Korea. There’s no truth to the rumors.” As well as, “Dakota’s side never called G-Dragon’s side. It is not true that they were in contact to meet up,” emphasizing that the reports were completely false.

This has left many in confusion for the statements issued by the two sides are completely different.

In related news, after wrapping up the photo shoot with J.estina, the sisters will be appearing on tvN‘s ‘Baek Ji Yeon’s People Insider‘ for an interview on the 7th.

Source: Xsportsnews via Nate; Osen; Newsen

Boyfriend releases Hyunseong and Donghyun’s teaser for comeback

Posted: 05 Jan 2013 02:14 AM PST

Boyfriend have released their comeback teaser photos for Hyunseong and Donghyun!

The photo was released through Starship Entertainment's Twitter with the message, "The second photo for Boyfriend’s comeback! Hyunseong & Donghyun~~!!! Please look forward to Boyfriend’s new image on January 10th~!!!.

As the boys recently finished up promotions for "Janus", fans were surprised to hear that another comeback was in store. However, as "Janus" was a huge hit for them, their next track is much anticipated as well.

Boyfriend will be releasing a repackaged album on January 10th KST.

Check out the twins’, Youngmin and Kwangmin, teaser photo if you missed it, and stay tuned for more information on their comeback!

Tip: Andrei Cain

Big Star’s FeelDog to make his acting debut in ‘A Bit of Love’

Posted: 05 Jan 2013 01:31 AM PST

Big Star‘s leader FeelDog will be making his debut as an actor.

On January 4th, Big Star Entertainment announced that FeelDog has been cast in KBS 2TV‘s new sitcom ‘A Bit of Love‘ (‘Remaining Love‘). The agency stated, “He got picked after auditioning for the role of a teenage student, whose name has yet to be revealed.

FeelDog showed his determination to do well in the new role by saying, “I will practice my acting and do my best to make sure the producers of the drama will not regret picking me.

‘A Bit of Love’ is a fun story about a teenager, who is more mature than a grownup, and adults entering their forties. Actors Lee Jae RyongDo Ji Won, and Jeon Mi Sun have also been cast in the sitcom, and the first episode is set to air in February.

On another note, Big Star have been promoting their latest songI Got a Feeling“.

Psy claims he is proud to be active in K-pop with his body

Posted: 05 Jan 2013 12:52 AM PST

Psy expressed he was proud to have made it big in K-pop despite his less-than-ideal body type.

In an interview with MTV, Psy laughed, “If you look at K-Pop, it’s kind of popular around the world, but it’s known for some skinny boys and pretty girls.” He continued, “So I’m proud to be here without that skinny body! If I can do it, anybody can!

In the same interview, Psy talked about his next song. He stated, “I don’t think I’ll be doing any collaborations until my new track is done, and it’s not done yet, but I’m thinking of doing it by myself, so I can prove I can do it one more time,” revealing his intention to avoid being a global “one-hit wonder.”

Psy added, “And I’m working hard on it, because I’ve got to be good with the track and the video, and I’ve got to be able to perform it on the stage.”

Performances from the January 5th episode of ‘Show! Music Core’

Posted: 05 Jan 2013 12:14 AM PST

MBC's 'Music Core' is back once again with another fun and exciting show!

Today's show was guided by none other than SNSD's Tiffany, Taeyeon, and Seohyun who displayed their fun and dorky aegyo as always.

Aside from the usual performances on tonight's episode, Girls’ Generation, Baek Ji Young, Brown Eyed Girls’ JeA, and GLAM held their comeback stages while SECRET’s Sunhwa and B.A.P’s Youngjae performed their duet song.

Check out the adorable MC cuts below!

===

===

Performances from today's show includes Dal Shabet, Noh Ji Hoon, Sunny Hill, Juniel, SPICA, Hello Venus, BIG STAR, LEDApple, Gavy NJ, 2BiC, and Hi.ni!

Check them out below, and be sure to check out the debut/comeback stages for today by clicking the artist/song name above!

===

< LEDApple >

=

< Roh Ji Hoon >

=

< Sunny Hill >

=

< Dal Shabet >

=

< Juniel >

=

< SPICA >

===

Brown Eyed Girls’ JeA performs “While You Were Asleep” on ‘Music Core’

Posted: 05 Jan 2013 12:08 AM PST

After pre-releasing "Let's Hug" recently, Brown Eyed Girls' leader JeA has returned as a solo artist this time with her first album 'Just JeA'!

JeA's title track "While You Were Asleep" is a soft and emotional ballad that is sure to capture the hearts of fans.

Check out JeA's angelic performance below!

Baek Ji Young returns with “I Hate It” on ‘Music Core’!

Posted: 05 Jan 2013 12:04 AM PST

Baek Ji Young has released her new single titled "I Hate It"!

