Wednesday, January 2, 2013

"Park Yoochun Completes His Grand Slam in 3 Major Broadcasting Agencies With 2012 ‘Rooftop Prince’" plus 24 more

Posted: 02 Jan 2013 07:45 AM PST

Actor Park Yoochun has swept the major awards of the 3 major agencies in 3 years, completing the grand slam and showcasing his power.

Park Yoochun received 4 awards in 2012 SBS Acting Awards, receiving the Excellence Award, Best Couple Award, Netizen's Most Popular Award, The Teen Idol Award with his first SBS drama 'Rooftop Prince'.

Receiving the Best Rookie Award in his debut year in KBS with 'Sungkyunkwan Scandal', and in the following year in MBC with 'Miss Ripley', he also won the Excellence Award in 2012 MBC Acting Awards with 'I Miss You' as well, before completing the unprecedented rout with 'Rooftop Prince'.

Park Yoochun, accepting the award, commented "I thank you very much for your support. I had a lot of fun while filming 'Rooftop Prince', and I am so happy to receive an award from it. I have so many people to thank. To my father in heaven, whom I have missed during the filming the most and will miss the most until the day I join him, I wish to dedicate this award. I did not tell my father that I loved him a lot during his lifetime. I wish to take this opportunity to tell him that I love him."

Source: koreandrama

Super Junior-M and EXO-M Shine at Year-End Stages

Posted: 02 Jan 2013 07:20 AM PST

Source: thestar.chosun
Translator: profippun @ CODE:EXO
Editor: taoshifu @ CODE:EXO

Seo Taiji wants to appear on ‘Gag Concert’

Posted: 02 Jan 2013 07:00 AM PST

Singer Seo Taiji confessed that he wanted to appear on variety program, 'Gag Concert'.

Celebrating the year 2012 as the 20th anniversary since his debut, Seo Taeji posted answers to 200 questions on his official fanclub, seotaiji.com, on December 31.

When he was asked if he was interested in joining the audience and appearing in KBS 2's 'Gag Concert', the singer replied, "I would like to appear as a guest. My humors are murderous. It's just that it was never revealed."

Seo Taiji also talked about his next album plan, "I'm very curious about it, too. I'll let you know when the time comes."

Regarding his ideal type, the singer said, "I like someone who has a special character that nobody else has."

Shin Hye Sung holds his successful year-end concert

Posted: 02 Jan 2013 06:30 AM PST

Shinhwa's Shin Hye Sung successfully wrapped up his solo year-end concert with a bang!

On December 30 and 31, Shin Hye Sung held his year end concert '2012-2013 SHIN HYE SUNG CONCERT "THE YEAR'S JOURNEY"' at Kyunghee University, gathering some 8,000 fans. And just as last year's concert, the tickets for this year's concert were sold out as soon as the sales started.

At the show, Shin Hye Sung sang his new single "It'd Be Nice If It Were You", as well as his previous singles "Stay" and "Come Back." He also covered Girls' Generation Taetiseo's "Twinkle" and Lee Hyori's "10 Minutes", to the delight of the fans.

In addition, fellow Shinhwa member, Lee Min Woo made a surprise appearance during the concert, and made a special performance.

Yonghwa is the composer of CNBLUE’s next title song

Posted: 02 Jan 2013 06:00 AM PST

CNBLUE's Yonghwa is hard at work on making another great hit.

On January 2, Yonghwa posted on CNBLUE's official Twitter, "Hello everyone! It's me Yonghwa ㅋㅋ The weather is extremely cold,right guys ㅠ CNBLUE's title song that will be released on Jan 14 is my composition! ㅋㅋ You've been waiting very long so we'll continue do our best. Please anticipate us a lot. We'll be together soon!"

He also attached a photo of himself working with his synthesizer and computer for their next track. With this, CNBLUE's comeback will mark their first promotion of their self-composed title track since their debut in 2010.

Credit: cnbluestorm

IU greets fans in Hanbok for the New Year

Posted: 02 Jan 2013 05:30 AM PST

Talented and beautiful IU donned her colorful hanbok (Korean traditional dress) and elegantly greeted fans in time for the New Year.

