Wednesday, January 9, 2013

"Kim Jaejoong’s Solo Album is No. 1 in Pre-Orders in Japan" plus 24 more

"Kim Jaejoong’s Solo Album is No. 1 in Pre-Orders in Japan" plus 24 more

Kim Jaejoong’s Solo Album is No. 1 in Pre-Orders in Japan

Posted: 09 Jan 2013 07:55 AM PST

JYJ Kim Jaejoong's first solo album has garnered attention and has become a hot topic in Japan.

Ever since the pre-order sales have started 5 days ago, Kim Jaejoong's first solo mini-album 'MINE' has occupied the no 1 position in the charts of online sites such as Gmarket and Rakuten. The fact that it topped the reservation chart of Rakuten, Japan's largest internet shopping mall is impressive.

Due to agency problems, Kim Jaejoong does not have any activities in Japan. However, even if there are no promotions or activities, he still has the interest of local fans. The Protect the Boss OST, in which Kim Jaejoong has particpated, became number 1 last year in Gmarket Japan.

(T/N: to clarify, Gmarket JP and Rakuten started pre-orders since last week, ahead of the official pre-order date for Korean sites)

Credit: enews24 via Nate
Translated by: Ruby of JYJ3

SPEED's "Sad Promise" receives an explosive reaction from domestic and overseas fans

Posted: 09 Jan 2013 07:30 AM PST

Rookie group SPEED's "Sad Promise" music video has gained an explosive reaction from international fans.

SPEED's "Sad Promise" music video and teaser were released on YouTube, and since then there have been over 500,00 views, many of which have been from overseas fans.

SPEED's "Sad Promise" has been viewed by a large amount of fans from Thailand, Japan, and France, and their agency commented, "We're surprised to receive this reaction, but the message the video has includes the depressing democratic uprising history of Korea and helps spreads awareness about Korea's history."

The 11 minute video stars Park Boyoung, Ji Changwook, Ha Seokjin, Kim Youngho, Son Naeun, Jung Soyoung and Choi Jiyeon and depicts the May 18th Gwangju Democratic Uprising.

SPEED's "Sad Promise" has received an explosive reaction in Korea as well, as the song entered the top 10 on Melon's real-time charts, as well as placing 3rd on Soribada and 4th on Bugs.

Source: http://news.nate.com.../20130108n11855
Translated by: Nathaniel @ Core Clique

"Lost much weight" KARA Nicole, recent picture

Posted: 09 Jan 2013 07:00 AM PST

A picture of Nicole who has excessively lost weight became a hot topic.

Recently on some online community, a picture title "Recently Nicole lost weight and became all skins and bones" has been uploaded. The picture that Nicole uploaded by herself into twitter not too long ago with caption "I Love Strawberry" coupled with a screen cap of Nicole's performance in Dazzling red at SBS Gayo Daejun.

On the first picture,  Nicole showed her natural self with disheveled hair and bare face. but the image of her lost much weight stands out. There are lots of opinion said that her cheeks lost too much weight and looks sick. On the performance picture too, nicole flaunted her cheeks that have lost weight and slim bodyline however there are also lots of response saying  her special  cute and lively images has faded.

Netizen who saw the picture wrote various comments "Nicole stop diet right now!", "Your face looks like a patient. Looks sick", "It's alright to get some weight ", "Girl group member still looks pretty even after diet hard."

Source: http://news.sportsse...ain/1126209.htm

Tiger JK to make big screen debut in ‘Around the World’

Posted: 09 Jan 2013 06:30 AM PST

Tiger JK will be making his big screen debut through upcoming movie 'Journey Around the World'.

The distributor of the film stated on January 8 that the godfather of Korean Hip Hop music Tiger JK will appear in the film 'Journey Around the World' as the rocker named Phil Hong who plays music on the street. In the released teaser images, the warm-hearted rocker is wearing fingerless leather gloves, a shabby coat, messy hair and a beard.

On his first movie role, Tiger JK shared, "I loved the scenario. I think it's a warm movie that everyone needs right now, so I was thankful when I chose the role. At first I was stressed because I might be a negative impact on the film, but now I'm completely enamored with it."

