Tuesday, March 26, 2013

"G-Dragon records the most friends in Korea on the chatting app ‘LINE’" plus 19 more

G-Dragon records the most friends in Korea on the chatting app ‘LINE’

Posted: 26 Mar 2013 09:11 AM PDT

G-Dragon has made a record for himself in number of friends on the ‘LINE‘ app.

He opened his official account only 10 days ago on the 15th, but he has already recorded 215,000 friends on the application in Korea, and almost 800,000 friends all over the world. Not just that, he had an event inviting a few fans to the rehearsal and the standing area for his ‘One of a Kind‘ world tour, and over 800,000 fans applied to the event.

Recently, he wrote, “Daesung, hyung is really sorry that I can’t go to your Japanese tour“, and added on a cute sticker, to the delight of many fans. G-Dragon has also been checking the messages that he receives through the application.

Currently, G-Dragon is preparing for the first dates of his ‘One of a Kind’ solo world tour on March 30 and 31. He’ll be going to 13 different cities in 8 different countries, performing in front of a total of 550,000 fans. Also, he’ll become the first Korean solo artist to have a 4-Dome tour in Japan.

B2ST’s Yoseob to have a solo Japanese debut in May

Posted: 26 Mar 2013 08:41 AM PDT

B2ST‘s Yoseob will debut in Japan as a solo artist in May!

He’ll be releasing ‘The First Collage‘, the same album he released in Korea, on May 15 and have his solo promotions. His label Cube Entertainment said, “His solo activities in Korea had a very good response, and he’s been continuously getting love calls from Japan. He’s working on B2ST’s new album as well as his Japanese activities. We look forward to Yoseob’s unique emotional solo stages appealing in Japan.

The album will have the songs from the Korean album in Japanese, and Junhyung will also participate as a rapper for the Japanese version of the title song “Caffeine“. Also, he’ll have a limited special edition version which will include a DVD.

Tip: b2utysil

IU poses as a Spring bride in her wedding dress

Posted: 26 Mar 2013 08:10 AM PDT

IU previously hinted on her more mature image to come and nothing says ‘grown-up’ more than becoming a bride.

Love is in the air this Spring and IU represented all the happy brides-to-be by posing as a bride herself in a white wedding dress.

Online retail site 11st unveiled the photos of IU modeling a wedding dress on the 26th. The photos show IU looking like the perfect Spring bride with her short white dress and lovely bouquet to match.

IU recently released her Japanese mini album, ‘Can You Hear Me?‘.

‘Little Psy’ Hwang Min Woo becomes a multi-talented entertainer

Posted: 26 Mar 2013 07:30 AM PDT

‘Little Psy’ Hwang Min Woo discussed what he’s been up to lately.

The tiny celebrity guest starred on the March 26th broadcast of KBS‘ ‘Yeo Yoo Man Man‘ and shared what’s transformed in his life after appearing in the music video for Psy‘s “Gangnam Style.”

He shared, “I’m performing in America, the Philippines, Taiwan, China, and Vietnam. I recently released my first album ‘Show+Time‘ and started working as an official artist.” Hwang Min Woo revealed how busy he has been working with concerts, acting, movies, and advertisements as a multi-talented entertainer.

He surprised the viewers by adding, “Recently, there was a casting request from France, but I had to turn it down because of my busy schedule.

Wonder Girls’ Yubin and Lim enjoy a girls’ date out together

Posted: 26 Mar 2013 07:26 AM PDT

Wonder GirlsYubin and Lim took time out of their busy schedule to enjoy some time together.

On March 25th, Yubin tweeted the above picture and wrote, “[On a] date with Lim [for the first time in a while~.

The picture shows Yubin and Lim posing with their heads together for the camera. The two grabbed the viewers’ attention with their bright smiles.

Fans commented, “I want to see you guys on stage together as well,” “So pretty,” “I’m enjoying the drama,” and “Yubin and Lim hwaiting!

In other news, Yubin is currently starring on OCN‘s drama ‘The Virus‘.

Why does Cha Seung Won not monitor the shows he stars in?