A Korean online shopping website, 11th street, recently showed pictures of IU giving a New Year's greeting. The singer is gracefully donning a yellow and pink hanbok, and doing the traditional bow.

IU said, "I wish you all the best with strength from brilliant snakes in the Year of the Snake. I hope that you have a lucky year."

Girls’ Generation reveals BTS photos from ‘Romantic Fantasy’

Posted: 02 Jan 2013 05:00 AM PST

Girls' Generation revealed some behind-the-scenes photos from their comeback MBC special, 'Girls' Generation's Romantic Fantasy.'

MBC aired their comeback special program 'Girls' Generation's Romantic Fantasy' on January 1st. During the broadcast, the 9 members performed their latest title track "I Got A Boy" as well as "Romantic St.", "Dancing Queen" and other new songs from their 4th album.

The members also sat together as they talked about the pressures stemming from their comeback, their excitement, and interesting tidbits during their preparation for their comeback. They also shared their relationship techniques, and also revealed their ideal types.

2PM to release 2nd Japanese album + hold Tokyo Dome concert

Posted: 02 Jan 2013 04:30 AM PST

Hallyu group 2PM kicked off the new yearwith full-page advertisements in two of Japan's leading dailies, announcing the release of their second Japanese studio album, 'Legend of 2PM' and upcoming gigs at the Tokyo Dome.

With Asai and Youmi's full-page newspaper advertisement, 2PM announced that they will be holding solo concerts on April 20th and 21st at the Tokyo Dome. The two-day showcase titled 'Legend of 2PM in Tokyo Dome' was deemed a phenomenal feat as the group only made its Japanese debut in May 2011.

2PM is also set to release its 2nd Japanese studio album, 'Legend of 2PM' on February 13th. The album will contain 13 tracks including 9 brand new songs and 4 of their previously released singles including "Masquerade", "Beautiful", "If You are Here" and "Forever".

Girls’ Generation’s Hyoyeon and Yuri to bespecial MCs on ‘M! Countdown’

Posted: 02 Jan 2013 04:00 AM PST

Girls' Generation's Hyoyeon and Yuri have been chosen as special MCs for Mnet's "M! Countdown" episode featuring Girls' Generation's Korean comeback, which will air on January 3rd at 6:00 PM KST.

In the show, the girls will be performing two songs: "Dancing Queen" and "I Got A Boy". This will be the first time "I Got A Boy" is performed on a weekly music show.

Before their "M! Countdown" performance, the girls will appear as guests on Mnet's "Open Studio Talk". Girls' Generation will also perform on KBS's "Music Bank", MBC's "Show! Music Core", and SBS's "Inkigayo" on the 4th, 5th, and 6th of January, respectively.

Source: Soshified

Han Ji Min looks stunning in black dress

Posted: 02 Jan 2013 03:15 AM PST

A photo of actress Han Ji Min taken before she attended an award ceremony was uploaded on an online community board and became a hot topic among netizens.

In the photo, Han Ji Min was fully dressed up to attend '2012 SBS Drama Awards', which was held on December 31st. The actress is wearing a black chiffon dress and sitting beautifully in the stairs, showing her goddess charms.

Netizens commented, "She's so beautiful", "So pretty" and "She looks gorgeous."

Meanwhile, Han Ji Min received the Best Actress Award and the Best Couple Award at the 2012 SBS Drama Awards.

Kim Sori reveals album jacket for “Dual Life”

Posted: 02 Jan 2013 03:15 AM PST

Singer Kim Sori is almost back and to get fans even more excited, she has released the album jacket photo for her upcoming single "Dual Life", in addition to the music video teaser revealed earlier this week.

"Dual Life" was produced by BEATAMIN, who created tracks such as HyunA's "Straight Up" and U-Kiss' "Te Amo." In addition, Kim Sori directly participated in writing the lyrics of the track.