So Ji Sub to rap for Mnet’s ‘Collabo One’ project

Posted: 09 Jan 2013 06:00 AM PST

Actor So Ji Sub will soon be showcasing his rapping talents through Mnet's special project 'Collabo One'!

'Collabo One' is a new project that invites entertainers who aren't singers to participate in a collaboration with other musicians. The production team will invite an entertainer who loves music to participate each month, and offer him/her the chance to work with music professionals.

So Ji Sub will be the first entertainer to participate in the collaboration project where he will transform into a rapper and release his new album in mid-January. The program "Music Triangle" will show So Ji Sub's recording process over the next three weeks.

According to the production members, So Ji Sub participated in the entire production process, and even wrote the lyrics, showing his passion for music composition. But just like in the past, he will not be performing the songs on any televised music shows.

ZE:A to promote as five-member unit in Japan

Posted: 09 Jan 2013 05:30 AM PST

ZE:A is set to promote as a five-member unit in Japan this coming February.

Forming their own sub-unit called ZE:A5, they will be releasin a Japanese single "The Classic" on February 7th. The group also plans to settle down in Japan with the upcoming set of activities including mini live and free hug event.

ZE:A5 consists of members SiWan, Kevin, Minwoo, Hyungsik and Dongjun. The remaining members will be taking a short break, while leader Junyoung will rest to recover from his recent injury.

Girls' Generation Jessica garners attention with her dolphin's scream

Posted: 09 Jan 2013 05:18 AM PST

Girls' Generation's Jessica receives much attention with her dolphin's scream.

The girls recorded KBS show "Hello" recently and there was a funny incident during the filming. Jessica and Yoona had some great time at the filming set, Jessica screamed when she slid down the ladder.

Check out her dolphin's scream below

Shinhwa’s Shin Hyesung to bring ‘Winter Poetry’ in Japan

Posted: 09 Jan 2013 05:00 AM PST

After his successful concerts in Korea, Shinhwa's Shin Hyesung will be bringing his winter concert in Japan.

Live Works Company announced on January 8 that Shin Hyesung will head to Japan in preparation for his 'Shin Hyesung 2013 Japan Tour – Winter Poetry' concerts. He will hold shows in Osaka from January 9 to 10 and then in Tokyo from January 12 to 13.

He will be meeting up with about 7,000 fans during the four shows, and since the winter show comes three months after he held a fan meet in Japan 'Always HYESUNG's Day 2012' that took place in Tokyo in October, a great number of fans are showing great anticipation.

Meanwhile, Shin Hyesung is also preparing for Shinhwa's 15th anniversary comeback in March.

SPEED to hold comeback stage next week with Davichi’s Kang Min Kyung

Posted: 09 Jan 2013 04:30 AM PST

Rookie group SPEED will finally be making its comeback next week!

On January 9, Core Contents Media announced that SPEED will perform their comeback track "Sad Promise" alongside Davichi's Kang Min Kyung on 'M! Countdown' on January 17, on 'Music Bank' on the 18th, on MBC TV's Show! Music Core' on the 19th and Inkigayo' on the 20th.

SPEED recently released the dance and drama versions of their "Sad Promise" music video and gained an explosive reaction from both local and international fans. The song also entered the top 10 of real-time music charts.

Girls’ Generation reveals performance and chat session clips from ‘V Concert’

Posted: 09 Jan 2013 04:11 AM PST

Girls' Generation has revealed the performance and chat session clips from their recent virtual concert through SMTOWN's official Youtube channel.

On January 5th, Girls' Generation held its virtual concert called "Girls' Generation V Concert" at the M-Stage at Gangnam subway station in southern Seoul. In the concert, "I Got a Boy" and "Dancing Queen" were presented as hologram videos. The girls also conducted a brief talk show at the booth by the stage.

Check out the videos below!