Posted: 26 Mar 2013 07:22 AM PDT

Cha Seung Won shared the reason why he does not watch any of the shows that he stars in.

The actor appeared on the March 25th broadcast of tvN’s‘ ‘Baek Ji Yeon’s People Inside‘ and shared, “I only watch a few of the shows that I appear on. I cannot watch the new airings because I am embarrassed.

The star went on to say, “I watch it privately. But even then I am embarrassed. It’s embarrassing for me to share that I watch it by myself. I did not watch much of MBC’s ‘The Greatest Love.’ There is no drama that I appeared in that I watched the whole way through.  I know a lot of other actors watch the shows that they appear in, but I am not like that.

He continued, “Instead of watching the shows, I listen to what other people say to get a feel for how well the show is doing. Maybe that is why I do not grow much. If I watch myself I can see where I am lacking and need to change and grow in. I think about this a lot but also have suspicions about whether this will really help my acting ability.”

Former S.E.S member Shoo announces pregnancy of second child

Posted: 26 Mar 2013 06:15 AM PDT

S.E.S‘s Shoo has announced that she is pregnant with her second child!

Shoo shared the good news on her Twitter, “I’m so happy. I am happy as a woman, as my husband’s wife, and as Yoo’s mother. Also… I am happy that I am the mother of the precious baby inside of me. I will lay down everything before God and my family will live with laughter.” The candid family photo shows Shoo, basketball player Lim Hyo Sung, and her son Yoo all enjoying a day out together, warming the hearts of fans.

Netizens congratulated Shoo replying, “Congratulations,” “Have a happy family,” and “It’s nice to see them look so happy in the photos.”

Super Junior’s Kangin parodies Ga In’s “Bloom” at ‘Super Show 5′

Posted: 26 Mar 2013 05:24 AM PDT

Super Junior‘s Kangin apologized to Ga In of the Brown Eyed Girls.

Kangin tweeted a photo on March 26th with the message, “Ga In, oppa is sorry.”  The photo shows Kangin getting ready to parody Ga In’s hit solo song “Blooming“.

He dressed as Ga In and took the stage on March 23rd and 24th of Super Junior’s world tour, ‘Super Show 5‘.  His parody of Ga In not only shocked the fans but also brought them a lot of laughter. The Super Junior member wore a blonde wig, fishnet stockings, and a pink top and tried to match the sexy concept that Ga In had in her music video.

Kangin went on to say, “Wow, the past two days went by like a dream. It really feels like a dream. I want to thank you all,” sharing his feelings about standing on the stage for ‘Super Show 5′ for the first time in four years after his discharge from the army.

miss A’s Suzy voted the #1 female idol who suits the witch character in ‘Beautiful Creatures’

Posted: 26 Mar 2013 05:04 AM PDT

To celebrate the premiere of the new fantasy film ‘Beautiful Creatures‘, an idol star ranking was conducted to see which female idol would best suit the role of a female witch.

A ‘Beautiful Creatures’ representative stated, “The portal site Nate conducted a survey titled ‘Who is the female idol who looks most likely to be born with the destiny of a witch like Lena from ‘Beautiful Creatures’?’ According to the survey results, the nation’s little sister Suzy ranked first place.”

miss A‘s Suzy ranked first with an impressive 44% of votes with netizens commenting that her pretty face and mysterious image would be perfect for the role of a beautiful witch. SISTAR‘s Bora came in 2nd place with 29%, IU in 3rd with 20%, and Girls’ Generation‘s YoonA in 4th with 7%.

‘Beautiful Creatures’ will premiere in Korea on April 18th.

Who else do you think would be good as a witch in the film?

U-KISS’ Dongho gives special lecture at his alma mater

Posted: 26 Mar 2013 04:46 AM PDT

U-KISSDongho was invited to give a special lecture at his alma mater Hanrim High School of Performing Arts. He graduated from the applied music department this year.

On March 26th, Dongho lectured about ‘Living as an Idol in Korea’ to his juniors. NH Media shared, “Dongho felt shy about giving a special lecture to his juniors at first, but accepted it because he thought it would be helpful to tell them stories he learned from his experiences. He’s been preparing for the lecture diligently despite his  busy schedule and is planning to tell his juniors many stories.”

