Wednesday, February 27, 2013

"Daesung adds 21 more shows to his Japanese solo tour" plus 19 more

"Daesung adds 21 more shows to his Japanese solo tour" plus 19 more

Daesung adds 21 more shows to his Japanese solo tour

Posted: 27 Feb 2013 09:47 AM PST

Big Bang‘s Daesung will have a whopping 25 shows for his solo tour!

His Japanese tour, titled ‘D-LITE D’scover Tour‘, will start on March 23 in Kobe, and will span for 3 months until June 18 in Yokohama. During those 3 months, Daesung will be providing ‘d-lite’ to fans in 19 cities with a total of 25 performances. Originally, Daesung was scheduled for only 4 dates in Kobe and Tokyo in March, but the concert planners must have grossly underestimated Daesung’s popularity, because they ended up adding an additional 21 concerts in 17 cities because of the high demand.

He’ll be visiting cities such as Nigata, Aomori, Hokkaido, Miyagi, Gigawa, Okayama, Hiroshima, Nagasaki, and Saga, cities that even Big Bang had never visited before.

His 3-month long tour means his tour will be going at the same time as leader G-Dragon, who will also hold his own 4-dome Japanese tour. Japan, are you ready for them?

[Thanks to everyone who sent in this tip!]

Did Park Si Hoo disguise as a fan on his official fancafe and take money from fans?

Posted: 27 Feb 2013 09:19 AM PST

Park Si Hoo has been fighting for his integrity in his sexual assault case, but there is yet another rumor that has popped up against him.

According to various posts spread across online community boards, Park Si Hoo allegedly signed up for his own fancafe disguised as a fan and gathered money in order to ‘send a present to Park Si Hoo’. Reportedly, fans had even gathered 7,800,000 KRW (approximately $7,200 USD) to donate to a bank account to buy Park Si Hoo a necklace for his birthday last year. However, a few people on the cafe became suspicious when they found out that the bank account was setup under the name ‘Park Pyung Ho‘, which is Park Si Hoo’s real name.

The netizen displayed a photo of the bankbook and receipts as proof, where it was shown that all the money had been completely used up. After the money was gone, Park Si Hoo’s mother had displayed a list of presents from fans on the cafe including a large TV, an oxygen machine, and a white gold necklace from Tiffany’s.

Also, Park Si Hoo’s side has reported that they will be making an official statement on the 28th on the sexual assault case.

Source(s): Digital Times, MBN TV, Herald Corp

SHINee snag their first win with “Dream Girl” on ‘Show Champion’

Posted: 27 Feb 2013 08:48 AM PST

SHINee snagged their first win for “Dream Girl” on ‘Show Champion‘!

The show tweeted a picture of the five boys in their stage outfits, proudly displaying their trophy to the camera. The photo was accompanied with the caption, “Which song is the ‘Show Champion Champion Song’ for February 27? It’s the shining SHINee ^^ Congratulations!!! They got their first 1st place on the ‘Show Champion’ “Dream Girl” comeback stage~~ They liked the really big trophy~ Congratulations again♥”.

Hopefully, this is just the first of many #1 awards for the boys! Check out their encore performance below!

Tip: Regina, tfc

2NE1′s Minzy turns into a golden lady in a BTS cut for ‘Marie Claire’

Posted: 27 Feb 2013 08:17 AM PST

2NE1‘s Minzy is shining… literally.

The 2NE1 members recently dominated fashion magazines with each member posing for a different magazine and YG Entertainment unveiled a BTS cut of Minzy at the photo shoot for her solo pictorial.

YG Entertainment shared the above photo on their me2day with the caption, “We gained confidence through the enormous amount of encouraging comments and released a bunch of 2NE1 pictorials. We unveiled another BTS cut of Minzy! Even though it was taken quickly by phone, it looks like a pictorial cut! Her pose is like that of a professional model! The maknae who is full of many charms Minzy!” Minzy is looking quite chic in the photo with her golden dress and over-sized sunglasses.