Opening + "Dancing Queen" performance

"I Got a Boy"

Chat Sessions

B2ST’s Doojoon becomes elite agent for ‘IRIS 2’

Posted: 09 Jan 2013 04:00 AM PST

B2ST's Yoon Doojoon has made a full transformation into an elite secret agent for the much-awaited series, 'IRIS 2'.

KBS 'IRIS 2' unveiled still cuts showing Doojoon on duty as an elite NSS agent Seo Hyun Woo who is recognized for his smarts and good looks. Seo Hyun Woo is a great agent who is talented in shooting, decoding, martial arts, and foreign languages. With his skills, he will provide much support for Lee Da Hae and Jang Hyuk's characters in the drama.

An official from the drama's production shared, "Yoon Doojoon's passion for the drama is very impressive, and he never looks to be tired. Many people will be able to see how good of an actor Yoon Doojoon is."

Girls’ Generation reveals plans and ambitions for 2013

Posted: 09 Jan 2013 03:30 AM PST

Girls' Generation is currently promoting their 4th album 'I Got A Boy' actively, more than one year after their 3rd album 'The Boys'. As Girls' Generation made a powerful start in the new year, they are expected to become some of the busiest people this year.

With that in mind, it would be interesting to know Girls' Generation's plans for the new year.

Taeyeon: "As time goes by, my ambition for music has grown. I can feel that my enthusiasm for music is growing. Simply having music broadcasts does not quench my thirst. I would like to perform more and my goal is to transfer more energy to fans who want it."

Yuri: "For me, I hope that I can be more creative in many areas and that I can work in more fields. That's why I aspire to be an artiste who can express herself from her work. Since I do not stand out in any particular area, I would like to work in more fields so that I can connect them together."

Seohyun: "I was involved in lyrics writing for the first time. I also tried writing a song. The unnies are really committed to these so they are my role models. I would also like to try challenging new things like musicals and emceeing, those that unnies have once experienced."

Tiffany: "For me, too, as I keep doing the same thing, my thoughts on music and songs are growing bigger. In the future, I would like to continue doing music. Besides that, I'm also interested in acting. I am currently reading lots of Korean as well as English scripts because I want to take up this challenge."

Sooyoung: "I am currently an MC for SBS's 'Midnight TV Entertainment'. Personally, I feel that it's very interesting. It seems to me that in the future, as I accumulate more experiences and grow older, I will be able to do many things well. Therefore as I grow older, I would like to have more talk shows. If I see good dramas or movie productions, I would also like to give it a try."

YoonA: "Although I am an actress, I think that I can receive many opportunities because I have 'Girls' Generation' as a title. I'm working with devotion as part of Girls' Generation, and would like to try more roles if I meet good productions. In the past, I once thought of getting rid of a girl group's image when I tried acting, but now, as I am working as Girls' Generation, I would like to present an image that is what the public is seeing as 'YoonA of Girls' Generation'."

Jessica: "For me, since I am ambitious now, I would like to grab good opportunities. I also hope to sing and get involved in musicals like what I am doing now. If so, I will need to practice every now and then. I think learning new things is an important process. I'm studying a lot now."

Hyoyeon: "I still think that I have not shown all sides of me on the stage. I hope to present more images, those that I want to show to everyone."

Sunny: "I also think that trying out something new can be fun, and for what I am currently doing, I want to do it better. Although it's important to take up new challenges, I will only try them if I have the confidence to digest them well. I think that it's right to not do something that does not suit me. I will just tell myself, let's just do my current work well."

Credit: sbs.co.kr
Translated by: imwhywhy@fanwonder.com

B2ST’s Yoseob confesses he once ran away from home

Posted: 09 Jan 2013 03:02 AM PST

B2ST's Yang Yoseob shared his personal experience running away from home.

The idol recently appeared as guest on jTBC's 'We Are Detectives' and discussed about teenage crime. MC Lee Hwi Jae asked Yoseob if he ran away from home to which he replied, "I have experience running away, but mom didn't know."

"I did run away, but it turned into me just going out for a bit," he explained. "I wanted to run away from home, but it was really cold and I was hungry. My sister saw me sitting in front of my house, so we returned home."

The full episode will air on January 10 at 11:00 PM KST.

