Thursday, January 10, 2013

"Girls’ Generation tops Billboard’s World Album and K-Pop Hot 100 Charts" plus 19 more

Girls’ Generation tops Billboard’s World Album and K-Pop Hot 100 Charts

Posted: 10 Jan 2013 09:03 AM PST

Girls’ Generation has topped Billboard‘s World Album and K-Pop Hot 100 charts with ‘I Got A Boy‘!

‘I Got A Boy’ managed to rank #1 on the World Album Chart and they are also #2 on the Heatseekers Albums, and #23 on Independent Albums.

Lee Seung Gi had topped the Billboard Korea K-Pop Hot 100 chart for 6 consecutive weeks but this week he got pushed down to 3rd place after Girls’ Generation and Baek Ji Young. Lee Seung Gi set a record last year, beating out even Psy‘s “Gangnam Style“. Do you think Girls’ Generation can set a new record?

Source: Billboard
Tip: George

The Boss release PV for Japanese single “Valentine Fighter”

Posted: 10 Jan 2013 08:31 AM PST

The Boss have released the PV for their newest Japanese single “Valentine Fighter‘.

“Valentine Fighter” will be available in three different versions, including two DVD editions and a CD-only release. All versions will include “Valentine Fighter”, “24×7“, and “Come Back to Me” as well as an instrumental of the title track. Limited Type A, a digipak, includes a DVD with the music video for “Valentine Fighter” and behind-the-scenes footage on top of a deluxe booklet. Limited Type B will come with a special project movie, while the CD-only edition will feature one of six unique trading cards.

“Valentine Fighter” is set to be released on February 6th.

Check out the PV below!

20130110_theboss_valentinefighter_hyunmin 20130110_theboss_valentinefighter_injun 20130110_theboss_valentinefighter_jay 20130110_theboss_valentinefighter_karam 20130110_theboss_valentinefighter_mika 20130110_theboss_valentinefighter1 20130110_theboss_valentinefighter2 20130110_theboss_valentinefighter3

Is IU gearing up for a comeback?

Posted: 10 Jan 2013 08:02 AM PST

It appears IU is preparing for her comeback.

LOEN Entertainment music producer Cho Young Chul recently wrote, “Jieun (IU) is of course the most comfortable and happy in the recording booth“. He attached a photo of IU inside a recording studio, dressed comfortably. She seemed to be in the middle of recording something, complete with headphones on her head.

IU had also hinted to her comeback recently. On the January 6th installment of ‘Inkigayo‘, she had said, “My comeback is soon. I’m preparing for something cool, so please look forward to it.” She had also written on her fancafe, “Soon I'm going to open the door and come out again. Wait for me while drinking a glass of juice in the living room!

Source: Cho Young Chul’s Twitter

Girls’ Generation’s YoonA spotted at ‘Gag Concert’

Posted: 10 Jan 2013 07:29 AM PST

Girls’ Generation‘s YoonA was spotted in the audience at a recent filming of KBS 2TV‘s ‘Gag Concert‘.

The photo shows YoonA sitting in the front row among the audience at ‘Gag Concert’ and impressing fans once again with her beauty while flashing her charming smile at the audience.

Netizens commented, “The fan who shot this got lucky”, “She is so pretty”, “She has a nice smile”, and more.

In other news, Girls’ Generation recently made their comeback with their 4th album ‘I Got A Boy‘.

INFINITE H reveal ‘Fly High’ album preview

Posted: 10 Jan 2013 07:09 AM PST

INFINITE H have just revealed a preview of their debut album, ‘Fly High‘.

The new subgroup, which consists of members Dongwoo and Hoya, will focus on hip hop music (hence the H in their name), in contrast to the original INFINITE's masculine pop-themed song releases.

Check out the track list here if you missed it, and the album preview below!

Lee Hyori reveals she will not get married anytime soon

Posted: 10 Jan 2013 07:05 AM PST

Lee Hyori recently attended Uhm Tae Woong and Yoon Hye Jin‘s wedding ceremony held on the 9th and revealed that she is in no rush to get married.

The well-known animal rights advocate congratulated the newlywed couple, stating, “I sincerely congratulate them on their marriage, and I wish that they live happily together. Tae Woong oppa raises many dogs, so I hope that even after he gets married, he will still take good care of the dogs.”

When asked if she had any marriage plans of her own, Lee Hyori responded jokingly, “The president (Park Geun Hye) hasn’t married yet either, so I feel like I don’t have a reason to get married soon.”

Lee Hyori previously announced her relationship with musician Lee Sang Soon back in November 2011.

Actor Yoo Seung Ho’s milky skin on ‘I Miss You’ draws attention

Posted: 10 Jan 2013 06:45 AM PST

Screenshots of Yoo Seung Ho from the MBC drama ‘I Miss You‘ are receiving attention for revealing the actor’s milky skin.

The images capture Yoo Seung Ho as Kang Hyung Joon on ‘I Miss You’, and his intense acting as well as his perfect complexion have left viewers and fans mesmerized.

Netizens commented, “Not only his skin, but his acting is also clean”, “I can’t sleep when I look at Yoo Seung Ho’s face”, “I watch ‘I Miss You’ because of Yoo Seung Ho”, and more.