Blackjacks loved the look and replied, “She normally looks like a kid but her pose in the pictorial is mature”, “Minzy has the perfect V-line face”, and “Her dress catches my eyes.”

Here’s another BTS photo treat for fans!

Se7en to enlist in the army in March

Posted: 27 Feb 2013 07:48 AM PST

Se7en will be enlisting in March.

During a recent phone call interview with Star IN, he revealed, “I recently received the draft notice from the Military Manpower Association. I’m going to enlist without any further delays.

Even though he qualified to enlist as a public service worker, he’ll be proudly enlisting as a regular active duty soldier instead. Se7en will enlist at the Uijeongbu 306 Reserve Battalion, and will spend 21 months in the army.

He didn’t reveal the exact date of his enlistment because, “I want to personally reveal the date to the fans that gave me so much love. I’ll be publicly revealing the date at the concert.

Se7en will be holding his ‘Thank U‘ concert at the Seoul Kyo Yuk MunHwa Hoekwan Theater on March 9th at 7PM, until then we won’t know the exact date of his enlistment.

B.A.P’s Bang Yong Guk bares his abs again on ‘Weekly Idol’

Posted: 27 Feb 2013 07:29 AM PST

Bang Yong Guk bared his abs for fans during B.A.P‘s 1st solo concert 'B.A.P LIVE ON EARTH SEOUL', and it seems he’s gotten a lot more comfortable with showing them off.

‘Weekly Idol’ shared a jaw-dropping preview for its upcoming episode on their official Twitter with the message, “B.A.P’s Bang Leader reveals his abs! Coming soon,” along with the teaser photo above. If you look close enough, you can get a glimpse of Bang Yong Guk’s abs before next week.

Stay tuned for the big reveal on March 6th’s ‘Weekly Idol’!

Tip: babymatoki

Real-life couple Jo Jung Chi and Jung In confirmed for ‘We Got Married’

Posted: 27 Feb 2013 07:08 AM PST

After multiple rumors, singers Jo Jung Chi and Jung In have been confirmed as the latest couple to join ‘We Got Married‘.

Both of their agencies announced on the 27th that the real-life couple of 10 years will be replacing Julien Kang and Yoon Se Ah. Though a solid date hasn’t been planned, Jo Jung Chi and Jung In will be filming for their first episode next week.

Following Hwang Jung Eum and Kim Yong Jun, Jo Jung Chi and Jung In will be the second offscreen couple to be featured on ‘We Got Married’.

What do you think of the new addition?

miss A’s Suzy and Kim Soo Hyun have perfect chemistry for ‘Bean Pole’

Posted: 27 Feb 2013 06:45 AM PST

Kim Soo Hyun and miss A‘s Suzy showed off their perfect chemistry once again as the endorsement models for the outdoor brand Bean Pole.

Bean Pole released behind-the-scenes cuts of everyone’s favorite endorsement model coupling on set of the upcoming commercial, which was filmed in Bangkok, Thailand. The photos show Kim Soo Hyun and Suzy goofing off, dreaming, laughing, and dancing together.

Which leaves fans with one question: Why aren’t they dating yet? Remember, it’s just a CF!

Cross Gene’s debut PV “Shooting Star” released

Posted: 27 Feb 2013 06:25 AM PST

Cross Gene is making their Japanese debut with "Shooting Star", and after teasers showcasing some intriguing light saber action, the full PV has been released!

The group performed the single for the first time during a promotional event in Japan for the drama 'Big', but their release isn't until March. Their debut single album will also include the track "Solar".

Although we have some time left until the March 13th release, the PV should hold you over until then.

Take a look below!

Ji Hyun Woo tells us which girl group is the most popular among soldiers

Posted: 27 Feb 2013 06:19 AM PST

Actor Ji Hyun Woo has caught the girl group obsession that male soldiers catch during their two-year army service. He also revealed SECRET to be the most popular girl group among soldiers.