So Ji Sub to feature Younha in new album + casts Yoo Seung Ho and Park Shin Hye for MV

Posted: 09 Jan 2013 02:37 AM PST

So Ji Sub will be returning to the music scene in late January with another hip hop album. For his comeback, it has been revealed that Younha will be featuring in the album, while actors Yoo Seung Ho and Park Shin Hye will be starring in the upcoming music video.

Younha will feature in So Ji Sub's new mini album, 'Six O' Clock… Playground' for the track "Excursion", which sings about a man and woman in love who painfully decide to break up.

Furthermore, Yoo Seung Ho, whose nickname is "Little So Ji Sub", will be casting as a character in his 20s, and So Ji Sub himself will be casting as a man in his 30s. Park Shin Hye will be casting as a female celebrity who gets loved by the two men.

This music video will mark the first time that Park Shin Hye will be working with So Ji Sub. The actress confessed that when she heard that So Ji Sub would like to have her star in his music video, she felt extremely honored and excited.

GLAM releases dance practice video for “I Like That”

Posted: 09 Jan 2013 02:12 AM PST

After releasing a dance tutorial earlier, GLAM has now revealed a dance practice video for its latest single, "I Like That".

"I Like That" showcases an exquisite and sensible melody plus a retro vibe. Even the choreography of the single is filled with a 90's elements plus the group's trademark hip hop moves.

Check out the video below!

Birthday girl 4Minute's Jihyun is a cute bunny

Posted: 09 Jan 2013 01:39 AM PST

4Minute's leader Nam Jihyun updated her Twitter on 9th January.

She mentioned,"Prepared on your own, fans who wished me Happy Birthday! Overseas fans! Thank you so much. I'm so touched. 2013 let's be happy together, love you all."

Then she shared the photo above, she is seen wearing a the bunny ears headband, carving a sweet smile while looking at the camera.

Once again Happy Birthday leader Nam!

Yunho's still cuts for 'Queen of ambition' revealed

Posted: 09 Jan 2013 12:30 AM PST

SBS's new drama "Queen of ambition" (Yawang) has released the new poster and still cuts featuring TVXQ's YunhoThe appearance of Yunho raises fans' expectation for his role alongside top stars Kwon Sang Woo and Soo Ae.
Yunho appears in hockey uniform and elegant suite, made viewers curious about his character. The detail of the character is still kept secret but fans can guess that his character name is Baek Do Hoon, a student of Dong Hwa university based on his uniform.

'Queen of ambition' will broadcast on January 14, after 'The king of dramas'

Source: SBS
Written by Jenny@dkpopnews

SNSD's Jessica hospitalized due to exhaustion

Posted: 08 Jan 2013 11:30 PM PST

It has been reported that SNSD's Jessica was hospitalized due to exhaustion.

On January 8, during her musical 'Legally Blonde', her body wasn't in good condition and she fell down twice. Her legs kept trembling during the show but she persevered till the end and was seen crying after that. It was also reported that the rest member rushed to the hospital after hearing the news.

Seem like the tight schedule with 'I got a boy' promotion, musical, magazine shooting, TV show recording activities weakened her health and led to the exhausion.

Hope she gets well soon!

Source: SMTownEngSub
Written by Jenny@dkpopnews

Kim Jong Min receives disc surgery

Posted: 08 Jan 2013 11:00 PM PST

Koyote member Kim Jong Min underwent a disc surgery on January 8th for some ongoing back pains from a relapsed disc condition that he's been suffering with.

After the procedure, Kim Jong Min is currently reported to be in the hospital. He will be temporarily released on January 9th to attend Uhm Tae Woong's wedding.

Also, his representative assured fans that there will be no major interruptions to his broadcast schedule and promotional activities.

Source: KBS

Lee Sang Yoon and Nam Sang Mi end their relationship

Posted: 08 Jan 2013 10:40 PM PST

Actor couple Lee Sang Yoon and Nam Sang Mi have decided to go their separate ways after 18 months together.

