Wednesday, February 6, 2013

"G.NA refutes breast implant rumors" plus 19 more

"G.NA refutes breast implant rumors" plus 19 more

G.NA refutes breast implant rumors

Posted: 06 Feb 2013 08:45 AM PST

G.NA refuted rumors about her receiving breast surgery.

On the February 6th broadcast of MBC‘s ‘Radio Star‘, she admitted to getting some work done by stating, “I had a small procedure done on my left eye. I’m sorry, boss.“.

Afterwards, the topic shifted towards her chest size and the rumors stating that she received breast implants. G.NA’s chest size had been a debated issue among fans ever since her debut. However, as much as she gained popularity for her large chest size, some people have made accusations of her getting breast implants.

She finally spoke up about the rumors and said, “When you search my name, ‘G.NA breast surgery’ comes out on the related search terms. There are rumors saying I got it at a certain hospital, and it’s not true. I might be boasting a bit, but all the members in my family are natural“.

Wonder Girls Sun to leave for Canada on the 7th

Posted: 06 Feb 2013 08:10 AM PST

Wonder GirlsSun will be leaving for Canada on the 7th.

The leader of Wonder Girls will be heading to Montreal, Canada on the 7th, and she will be temporarily halting her activities. A representative from JYP Entertainment stated, “On the morning of the 7th, she will be leaving to Montreal, Canada, with her husband James Park. She will be spending her newlywed days at the house there. There’s a chance she could come back temporarily to Korea in May. The Wonder Girls members will be focusing on their individual activities for now. We’re discussing when Sun will be returning for group activities. As we said before Sun got married, it’s not that Sun is leaving the group, but that she is focusing on her marriage for the time being.

The Wonder Girls recently performed as a full group at the 2013 Pyeongchang Winter Special Olympics closing stage, and the rest of the girls will be focusing on their solo activities.

G.NA loves performing for the military?

Posted: 06 Feb 2013 07:29 AM PST

Solo singer G.NA shared that she loves performing for the military.

On the February 6th broadcast of MBC‘s ‘Radio Star‘, G.NA expressed, “I like the military. No matter how tired I am, I always feel like I’m being recharged.”

She continued, “[The soldiers make me feel] like I’ve won 1st a few times. It seems like I look lovable [to them] no matter what I do. Even when I’m standing, drinking water, or blowing my nose, they enjoy it. It was cold, so I asked a staff member for a tissue. After seeing that, [the crowd] went crazy.”

In other news, G.NA is preparing to release an album in March.

T-ara and SPEED to serve rice cakes for charity

Posted: 06 Feb 2013 07:07 AM PST

T-ara and SPEED will be serving rice cakes for charity.

The two idol groups will serve rice cakes together at Brilliant Chicken (Gilbalhan Chicken) in Bucheon on February 9th at 6PM KST. Their agency stated, “We want to give the 100 sacks of rice we’ve received from fans to those in need.”

T-ara will be handing over the 100 bags of rice on the day of the event. They’ve also invited 12 children from the orphanage and plan to share rice cakes, take photos, and gift autographed CDs to them.

Last winter, the members of T-ara delivered rice, ramen, chicken, underwear, makeup, and other basic necessities to elderly persons living alone. They’ve previously donated necessities, dental services, and lunch to children with disabilities as well.

The rice cake event, which will take place on the 9th from 6PM-9PM KST at the Bucheon Brilliant Chicken, is open to anyone, including fans of T-ara and SPEED. The SEEYA and 5dolls will also be serving rice cakes as well.

In other news, T-ara will be releasing an album in Japan later this month, and SPEED will be releasing a repackaged album on February 18th KST after wrapping up promotions for “It’s Over“.

Tip: Chesskid1

Jung Hyung Don expresses his feelings about being the father of twin girls

Posted: 06 Feb 2013 06:45 AM PST

Jung Hyung Don expressed his feelings about being the father of twin girls.

During the latest filming of MBC‘s ‘Quiz to Change the World‘, the comedian stated, “The fact that I’m a father still hasn’t hit me. [My second daughter] looks more like me, so I feel a bit sorry for her.” Fellow Hyung Don & Dae Jun member Defconn commented, “Jung Hyung Don acts like he’s not wrapped around his daughters’ fingers, but he has them as his background picture on his cellphone and brags about them.”