On the February 27th broadcast of YTN‘s ‘Issue And People‘, Ji Hyun Woo appeared as a guest along with his co-stars from the army musical ‘The Promise‘, Kim Moo Yeol and Leeteuk.

Ji Hyun Woo revealed how soldiers become obsessed with girl groups after entering the army, sharing, “The girl group that is currently the most popular among soldiers is SECRET. When I do military work in Wonju, all of the soldiers stop what they’re doing when SECRET comes on screen. When I wake up, I watch music shows, and before I go to sleep, I watch music shows. I want to watch dramas, but they all watch music shows.”

Ji Hyun Woo also praised ‘The Promise’, saying, “Even when compared to other musicals, the production quality is outstanding. The adults who watch the musical say, ‘It would be nice to show this kind of meaningful musical to middle and high school students.’ I want to show this musical to students who are currently enrolled in school.”

Let’s hope Ji Hyun Woo’s girlfriend Yoo In Na doesn’t get jelly of his love of girl groups!

Yoo In Na and IU promise to support each other for ‘You’re the Best Lee Soon Shin’

Posted: 27 Feb 2013 06:00 AM PST

The sisterly relationship between actress Yoo In Na and singer IU has been well-known in the fan community, particularly for fans of the 2010 SBS program ‘Heroes‘. After the recent announcement that they would be starring together in the upcoming KBS drama ‘You’re the Best Lee Soon Shin‘, fans have already been looking forward to see how their off-screen relationship will play out on-screen.

In an interview for the drama, the stars said, “We’re so happy that we were coincidentally cast in the same drama. We don’t think we’ll get the chance to do a project together again after this, so we promised to try our best and work hard. Since it’s a once-in-a-lifetime chance, we’ll make sure to work and have fun, so we have no regrets. I think we’ll have so much fun filming together.”

As a rookie actress (despite her ‘Dream High‘ resume), IU has been taking some quick acting lessons from her older and wiser friend. “I’m learning a lot from Yoo In Na unnie about what it means to be an actress,” she said. The senior actress was humble about her own talent, saying, “Normally, IU takes care of me like a mother, but in the drama I’m always treating her badly. I’m sure there’ll be a day when I can finally be warm like an unnie should.”

‘You’re the Best Lee Soon Shin’ will have its first broadcast on March 9th after the wrap-up of ‘My Daughter Seoyoung‘.

Source: Xportsnews via Naver

Ivy loves to swear

Posted: 27 Feb 2013 05:36 AM PST

Singer Ivy truthfully revealed that she’s good at swearing, and more than that, she enjoys it as well.

On the latest ‘Hello‘, a guest presented a concern about their father’s bad habit of swearing at the family. The MCs asked the celebrity guests if they use profanities, and Ivy answered, “I am really good at swearing. I even think listening to profanities is funny.

She then shared a negative experience brought about by her swearing, saying, “One time, I met a school friend I hadn’t seen in a while, and I used profanity to greet him because I was so excited to see them. That friend took the profanity to heart and punched a wall.

Another celebrity guest, Huh Gak, also mentioned, “I curse when I’m in a foul mood, especially when I drive.” MC Shin Dong Yup then spoke of his experience with road rage, saying, “I thought my windows were tinted so I swore, but then the car next to me said, ‘Hello Mr. Shin Dong Yup.’ I got really embarrassed.

2PM’s Jun.K looks handsome as D’Artagnan in ‘Three Musketeers’

Posted: 27 Feb 2013 05:10 AM PST

2PM‘s Jun.K successfully finished his first performance as D’Artagnan in the musical ‘The Three Musketeers‘.