In related news, ‘I Miss You’ has been extended by one episode.

Actress Son Tae Young to cameo in her husband Kwon Sang Woo’s drama ‘Queen of Ambition’

Posted: 10 Jan 2013 06:20 AM PST

Actress Son Tae Young will be making a cameo in her husband Kwon Sang Woo‘s upcoming drama, SBS‘ ‘Queen of Ambition‘.

According to her agency, the actress decided to appear in the drama at her husband’s suggestion. The representative shared on the 10th, “She won’t be playing a big role in the drama. She’s just making a cameo appearance. While speaking with the director, Kwon Sang Woo suggested that his wife should cameo in the drama after reading a line in the script that said, ‘He looks like my husband. It sucks.’ Son Tae Young gladly accepted the offer, and she’s concluded filming successfully.”

This will be Son Tae Young’s first appearance in a drama since the conclusion of SBS’ ‘Two Wives‘, which aired back in 2009.

Son Tae Young’s appearance in ‘Queen of Ambition’ will broadcast on the January 15th episode.

2PM release video teaser for 2nd Japanese album ‘Legend of 2PM’

Posted: 10 Jan 2013 05:54 AM PST

2PM have revealed a video teaser for their 2nd Japanese studio album, 'Legend of 2PM', which will hit stores on February 13, 2013.

The album will contain 13 tracks in all including 9 brand new songs and 4 of their previously released singles including "Masquerade", "Beautiful", "If You are Here", and "Forever". 2PM have had a very successful year in Japan, setting a new record at Tower Records for singles sales and winning the Grand Prize for Tower Records Japan's 'K-POP LOVERS! AWARDS 2012′. 2PM will also have their own concert at the famed Tokyo Dome.

Check out the video teaser below!

Go Young Wook taken into custody

Posted: 10 Jan 2013 05:32 AM PST

Go Young Wook (36), who’s currently being investigated for sexually assaulting minors, has been taken into custody.

Seoul Western District Court judge Lee Dong Geun issued an arrest warrant against Go Young Wook for 4 counts of sexual misconduct and assault against minors. The judge stated he found reason to take the former Roo’ra member into custody due to concerns that he would tamper with evidence or flee.

With this new development, it looks like the police will be more aggressive about the investigation. Go Young Wook is reported to be jailed and undergoing interrogation.

The accused himself commented, “I’m sorry for causing a stir. I will [be cooperative with the investigation].”

Source: Star News via Nate

Jung Hye Young’s first film ‘The Gangster Shaman’ ranks #1 at the box office on first day

Posted: 10 Jan 2013 05:05 AM PST

Actress Jung Hye Young‘s, who also happens to be Sean of Jinusean‘s wife, first feature film, ‘The Gangster Shaman‘, brought in 106,959 viewers on its first day, beating out the #1 movie for the past two weeks, ‘Tower‘.

‘The Gangster Shaman’ is a comedy film directed by Jo Jin Gyu and also features actors Park Shin Yang, Kim Jung Tae, and Uhm Ji Won.

Jung Hye Young shared, “I’m excited because this is my first film, and after watching it, I’m curious and a little afraid of what kind of response it will receive. When I first read the script, I thought that there were a lot of fun segments appropriate for a comedy film, but I didn’t take the role of someone who meets her daughter in the ICU lightly.”

Jung Hye Young plays the role of ‘Mi Sook’, an outspoken single mother who undergoes the emotional turmoil of watching over her sick daughter as she lies in the ICU. The actress opened up about how she prepared for her role, sharing, “I worried about how I will portray the role of ‘Mi Sook’, and because I am also a mother, I was able to express those [motherly] feelings well. As I acted as ‘Mi Sook’, I showed a lot of sad emotions,” revealing how motherhood helped her to take on her first film.

Check out the trailer below!

Choi Daniel treats his ‘School 2013′ co-stars to a chicken soup feast

Posted: 10 Jan 2013 04:40 AM PST

Actor Choi Daniel recently treated his ‘School 2013‘ co-stars to some delicious chicken soup (samgyetang).

Kwak Jung Wook shared on his Twitter on the 9th, “Teacher Choi Daniel is treating us! I ate the chicken soup well. Now I have to listen to Sae Chan teacher well,” along with the photos above.

The photos show actors Kwak Jung Wook, Lee Ji Hoon, and Lee Yi Kyung digging into the delicious chicken and happily enjoying their healthy meal.

Netizens commented, “Choi Daniel is a cool teacher”, “Look at their surprised facial expressions. The three of them are so adorable”, “‘School 2013′ is fun to watch these days”, and more.

‘Strong Heart’ to air Girls’ Generation special for last episode

Posted: 10 Jan 2013 04:17 AM PST

Strong Heart‘ will air a Girls’ Generation special for its last episode.

According to a representative from the show, Girls’ Generation have been invited to participate in the last filming of the SBS talk show scheduled for January 17th. All nine members of the group will appear to discuss their recent comeback with “I Got A Boy” as well as stories from their time away from the K-pop scene.