Jung Hyung Don also revealed that not one of his wife’s dishes has tasted bad so far. He also commented on parodying Song Joong Ki (image below), saying, “I’m not afraid to take my clothes off.” MC Lee Hwi Jae added, “I saw there was a scar on Jung Hyung Don’s stomach, and I asked him if he got injured. He said that he received a fat decomposition shot.”

This episode will air on February 9th at 11:10PM KST.

MFBTY featured on Billboard

Posted: 06 Feb 2013 06:19 AM PST

Billboard has featured MFBTY (My Fans Better Than Yours) on its K-pop centric column K-Town.

The hip hop project group, composed of Yoon Mi Rae, Tiger JK, and Bizzy, were praised for their performance at ‘K-POP Night Out at MIDEM 2013‘ during the Cannes Film Festival. They were also noted for spreading “Korean Hip Hop in France.”

According to Billboard, “Whether or not MFBTY intended to, the group cemented Korean hip-hop as a viable genre that can please anywhere in the world — including MIDEM.” Yoon Mi Rae and Tiger JK were also described as the “Queen of Hip Hop” and the “Korean Jay-Z.”

MFBTY stated that the trio will all be releasing solo albums. In other news, MFBTY’s first single “Sweet Dream” is currently at #13 on Billboard’s ‘K-pop Hot 100′ chart.

20130206_mfbty_pr_billboard 20130206_mfbty_pr1 20130206_mfbty_pr2 20130206_mfbty_pr3

miss A’s Suzy to miss her high school graduation

Posted: 06 Feb 2013 05:56 AM PST

miss A‘s Suzy will be missing her high school graduation ceremony.

According to JYP Entertainment, though Suzy planned to attend the graduation at Seoul Performing Arts High School on the 7th KST, she’ll be unable to participate due to her schedule.

Suzy stated, “I think I had a joyful life as a student. My high school days were really great. I’m now graduating high school and becoming an adult. I’ll be showing the sides of myself I haven’t been able to show due to my age as much as I want from now on.”

In other news, Suzy has been cast in the upcoming MBC drama ‘Book of the House of Gu‘, which will premiere in April.

IU’s figure surprises netizens

Posted: 06 Feb 2013 05:30 AM PST

It looks like IU has moved on from her “little sister”/elementary school student image.

Photos of the singer, posted under the title “IU has the body of an elementary school kid? Her proportions are totally goddess-like”, have left netizens surprised and impressed by her figure. The snapshots were taken during the ‘K-pop Festival‘ at the Songdo Convensia Convention Center last year.

Her black dress and kill-heels were also a topic of discussion. Netizens commented, “I think she’d have more volume if she gained a little weight… Still her face is cute, and she sings well”, “IU’s voice and legs are really pretty. She should thank her parents”, “So beautiful”, and more.

In other news, IU has been cast as the protagonist of the upcoming KBS2 drama ‘You’re the Best Lee Soon Shin‘.

Tip: Edward, Billy

Brave Guys segment on ‘Gag Concert’ discontinued

Posted: 06 Feb 2013 05:05 AM PST

The Brave Guys segment on KBS2TV‘s ‘Gag Concert‘ has been discontinued.

According to producers, after the comedians finish filming on the 6th KST, the Brave Guys segment will be officially discontinued. The Brave Guys, who’ve also dipped into the music scene, became a hit after they debuted on the comedy show in February of last year.

The last episode of ‘Gag Concert’ with the Brave Guys, Shin Bora, Jung Tae Ho, Park Sung Kwang, and Yang Sung Il, will be aired on February 10th KST.

Are you sad to see them go?

Source: Newsen via Nate

Girls’ Generation’s YoonA and Lee Min Ho shoot for ‘Eider’

Posted: 06 Feb 2013 04:40 AM PST

Photos from the set of Lee Min Ho and Girls’ Generation YoonA‘s shoot for Eider have been released.

The two stars have been teamed up as the endorsement models for the French outdoor clothing brand since July of 2011, and they’ll be featured in its upcoming spring/summer advertisements as well. Lee Min Ho and YoonA are reported to be getting along nicely, especially since shooting in New Zealand for Eider’s ad campaign last year.

Lee Min Ho and YoonA will be promoting Eider’s windbreakers, gore-tex jackets, climbing wear, rain coats, and vacation fashion line.

This upcoming campaign is the duo’s fourth for the clothing brand. Don’t they look good together?