He shared on his Twitter, “I thank everyone who came to watch my first performance of ‘Three Musketeers’!! It was an honor to work together with my musical veteran seniors, and I was nervous! I thank my hyungnims for the good advice! Bub Rae hyung, Kun Myung hyung, and Young Gi hyung!^^ I love you.” Jun.K shared the special moment with his fans with a selca of him in his stage outfit as the dashingly handsome D'Artagnan.

Fans commented, “Jun.K became more handsome”, “I will definitely come watch your musical”, Jun.K fighting”, and more.

In other news, Wonder Girls’ Yenny is starring as Constance in ‘The Three Musketeers’.

Why did Kang Hye Jung raid Tablo’s makeup drawer?

Posted: 27 Feb 2013 04:49 AM PST

Kang Hye Jung shared the story of why she had to raid her husband Tablo‘s makeup drawer while they were dating.

The actress featured as a guest on the latest ’Incarnation‘, where she said, “When we were first dating… I went over to his house once. I said I wanted to use the bathroom and snooped around a bit.

She continued, “He had a lot of makeup, so I thought I should organize the products for him, but I found some makeup that men do not use. He had some BB cream. There were a lot of makeup products made for women, so I took those,” explaining that she was suspicious that the rapper was dating someone else.

I tried to make it seem like they were never there and just throw the makeup out. Instead I put them in his dresser drawer. I wanted to show him that I saw the makeup. When he changed clothes, I wanted to see them and ask about it.

According to Kang Hye Jung, the makeup was placed in the bathroom by Tablo’s stylist, who was eventually let go.

Viewer makes Kang Ho Dong sweat on ‘Moonlight Prince’

Posted: 27 Feb 2013 04:20 AM PST

An audience member made Kang Ho Dong sweat on the latest ‘Moonlight Prince‘. The well-known host was asked directly about the break he took from the entertainment industry.

During the show, a guest brought up the sore subject, asking, “What did you do while you were taking time off?” Kang Ho Dong was definitely caught off guard by the question, and he started to sweat, unable to properly answer.

Tak Jae Hoon intervened and said, “I will tell you. When no one was around, he would turn on a small light and search the internet [for comments about him],” causing everyone to burst in laughter.

Kang Ho Dong honestly shared, “While I was taking time off, I took some time to find happiness.

In other news, Kang Ho Dong is in talks with SBS for a new program.

KARA’s Jiyoung and f(x)’ Krystal spotted at entrance ceremony for SungKyunKwan University

Posted: 27 Feb 2013 03:55 AM PST

KARA‘s Jiyoung and f(x)Krystal have officially become college students! The two idol stars were recently spotted attending the entrance ceremony for SungKyunKwan University.

The pictures show Krystal and Jiyoung in neat outfits, while they hang out with their fellow students and carry out interviews. The f(x) member went more casual, while Jiyoung decided on a more formal look with a white blouse and black blazer.

Netizens commented, “Wow, they’re so pretty“, “SungKyunKwan students must be really happy“, “I wonder if they’ll be able to attend school considering they’re so busy“, “Their beauty shines“, and more.

Krystal and Jiyoung will be both attending the university as performing arts majors. How many of you want to enroll now?

Kum Eung Soo reveals Yoo Jae Suk was shocked by ‘Come to Play’ cancellation

Posted: 27 Feb 2013 03:30 AM PST

Actor and former ‘Come to Play‘ cast member Kim Eung Soo revealed that even the ‘nation’s MC’ suffered from his moments of melancholy, detailing the last few days of the ill-fated MBC talk program.

As a part of the show’s ‘True Man Show‘ segment, the actor was part of a cast that included not only Yoo Jae Suk, but Jay Park, Kim Won Hee, Eun Ji Won, and Kwon Oh Joong. “When we filmed the final episode, we didn’t know it would be the final episode,” he recalled sadly.

“I was participating in a play in Japan then,” he said. “I briefly went back to Korea to film, but that was the last time. The broadcast was getting more interesting, so it was even more baffling when it was canceled.”