During the hour long lecture, Dongho discussed the idol process and hardships he faced as a trainee and as an idol group member as well as the rewarding moments from the hard work.

Meanwhile, U-KISS is currently promoting their third album’s title song “Standing Still“.

Jessica and Krystal have an ‘abs-off’ in their recent photo shoots

Posted: 26 Mar 2013 04:24 AM PDT

The two beautiful Jung sisters unintentionally had an ‘abs-off’ in their individual photo shoots.

Girls’ Generation‘s Jessica revealed her toned stomach for the April issue of ‘W Korea‘ where she showed her sexy side by matching a short lace top with white skinny jeans, while f(x)‘s Krystal took on spring fashion with a street casual look for ‘Vogue Girl‘. She showed off her abs in a cropped top and white skinny jeans as well.

Although it’s too close to call which sister has nicer abs, it’s easy to tell the sisters have inherited some superb genes.

Netizens also complimented the two stars on their flawless figures.

Shin Hyun Jun releases his second children’s book

Posted: 26 Mar 2013 04:05 AM PDT

Actor Shin Hyun Jun has released a children’s book once again.

Shin Hyun Jun tweeted a photo with the caption, ‘The Laughter and Tears of a Clown‘.

He wrote, “This is my second children’s book. Call me a children’s book author now. To achieve your dreams, you need hope, and hope comes from perseverance and hard work.  If you do not work hard and only dream then you will not be able to achieve that dream – Charlie Chaplin,” reminding fans that he’s a published author.

The photo shows Shin Hyun Jun holding his two children’s books, the first he wrote, titled ‘Aladdin and the Magic Lamp‘, as well as his most recent work.

Netizens congratulated him on his achievement. Shin Hyun Jun will be getting married on May 26th to a woman 12 years his junior.

Why is 2NE1′s Dara running on Park Bom’s birthday?

Posted: 26 Mar 2013 03:45 AM PDT

2NE1‘s Park Bom celebrated her birthday on the 24th, and fellow member Dara was spotted running to give her a special birthday present.

Dara tweeted, “Last night at midnight~ Running to give her a [birthday gift]! Perhaps.. You all know what ‘seng sun’ means right? If you’re part of the new generation, you would know~ It’s short for ‘birthday present’ ^_^v”

Park Bom then revealed what Dara’s mystery gift was and shared, “Dara suddenly came in giving me seaweed soup… She told me that she can’t cook seaweed for me, so eat this……I lost…She must have brought it from Korea to give to meㅠㅠ… This feeling…. How should I express it??!!!@&@&.”

It’s a Korean tradition to prepare seaweed soup for someone on their birthday, and it seems Dara did her best to fulfill that tradition overseas.

Netizens commented, “Dara is so nice,” “Her gift is so touching,” and “I think I would cry.”

SHINee show off their athletic charms for ‘Sketchers’

Posted: 26 Mar 2013 03:25 AM PDT

SHINee‘s athletic photo shoot for Sketchers has been revealed!

Through the sports brand shoot, the members showed off their stylish and colorful exercise looks. They matched training shorts with simple t-shirts and colorful windbreakers as they posed in various running poses.

Taemin, Minho and Onew donned spring colors in their blue, red, and lime windbreakers, while Jonghyun and Key looked chic and classy in achromatic-colored shirts.

A representative of ‘Sketchers‘ shared, “We revealed SHINee’s photo shoot just in time for spring when it’s nice to jog. For this season, light and active products were released, and we anticipate a big response from people who enjoy jogging or running.

After School’s Lizzy promises to speak in a Seoul accent in her next drama

Posted: 26 Mar 2013 03:04 AM PDT

After School‘s Lizzy shared her thoughts on her acting journey in the MBC drama ‘Rascal Sons‘ as it sadly comes to an end.