15&’s Baek Ye Rin reveals teaser for next ‘15& Sound’

Posted: 02 Jan 2013 02:52 AM PST

Baek Ye Rin of rookie duo 15& has released a short video teaser of her cover of Rain's "I Do" for the third part of '15& Sound' project.

'15& Sound' features 15& members Park Ji Min and Baek Ye Rin covering some of the popular tracks of their JYP Entertainment sunbaes. After covering Wonder Girls' "Be My Baby" and Lim Jeong Hee's "Clockwork", Baek Ye Rin will be releasing her own cover of Rain's "I Do".

Check out the teaser below!

B2ST, 4minute, G.Na and more releases shout out for United Cube concert

Posted: 02 Jan 2013 02:27 AM PST

Cube Entertainment's artists B2ST, 4minute, G.Na, BTOB and Roh Ji Hoon have come together to send a special shout out for the upcoming United Cube concert.

Titled '2013 United Cube in Seoul', the concert will be taking place at the Jamsil Indoor Gymnasium on February 2nd. All Cube Entertainment artists expressed their excitement and promised to put on a grand show and amazing performances for the fans.

Check out the video below!

Kim Greem sings for ‘Jeon Woo Chi’ OST

Posted: 02 Jan 2013 02:14 AM PST

Singer Kim Greem participated in the official soundtrack for KBS hit drama, 'Jeon Woo Chi'.

On December 2, Kim Greem released her new single titled, "Is It a Dream". The song was first heard as the closing song for the end of the drama's seventh episode, and immediately received favorable reviews from the netizens.

"Is It a Dream" will serve as the love theme song for the series' herione, Jeon Woochi (Cha Tae Hyun) and Moo Yeon (Uee).

Girls' Generation's Yoona greets fans in hanbok

Posted: 02 Jan 2013 01:45 AM PST

Girls' Generation Yoona updated SNSD's official website with a new photo.

She left a message,"how are you everyone? Did you 2012 end well? I ended my day well, i am looking forward for good things to happen in 2013, Happy to release our album on the first day, showing our good side, we will work harder for sure. Happy New Year and take care of your health"

Like her new photo?

f(x)'s Sulli poses with her trophy

Posted: 02 Jan 2013 12:51 AM PST

f(x)'s Sulli won the New Star Award on 2012 SBS Drama Award held on 31st December.

She updated her Me2day with a new message,"The New Star Award.... 2012 was a great year! I will work harder in 2013 ~ Happy New Year".

Fans commented,"so pretty","Congratulations" and etc.

Yoona releases new Innisfree CF

Posted: 01 Jan 2013 11:30 PM PST

Girls' Generation's Yoona releases the latest CF of Innisfree.

Check out the video below

Girls’ Generation talk about their ideal types

Posted: 01 Jan 2013 11:00 PM PST

Celebrating their spectacular "I Got a Boy" comeback, Girls' Generation had their own TV special on MBC titled, "Girls' Generation's Romantic Fantasy".

During the interview segment of the program, the members were asked to share their ideal types. Seohyun said, "I didn't care about a man's look before but now I do. I like a man who has pretty eyes."

Sooyoung said, "I like a man who has a pretty nose and a cute mouth," saying she also likes a man who has pretty eyes. YoonA also said, "I don't like guys who never get jealous. But I don't want them to be overtly jealous of course."

Meanwhile, Girls' Generation will be kicking off their promotions for "I Got a Boy" starting with their comeback stage on M! Countdown on January 3.

miss A and 2AM take a group photo

Posted: 02 Jan 2013 04:16 AM PST

JYP Entertainment's idol groups, miss A and 2AM took a friendly group picture for the New Year.

On January 1st, miss A's Fei uploaded the photo above on her Twitter, and wrote "Happy New Year." In the picture, miss A and 2AM members are posing closely for a photo together, and each members' different funny and adorable poses are drawing many people's attention.

Upon seeing the comical group photo, netizens commented, "The two groups look happy", "Your performances were awesome", "They look so great together" and "I love Jo Kwon and Min's poses."