The rep stated, “All nine members of Girls’ Generation will participate in the last filming of ‘Strong Heart’. To have the top girl group [end the show] means a lot.”

After the January 17th recording session, ‘Strong Heart’ will be officially canceled.

Source: Newsen via Nate

‘IRIS 2′ cast show off their teamwork in another set of still cuts

Posted: 10 Jan 2013 03:52 AM PST

Upcoming KBS drama ‘IRIS 2‘ released another set of still cuts, putting fans on the edge of their seats in anticipation for the drama.

The photos show Jang Hyuk, Lee Da HaeLee Bum SooOh Yeon Soo, and B2ST‘s Doojoon enjoying their time on set and showing off their team spirit with their thumbs up and fists in the air for a ‘fighting’ (sign of encouragement in Korea) pose. The behind-the-scenes cuts left fans curious as to how their teamwork on set will translate onto the small screen.

Hold on a little longer for the premiere of ‘IRIS 2′ on February 13th KST!

Past pictures of miss A’s Suzy with friends attract attention

Posted: 10 Jan 2013 03:24 AM PST

Past photos of miss A‘s Suzy hanging out at a ‘noraebang‘, a karaoke room, with friends from her hometown of Gwangju surfaced recently on an online community.

In the pictures, Suzy is wearing a letterman jacket, a hooded t-shirt, and shorts, looking comfortable and as adorable as ever without a trace of makeup on. She looks like an average Korean high school student having fun with classmates.

Netizens commented, “You can tell it’s Suzy just by glancing at them“, “She looks so young when she’s with her friends“, “I want to go to a noraebang with Suzy too“, and more.

Could you tell it was Suzy right away?

Comedian Kim Ki Ri to appear in 2Yoon’s “24/7″ MV

Posted: 10 Jan 2013 03:00 AM PST

Comedian Kim Ki Ri will be appearing in the music video for 2Yoon‘s (4minute‘s Gayoon and Jiyoon) highly-anticipated upcoming single24/7“.

Kim Ki Ri is said to have brightened up the atmosphere of the soon-to-be released MV set with his funny personality. He also showed off his close friendship with labelmates Gayoon and Jiyoon.

“24/7″ will be the first of its kind in K-pop as a country pop song. The song expresses the desire to escape one’s busy lifestyle and enjoy each moment to its fullest.

2Yoon’s “24/7″ and debut mini-album ‘Harvest Moon‘ will be released on the 17th KST.

Girls’ Generation wins #1 + performances from January 10th’s episode of ‘M! Countdown’!

Posted: 10 Jan 2013 02:33 AM PST

Mnet's ‘M! Countdown‘ is back with another spectacular episode chock-full of exciting performances!

Aside from the usual stages on tonight's episode, INFINITE H, Brown Eyed Girls’ JeA, and Airplane debuted, while Kim So Jung and Boyfriend held their comeback stages.

Competing for the #1 spot, it was a hot battle between Girls’ Generation and Baek Ji Young, but in the end, it was Girls’ Generation who clinched the win tonight with "I Got A Boy"!

Congratulations to Girls’ Generation on receiving 10,000 points and their first 'M! Countdown' trophy with “I Got A Boy“!

===

[Next Week's Teasers]

===

Performers tonight included GLAM, December, Dick Punks & Yoo Seung Woo, Baek Ji Young, Big Star, Girls’ Generation, Sunny Hill, A-Prince, Hi.ni, and Hello Venus.

Check out the performances below:

===

< Sunny Hill >

=

< Baek Ji Young >

=

< Girls’ Generation >

=

INFINITE H debut with “Special Girl” on ‘M! Countdown’

Posted: 10 Jan 2013 02:16 AM PST

INFINITE H are debuting soon with their upcoming album, 'Fly High'.

"Special Girl" (feat. Bumky) is the second track to be revealed from the INFINITE subunit's debut album. The lyrics were written by Beenzino and Bumky, while the song was composed and arranged by Primary. INFINITE H previously released the MV teaser for their title track, "Fly High", as well.

Check out their performances of “Special Girl” and “Without You” below!

Boyfriend come back with “I Yah” on ‘M! Countdown’

Posted: 10 Jan 2013 02:04 AM PST

Boyfriend are back again with the release of their new track "I Yah"!

The members are letting go of their boy-next-door image, leaving fans swooning once more with their 'homme fatale' concept for "I Yah" after the powerful concept seen in "Janus".

"I Yah", produced by Sweetune, is a song off of Boyfriend’s repackaged album of the same name. Child actress Kim So Hyun also made a cameo as the girl who Boyfriend can't take their eyes off of in the "I Yah" MV.

Check out their performance of “I Yah” and “Standing With U“ below!

Brown Eyed Girls’ JeA performs “While You Were Asleep” on ‘M! Countdown’

Posted: 10 Jan 2013 01:55 AM PST

After pre-releasing "Let's Hug", Brown Eyed Girls' leader JeA has returned as a solo artist this time with her first album 'Just JeA'!

JeA's title track "While You Were Asleep" is a soft and emotional ballad that is sure to capture the hearts of fans.

Check out JeA's angelic performance below!