Kim Hyun Joong to withdraw from ‘City Conquest’

Posted: 06 Feb 2013 04:15 AM PST

Singer and actor Kim Hyun Joong is in the process of withdrawing from the cast of ‘City Conquest‘. The drama ran into problems earlier this month with a rejection from KBS.

His agency Key East Entertainment announced, “We’re in the process of wrapping up [Kim Hyun Joong's] leave from the drama… We’re rescheduling the events previously put aside for ‘City Conquest’, and for now, he’ll start his promotions as a singer with his Japan tour, world tour, and more.”

The label also added that Kim Hyun Joong is planning to star in a drama later this year, and that they’re currently in the midst of reviewing offers.

Actors Nam Goong Min and Jung Yu Mi are discussing their withdrawal from the drama as well.

Source: Osen
Tip: wano

G-Dragon to endorse makeup brand ‘The Saem’ alongside IU

Posted: 06 Feb 2013 03:45 AM PST

Big Bang‘s G-Dragon has been picked up as the latest endorsement model for The Saem. He’ll be promoting the makeup brand alongside singer IU, who became its exclusive model last year.

The Saem stated, “As we felt G-Dragon would best express our 2013 campaign ‘Global Echo The Saem’, we’ve chosen him as the ‘Global Echo Star’. G-Dragon was chosen as the most beautiful face to represent the free-spirited, happy, colorful aspects of nature.”

G-Dragon has already begun shooting commercials, starting his official promotions for the brand this past February 4th. He also tweeted the photo below from the commercial shoot to give fans a better look at the concept.

The advertisements featuring G-Dragon will be revealed starting in March.

Tip: Julie, Lina

G.O, Seungyeon, Siwan, Ji Eun, and Sunggyu to cameo in upcoming KBS sitcom

Posted: 06 Feb 2013 03:22 AM PST

MBLAQ‘s G.O., KARA‘s Seungyeon, ZE:A‘s Siwan, SECRET‘s Ji Eun, and INFINITE‘s Sunggyu will all be making cameos in the upcoming KBS2 sitcom ‘A Bit of Love‘ (‘Remaining Love‘).

According to KBS reps, “The idols are not fixed cast members, but for about three weeks, they’ll appear as the younger versions of the five main characters and leave a strong first impression.”

G.O. will be playing the younger role of manly man Lee Jae Ryong, while Siwan will play the main character’s crush (Kim Tae Hoon). Ji Eun is set to play the feminine character of Do Ji Won, while Sunggyu will play weak-bodied Lee Hoon. Seungyeon is warming up her acting chops by playing the main character’s (Kim Sun Mi) younger self.

It’s reported that the producers of ‘Immortal Song 2‘ had a hand in picking the idols.

Check out the premiere of ‘A Bit of Love’ on February 18th KST!

Tip: Thanks to all those of you who sent this in.

Davichi sing theme song for ‘Iris 2′

Posted: 06 Feb 2013 02:50 AM PST

Davichi will be the voices behind the theme song for KBS 2TV‘s upcoming drama ‘Iris 2‘.

Along with the duo’s vocals, a 70-piece orchestra played the instrumentals for the ballad, “Do You Not Know“. Kang Min Kyung and Haeri stated, “As Baek Ji Young sunbaenim’s song for the ‘Iris‘ OST ‘Don’t Forget‘ received so much love, we feel a bit of pressure, but we also want to get a better response.”

In other news, the members of Davichi are preparing to release a full-length album, the second since their debut five years ago.

Tip: Chesskid1

Kwon Sang Woo and Soo Ae look after child actress Park Min Ha on the set of ‘Queen of Ambition’

Posted: 06 Feb 2013 02:24 AM PST

Child actress Park Min Ha recently shared friendly snapshots with co-stars Kwon Sang Woo and Soo Ae on the set of SBS’ ‘Queen of Ambition‘.

Park Min Ha shared on her Twitter on the 4th, “Although it was tiring, I had a very enjoyable time… Aunt Soo Ae! Uncle Kwon Sang Woo! I was happy to be with my aunt and uncle~ ‘Queen of Ambition’ fighting!!!♥♥♥,” along with photos with Kwon Sang Woo and Soo Ae on set.

On the February 4th broadcast of ‘Queen of Ambition’, Park Min Ha appeared as the daughter of Ha Ryu (Kwon Sang Woo) and Joo Da Hae (Soo Ae). She impressed viewers with her acting ability despite her young age.