Kim Tae Hee admits relationship with Rain

Posted: 01 Jan 2013 10:00 PM PST

Following a series of paparazzi photos that were released online, actress Kim Tae Hee's agency admitted that Kim Tae Hee and Rain have recently started seeing each other.

A representative from Kim Tae Hee's agency stated on January 1, "It's true that Kim Tae Hee is in a relationship with Rain. They are just starting out their relationship, getting to know each other better."

The rep continued, "It's only been 1 month since they started their relationship, and since they are so well-known celebrities, they are not so free to meet at anytime. And even though their emotions for each other are growing larger, it seems that they are still not quite confident about their feelings."

Rain and Kim Tae Hee, both in an open relationship for the first time, are said to have developed feelings for each other since they shot a TV commercial for a social commerce company together in November 2011.

Source: StarN News

Psy posts new year message for the fans

Posted: 01 Jan 2013 09:30 PM PST

Psy has sent out his greetings to his fans in Korea for the new year.

On January 1, Psy posted on his me2day, "There are 14 hours left until 2013 in New York, but all of my brothers in sister in Korea! Thank you for such a grateful year."

He continued, "I wouldn't even regret dying in this wonderful year, but thinking about spending the end of the year (which is also my birthday ㅠㅠ) makes my entire body twitch yearning for the concerts. Happy New Year! I'll be up with a new concert in spring."

Netizens commented, "2012 was the year of Psy", "I hope you will keep being so successful" and "I can't wait for his concert in spring!"

Meanwhile, Psy's mega-hit single "Gangnam Style" music video has already achieved over 1.1 billion views on Youtube.

JYJ’s Jaejoong releases teaser images for solo album

Posted: 01 Jan 2013 08:57 PM PST

JYJ's Kim Jaejoong will be releasing his first solo mini album in January and the countdown has just started with the release of his teaser images through JYJ's official Facebook page on January 2.

They wrote, "Jaejoong's 1st solo mini album that focused on his life, music and you is coming soon! Today album teaser image is released!! (FYI Music video teaser is coming up next week)
Literally, He is beautiful in that picture.. what you think? Please give him a lot of support^^"

Jaejoong's first solo album will be released on January 17th.

Girls’ Generation’s ‘I Got A Boy’ #1 in Korean music charts and Japan’s iTunes

Posted: 01 Jan 2013 08:30 PM PST

The ladies of Girls' Generation are back with fresh new album 'I Got A Boy' and it didn't take long to dominate various music charts, proving the group's unparalleled popularity.

Girls Generation released fourth full-length album, 'I Got A Boy' on January 1, and their title song of the same name, ranked #1 on major music sites such as Bugs, Melon, Dosirak, Naver, Daum and more. "I Got A Boy" also grabbed the top spot of Japan's iTunes as well as ranked #18 on the U.S. iTunes list.

The album's other tracks have mostly all taken over the top ten of other real-time music charts.

Baek Ji Young to hold first solo concert in 7 years

Posted: 01 Jan 2013 08:00 PM PST

Singer Baek Ji Young will start off the new year by holding her first solo concert in seven years!

The singer will have her 'An Outing After 7 Years' concert on February 16 at the Jamsil Indoor Gymnasium. It will be Baek Ji Young's first live concert since a show back in 2006.

At the concert, she will be performing various hit song such as "Good Boy" as well as her upcoming new single "I Hate It". The song is a collaboration with renowned pianist Yiruma and is set to be released on January 3.

According WS Entertainment, Baek Ji Young will make her way around regional cities after her solo concert in Seoul.

Verbal Jint releases video teaser for “Good Start”

Posted: 01 Jan 2013 07:30 PM PST

Verbal Jint has come one step closer to his comeback by releasing a video teaser for upcoming single, "Good Start".

On January 2, Brand New Music revealed a video teaser for Verbal Jint's comeback single. The teaser starts off with the singer talking to the cheering crowd, seemingly from his previous live showcase. It ends with Verbal Jint walking towards a mysterious lady.

The video also included a description stating January 7th, 2013 as the release date.