The actor hadn’t received a call from the producers, he said. “I was confused that I found out about the cancellation through the Internet.”

Although the producers apologized later, the shock wouldn’t dissipate easily. “It defies common sense,” Kim Eung Soo said. “Not for us, but more so for the viewers. It’s been receiving love for eight years. How angry were the viewers when they turned on the TV and ‘Come to Play’ wasn’t there anymore? Programs can be canceled and replaced, but this is close to violence. If a program that I loved for eight years was replaced, I would’ve been very angry.”

Kim Eung Soo also mentioned that he holds no grudges against the producers. “What crime have they committed?” he said, directing his anger towards the higher-ups. “A group with that kind of thinking is dangerous.”

“We held a party later,” he continued. “The producer, Shin Jung Soo, said everything was his fault, from the poor ratings to the eventual cancellation, but it wasn’t because of him.”

“Yoo Jae Suk was very shocked as well,” he said. “He was also very sorry towards me. Since the ‘True Man Show’ was a response to the falling ratings, we believed that we needed to wait and watch for one year at least. At the very beginning, we needed time to create a concept. We were beginning to see a path forward and had confidence.”

“He has a very well-anchored frame of mind,” he said. “It was thanks to him that ‘Come to Play’ became so fun. The program had been a part of MBC for eight years. That’s not the way you’re supposed to treat that kind of program.”

Source: Newsen via Nate

Who did Leeteuk want to see after enlisting?

Posted: 27 Feb 2013 03:05 AM PST

On the latest ‘News 12 – Issue and People‘, Super Junior‘s Leeteuk expressed how much he loves girl groups, but he wasn’t able to decide which one he likes most.

He started off the interview by sharing, “The people I wanted to see the most after enlisting in the army was my family. I also really missed the Super Junior members, who I’ve been with for almost 10 years.

When asked about girl groups, Leeteuk revealed, “As soon as I wore the military uniform and became a soldier, all the ladies and girl group members on TV looked beautiful. I want to see them very much. I thought, ‘The people I saw just once at broadcast stations were such great people.’” He also added, “There are a lot of girl groups these days, so I can’t decide who’s prettier. When girl groups come on TV, the soldiers’ morale improves.”

In other news, Leeteuk is starring alongside actors Ji Hyun Woo and Kim Moo Yeol in the army musical ‘The Promise‘, which commemorates the 60th anniversary of the Korean War.

Lee Seung Gi and BoA voted most likely stars to pass the bar exam

Posted: 27 Feb 2013 02:41 AM PST

In another round of random internet polls, Lee Seung Gi and BoA have been voted as the stars who seem most likely to pass the bar exam.

Internet tutor group Seven Audieu posted a survey asking “If they studied for it, which stars would pass the bar exam?” from February 7th to the 26th. The results showed that Lee Seung Gi got 1st place with 413 votes (48%), while BoA landed 2nd with 220 votes (25%).

Regarding BoA, one voter commented, “She entered junior high school with the highest score of all the students, and after dropping out of school, within a year she passed the junior high and high school equivalency exams. Also, recently on ‘K-pop Star‘, she has been giving sound advice and pinpointing what the contestants need to work on and what they are good at,” revealing why the singer would be an excellent lawyer.

Who else do you think should be on the list?

Ga In opts for no pants for ‘VOGUE Girl’

Posted: 27 Feb 2013 02:15 AM PST

Ga In went for the well-known ‘no pants’ fashion for ‘VOGUE Girl‘. The Brown Eyed Girls‘ has worn her own trademark leggy looks for her promotions, and this time, she bared her legs for a good cause.

Ga In was one of the celebrities for the ‘VOGUE Girl Pink Wings‘ campaign, and the magazine released more photos of her from the shoot for everyone to enjoy! In case you missed it, you can also see KARA Hara's photos here in a previous article.

As expected, the campaign has been incredibly successful over the years, bringing in 120 million KRW (~$111,286 USD) in donations.