Have you been watching the series?

Time magazine says Psy’s ‘Wonderful Pistachios’ CF not relevant to ‘nut lovers’

Posted: 06 Feb 2013 01:54 AM PST

Time has released a list of the best and worst Super Bowl commercials of 2013.

The magazine decided to give a grade to all the commercials aired during Super Bowl XLVII, and the Wonderful Pistachios advertisement featuring Psy and his global hit “Gangnam Style” did less than satisfactory.

Time gave the commercial a “D-”, stating: “When Wonderful Pistachios shot this commercial, it wrongly assumed that ‘Gangnam Style’ was about to become a historic piece of pop culture and not a one-hit wonder whose appeal wouldn't outlast the New Year. There's little effort here to even remix the song or make it especially relevant to nut lovers. Too lazy, too late.”

Do you agree with Time magazine? Or did you like Psy’s “crackin’ Gangnam style”?

Girls’ Generation’s Jessica thanks Lee Dong Wook for helping her with acting

Posted: 06 Feb 2013 01:25 AM PST

Girls’ Generation‘s Jessica expressed her gratitude to Lee Dong Wook.

On the latest ‘Strong Heart‘, Jessica discussed how it was acting alongside Lee Dong Wook on the KBS 2TV drama ‘Wild Romance‘. She confessed, “It was my first time acting, and there was a scene I was supposed to cry. But when we started shooting, it was so cold and I was so nervous, I couldn’t get into the right emotion.

However, she revealed that Lee Dong Wook had been a big help to her during the scene. She said, “Dong Wook oppa was already crying. I was so thankful he helped me get into the right emotion.

In the scene they were discussing, Jessica’s character broke up with Lee Dong Wook while she gave him a pedicure. Lee Dong Wook revealed, “To be honest, I was really nervous too. I had a few hairs on my big toe, so I was self-conscious,” causing the entire studio to burst into laughter.

C-CLOWN’s Ray and Maru to graduate

Posted: 06 Feb 2013 12:56 AM PST

C-CLOWN‘s Ray and Maru are graduating!

Both boys will be attending their schools’ graduations on the 7th KST – Ray, born in 1994, will be graduating from high school, and Maru, born in 1997, will be graduating from middle school.

C-CLOWN’s label stated, “Ray and Maru are disappointed because they haven’t been able to attend many school activities while they were preparing to debut and when they debuted. They’re very thankful to the teachers and friends who understood and supported their promotions. C-CLOWN is currently resting from official promotions, and Ray and Maru wanted to meet their friends and teachers to look back on their memories. We’ve adjusted their photo shoot schedule, so they can attend their graduations.

Ray commented, “It hasn’t really hit me yet, but I think it will when I say my goodbyes at the graduation. I feel good, and I’m nervous about becoming an adult.” Maru added, “I’m sad because I haven’t been able to live school life much. In high school, I’m going to work hard, so I can be satisfied in both music and school activities.

Ray will be going to Jangan University with his groupmate Siwoo, while Maru will be going to Heungduk High School in Chungjoo. The boys are currently working on their new album.

Congratulations to Ray and Maru!

Son Dam Bi gives After School’s Nana a back hug

Posted: 06 Feb 2013 12:26 AM PST

Son Dam Bi recently updated her Instagram with a snapshot of her and Pledis Entertainment labelmate After School‘s Nana.

Son Dam Bi tweeted, “With cutie Nana during the long filming yesterday ^^,” along with the photo above.

The photo shows Son Dam Bi giving Nana a back hug, and fans are saying that the snapshot looks like it’s from a photo shoot.

They commented, “They’re goddesses”, “So pretty”, “It looks like a pictorial”, and more.

Tip: pledislovers

Psy becomes the most followed Korean celebrity on Weibo

Posted: 05 Feb 2013 11:57 PM PST

Psy has become the most followed Korean celebrity on the Chinese social networking site Weibo.

Psy opened his Weibo account on November 8, 2012, and he currently has over 8 million followers. Before Psy, Jang Geun Suk held the record for the Korean celebrity with the most followers on the Chinese SNS with 7.8 million followers.

However, Psy has been promoting actively in China, participating in the New Year’s programs and holding various other performances in China. His promotions in China gave him an explosive number of followers, pushing him to become the #1 Korean star on Weibo.

Congratulations to Psy!