She took to her Twitter to thank everyone. She posted, “Thank you for congratulating us on our 3rd anniversary since our debut♥ And thank you for loving ‘Rascal Sons’! Ryu Soo Young oppa, senior actors, and staff all did a great job. Thank you!! I will speak in a Seoul accent next time.. This photo of me not being able to hold back my tears is a gift.” The adorable snapshots show Lizzy shedding her paper tears after saying farewell to the drama and its crew.

Lizzy has been known for her charming ‘Busan accent’, so fans can’t wait to hear her ‘Seoul accent’ in her next production. She’s also gearing up for a comeback with After School, so stay tuned for that!

4men spend one-on-one time with fans as baristas for their ‘one day cafe’ event

Posted: 26 Mar 2013 02:45 AM PDT

How would you feel if you had the opportunity to sit down and have coffee with your favorite celebrities?

Well, fans were lucky enough to do just that during 4men‘s ‘one day cafe’ event held at the Black Mug cafe in Dogokdong, Seoul on the 24th. The members spent a memorable time with the fans as their baristas by making coffee, serving their orders, and sharing stories with them. 4men and their fans also worked together to help those in need because all of the proceeds from the event were donated to charity.

4men shared, “We loved that we were able to make eye contact with each fan and share stories with them off the stage for the first time in a while. Through this ‘one day cafe’ event, we were able to do a good deed together with fans, so it will remain as even more of a precious memory.”

The group will be kicking off their concert tour '2013 4men Concert: I'll Let You Listen' later this year at the Yonsei 100th Memorial Hall in Seoul on May 17th-19th, Daejeon in May 25th-26th, Busan on June 1st, and finally in Daegu on the 8th.

Kevin Maher gives a sneak peak at f(x)’s new choreography?

Posted: 26 Mar 2013 02:24 AM PDT

Choreographer Kevin Maher dropped more hints about f(x)‘s impending comeback!

The choreographer, who’s previously worked with Justin Bieber and Britney Spears, is reportedly working with the girls on the dance for their next song. The girls took a group shot with him in Los Angeles after flying in from their performance at ‘SXSW‘. Kevin Maher uploaded another photo recently and shared,

The bottom photo is something that fans had seen before, but the top photo looks like it may be a part of the new choreography. What do you think?

Tip: ad

LUNAFLY unveils Sam’s teaser image for 1st album ‘Fly to Love’

Posted: 26 Mar 2013 02:04 AM PDT

LUNAFLY will be making a comeback with their 1st album 'Fly To Love'!

LUNAFLY tweeted:

Just like their group image teaser and Teo‘s teaser, Sam’s image follows the colorful theme.

Stay tuned for more teasers as their comeback approaches this April!

Ivy denies rumors of breast implants

Posted: 26 Mar 2013 01:45 AM PDT

Ivy‘s amazing bikini body has been getting attention lately, but the response isn’t all positive. The singer had to clear up rumors saying that her glamorous figure is not all natural.

Ivy shared on her blog, “Some of you keep sending me messages asking me where I got my breast implants. Uhm. I am thankful that you [think I look good]. My breasts are naturally inherited from my mother. I even get asked what my cup size is. Those whose previous surgery didn’t go well are asking me for information about where they can get it re-done. I am more natural than you think I am, so don’t say so hastily that I got plastic surgery. I’ve only done enough cosmetic surgery to the point that my parents can still recognize my face…”

She also gave a message to fans about being comfortable in your own skin, stating, “Don’t decide to do plastic surgery so hastily either. Don’t rely so much on the words of plastic surgeons.”

Netizens commented, “She seems comfortable in her own skin,” and “Now that Ivy explained herself, let’s hope there will be no more of those messages.”

Phantom releases “Come as You Are” MV with Verbal Jint

Posted: 26 Mar 2013 01:24 AM PDT

Phantom and Verbal Jint have teamed up for their new single "Come As You Are"!

"Come As You Are" channels the era of the '70s by drawing inspiration from blue-eyed soul band music with its soothing melody just in time for spring. Verbal Jint also made his producing debut for the new single.

Phantom will be holding their first solo concert on May 15 at the Uniqlo AX Hall in Seoul.

Watch the "Come As You Are" MV below!