On January 8th, Lee Sang Yoon's agency confirmed the news, "It's true that Lee Sang Yoon and Nam Sang Mi broke up. We also heard the news just this morning. They decided to remain as good friends."

The pair met in March of 2010 on the set of the drama 'Life Is Beautiful,' where they played lovers. Their feelings soon moved off-screen and the two admitted they were an item in June.

Meanwhile, Lee Sang Yoon is currently casting KBS 2TV drama 'My Daughter, Seo Young', and Nam Sang Mi casted in movie 'The Peach Tree'.

KARA’s Jiyoung steps down from ‘IRIS 2’

Posted: 08 Jan 2013 10:15 PM PST

KARA's Kang Jiyoung has confirmed her exit from the long-awaited drama, 'IRIS 2'.

DSP Media announced on January 8 that due to differences in scheduling and filming, the network and the agency couldn't see eye to eye on a few matters resulting in Kang Jiyoung walking away from the show.

In the upcoming drama, Jiyoung was originally set to play Song Chae Ran, an undercover agent of NSS. However, she was overwhelmed with her conflicting Japan schedule and ultimately decided to leave the cast.

'IRIS 2' is reportedly struggling to fill the vacant spot left by Jiyoung as they open another casting call for the role.

Former Girls’ Generation trainee Lee Hwan Hee to comeback with new single

Posted: 08 Jan 2013 09:50 PM PST

Former Girls' Generation trainee Lee Hwan Hee (also known as Fwaney) will be making a comeback this year.

On January 7, Worthy Entertainment released teaser stills from the music video for her upcoming song "Monroe's Heel." In the photos, Lee Hwan Hee is shown with smokey eye makeup and studded accessories, completely different from her innocent image on debut single.

"Monroe's Heel" is produced by Kim Gun Woo, and is based on the story that Marilyn Monroe cut off 0.6cm from one of her heels to give off a sexier vibe. The melody has a stylish beat under a guitar and synth sound.

A representative from the agency revealed, "After releasing the teaser still, we will release the teaser for the title song 'Monroe's Heel' on January 11 then hold a showcase at BE.HIVE in Cheongdam on January 15."

Shinhwa’s Kim Dongwan sings for ‘Cheer Up, Mister Kim’ OST

Posted: 08 Jan 2013 09:25 PM PST

Shinhwa's Kim Dongwan participated in the soundtrack for his KBS daily series, 'Cheer Up, Mister Kim'.

On January 9th, Kim Dongwan released his new single "Only Love", a heartwarming song that sings of gaining hope and courage from the love of family, perfectly fitting the genre of the series.

In the series, Dongwan takes on the role of Kim Tae Pyeong, who suddenly becomes the guardian of 4 kids each bearing a different surname.

Zinger expected to rejoin SECRET next week

Posted: 08 Jan 2013 09:00 PM PST

After being away for weeks to recover from her injuries, SECRET's Zinger is expected to rejoin the group next week.

TS Entertainment announced on the 8th, "Zinger has recovered from her injuries and is currently back with the members in their dormitory. After her complete recovery, she will be able to rejoin the group's official activities next week."

Last December, SECRET was involved in a car accident after their car slipped through the icy road. Zinger had sustained a rib fracture and bruised lungs and temporarily halted activities to receive treatment and physical therapy.

Jaejoong’s movie ‘Jackal Is Coming’ to be released in Japan

Posted: 08 Jan 2013 08:40 PM PST

After making its premiere in Korea last year, 'Jackal Is Coming' starring JYJ's Kim Jaejoong and Song Ji Hyo, is hoping to find a big audience in Japan.

According to the movie distributor, it had secured a May 3 premiere for the love-suspense movie in Japan. 'Jackal Is Coming' talks about a legendary assassin (Song Ji Hyo) who kidnaps top star Choi Hyun (Jaejoong) and the various incidents that occur.

In addition, previously unpublished images of the movie have been revealed. In the photos, Choi Hyun and Jackal meet for the first time in the hotel that will be the main stage for much of this movie. Another image was that of Jaejoong sitting by himself on a chair, talking on the telephone.

Credit: dongbangdata.net