Renowned pianist Yiruma and composer 2FACE, who teamed up as 'Mind Tailor',  have written and composed the single, lending a hand to the soloist's anticipated comeback.

WS Entertainment stated previously, "Baek Ji Young and Yiruma's collaboration is their first project [together] through which the two artists' were able to express their common musical and emotional understandings. 'I Hate It' is more than just a 'crossover' of classical and popular music; it's a ballad song based on Yiruma's trademark ability to bring out emotions, and Baek Ji Young's sorrowful voice adds to the beautiful melody [to create] a story."

Check out Baek Ji Young's comeback stage below!

Girls’ Generation hold their powerful comeback stage with “I Got a Boy” on ‘Music Core’!

Posted: 04 Jan 2013 11:59 PM PST

It's finally here! Girls' Generation have dropped their 4th full-length album "I Got a Boy" with a powerful title track of the same name.

Since its release on January 1st, the girls have been dominating charts and are continuing to rake in millions of views!

After first performing quite a few songs from their new album during their MBC special 'Romantic Fantasy', fans have been anxious to see more.

Check out Girls' Generation's powerful comeback stage with "Dancing Queen" and "I Got A Boy" below during tonight's episode of MBC 'Music Core'.

SECRET’s Sunhwa and B.A.P’s Youngjae perform “Everything is Pretty” on ‘Music Core’

Posted: 04 Jan 2013 11:53 PM PST

After hinting about their upcoming duet with a friendly snapshot, SECRET's Sunhwa and B.A.P's Youngjae released their duet song, "Everything Is Pretty".

It has been revealed that producers Kang Ji Won and Kim Ki Bum collaborated on the song, which is about confessing love. Youngjae has been receiving attention for his husky yet soft voice, while Sunhwa has been captivating viewers with her lovable relationship with on-screen husband ZE:A's Kwanghee. This duet song features Youngjae and Sunhwa portraying a couple expressing their fondness for each other as they fall in love.

Check out Sunhwa and Youngjae's adorable duet performance below!

INFINITE’s Sunggyu shares his love for rock music

Posted: 04 Jan 2013 11:37 PM PST

INFINITE‘s Sunggyu shared his passion for rock music during the recent recording of ‘Yoon Do Hyun’s Must‘, and also surprised the audience with the name of his high school band.

The INFINITE member and soloist attended the recording, and was asked when he started to dream of becoming a rocker. To Yoon Do Hyun‘s question, Sunggyu revealed, “I grew up listening to rock music since I was little and when I was in high school, I started a school band,” impressing those in the audience who had not heard of Sunggyu’s past.

The singer then surprised everyone as he revealed the name of his school band to be “Coma Beat” as they had a hard time picturing the now-idol in a band with such a statement name.

Sunggyu also went on to perform his solo tracks “60 Sec” as well as “I Need You“, heating up the atmosphere as the audience fell into the trance of his stage presence.

SPEED to broadcast new reality shows through three different channels

Posted: 04 Jan 2013 10:54 PM PST

SPEED, who will finally be returning with their own song this time (rather than a remake of another group’s song like last time), is set to feature in their own reality program, not on just one broadcast station, but three!

The group will be unveiling two part series of ‘SPEED Dreaming of Polaris‘ with part 1 kicking off on January 6th through Mnet, followed by ‘SPEED Lucky Guys‘ part 1 on the 7th through MBC Music, and ‘SPEED Wild Story‘ on the 8th through SBS MTV. It is not clear at this point if the shows are all the same but titled differently for each station, or if they will be three separate shows.

The first parts are said to include BTS footage from their drama version of their blockbuster MV coming up with actors Kim Young Ho, Park Bo Young, Ji Chang Wook, Ha Suk Jin, and A Pink‘s Na Eun, and footage from their dance version as well. The second parts will include a small concert from SPEED and the story behind their emergency trip to Japan.

As for their actual music video, the boys will be dropping the drama version of “Sad Promise” on the 7th, so stay tuned!

[Thanks to those who sent this in!]

Roy Kim and Jung Joon Young are perfect for each other?

Posted: 04 Jan 2013 10:16 PM PST

Roy Kim and Jung Joong Young had their relationship fortune told on the ‘Superstar K4‘ special.

The members of  TOP 11 all had their fortunes told by a fortune teller. When the Roy Kim-Jung Joon Young pair got their fortune told, the teller said, “If Roy Kim is a tree, then Jung Joon Young is the water“, meaning that Jung Joon Young would help Roy Kim grow. Not only that, the fortune teller revealed that the two would create a synergy effect.

The two then joked around. Jung Joon Young told Roy Kim, “You should be good to me“, and Roy Kim answered, “Let’s get married“. Jung Joon Young agreed and said, “I’ll take care of you in the future“, bringing about a lot of laughs.